Finally finished Far Cry 2.... I hate this game....

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
Man I got it free with my vid card and OMG game blew ass i gave up about 20 minutes in.... (19 of which were driving around pointlessly)
historyfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 historyfan91
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

I completely agree. I especially hate the repetativeness of the game.

About half way through i just gave up because i couldnt stand doing the exact same thing over and over again.

iki080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 iki080
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts

i seriously respect you. i cant believe you finished it

NauthiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 NauthiX
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts
As soon as i saw where the malaria thing was going i quit. I was like wtf? the treatment is only temporary???
-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

Strange because, all the things you listed as negatives.. were all things I loved about Farcry 2. I really enjoyed this game for a lot of reasons, mostly the attention to detail because that's what made all the driving and the repitive partsconsistentlyenjoyable. I loved this!

HOMIE_G64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#56 HOMIE_G64
Member since 2005 • 1482 Posts

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]

Well did you play the original Far Cry? Crysis or no Crysis, this is one of the best shooters ever.

NoAssKicker47

Far Cry along with Doom 3 are my favorite shooters from that time.

CryTek, my friend. CryTek. Which brings me to - if you liked Far cry so much then how come you dislike Crysis? The similarities are very noticeable

Like how FarCry had a cloak feature right? Crysis singleplayer was all about the cloak. It consisted of cloak-move-uncloak-wait-repeat. The AI was completely horrible, yet they are able to hit you with pin-point precision from a mile away. They also can take a lot more hits than you despite the fact that it is you wearing the nanosuit, not them. That being said, the developers pretty much just screamed at you to use the cloaking method and bore yourself to death, lest you face cheap deaths at the hands of helicopters and god-mode NKs. Far Cry 1 was much better than Crysis, and I too doubt that FarCry 2 would have been any better in the hands of Crytek.
metaltoiletry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 metaltoiletry
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts

At least in Far Cry 2, you're able to make the game interesting/entertaining, unlike the first one, god, that was one boring as **** game. Not to mention the horrible sound effects. I will never understand why people praise Crytek so much. Sure their games are pretty for their time, but smart AI? Wtf...? Really?

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#58 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

My favorite part of the game was having to whip out that socket wrench and fixing your vehicle everytime you get in a firefight which is basically every 60-90 seconds. Man, that was epic! Also having malaria and having to scrounge around for drugs. Great fun.

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#59 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

Far Cry along with Doom 3 are my favorite shooters from that time.

HOMIE_G64

CryTek, my friend. CryTek. Which brings me to - if you liked Far cry so much then how come you dislike Crysis? The similarities are very noticeable

Like how FarCry had a cloak feature right? Crysis singleplayer was all about the cloak. It consisted of cloak-move-uncloak-wait-repeat. The AI was completely horrible, yet they are able to hit you with pin-point precision from a mile away. They also can take a lot more hits than you despite the fact that it is you wearing the nanosuit, not them. That being said, the developers pretty much just screamed at you to use the cloaking method and bore yourself to death, lest you face cheap deaths at the hands of helicopters and god-mode NKs. Far Cry 1 was much better than Crysis, and I too doubt that FarCry 2 would have been any better in the hands of Crytek.

No, my firend, that's what YOU made Crysis be about. I don't about you, but I've never run into enemies taking unnatural amounts of damage in Crysis, and I managed to get through the entire game with minimal use of the cloak. And FarCry also had that cheap chopper death in many places, and had some inhumanly accurate enemies, which is something that I also didn't run into very much in Crysis, and I played it on the second hardest difficulty setting.

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#60 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts

I like driving.

Baranga
Lol. I actually found it fun to drive too, it's just nice to see the African environment. Even if you do it over and over again. I think its because I kind of like boring games, the graphics on the X360 version were just, wow.
Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
I'm surprised you got that far. I couldn't stand it a couple hours in and when I found out that you have malaria the whole time, well, that was enough.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

I like driving.

Chiddaling

Lol. I actually found it fun to drive too, it's just nice to see the African environment. Even if you do it over and over again. I think its because I kind of like boring games, the graphics on the X360 version were just, wow.

Yeah, they totally nailed the African theme. I especially like driving at the desert's edge at sunrise, it's epic.

LOL at people that say malaria breaks the game. Oh noes, I have to press a key every 40 minutes:| I actually like it when it kicks in during combat.

Repairing vehicles isn't that bad at all, especially once you buy the upgrades.

Far Cry 2's problem is that it tries to be a pure shooter, so those RPG-like elements seem half-assed. Sometimes it feels like a poor man's Stalker. Hopefully they learned their lesson, it's impossible to make an open-world old school FPS.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

onky thing I hated was the long driving omg I just stop playing after u get the pills for malaria

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
[QUOTE="Baranga"]

I like driving.

Chiddaling

hmm me too i mean it wasnt like gta iv.....:)
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 dakan45

[QUOTE="Chiddaling"][QUOTE="Baranga"]

I like driving.

Baranga

Yeah, they totally nailed the African theme. I especially like driving at the desert's edge at sunrise, it's epic.

LOL at people that say malaria breaks the game. Oh noes, I have to press a key every 40 minutes:| I actually like it when it kicks in during combat.

Repairing vehicles isn't that bad at all, especially once you buy the upgrades.

Far Cry 2's problem is that it tries to be a pure shooter, so those RPG-like elements seem half-assed. Sometimes it feels like a poor man's Stalker. Hopefully they learned their lesson, it's impossible to make an open-world old school FPS.

yeah but at least they tried, unlike stalker.... "gentleman, we gonna remove the vehicles and some big maps and make small maps that work like tunnels that get you to the next level, no worldmap" Now alan wake ditched the worldmap too..... borderlands anyone? and its not rpg, mostly id say complete diffirent weapon handlings, in stalker all weapons are improved versions, you dont need the old ones since you got more accurate and more powerfull, but in far cry 2, you lose something, eg accuratcy and you get firepower, the g3 is best fired in full auto, the ak47 in small bursts and the fn fall in semi auto.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts

The stupid thing about the malaria was that, like every other mission in this game, the malaria quests are all identical... drive to some remote house that is being assaulted by several bad guys, shoot bad guys, walk inside house, give passports to citizens and get some magic insta-suppressant malaria pills. Repeat ad nauseum. Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to think that filling the game with identical missions would make it fun?

edit: like I said, I only got half way and uninstalled

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
I love how people take their time to finish and game and say they HATE it... News flash: if u hate it...don't play it...
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I love how people take their time to finish and game and say they HATE it... News flash: if u hate it...don't play it...

If its there you may aswell finish it, you dont stand to lose anything if you have the free time with nothing else to play.
Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

Strange because, all the things you listed as negatives.. were all things I loved about Farcry 2. I really enjoyed this game for a lot of reasons, mostly the attention to detail because that's what made all the driving and the repitive partsconsistentlyenjoyable. I loved this!

-Origin-

I completely agree - I'm playing it now. I'm about half way through, and I'm loving this game.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#70 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

iki080

He finished it just to prove how bad the game is.... I respect that too.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#71 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I love how people take their time to finish and game and say they HATE it... News flash: if u hate it...don't play it...

Because the other side of the coin is "You only played 10minutes of it, you can't say the game is bad."
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
yep, I have to agree as well with most of those points. I've tried several times in finishing it, always losing interest. I think I'm about 2/3 rd's done, but I just can't seem to bring myself to it. It's just not a good game.
nightharvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 nightharvest
Member since 2005 • 1782 Posts
Haven't even started it yet. But geez, what a slating.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I love how people take their time to finish and game and say they HATE it... News flash: if u hate it...don't play it...

Because the other side of the coin is "You only played 10minutes of it, you can't say the game is bad."

No...not 10 min, I play for at least an hour....or even a bit more in other games, but if the game is bad...why play the WHOLE thing through.... Maybe it's just me, I have time restraints so I need to be picky with what I play....
danb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75 danb0
Member since 2004 • 445 Posts

The stupid thing about the malaria was that, like every other mission in this game, the malaria quests are all identical... drive to some remote house that is being assaulted by several bad guys, shoot bad guys, walk inside house, give passports to citizens and get some magic insta-suppressant malaria pills. Repeat ad nauseum. Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to think that filling the game with identical missions would make it fun?

edit: like I said, I only got half way and uninstalled

F1_2004
I know, such wasted potential there. They could have used that whole aspect of the game to build on the story and your empathy for the citizens. The ending would have sucked a whole lot less. I was actually expecting the Underground to be a 3rd faction in the game and this was a major letdown.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

NoAssKicker47

Something to do with System Wars.

[spoiler] He's a console fanboy, and like the rest of them he will hate the PC and its games for any and all reasons, most of which are not rational. [/spoiler]

Murd3r3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Murd3r3r
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

I'm Suffering from having only one mission , whether side ones or primary ones , at the time ...

when I read previews they wrote that there are normal people in the game who have no interest in killing u ... but az I play every body I see want to kill me without a second thought ... why is that ?

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 dakan45

[QUOTE="iki080"]

Dogswithguns

He finished it just to prove how bad the game is.... I respect that too.

iv finished far worse games than far cry 2, games filled with bugs and crap like gothic series and i still want that time back.
attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts

I think the biggest tragedy of FC2 was that it had so much potential. With better gameplay design, it could have been one of those "Top 5 Best Games Evar!" type titles. It really captured the African environment well. But I guess that's like saying with a Ferrari engine, my Ford Fiesta would be a better car.

Instead, FC2 was average at best. Oh well.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts
Most of the complaints I'm readin seem to be coming from people who can't figure out all the mechanics of the game. If you think it's repetitive - you're doing something wrong. This is no more repetitive than any other FPS. Are there a few that are better ? - Yes - but only a few - Half Life series and Bioshock are the only two I can think that top it. It's certainly a lot better than Halo.
miladesn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 miladesn2
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts
Ubi Montreal has outdone themselves with this game, I couldn't imagine how a game could be more repetitive than AC, Ubi proved me wrong.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 dakan45

Ubi Montreal has outdone themselves with this game, I couldn't imagine how a game could be more repetitive than AC, Ubi proved me wrong.miladesn2
and you proved yourself wrong, far cry 2 is not more repettive than AC nothing is as repettive as ac, far cry 2 is the least repettive game i ever seen, the least but still repettive.