Games you wanna see announced?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
Sequels:
  • Homeworld 3
  • Warcraft 4
  • Max Payne 3
  • Half Life 3 (well, Episode 3 and Portal 2 have been confirmed...)
  • Company of Heroes 2 (after DoW2 and HW3 ofc :))

My own ideas:

• A Warhammer 40000 shooter (I don't think you'd be surprised :P)
  • An RTS like Empire at War... only with larger scale Homeworld-like space battles and conquering planets actually feels like conquering planets, instead of just "1 map and you're done".
Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts
Diablo 3!
lachesis-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 lachesis-
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts

well, the next Counter-Strike.

over at IGN, there was an article which gave information that its in the works!

and for sure Max Payne.

can't really think of any others at the moment

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#4 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Max Payne 3

Thief: IV

A release date for HL2: EP3 :P

Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts
  • Privateer 3
  • Privateer Online
  • Syndicate 3
  • Magic Carpet 3
  • MechCommander 3
  • Longbow 3
  • Ultima X (shoot! ran out of 3's)
  • Populous 4
  • Strike Commander 2
  • a true Shadowrun RPG (I'd even settle for a D20 Modern game)
Buffalo_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Buffalo_Soulja
Member since 2004 • 13151 Posts
Have you played Warhammer 40K Fire Warrior? I wish I didn't.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Have you played Warhammer 40K Fire Warrior? I wish I didn't.Buffalo_Soulja

Nope. I've known about it for like 2 years already and I'm not interested in the least.

Filtrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Filtrid
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts

Tie fighter 2
or a remake of tie fighter

thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts

System Shock 3

Thief IV

All of the rest of them I can think of right now have already been announced. :)

mac631

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 mac631
Member since 2006 • 168 Posts
Well most of my fav games have a sequel like Mafia, Bioshock, Max Payne, blablabla. Just wait for release. god dam it how long i need to wait?
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

A remake of System Shock 2. I'm not convinced a good sequel could honestly be made at this point.

Half Life 3. Not in episodic form, I believe it hurts FPS games.

Dawn of War 2. Probably being announced next month.

Another Troika RPG. Just one more. Please...

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - on PC. Or a full blown sequel. Or The Darkness. Just more from Starbreeze.

Remakes of the original Doom games (that play like the original Doom games) in a modern(ish) engine.

Max Payne 3.

The Witcher 2. Very probably coming, but it doesn't hurt to wish.

A sequel to the Starship Troopers FPS, but made by a team with talent and funding.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Diablo 3!Tuzolord

Agreed!

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
New X-COM.
artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 artur79
Member since 2005 • 4679 Posts

Kotor 3 (SP, not MMO) by Bioware would make me come. Ehh, not really. But I would get all excited and pop a beer.

System Shock 3. But only if it's made by someone who loves and cherishes the franchise. Not some "Let's make some money, boys!"-dev team. I don't even mind them doing something new or fiddling with game-mechanics as long as it's an improvement, not simplification of gameplay. Some gamers like a challenge, devs...

A new Oddworld-game. Damn you gamers, you don't appreciate quality franchises, some of the best games sell 20 copies (resulting in a great dev team going belly up), while crap like Madden and 50 Cent manage to sell millions of copies.

Halo 4 with new ideas and game-mechanics. *runs and hides from the PC-mob with torches*

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts

Diablo III

Arx Fatalis II

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

A new Oddworld-game. Damn you gamers, you don't appreciate quality franchises, some of the best games sell 20 copies (resulting in a great dev team going belly up), while crap like Madden and 50 Cent manage to sell millions of copies.

artur79

Yeah, Oddworld is an absolutely magnificent game series. If you didn't know, it was originally planned as a series of five games - but after only two (of the planned five), the studio refocused its efforts on a CGI feature film. Abe's Oddysee and Exoddus are two of the finest games I've ever played.

I would give up Half Life 3 for a another Oddworld game, if it was as good as Abe's Oddysee. Happily.

xwolfghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xwolfghost
Member since 2005 • 6076 Posts
Elder Scrolls 5
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

A sequel for Undying.

A remake of Quake 1.

A new game in the Rise Of Nations series (if it's Rise Of Legends, it's even better).

Halo 3 for PC and a proper Marathon game...

And Halo Wars on PC.

(moar Stalker, The Club and UberSoldier sequels are welcome)

staindredglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 staindredglass
Member since 2006 • 95 Posts

Age of Mythology 2

Dungeon Siege 3

Dawn of War 2

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (though, i think this has already been confirmed)

The Elder Scrolls 5

Half-life 3

Doom 4

Resident Evil 5

World in Conflict 2

F.E.A.R. 2 (but forget short, repetitive gameplay expansion packs)

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 3

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Star Wars Republic Commando 2

maybe toss in a Lego Star Wars 3: The Untold Stories LoL! they did it with Battle for Middle Earth 2.

ok... with the end of the list, i love star wars... sue me :P

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

Dungeon Siege 3 - I think Chris Taylor is making a "Space Seige" game. That's kind of like DS 3

Resident Evil 5 - ANNOUNCED

F.E.A.R. 2 (but forget short, repetitive gameplay expansion packs) - Look up "Project Origin" - it's the real FEAR sequel

staindredglass

• An RTS like Empire at War... only with larger scale Homeworld-like space battles and conquering planets actually feels like conquering planets, instead of just "1 map and you're done".

Umm....Sins of a Solar Empire 100 planet games maybe? That's practically what your looking for.

staindredglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 staindredglass
[QUOTE="staindredglass"]

Dungeon Siege 3 - I think Chris Taylor is making a "Space Seige" game. That's kind of like DS 3

Resident Evil 5 - ANNOUNCED

F.E.A.R. 2 (but forget short, repetitive gameplay expansion packs) - Look up "Project Origin" - it's the real FEAR sequel

ElArab

Umm....Sins of a Solar Empire 100 planet games maybe? That's practically what your looking for.

i was unaware about "project origin" so thanks for bringing that to my attention.

as for RE5, i know it's been announced, but this topic is for PC games we'd like to see announced and RE5 isn't announced for PC. it's only announced for xbox360 and ps3. or maybe gamespot just hasn't made a place for the PC version yet so that's why it doesn't show-up, idk.

and as for Space Siege, i know about it. i'm gonna get it, no doubt about it. even though it's like DS, it's still not DS. Space Siege is more modern with the character having guns n stuff. Dungeon Siege is more, umm, old-school in reagrds to weaponary... crossbows, bows, swords, staffs, magic, etc... so i still want a Dungeon Siege 3 cuz i like the old-school weaponary.

pilouuuu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pilouuuu2004
Member since 2004 • 1075 Posts

Monkey Island 5

Half-Life 3

Max Payne 3 (I know the are rumours...)

A new Wing-Commander

KOTOR 3

Street Fighter IV on the PC

Baldur's Gate III

Audio Surf 2

GTA IV on the PC

a GOOD new Need for Speed game

Sim City 5

a follow up to Day of the Tentacle

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

Yeah and I hope Capcom will make a PC version like they did RE4, without the need to mod all the fixes yourself :P

Also, I tend to like old school more than "new school" so I know what you mean, also that's probably why I like Warhammer 40k so much, it's so gritty and brutal just like Medieval "old school" - but with a sci-fi "new school" (about 40,000 years later type new) twist.

staindredglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 staindredglass

i'd also like to see... for pc...

God of War

and give me a wickedly kool pc version of The Legend of a Zelda!!!

1Lonehawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 1Lonehawk
Member since 2005 • 873 Posts

I know this will never happen because I'm probably the only one that wants it but:

Starfleet Command 4. (With the graphics of Star Trek legacy, the combat mechanics of SFC 3 and the MP stability of a game that's made.....well properly, with no bugs, that just works for pete's sake!)

This is just a dream though, I know this will never happen. :(

pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts

System Shock 3

Thief IV

thanatose

Same, they were the only ones I could think of at the moment.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#27 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Elder Scrolls V
Neverwinter nights 3
Titan Quest 2
some new high fantasy RPG titles
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts
  • Privateer 3
  • Privateer Online

Ein-7919

Yes plz, I want Privateer 3 SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look I even bought the Hint book!!

:lol:

xwolfghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xwolfghost
Member since 2005 • 6076 Posts

Thief IV

thanatose

Oh man Thief would be nice. I wanted to buy the newest one a while back but no place had it anymore ;_; It looked really nice
Simsfreak14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Simsfreak14
Member since 2006 • 1480 Posts

Elder Scrolls 5xwolfghost

Well it has been confirmed that it will take place in the Snowy part of Tamriel where the Nords live...

thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
[QUOTE="thanatose"]

Thief IV

xwolfghost

Oh man Thief would be nice. I wanted to buy the newest one a while back but no place had it anymore ;_; It looked really nice

You can buy Thief: Deadly Shadows (III) through Steam for a decent price. The gameplay changed a bit but the game was still a great play.

Rottenberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rottenberry
Member since 2004 • 4908 Posts
Planescape: Torment 2. Made by either Obsidian or Bioware... but I'd prefer it be developed by Obsidian.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Freespace 3, Homeworld 3, Dungeon Keeper 3.. All come to mind... Unfortantely the only game that even has a remote chance of getting made is Homeworld 3... Freespace licence will probably never fall into volitions hands (thats even if the dev is the same people it was those many years ago)... And Bullfrog has ceased to exist.. EA holds rights.. While Lionhead holds the actual creators. Sacrifice is another huge one.. That is probably still caught in whats left of Interplay (do they even exist any more?)...

It really sucks that some of the most unique games are probably never going to have a chance of gettn ga sequel no matter how popular or good they were.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

1. No One Lives Forever 3. I cannot begin to describe the glee I would have if it were officially announced by Monolith one day. The only thing that could beat this would be Cyan Worlds announcing they decided to pick up the Myst series again and make more games for it, but Myst is done *sniff, sob*, so NOLF3 will reign supreme. While NOLF is not my utmost favorite game series, it's damn close, and I've just been wanting another one for so long now. Oh, how I would feel forsaken if Monolith decided to never touch the NOLF series again.

2. Dawn of War 2 - Seeing as how PC Gamer gave a dead giveaway hint that they would be the medium for a DoW2 announcement in a secret exclusive, it's just a matter of (very little) time before we see this one announced. I'm stoked about this game. Dawn of War... the best RTS franchise in the history of the universe. Can't wait.

3. Jedi Knight 3 - Dark Forces = kickass, Jedi Knight = kickass, Jedi Knight 2 = kickass. One can only conclude that Jedi Knight 3 would also = kickass. Dark Forces/Jedi Knight is the *best thing* to ever happen to the Star Wars fictional universe, period. It would be pretty tragic if they didn't do such an awesome series the justice of another game.

4. Half-Life 3 - Valve has already said in the past that HL3 will be done someday, but they of course have never announced its production or development. I'd be as excited as just about anyone else here to see yet another glorious addition to the Half-Life saga.

5. The Elder Scrolls V - Loved Oblivion (a lot), so I look eagerly forward to another game in the series.

6. Diablo 3 - Didn't care for Diablo, but loved Diablo 2. I would really like to see Blizzard do this after Starcraft 2. They've just gotta.

7. New Crusader game - Rumor is that Project RedLime, said to be an addition to an old franchise whose rights belong to EA, may be another Crusader game. It'd be interesting to see how they would do a modern interpretation of it, and I really hope this will indeed be what RedLime is announced to be.

artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 artur79

Mfsa: They're making an Oddworld-movie? Yay! Me = happy. I always loved their cutscenes. The production value of those movies were exceptional in Munch's Odyssey, still is.

JP: Yeah, to be honest, I'd rather see a Nolf 3 than a Project Origin. I thought about mentioning Jedi Knight 3 too. I did not like Academy at all, it lacked the quality and charm of the older games. I could not even finish it, finished Outcast 3 times...

Why Elder scrolls six, though?

Hector_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Hector_01
Member since 2006 • 227 Posts

Splinter Cell 4 (to me double agent was not a proper sequel and it sucked as well).

I want Hideo Kojima to make a full on total conversion MGS game for the pc!!!!!!!!! If he would just realise that he could do everything he wanted with the quality he wanted on a pc. No space constraints and raw power constraints on the humble pc. (note crysis took this similar logic with its awsome engine).

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mracoon
Member since 2008 • 967 Posts

I'm gonna go with:

Max Payne 3 (thinks it's been announced and is in devlopment)

Portal 2 (also been announce, but not officially)

Sim City 5 (got to happen)

Monkey Island 5 (I know it'll never happen)

and Civilisation 5 (definately happen eventually)

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JP_Russell

JP: Yeah, to be honest, I'd rather see a Nolf 3 than a Project Origin. I thought about mentioning Jedi Knight 3 too. I did not like Academy at all, it lacked the quality and charm of the older games. I could not even finish it, finished Outcast 3 times...

Why Elder scrolls six, though?

artur79

Woops, sorry about that, meant V. I'll edit it.

I'd prefer NOLF3 over Project Origin as well, but I do like the FEAR series a lot, so I'm okay with PO. I just hope Monolith hasn't decided they're just done with NOLF and doesn't have plans to make another one someday. That would really suck.

I liked Jedi Academy just fine (9.5 fine). Almost as good as JK2 for me, but I did kind of feel the story was disappointing in that your ultimate foe was not nearly as ominous as one would think (an ancient, super-powerful sith lord, yet there was never a feeling of dread about him and his servants like there was with Desann or Jerec, no feeling of glorious triumph in defeating him). Also, while I liked being able to choose my force powers when I wanted, I just personally liked having them chosen in a scripted fashion as in JK2 a little more. Still, all the awesome new lightsaber capabilities and force powers and acrobatics and enemies and varied gameplay made it a very worthy JK game for me. A lot of people seem to be under the impression that it was JK3, though, and I think it was meant to be taken more as a standalone expansion or offshoot.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Homeworld 3
Aliens vs Predator 3
A new Warhammer 40K FPS from a developer with plenty of experience in the genre.
Dawn of War 2
Company of Heroes Eastern Front Expansion
BladeMaster84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BladeMaster84
Member since 2008 • 533 Posts

The Elder Scrolls 5- I'd like to see something like a next-gen Daggerfall or Morrowind. The High Rock and Morrowind provinces were always my favorite and it would be fun to return to them after the events of the Oblivion Crisis.

Thief 4-Thief games have always been fun, so a 4th would be spectacular.

Warcraft 4- I wish the guys at blizzard would take some time outta working on WoW for this or put the team they have on Starcraft 2 to work on Warcraft 4 when SC2 is done.

TheBigBadGRIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheBigBadGRIM
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts
Aliens vs. Predator 3 !!! No, dont even mention this bull**** new Aliens game coming out. No, not that squad-based, 4-player online, co-op only bulls**t. I'm talking about the REAL sequal to the most exciting game i've ever played online.
Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 Hot_Potato
Member since 2004 • 3422 Posts

Mad Max... wait, it's been confirmed already? My bad ;)

Other than that Battlefield 3 would be a nice one.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
A ReBoot game. After watching the series again (twice) and reliving my childhood... it struck me as extremely odd to why they never made a good ReBoot game that put you into the shoes of the sprites in Mainframe defending the system from games (I always thought it was a genius idea where the characters played as the NPC's instead of the typical role we as gamers play), interacting with characters and just have a general free-roam type adventure game where you can go around the city interacting with it and its characters and just playing the show (but obviously new ideas inspired by the show).

Kind of a fanboy dream of mine but I think it would be a refreshing take on how games are played today, especially when you start playing as characters who are inside of a computer being attacked by game cubes that threaten their very lives.
pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts
Another Thief would be great. Max Payne 3, A Commandos game keeping it like 1 and 2, Grim Fandango 2, Heavy Rain atm PS3 exclusive from the guys behind Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy and SWAT 5. For the moment those for me.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Homeworld 3, Diablo 3, Warcraft 4, Witcher 2, Counter Strike 2
artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 artur79

I liked Jedi Academy just fine (9.5 fine). Almost as good as JK2 for me

*Beats JP with a stick*

Nah, kidding. I guess I hated Jedi Academy because most of the characters were boring, the gameplay did not give me that "Wow!"-feeling I'd experienced with Kyle Katarn, and I'd just played JO which is in my 'top ten FPS games of all time'. Hard to follow up, I guess.

And believe it or not, I actually prefer to start out as a whimp in Star Wars games (JK2, Kotor). It gives me a sence of accomplishment or something. You strive for something and when you finally get your first couple of powers, it's soo sweet to use them, because you feel you earned them. You really see how much more powerful you are with a sabre and force choke instead of a puny blaster. In JA and Kotor 2 you're pretty much a bad-ass Jedi/Sith from the start. I'm sure other people prefer this approach, I don't.

zubrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 zubrick
Member since 2004 • 70 Posts
Dungeon keeper 3
descent 4
gutairoo man 2
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JP_Russell

I liked Jedi Academy just fine (9.5 fine). Almost as good as JK2 for me

*Beats JP with a stick*

Nah, kidding. I guess I hated Jedi Academy because most of the characters were boring, the gameplay did not give me that "Wow!"-feeling I'd experienced with Kyle Katarn, and I'd just played JO which is in my 'top ten FPS games of all time'. Hard to follow up, I guess.

And believe it or not, I actually prefer to start out as a whimp in Star Wars games (JK2, Kotor). It gives me a sence of accomplishment or something. You strive for something and when you finally get your first couple of powers, it's soo sweet to use them, because you feel you earned them. You really see how much more powerful you are with a sabre and force choke instead of a puny blaster. In JA and Kotor 2 you're pretty much a bad-ass Jedi/Sith from the start. I'm sure other people prefer this approach, I don't.

artur79

I don't know that I'd say you were a badass from the beginning in JA, but I know what you mean. That is probably part of what made me like JK2's "leveling up" system better. I guess for me, JA had all the most important qualities that made me like JK2 a lot, plus a few things (new force powers, new lightsabers and attack combos, new acrobatic maneuvers, new enemies, new kinds of gameplay [the train level, the speeder level, the snow level with Tauntauns, etc.]) to almost entirely make up for its shortcomings (less interesting story, less "likable" bad guys, force power system not quite as good).

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts
I have been waiting for a ff7 remake for years. I actually suggested it before evryone decided it was cool to reccomend to remake.
greenblakut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 greenblakut
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

Blood 3

Monkey Island 5

Abe 4- Oddworld game

Interestate 76-2