Gears of War crashing Help thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

This is a thread for anyone who is experiencing the game crashing ~30 seconds after startup. I recently called Microsoft Tech Support which aided me on this issue of anyone who is crashing. This help thread is only for people who have Windows Vista.

Please follow these steps

1. Go to my computer, on your desktop
2. Click C: drive
3. Go to Program Files
4. Microsoft Games folder, then click on Gears of War folder (if you have placed Gears of War folder in another location on your computer go to that location and find Gears of War)
5. Look for Binaries
6. Once Binaries is open scroll down until you find Startup application (not startup.dll)
7. Right click on it and click on Run as Administator

Each time you run Gears of War you must Run as Administator to avoid crashes. This solution have worked I was on Gears of War a few minutes with zero problems. If you are experiencing crashes even with step by step help, try updating your video card drivers.

I hope this will help all those people who are experiencing frustrating crashes.

ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 ncderek
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
this game runs real laggy or glitchy, even tho i get about 50 fps maxed out. which is weird, but then i heard that im lucky to be playing the game at all. hopefully a patch fixes this all. i havnt even tried online, not gonna buy live to play a poorly made game, but once its patched itll be great
Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts
Epic and their QA department are working ASAP to fix all the bugs that People can Fly released with the game. Hopefully they won't work with this polish company anymore.
Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts
Yeh on my x1950xtx maxed out i get 60fps vsync and it never drops but i get alot of stuttering...
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 9mmSpliff
Member since 2005 • 21751 Posts
my only problem was when fighting the Corpser. I got stuck on the Immulsion and I couldnt fight him anymore. I actually couldnt run forward and my bullets couldnt do damage from all the way back where I was. Anyways thats my only problem I have had.
ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 ncderek
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
why didnt they play the game and see and fix these problems before releasing it? just wondering
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 9mmSpliff
Member since 2005 • 21751 Posts

why didnt they play the game and see and fix these problems before releasing it? just wonderingncderek

Because they have timeline restrictions and pressure from other companies to release it. Also the fact that the PC has always been this way, because they can patch it through the net.

Haunted-Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Haunted-Shadow
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

This is a thread for anyone who is experiencing the game crashing ~30 seconds after startup. I recently called Microsoft Tech Support which aided me on this issue of anyone who is crashing. This help thread is only for people who have Windows Vista.

Please follow these steps

1. Go to my computer, on your desktop
2. Click C: drive
3. Go to Program Files
4. Microsoft Games folder, then click on Gears of War folder (if you have placed Gears of War folder in another location on your computer go to that location and find Gears of War)
5. Look for Binaries
6. Once Binaries is open scroll down until you find Startup application (not startup.dll)
7. Right click on it and click on Run as Administator

Each time you run Gears of War you must Run as Administator to avoid crashes. This solution have worked I was on Gears of War a few minutes with zero problems. If you are experiencing crashes even with step by step help, try updating your video card drivers.

I hope this will help all those people who are experiencing frustrating crashes.

Jd1680a

WOW THANKZ MAN YOU HELPED ME OUT!!! :D LOVE YOU FOR EVEr!! :p lolz no but thankz man now i can play the game

MetalAzz666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 MetalAzz666
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts

Another thing worth knowing is that if your Windows Live games crash after a short while (minutes), you'll have to uninstall the current version of Windows Live, and downloadthemost recent(1.2 at this point) version and install it.

I've experienced crashes with both Gears of War and Universe at War, and they where fixed completely by using the method above.

BATSSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BATSSS
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

HI JUST LIKE SAY THX THATS WORKS

aniketshah_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 aniketshah_22
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Thanx a lot "JD1680a"............ur solution works perfectly for me.........thanx thanx