Finally finished Far Cry 2.... I hate this game....

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 1076751
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts

In the end this game is really just full of fails... It took me 30 or so hours to complete, about 50-60% of the time is used for pointless driving and wasting time to get malaria medicine.

Things I loved:

1. The environment
2. Attacking a base in any way I prefer.
3. The clever use of fire & wind direction
4. the best explosion effect I've ever seen.

Things I hated:

1. Long ass driving, it gets really really boring because you have to do this all the time.
2. stupid AI, this really ruined the game
3. random guard post, patrols. driving long distance is annoying already, stopping frequently to deal with stupid AI is frustrating.
4. Malaria sickness, this is 110% fail. it does nothing but waste your time, kill the fun and force you to drive MORE so you can get medicine.
5. same mission over and over again. drive, kill something and then drive again.
6. one of the worst video game ending I've seen in years.

Please don't get this game, it's way too repetitive & all the driving will make you go nuts.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Agree with every point on here, had fun weapons and a lot of potential but awful design
NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

CryTek should handle Far Cry games.

SovietGRU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SovietGRU
Member since 2009 • 143 Posts

I did not like it much either, but I did not even beat the game. I could not force myself to play it more than the hour or so I put into it.

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

NoAssKicker47

Nope then they would be as bad as Crysis. I liked Far Cry 2 more then Crysis.

takeiteazy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 takeiteazy3
Member since 2008 • 743 Posts

Can't say you were not warned :P

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26695951&msg_id=307652983#307652983

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NoAssKicker47

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]

nVidiaGaMer

Well did you play the original Far Cry? Crysis or no Crysis, this is one of the best shooters ever.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I like driving.

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nVidiaGaMer

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]

NoAssKicker47

Well did you play the original Far Cry? Crysis or no Crysis, this is one of the best shooters ever.

Far Cry along with Doom 3 are my favorite shooters from that time.

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NoAssKicker47

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

nVidiaGaMer

CryTek, my friend. CryTek. Which brings me to - if you liked Far cry so much then how come you dislike Crysis? The similarities are very noticeable

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

holy hell, you actually had the will to finish the game?

my god, i uninstalled after a week

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nVidiaGaMer

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]

NoAssKicker47

CryTek, my friend. CryTek. Which brings me to - if you liked Far cry so much then how come you dislike Crysis? The similarities are very noticeable

Thats the problem its too similar. Like I said before Crysis is Far Cry with better graphics. When Doom 4 comes out if its the same or very similar as Doom 3 but with better graphics I won't like it either.

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NoAssKicker47

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

nVidiaGaMer

Thats the problem its too similar. Like I said before Crysis is Far Cry with better graphics. When Doom 4 comes out if its the same or very similar as Doom 3 but with better graphics I won't like it either.

Alright, I think that's better put. So you didn't like it because it was very similar to Far Cry. That doesn't mean it's a bad game
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts

Props to you for finishing the game. I barely got through the boredom of the first half of the game. Then, as soon as I completed some mission and realized that there's an entire second map with the exact same things I had to do in the first, I immediately uninstalled. Good to know the ending was crap, at least I cut my losses.

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts
I finished it, and I thought the game was a letdown, not terrible. I Guess that's where all the hates coming from
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#16 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
At least you finished it brother! I didn't even have the courage to buy the game! Say, how long was the campaign?! Maybe there's still time for BL to get his road rage going!!
pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts

At least you finished it brother! I didn't even have the courage to buy the game! Say, how long was the campaign?! Maybe there's still time for BL to get his road rage going!!biggest_loser

I managed to finish it last night, It's easily the biggest disappointment I've experienced recently. There was so much potential for this game to be good, It baffles me completely how Ubisoft could be so lazy with the mission design, having to drive half way across the map to the same locations to do the same mission except that you're killing different people each time is ridiculous. It wouldn't have been hard to get creative with the mission objectives either, but It seems Ubisoft now has repetition down to fine art. I'm definately not buying anymore Ubisoft junk.

I'f you're going to get it BL, I'd wait till it hits at least $20 AUD or under. Anything above that and it'll most likely feel like a huge waste of money.

timma25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 timma25
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts

The game is really long (for an fps) and totally open ended but like he said... over half the time is driving or fighting miscellenious checkpoints... Some of the missions can be like literally 5-10 mins of driving and checkpoints only to use 1 well placed shot to complete it.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Far Cry 2 on Infamous is a totally different game, try it...Just be aware of the enemies that have eyes on their backs...
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

REforever101
Yeah, I paid $50 for the game and almost every month I try and finish it again. Pretty much anytime I empty a clip from a mp5 into someone and he stands back up, I uninstall in rage. The unrealistic damage system is really what ruined it for me. They could have greatly reduced the respawn time of guard outposts too.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Guide To Make Far Cry 2 Fun

------------

1. Watch Blood Diamond

2. Grind for diamonds before the game becomes repetitive

3. Use your diamonds mainly for new weapons and those quick vehicle repair upgrades

4. Use different weapons for each mission

5. Don't plan any mission, the randomness of the combat is wonderful

6. ???

7. Profit

duxter1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#22 duxter1
Member since 2008 • 409 Posts

i really liked fc2 and the only bad parts were driving and a poor story, the multiplayer has also gotten better since the release

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#23 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

In the end this game is really just full of fails... It took me 30 or so hours to complete, about 50-60% of the time is used for pointless driving and wasting time to get malaria medicine.

Things I loved:

1. The environment

Things I hated:

1. Long ass driving, it gets really really boring because you have to do this all the time.
3. random guard post, patrols. driving long distance is annoying already, stopping frequently to deal with stupid AI is frustrating.
4. Malaria sickness, this is 110% fail. it does nothing but waste your time, kill the fun and force you to drive MORE so you can get medicine.
5. same mission over and over again. drive, kill something and then drive again.

Please don't get this game, it's way too repetitive & all the driving will make you go nuts.

Thanks for the update, I'm really glad I didn't waste my time and continue to play just to see if it gets any better. I figured the rest of it sucked.

Muxika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Muxika
Member since 2009 • 107 Posts

Far Cry 2 on Infamous is a totally different game, try it...Just be aware of the enemies that have eyes on their backs... rmfd341

I can agree that there are some issues with the game, but I still liked it. I also still play it on Infamous difficulty. It really offers a challenge.

Some things that made FC2 more fun for me:

• Playing sneeky
  • Diamond-hunting
  • Mastering different weapons (IED's, mortars, etc)
  • Driving AROUND checkpoints and AWAY from vehicle patrols
  • Using bus routes (makes things much, much easier)
SgtMoreless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SgtMoreless
Member since 2009 • 311 Posts

First time the game made me go to sleep i quit and uninstalled.

Who the hell wants to sleep when they are playing a god dam video game!!! I want to blow **** up!

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
It was so damn boring, nothing changed all the way through, absolutely nothing. Just the same enemys in the same bad locations, boring as hell, dont know how anyone could enjoy such repititive garbage.
mattpunkgd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mattpunkgd
Member since 2007 • 2198 Posts
I only played that game because it came free with my video card.... and it was the only game I had at the time. I only played it a few times.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#28 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]

nVidiaGaMer

I am totally lost for words. Far Cry 2 is better than Crysis?
zitazeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zitazeon
Member since 2004 • 31 Posts

The only way I could beat this game was by getting **** up on pain pills, that was the only way I could endure playing it lolz.

TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts

I tried it out, couldnt stand it for more than an hour. the controls felt weird for some reason too.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
Wow, FC2 hate makes a return! Very funny.
rben21232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rben21232
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

hahahaha, I just play the game when I get bored. Do a few missions, make a few explosions, then I move onto something else....I'll finish the game eventually lol

AcronymnsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AcronymnsFTW
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts
[QUOTE="REforever101"]

It get's a little more exciting towards the end of the game.
nicksonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nicksonman
Member since 2009 • 1221 Posts

That's the main reason I got sick of it and gave up.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10511 Posts

couldnt get more than a few hours in to it, despite going back and trying again several times. just one big frustrating mess of a game

jernas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 jernas
Member since 2005 • 1514 Posts

Yeah the game isn't much but atleast the graphics are great. I finished the game just because of the graphics, lol.

Anthony01355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Anthony01355
Member since 2006 • 1486 Posts

Farcry 2 was one of the worst games I ever bought. I think the last game I hated this much was Yogi Bear for the SNES.

I'm surprised you actually finished it. I got to about 55% in the game before I had to call it quits.

Guide To Make Far Cry 2 Fun

------------

1. Watch Blood Diamond

2. Grind for diamonds before the game becomes repetitive

3. Use your diamonds mainly for new weapons and those quick vehicle repair upgrades

4. Use different weapons for each mission

5. Don't plan any mission, the randomness of the combat is wonderful

6. ???

7. Profit

Baranga

lol

spy2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 spy2828
Member since 2008 • 656 Posts

Driving, driving, driving...

That's why we have racing games

Perhampus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Perhampus
Member since 2008 • 231 Posts

Hmm.. I really don't know I didn't think the game was so bad actually I mean for one thing game was on highest setting with AA etc etc all that mumbo jumbo on a widescreen without any hiccups or lags so the graphics and gameplay blew me away.

I thought the AI was okay I mean its pretty smart, for exampleI would run behind a car for cover to heal up (that part was really cool like when you got shot in your foot he had to pry the bullet out and then apply a needle etc etc its close to reality of course at the same time its not because the pain of prying out anything from your foot is way too great and ive been around to feel that pain : /) everyone would start shooting on me and not just instantly run up to me like in COD4 where it was like the AI's had 0 brain and would just run up to a certain death. And then without them realizing I would slip out from behind the car to a flanking position all the while since they didn't see me leave my spot of cover they would continue firing on the car until 2-3 brave mercaneries went to check up to find i wasn't there and would frantically look around to see me wave a RPG to them and boom! I mean you can't beat that AI its pretty much true ofc you have to play this game calmly and smart like irl.

Besides in COD4 the stupidst thing was when they couldn't see me at all and i would go behind them every single person in the building would suddenly turn 180 degrees and shoot at me I mean really in that base of action with that much bullet and debre flying around you wouldnt hear boots on mud or marble or watever etc etc.

anyways someone suggested watching blood diamond which is indeed awesome, i watched it right before starting the game and it makes the feel of it much more amazing, yea the respawns and outposts were too too much but while driving its normal to come against 2-3 of them especailly when driving long distances. And oh if you didn;t want to drive their were buses in the game which made stuff a whole lot efficient. But i liked the driving factor especailly outrunning mercaneries. I thought malaria while a pain in the ass was clever i mean these stuff can happen and it just makes it more realistic, because i think the WHOLE idea of far cry 2 is to bring a very very realistic experince to gamers around the world.

The plot was a bit scattered but there was some very nice and meaningful missions. Like corrupt governments especially in south africa, the betrayal of a son to his own father these are all very real.

If you guys can understand my point and if you aren't so trigger happy, nerd-rage people you could have given time to enjoy this .. 'different' kind of game its really not that bad at all :)

Thanks

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Things I loved:

1. The environment

Things I hated:

I like the exactly the same things but:

1) you think thats long driving? Play boiling point it forces you to drive from the first town that is located to the left side of the map, to the second town thats located to right side of the map, atleast in far cry 2 the vehicles are really fast and too easy to handle, unlike boiling point.

2) Far cry 2 has the best ai i eve seem, if you make noise theu split up and flak you and finally suround you.

If you get in a vehicle the ai chases you and try to ram you of the road, now pick a fps that you v seen that before?

I shot somene with a sniper rilfe and every one was looking for me.... "where is he?" unlike crysis that by the moment i killed the first soldier his buddy had already shot me from miles away with a cheap ak74 knock off.....right, nice ai crysis.

I shot someone a few times and i thought i killed him but he crawled inside a building and pull he pistol out as he was bleeding out....WOW

I got up a tower and start killing enemies, one of them got under the tower but he did not come up so i can kill him, after a while i killed everyonr and i turned around to climb down and guess who was behind me? thats right the mercenary i left alive under the tower, wow he tried to flank me, amazing ai.

3) that pissed me too in the beggining but later i realize 2 things, if they didnt use it then drving will be like boiling poin extremely long and no combat also it reminded me many times in SoC that i wanted to find an enemy to kill with my new rilfe and i couldnt find ayone than few cheap armed bandits, so at that point i said, hey its a fps, atleast far cry 2 lets you have fun anytime.

Ohh you can use the rivers if you dont want much combat, especially in the second map.

Ohh id call the ai agressive not frustrating, they dont do anything weird that confuses you, they are fast, and thaks to the accurate weapons you can be too, the whole idea of the game is to use diffirent weapons and unload the in dull auto , not innacuracy and headshots.

4) true but it didnt annoy me so much, maybe because in real life i require medcine too

5) exactly the same thing happens in gta iv, go in there, take cover and shoot.......OR go there chase him with a vehicle and shoot..... honestly i didnt find it that repettive far cry 2 could have been much more repettive like assasins creed, atleast you got diffirent briefing and it takes place in diffirent areas, i mean id like it to be more repettive and take place in the areas you already did a mission just so i can replay in that area.

6) havent completed it yet.

Also let me short out the weapons idea:

There are accurate weapons like the g3ka4 that are weak but dont loose recoil, also there are weapon like ak 47 that require small bursts to be used succesfully, every weapon in the game is diffirent unlike most fps out there that the only diffirence is firepower and accuracy, so buy selecting diffirent weapons in diffirent slots you get diffirent gameplay ****

Well ask me that game was ok the first 15 hours, then it start to lose its point but everytime you thought that you play another "drive and kill em all" mission something cool always happend, like the way things turn out in act2, nice plot twist.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dakan45
[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]

chandu83

I am totally lost for words. Far Cry 2 is better than Crysis?

same here
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dakan45
At least you finished it brother! I didn't even have the courage to buy the game! Say, how long was the campaign?! Maybe there's still time for BL to get his road rage going!!biggest_loser
am 25 hours now so i think it will be done in 30.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dakan45

[QUOTE="REforever101"]

Swiftstrike5

Yeah, I paid $50 for the game and almost every month I try and finish it again. Pretty much anytime I empty a clip from a mp5 into someone and he stands back up, I uninstall in rage. The unrealistic damage system is really what ruined it for me. They could have greatly reduced the respawn time of guard outposts too.

psst its a diffirent game ubisoft made clear that they will make diffirent weapons that will be used diffirently, besides whats this fuzz about the pistols in far cry 2 are more powerfull than he ones on stalker :lol:

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46509 Posts

When I arrived in the second area of the game I just couldn't take it anymore: the repetitiveness, the respawning outposts, malaria, AI, clipped widescreen ... . Besides the beautiful landscapes and the beginning part this game was absolutly terrible. One of the worst games I played this gen (but that can also be due to the fact I was pretty hyped for this).

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dakan45

When I arrived in the second area of the game I just couldn't take it anymore: the repetitiveness, the respawning outposts, malaria, AI, clipped widescreen ... . Besides the beautiful landscapes and the beginning part this game was absolutly terrible. One of the worst games I played this gen (but that can also be due to the fact I was pretty hyped for this).

R4gn4r0k
ok but didnt you like the plot twist in the begining in act 2? compared with assasins creed and the new prince of persia that didnt have any changes it continue to be the exact same thing, at least in far cry 2 those parts impress me.
Krayzie_3334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Krayzie_3334
Member since 2006 • 1303 Posts

I got the Game Free and even I felt I got Jipped...:?
(Came free with Video card, Love the Card though.)

I uninstalled it the same day I played it, I dunno maybe I didn't give it enough time or something I was just Bored out of my mind with the game.

-

So, Congrats to TC! :P

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]

nVidiaGaMer

Haha..

Good one.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dakan45

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]

Velocitas8

Haha..

Good one.

hehe so am i :lol:
*Tempsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 *Tempsa
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I agree. I did finish the game, but I was really disappointed with it.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46509 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

dakan45

ok but didnt you like the plot twist in the begining in act 2? compared with assasins creed and the new prince of persia that didnt have any changes it continue to be the exact same thing, at least in far cry 2 those parts impress me.

The story was ok i guess. It was good at times but the whole 'civil war going on'-thing got pretty unbelievable when you don't see any actual fighting between the two groups. They just co-exist in peace :s.