Fans have spoken - CS 1.6 is still better than GO and Source

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

4 days after the release, and the good old Counter-Strike 1.6 has surpassed the number of gamers playing the brand new Counter-Strike Global Offensive. So what happened here? Why are gamers playing a 12 year old game instead of the brand new shiny one? Simple.

PC gamers DEMAND a competitive, balanced game with tight controls. They want better recoil physics. They want simple, but competitive environments. They don't care about more realistic player models. They don't care about paper rustling in wind and other particle effects distracting them from the action. They just want a balls-to-the-wall hardcore gaming experience, and Valve has once again failed to deliver.

One has to beg the question: If it wasn't for the modding community, where would Valve be today?

GriffinBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GriffinBalls
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Why would you care, you can play CS any version on pretty crappy hardware. I thought you only played uber l33t games that need your amazing pc with all your watercooling and what not
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

One has to beg the question: If it wasn't for the modding community, where would Valve be today?

SKaREO

Rolling in money, from their hit games like Half Life 2, Portal, and Left 4 Dead? Rolling in even more from Steam?

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

Doesn't really matter, CS:GO is still great, and just launched. Granted the game is anticipated, you must realize the community still has a very significant amount of growing to do as far as community goes.

Any game, even the most anticipated, will not reach its higher playerbase within 4 days, unless the game is beyond horrible.

I prefer GO. though I have never played the source one, I have played the other on xbox, and pc.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

I suppose that for fans nothing will ever be better than 1.6. They've grown accustomed to it, not worth for them to try a slightly different version of the same game.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lach0121

I suppose that for fans nothing will ever be better than 1.6. They've grown accustomed to it, not worth for them to try a slightly different version of the same game.

Masculus

I would have to say that is a contributing factor, not the only reason of course, but to not acknowledge that as a factor is just ridiculous.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
It probably doesn't hurt that 1.6 can be run on a toaster, is incredibly cheap, and has also had 12 years for people to buy it...
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lach0121

It probably doesn't hurt that 1.6 can be run on a toaster, is incredibly cheap, and has also had 12 years for people to buy it...General_X

Don't let facts get in the way of the OP. lol

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

The community nees to grow first, the game only just came out, and theres been people playing 1.6 for years they arnt going to let go so easly or even think about buying GO. No matter how much better a new CS game or skilled it is, they are always going to stick with 1.6.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Suprise, the same fanbase that has been playing 1.6 still likes 1.6 more.

There is a reason Valve doesn't listen to them.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
WRONG! The game is popular all over the world in internet gaming cafe's with low end or dated hardware and buying a prettier version isn't viable for them. I was in Croatia and Bosnia last year and ran into literally dozens of Internet cafes in the same city playing this game. I'm more than certain that 30% or more of those gamer's playing right now aren't at home and or are just can't afford to go and get a game that essentially just a updated version of what they are playing already. One cafe I ran into is Bihac(Bosnia) had 20-30 PC's playing the game and the GPU's ranged from MX440 to ATI 1950 PRO's with old Athlon X64 and Pentium 4's. There's no logic in looking at the numbers of people playing and basing your understanding of something when you refuse to explore all reasons as to why the number is that number.
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Suprise, the same fanbase that has been playing 1.6 still likes 1.6 more.

There is a reason Valve doesn't listen to them.

Wasdie
Same reason why Valve doesn't know what to do with HL3... Expectations! that are ridiculous and borderline contradictory.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Global Offensive will past up 1.6 in terms of players any day now.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#14 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Within a week GO will gain alot more players just watch

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]

the_bi99man

Rolling in money, from their hit games like Half Life 2, Portal, and Left 4 Dead? Rolling in even more from Steam?

Wrong, without relying on mods Valve only ever made the HL games. I like CS GO, but not as much as I did in the beta, gameplay changed drastically with that, probably, massive patch that I got close to release and it needs a lot of patches, it has some inexcusable bugs and glitches, for a game under a company like Valve, even if Valve themselves didn't develop.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Well id imagine the release of go has also sparked people to get back on 1.6 and source as ell but in the end CSGO is gonna prevail imo. Its gonna pick up the diehard + bring in new people to CS who have never tried it before. Your not gonna get new players to go and play 1.6 you just arent. Also diehard gamers always do this. Its the same thing with the fighting game community. SF4 comes out and is a great game but some people refuse to play it and still play third strike claiming its better. The real issue is that some people put so much time into one game that they refuse to move on regardless of weather the newer game is better or not.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]

DanielDust

Wrong, without relying on mods Valve only ever made the HL games. I like CS GO, but not as much as I did in the beta, gameplay changed drastically with that, probably, massive patch that I got close to release and it needs a lot of patches, it has some inexcusable bugs and glitches, for a game under a company like Valve, even if Valve themselves didn't develop.

I'm on the opposite side of the fence DanielDust. I was in the beta for 3 months or so and I probably put in a good 60 hours or so into the game before launch. Having said that, the game had a lot of issues earlier on in beta that made it nigh unplayable for me. It wasn't even until the most recent patches that they even addressed some huge issues the beta had, so to say the most recent patches ruined it is madness to me. Hell, it wasn't even until the most recent patches could the score board display more than 10 players. And the graphics have been noticeably improved as well.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
i duno why ppl are so hard on cs go it's p gud it doesn't play much like the other cs games so i wouldn't really compare it to it i still don't know how to use any of the guns except the pistols, smgs and snipers
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KHAndAnime
Also give it up with the 'recoil physics' bullshlock. Shooting guns in 1.6 feels like poop compared to Source and particularly compared to Counter-Strike : GO. The gunplay has never felt more fluid or responsive. I've said it before and I'll say it again - 1.6 isn't even the ideal version of the original Counter-Strike. It doesn't even resemble the beta or retail product that the gamers fell in love with in the first place. Give it up already.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Of course the people playing CS1.6 are still playing CS1.6. They're just like the people still playing UT2K4 and Quake III Arena. They got good at that one game and refuse to move on to a game that is the least bit unfamiliar because they can't tolerate not having an intimate knowledge of a game's trivial nuances and glitches/exploits (which, ironically, these so-called "hardcore pros" believe are legitimate gameplay tactics). More importantly, they can't stand having to go back to being an average player instead of someone who can play a game on autopilot and still land at the top of the leaderboard. Their excuse for not migrating to the newest game in the franchise (or any other game for that matter) is that it's "not hardcore enough".

The people playing CS1.6 will play CS1.6 for as long as there are still servers up for it. They will never migrate to a new game until then, and when they finally do they'll **** and moan the entire time, assuming they even go back to gaming after their favorite (only) game becomes unplayable.

tl;dr - CS1.6 players are autistic.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KHAndAnime

Of course the people playing CS1.6 are still playing CS1.6. They're just like the people still playing UT2K4 and Quake III Arena. They got good at that one game and refuse to move on to a game that is the least bit unfamiliar because they can't tolerate not having an intimate knowledge of a game's trivial nuances and glitches/exploits (which, ironically, these so-called "hardcore pros" believe are legitimate gameplay tactics). More importantly, they can't stand having to go back to being an average player instead of someone who can play a game on autopilot and still land at the top of the leaderboard. Their excuse for not migrating to the newest game in the franchise (or any other game for that matter) is that it's "not hardcore enough". The people playing CS1.6 will play CS1.6 for as long as there are still servers up for it. They will never migrate to a new game until then, and when they finally do they'll bltch and moan the entire time, assuming they even go back to gaming after their favorite (only) game becomes unplayable. Put another way, CS1.6 players are autistic.

gameguy6700
^ Couldn't have said it better myself. Source nor GO in any way have lowered the 'skill ceiling', so to speak. The playing field is as level as it has ever been. People still playing 1.6 are downright stubborn. There was a point where I found 1.6 better than CS:S, but CS:S has been out for a really long time already and its initial glaring issues have already been fixed.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Of course the people playing CS1.6 are still playing CS1.6. They're just like the people still playing UT2K4 and Quake III Arena. They got good at that one game and refuse to move on to a game that is the least bit unfamiliar because they can't tolerate not having an intimate knowledge of a game's trivial nuances and glitches/exploits (which, ironically, these so-called "hardcore pros" believe are legitimate gameplay tactics). More importantly, they can't stand having to go back to being an average player instead of someone who can play a game on autopilot and still land at the top of the leaderboard. Their excuse for not migrating to the newest game in the franchise (or any other game for that matter) is that it's "not hardcore enough".

The people playing CS1.6 will play CS1.6 for as long as there are still servers up for it. They will never migrate to a new game until then, and when they finally do they'll **** and moan the entire time, assuming they even go back to gaming after their favorite (only) game becomes unplayable.

tl;dr - CS1.6 players are autistic.

gameguy6700

That's not a good analogy, UT 2k4 & Quake III are the pinnacle of arena shooters, they probably stick with it because it's simply better than any other arena shooter. And beside that, 2k4's player base is abysmally low compared to the more pure UT '99.

Or they just like playing something that they are more comfortable, and knowledgeable with. Nothing wrong with that. You don't need a excuse or a care to justify yourself to keep playing a game. I never understood this hate from CSS players towards the purists that prefer 1.6. Not that you prefer that version, i'm talking in general. And it wouldn't be in the top for such a long time with only the veterans playing.

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

Anyone good at the game already knew this.

CS GO was horrid and beta and is horrible now at release.

CS Source was a joke during beta and SO bad on release. It got better during the years but NO where near 1.6. Then the orangebox update destroyed the game for good.

CS 1.6 is a flawless game. The most balanced and polished FPS to date.

CS GO is for kids who are terrible at 1.6 and want even prettier graphics.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

1.6 is for the mouth breathing neckbeards who refuse to live in a year past 1997. Of course they won't move on, they dated and married their game and any change scares them. They'd have to learn new tactics and gunplay :roll:

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jakes456

1.6 is for the mouth breathing neckbeards who refuse to live in a year past 1997. Of course they won't move on, they dated and married their game and any change scares them. They'd have to learn new tactics and gunplay :roll:

wis3boi

fail troll is fail. CS came out in 1999.

CS GO and CS Source are way easier than 1.6. I can spray and get random headshots. Pistols and rifles are a both in joke games. I can spray 2 inches away from my enemy and get a headshot.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KHAndAnime

CS Source was a joke during beta and SO bad on release. It got better during the years but NO where near 1.6. Then the orangebox update destroyed the game for good.

jakes456
How can you play continue to play 1.6 when the gunplay is so stiff and bad? Shooting an AK is all 'chug chug chug' and the bullets spray independently of where the recoil leads the gun. The hitboxes are noticeably a little whack too. The penetration system is abysmal as well. You can shoot through 3-ft thick concrete with any rifle. get a new comp and get the better CS
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

jakes456

CS GO and CS Source are way easier than 1.6. I can spray and get random headshots. Pistols and rifles are a both in joke games. I can spray 2 inches away from my enemy and get a headshot.

irony. you troll every thread on this form...get a goddamn life

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

jakes456

:lol: Spraying in 1.6 is way easier than spraying in CS:GO. In 1.6 the recoil patterns are predictable and ineffective at stopping spraying. CS: Source is pretty easy to spray in too. Spraying in CS:Go gets you nowhere. You want to play a few rounds Jakes?
jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jakes456

[QUOTE="jakes456"]

KHAndAnime

How can you play continue to play 1.6 when the gunplay is so stiff and bad? Shooting an AK is all 'chug chug chug' and the bullets spray independently of where the recoil leads the gun. The hitboxes are noticeably a little whack too. The penetration system is abysmal as well. You can shoot through 3-ft thick concrete with any rifle. get a new comp and get the better CS

lol @ you clueless player.

1.6 you actually have to aim and be on your target. Source and GO you can hold down the trigger and kill 90% of the team.

The deagle is a perfect example in GO and Source where you can mash mouse 1 and get easy kills. In 1.6 you actually have to aim to get 1 deags.

I have no doubt you play in GO and Source pubs go 20 and 10 and take screenshots. Probably play modded servers to LOL.

Emraldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Emraldo
Member since 2004 • 1959 Posts

Counterpoint: I've never bought or owned 1.6 or CS:S, and I don't plan on it. However, I might end up buying CS:GO because it's modern, looks fun and my friends are playing it. So from Valve's standpoint, win.

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jakes456

Counterpoint: I've never bought or owned 1.6 or CS:S, and I don't plan on it. However, I might end up buying CS:GO because it's modern, looks fun and my friends are playing it. So from Valve's standpoint, win.

Emraldo

If you have never played CS and all you care about graphics then why wouldn't you get CS GO? People who claim GO or Source is better have been playing for 5 years tops. 1.6 is the superior games. Takes skill to play it.

Speaking of graphics go looks terrible for 2012. Not to mention the gun models and player models are disgusting. lol fail game.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

KHAndAnime

I'm on the opposite side of the fence DanielDust. I was in the beta for 3 months or so and I probably put in a good 60 hours or so into the game before launch. Having said that, the game had a lot of issues earlier on in beta that made it nigh unplayable for me. It wasn't even until the most recent patches that they even addressed some huge issues the beta had, so to say the most recent patches ruined it is madness to me. Hell, it wasn't even until the most recent patches could the score board display more than 10 players. And the graphics have been noticeably improved as well.

Well for me it was flawless in beta, it was a L4D that didn't have any major problems, but after that major patch it's somewhere in between L4D and CS, it lost some of its fluidity and went a little towards stiffness, it wasn't as stiff in the beta.

I'm enjoying it, but it still needs a lot of work and graphics are more than fine, but my problem is an apparently unique one, it randomly triggers the internal PC speaker (the one that makes various sounds for hardware issues), my hardware has no problem, nothing overheats, it only happens in CS GO and it isn't a specific code it just makes continuous noise that lasts from 5 seconds to 15 or even more today, it doesn't go away for more than 7 seconds, it's unbearable and I'm not going to remove the internal speaker for a random game glitch just to be able to play.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Also give it up with the 'recoil physics' bullshlock. Shooting guns in 1.6 feels like poop compared to Source and particularly compared to Counter-Strike : GO. The gunplay has never felt more fluid or responsive. I've said it before and I'll say it again - 1.6 isn't even the ideal version of the original Counter-Strike. It doesn't even resemble the beta or retail product that the gamers fell in love with in the first place. Give it up already.KHAndAnime

I agree. I played the hell out of CS from beta 1 up until about 1.0 and maybe a little bit thereafter, and I don't find anything likeable about 1.6 anymore. I've tried going back to it a few times, but it never lasts more than a couple games.

CS:GO is pretty fun so far..., just need to get used to the new recoil system.

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
So is it worth purchasing GO right now? Will the CSS community die after GO's release?
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="jakes456"]

jakes456

1.6 you actually have to aim and be on your target. Source and GO you can hold down the trigger and kill 90% of the team.

The deagle is a perfect example in GO and Source where you can mash mouse 1 and get easy kills. In 1.6 you actually have to aim to get 1 deags.

I have no doubt you play in GO and Source pubs go 20 and 10 and take screenshots. Probably play modded servers to LOL.

Dog, I've played Counter-Strike since you were in your diapers, give it up. If CS:GO is so easy, take me on. We can play some 1.6 too if you're dissatisfied with the outcome.

EDIT: And does 15-2 count for anything? I'm playing right now...

(I'm 1337Hitler)[spoiler]

1 [/spoiler]

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#38 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

1.6 is honestly just old, and I don't get the appeal when Valve doesn't care about it, and when Source and GO offer improved polish and balancing.

Like ok, nostalgia is cool, but that doesn't make it better. If OP's logic is "more players = better", then Modern Warfare 3 must be the best game ever made.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
So is it worth purchasing GO right now? Will the CSS community die after GO's release? NerubianWeaver
Source is going to die except for maybe hardcore believers (lunatics). Counter-Strike GO is still going to be more popular than Source, better than any COD4 clones, and well worth the money.
jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jakes456

[QUOTE="jakes456"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] How can you play continue to play 1.6 when the gunplay is so stiff and bad? Shooting an AK is all 'chug chug chug' and the bullets spray independently of where the recoil leads the gun. The hitboxes are noticeably a little whack too. The penetration system is abysmal as well. You can shoot through 3-ft thick concrete with any rifle. get a new comp and get the better CSKHAndAnime

Dog, I've played Counter-Strike since you were in your diapers, give it up. If CS:GO is so easy, take me on. We can play some 1.6 too if you're dissatisfied with the outcome.

1 [/spoiler]

facepalm you just proved my point. 15-2 in a pub lol you're terrible.

I have been playing cs since beta 1 and leagues since 2002, who are you?

you are terrible at the game. Stick to MMOs.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="jakes456"]

jakes456

1 [/spoiler]

You have no screenshots so as far as I'm concerned you can't even go 10-2 in a pub in CS:GO.
jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jakes456

[QUOTE="jakes456"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] Dog, I've played Counter-Strike since you were in your diapers, give it up. If CS:GO is so easy, take me on. We can play some 1.6 too if you're dissatisfied with the outcome.

1 [/spoiler]

KHAndAnime

You have no screenshots so as far as I'm concerned you can't even go 10-2 in a pub in CS:GO.

mad? you proved my point.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="jakes456"]

jakes456

mad? you proved my point.

I'm not mad at all. In fact I always have a laugh at trolls who don't have any game.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I can see why people hate CS GO, it has bad recoil which btw can be anticipated the more you play and it also has bad hit detection which is the only major downside I have with the game. Overall though I love CS GO cause it reminds me of my first days playing 1.6 and overtime I believe the community will get bigger and bigger.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
you could've given them CS 1.6, exactly like the original in terms of mechanics, but with updated visuals, and they'd stick to the original.
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
i've played 1.6 and source + I love GO infact instead of posting on these fourms right now im going to go play it. It's only because the 1.6 players won't accept change but, to each their own.
SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#47 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I have never been able to fathom the desire of some people to stay attached to a single game for such a long period of time. To base your self-worth on being amazing at a game no one other than some real diehards and people with crappy PCs have cared about for at least 5 years. We get it, you hate change and are awesome at a 12 year old game. Normal people move on once things become stale. This nonsense about a 12 year old game being better than anything else out is just stubbornness and unwillingness to learn something new because then they might not be as good and able to lord their l33t skills over everyone else. CS:S is better than 1.6 and in a few months when they get all the bugs and issues worked out GO will be better still. I mean FFS I could only take WoW for about 4-5 years before I was completely burned out and jaded.

These ridiculous arguments are nothing more than the diehards grasping at straws just to feel relevant. All I can say is thank goodness Valve didn't let the troglodites design this game and actually tried to improve on the formula.

r4v3gl0ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#49 r4v3gl0ry
Member since 2006 • 1285 Posts

1.6 is great, so it's sad to see that it's become almost harmful to some player's expectations. It certainly feels smoother in the area of movement, and there are fewer distractions (which are often said to be objects in CS:GO and their physics, plus a handful of weapon changes and recoil), but I really don't see a point to keeping the same pure style of gameplay anymore.

I've played competitively in other games (not CS games which I've played on and off since 2002 as a 10-year-old) and I understand the pro gaming community's desire to play at a more basic level without the use of unbalanced weapons and other things. Barebone HUDs, low graphical settings, all of that good stuff. But what's key here is responsiveness, and I feel that CS:GO is plenty responsive. I'm having a much easier time matriculating into this game than I did going from 1.6 to CS:S.

It isn't a ruined sprayfest and it isn't so different that it doesn't deserve the "CS" part of its title. A perfect example of what doesn't make sense in a title that should have evolved from previous CS games over the past decade is the old AK + M4 rule. I can't fool myself anymore--it doesn't make sense to keep most of the other weapon choices useless for 4 CS iterations in a row.

1.6 may be "better" for people who want a pure, player skill-dependent game. I just don't see why people fear all the new and unpredictable factors in CS:GO. Having more to worry about besides an enemy player's aim can be fun and exciting (say hello to new tactics with incendiary grenades, everyone!), and it does not automatically mean that CS has become the worst spray-, nade-, or whatever else-fest since [insert name of modern fps here]. There is only a moderate amount of random headshots and random spray kills in CS:GO, and in time, that may even be improved...but don't waste your time by waiting for patches that'll remove all of the new elements. Won't happen.

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jakes456

I have never been able to fathom the desire of some people to stay attached to a single game for such a long period of time. To base your self-worth on being amazing at a game no one other than some real diehards and people with crappy PCs have cared about for at least 5 years. We get it, you hate change and are awesome at a 12 year old game. Normal people move on once things become stale. This nonsense about a 12 year old game being better than anything else out is just stubbornness and unwillingness to learn something new because then they might not be as good and able to lord their l33t skills over everyone else. CS:S is better than 1.6 and in a few months when they get all the bugs and issues worked out GO will be better still. I mean FFS I could only take WoW for about 4-5 years before I was completely burned out and jaded.

These ridiculous arguments are nothing more than the diehards grasping at straws just to feel relevant. All I can say is thank goodness Valve didn't let the troglodites design this game and actually tried to improve on the formula.

SerOlmy

you are clueless. Both GO and Source are a joke skillwise compared to 1.6. Any 1.6 player who is good can come to these games and destroy.

1.6 is the most balanced and polished FPS to date. It is pretty much perfection which is why it is so popular around the world and still an esport.

CSS is not better than 1.6. You are terrible and I would mow you down on both games with ease.