• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts
[QUOTE="06m1r3m86"][QUOTE="Erlkoenig"]

I don't think it works like that. You and the enemy don't take turn. You queue up a list of your moves, they have a list of their own. At each pulse, you and the enemy do the next move in the stack and wait for the next pulse. Each action cost the same, and there is no stat that determines the order in which characters act.

Erlkoenig

Ok, first of all, what do you mean there is no stat that determies the order in which the characters act, have you played the game? In combat all of the characters on your team, attack at the same time (as long as they are attacking one character) then they stand there and take whatever the other dishes out. Watch the game and see that have the time when you attack with a more powerful attack you will see a "miss" flash above your target's head, that was a saving throw, and an invisable dice roll. The only compromise to KotOR being completely and 100% turn based is that it doesn't wait for you to choose an action if it comes to your turn and you haven't chosen anything, it chooses a default basic attack. All of this goes to the fact that this is a console game that has as much complexity as a PC RPG, just done in a way that only those people who know what they are doing can take advantage of the system.

It appears that I was wrong.

Regardless, the KOTOR combat isn't what TB combat is about. I call it real time combat with a TB twist.

Oh the combat in KOTOR sucked. Compared to Bioware's AD&D RPG's it was dumbed down. Anyways I always think of the diffrence between the two systems being BG2 and ToEE.

Malavok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Malavok
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Luckily for everone, Fallout 3 is going to be a FP RPG
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
I absolutely LOVED fallout 1 and 2...I am VERY anxious to play what Bethesda has been working on for the past years. And I loved Daggerfall, morrowind, and oblivion.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#104 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58408 Posts
so long as the charm of the original is present, I will be content no matter what the gameplay is like so long as its good.
fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts

come, bothers, let us sit and join hands and pray togerher - pray that the lord will send a giant meteor filled with space spiders directly to the bethesda officers, and those few who survive the meteor blast will be eaten alive or be made into nesting grounds for the space spiders

amen

A-S_FM

I agree with this guy. Space spiders. Definitely space spiders.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
why do people bump year old threads?
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts

Luckily for everone, Fallout 3 is going to be a FP RPGMalavok

What the hell? This thread was ****ing dead

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

why do people bump year old threads?JangoWuzHere
I guess they really wanted to tell us that we are lucky about it being a first person shooter for some strange reason. :?

bedram793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#109 bedram793
Member since 2006 • 1741 Posts
I'm hoping this is good, but I have my doubts. Multi platform games usually aren't too good. Usually though. There are exceptions.
thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#110 thenewau25
Member since 2007 • 2058 Posts

Because it's Bethesda, you know it's going to be a real time First person RPG like Oblivion......Johnny_Rock

they look to the past and use stuff from the previous games its gonna be fine

Alaris83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Alaris83
Member since 2004 • 1620 Posts
It's like a time capsule......FOR WORDS!
TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts

I'm hoping this is good, but I have my doubts. Multi platform games usually aren't too good. Usually though. There are exceptions.bedram793

Multiplatform games are fine, theres alot more of them and sometimes they were just made to make a quick buck, but dont throw them all in the same category.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

It's like a time capsule......FOR WORDS!Alaris83

I bury this Sandwhich Pic for generations to come!!!

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
[QUOTE="A-S_FM"]

come, bothers, let us sit and join hands and pray togerher - pray that the lord will send a giant meteor filled with space spiders directly to the bethesda officers, and those few who survive the meteor blast will be eaten alive or be made into nesting grounds for the space spiders

amen

fatshodan

There's nothing like a classic Space Spider attack.

Avatar image for vampire96_blood
vampire96_blood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 vampire96_blood
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Bethesda screwed up by simply doing the unthinkable, edited the original skills First Aid & Doctor's skill now joined into Medicine Traps & Throwing now simply Explosives And deleted two skills, the Outdoorsman and the Gambling skill Over all Fallout 3 is a good game, when your not talking about the Fallout saga made by Interplay & Black Isle. But for me, t I think Fallout 3 will be my last Bethesda Product unless they CHANGE THEY'RE WAYS
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#116 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Bethesda screwed up by simply doing the unthinkable, edited the original skills First Aid & Doctor's skill now joined into Medicine Traps & Throwing now simply Explosives And deleted two skills, the Outdoorsman and the Gambling skill Over all Fallout 3 is a good game, when your not talking about the Fallout saga made by Interplay & Black Isle. But for me, t I think Fallout 3 will be my last Bethesda Product unless they CHANGE THEY'RE WAYSvampire96_blood

Are you kidding? Fallout 3 was ******* amazing! Definitely the best game of 2008.

Avatar image for i-shud-b-workin
i-shud-b-workin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 i-shud-b-workin
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
yea fallout 3 was the best. i cant if i like this better than oblivion though .. . hmmm .. . what if they were fused together. . . think of the posibilities:o i rekon they could have done a transport sytem of some sort beside fast travel. maybe they shoud have done bycicles of maybe you could ride brahmmin or other mutant type animals. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . .. . intriguing.
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#118 Hellboard
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
[QUOTE="A-S_FM"]

amen

fatshodan

i hope that happens to 2k with space monkeys, maybe that inspire them to make an ss3
Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts
i cant wait it looks amazing!
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts