Games you wanna see announced?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2005wrxsti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 2005wrxsti
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts

X-COM

MECHWARRIOR

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts
The games I would liked to see announced include...

Remakes

Usually I am not one to ask for remakes, but there are a few games that I feel would benefit from being updated to new engines, while leaving the core gameplay/story intact. These include...

Unreal - the original and imo best of all the games in the Unreal universe. With updated models/graphics, improved environments and a bit more flesh on the bones with a return of the RPG-lite elements, it would make a good modern FPS. I always felt like a rogue space age freedom fighter trying to help the Nali get free of their oppressors, and the basic 'survive on alien world' plot worked pretty well. Strangely, though, I wouldn't use the Unreal engine to remake the game, but use the Crysis engine instead, which seems more appropriate for large lush environments.

Clive Barker's Undying - after the disappointment I felt over Jericho, if they went back and revamped Undying with better level design, more intense horror etc., it could work well as a remake. I think the Source engine would be better suited to such a game instead of the Unreal engine.

Thief - I've had so many problems trying to get the original game to work on my current rig that it ain't funny. So it would be great to see the original game (with the bonus missions) revamped and recreated in a modern engine - probably the Source engine, due to the great character/facial animation available.

Eye Of The Beholder 1 & 2 - had a lot of fun playing these back in the day, but the graphics today look pretty bad, and the interface is outdated. The second outing had a better story and some great dungeon designs, though, and I still get a kick out of playing these titles. I just wonder how they would look (and play) in a modern 3D engine.

System Shock 2 - I've had problems getting this to run properly as well, so it would be good to see a remake with updated graphics and a less cluttered interface. Again, the Source engine would be a pretty good candidate for making a revamped version of this great title.

Betrayal At Krondor - because the graphics weren't very good when it was released, and now they are pretty terrible. Less of a focus on pages and pages of text to tell the story, and more emphasis on turning that story into real-time action with an over-the-shoulder third-person view would do wonders to revitalise this ****c RPG.

Outcast (revisited) - the original game was great, but anyone remember that horrendous bug that uninstalled the game right after you installed it, requiring a patch? Heh. Good times. The voxels look pretty dated now, but the story was good, and I think it could stand a remake in a new engine.

Sequels

I actually don't want that many sequels. I'm usually of a mind that developers should move on and make new IPs so their games are fresher and they don't get stale. However, there are a few notable exceptions, which I'll list here:

No One Lives Forever 3 - I would be happy with just one more title in the series to make it a trilogy. The NOLF games are some of my favourites, and it would be great to see a new stealth/action outing for Cate Archer. I seem to recall there was a problem or something over who held the rights to the franchise, so maybe that's why it hasn't been continued. While I did like FEAR and even Condemned: Criminal Origins on PC, I would prefer a NOLF 3 over effectively a FEAR 2 in Project Origin.

Jedi Knight - is simply the best Star Wars franchise they created imo, and it worked so well because they created new characters and situations in the Star Wars universe, rather than trying to follow characters from the movies. I still think the original Jedi Knight is the best of the bunch, but Jedi Outcast comes a close second. While I liked Jedi Academy, including the 'build your own character' function, I don't think the story was as good as previous outings, and the ability to choose missions out of order made those missions feel too contrived and too removed from the main plot. The key plot levels were much better, imo. Anyway, with current technology it would be great to see another outing in the JK series on PC. Incidentally, I would also settle for a remake of the original Jedi Knight in a new engine, because that game had great level design, and a great variety of gameplay wrapped up in a great story.

Heretic III - Again it would be great to see a third outing to round off a trilogy in this series. I thought Heretic II was a great game, with a decent plot and interesting enemies. Of course it also had that great range of acrobatic moves (a fore-runner to what Raven would eventually produce in Jedi Academy).

Rune 2 - I think Rune is a great game, even to this day. I can still go back and play through the SP campaign and have a blast, although the graphics look pretty dated now. I know some people felt the first levels were overlong, but I really enjoyed exploring in that game, and the melee combat was very well realised. A sequel just never seemed to come to fruition, which I feel is a shame, especially in light of the 'resurgence' of Viking-related games coming to market.
Robnyc22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Robnyc22
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
  • Knights of the Old Republic III (single player RPG developed by BioWare or Obsidian)
  • Sequel or Spiritual Successor to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, developed by BioWare, CD Projekt RED studio, or Obsidian.
  • System Shock 3, with 2K Boston as the developer.
  • The Witcher II
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2
  • Homeworld 3
  • CounterStrike 2
  • Giants: Citizen Kabuto 2
  • Wasteland revival, helmed by the ex-Fallout developers
  • Shadowrun RPG helmed by Obsidian or CD Projekt Red Studio
  • Crysis 2
  • Opposing Force Sequel
  • No One Lives Forever 3
  • SWAT 5
  • Diablo III
  • Freedom Force 3
  • Heavy Gear III
  • The rumored Wing Commander game
  • Prey 2
underdark944

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 underdark944
Member since 2003 • 1368 Posts

Star Wars: KotOR 3

Diablo 3

Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts
warhammer 40'000 chaos gate 2
Rottenberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Rottenberry
Member since 2004 • 4908 Posts
Planescape: Torment 2, made by either Obsidian or Bioware... preferably Obsidian.
thesarge123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 thesarge123
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts

warcraft 4 of course

new halo (not going to happen lol)

a new counterstrike would be cool as well

cobb45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 cobb45
Member since 2004 • 1179 Posts
syphon filter (air taser, love frying bad guys to a crisp, lol) battlefront III and clocktower - (all for pc :P)
artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 artur79
Member since 2005 • 4679 Posts

warcraft 4 of course

new halo (not going to happen lol)

a new counterstrike would be cool as well

thesarge123

Why not?

Simsfreak14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60 Simsfreak14
Member since 2006 • 1480 Posts
well Halo Wars is Comming! :)
1nverted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 1nverted
Member since 2006 • 1654 Posts
Black and White 3.
otacon06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 otacon06
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Megaman X9

Devil May Cry 5(yes i know 4 is only like a month old)

Resident Evil 5(pretty sure it's already been announced)

A New Ratchet and Clank

Unreal Tournament 4

AnotherKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 AnotherKill
Member since 2007 • 1341 Posts

Max Payne 3

Thief: IV

A release date for HL2: EP3 :P

biggest_loser

Hasn't Max Payne 3 been announced yet?

I would like:

Counter Strike 2

Monkey Island 5

Grim Fandango 2

An awesome MMORPG

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#65 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

Max Payne 3
Half-Life 3
Heretic 3
No One Lives Forever 3
Aliens vs. Predator 3
Star Wars Jedi Knight 3
Wow, that's a lot of threes!

Psychonauts 2
Prey 2
Kingpin 2

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#66 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

Another Troika RPG. Just one more. Please...

mfsa

unfortunately you have a better chance of seeing Jimmy Hendrix, Tupac and Elvis on tour together.

my picks are

Shadowrun RPG

Omikron 2 (it was anounced but then it news says it's either cancelled or put on hold)

Undying 2 or Jericho 2: They just need to fix certain things in these games.

Another Vampires game or Call of Cthulhu game would be nice but both of those devs have gone under.