Epic single player games that anyone should not miss in his lifetime?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kopogero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kopogero
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts
My example: CIvilization 5, NBA2K13, Skyrim, Crysis 1+2, Dead Space 1 (I'll add more later) All these games above are very exceptional experiences for me and offer memories that I'll gladly treasure.
jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

hl1 but too dated to play.

metro 2033 is the only 'epic' game of the last few years.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

- Gothic2

- KOTOR2

- Wizardry series

- Ultima series

- Baldurs Gate

- Arx Fatalis

- Divine Divinity

- Warcraft2

- Dune2

- Crysis 1

- Stalker series (also check out METRO)

- ARMA/ARMA2/DAYZ

- Anno series

- Half Life 1/2

- Police Quest series

- Ghost Recon 1

- Old Rainbow Six games

- Warcraft2

- Oregon Trail

- Deus Ex

- Planscape Torment

- Icewind Dale

And you are right about NBA2k13! Its fantastic! Probably my faovrite sports game of hte last 10-15 years. The MY PLAYER mdoe is just amazing, it could be nominated for RPG of the year with all the roleplaying in that mode.

Out of the newer released games?? The Walking Dead, Borderlands2, DayZ and FTL Id have to say.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I am a massive fan of PC gaming, yet I don't have many answers for this, which is depressing :(.

Portal 2 is about all I got for PC games. In terms of 9.5 - 10 epic singleplayer experiences.

Technically RE4 is on PC as well, but it is a terrible port.

Then there is Diablo 2 which I don't consider a singleplayer experiences, but you could I guess.

I wish there was more epic stories I felt so strongly about on PC.

giovannimcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 giovannimcc
Member since 2011 • 132 Posts

deus ex

walking dead

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Warcraft 3 + Expansion Starcraft + Brood War Half Life1/2 Kotor Deus Ex Batman Arkham series Fallout Portal Doom Rise of the Triad Syndicate
SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#7 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

These are my picks for the greatest SP games:

• Half Life 1- Probably the greatest FPS ever made. Innovation, frenetic gunplay, survival, intelligent AI, longevity, fun weapons are just a couple of things that make this game so amazing
  • Legacy of Kain (series) - Not so amazing for it's gameplay, but has (IMO) the best storyline ever to grace gaming. The writing, the voice acting, the setting, the world and the atmosphere are all brilliant.
  • Resident Evil 4 - Best in the series. Gripping campaign and simply incredible replay value.
  • Divine Divinity - The most immersive RPG I've played. Huge world, sublime exploration, great music and a superb variation of quests.
  • Warcraft 3 - Best RTS campaign and my favourite video game lore. Epic is the best word to describe it.
  • Prince ofPersia (trilogy) - Pehaps my most entertaining action adventure series.
  • Diablo 1 - My favourite ARPG, and the "descent to hell" atmosphere is probably the best ever.

These are just some that I can remember atm.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
  • World in Conflict
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl
  • Bioshock 1
  • The Witcher
  • Half-life 2 + episodes
  • Crysis 1 + Warhead
  • Back to the Future the Game
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Deus ex
  • Mirrors Edge
  • Diablo 1
  • Portal 2
mrmarrero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrmarrero
Member since 2007 • 343 Posts

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Fallout: New Vegas

Fallout 3

Fallout

Neverwinter Nights

Fallout 2

Mass Effect

The Witcher

Planescape: Torment

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Neverwinter Nights 2

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Dragon Age: Origins

Wasteland

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaveedLife

I really wish PC got more adventure games like Zelda and so on. To be fair, not many systems get those kind of games this gen as is. Beyond Good or Evil so far is not very satisfying :(.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SovietsUnited

I really wish PC got more adventure games like Zelda and so on. To be fair, not many systems get those kind of games this gen as is. Beyond Good or Evil so far is not very satisfying :(.

NaveedLife

Try Soul Reaver 1-2, it's like a Tomb Raider-esque Zelda, both released for the PC and the strongest point is the story.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

jakes456

It's only "too dated" for whiny graphic whore kiddies.

To the Op:

Ultima 7 was one of the first. I know the Ultima series has already been mentioned but 7 specifically deserves special note. Besides the fact that it's actually 2-4 games depending on how you look at it (two full titles plus one add-on pack for each game), it was one of the most technically demanding games of its time. Back in the AppleIIe days there were actually a handful of games that offered Skyrim-like complexity but with extremly simplistic, tile based graphics. Ultima 7 was a game that offered this level of complexity but with full VGA 640x480 graphics (impressive at the time). NPCs had lives, homes, places they worked, eat, etc as opposed to the Diablo-style NPCs who are nailed the floor and do nothing but dispense quests.

The original Deus Ex. Obiously.

The Last Express. This is a game by Jordan Mechner (Prince of Persia) that was release back in 94. It was a massive commercial flop, costing over 5-6 million dollars to make. Not a big deal today, but in 1994 that made this the most expensive game made to date. Also if you adjust for inflation that's more like 8-9 million today.

The game is a film noir murder mystery adventure game that takes place on the Orient Express in the last days of World War I. It's a Myst-style recreation of the actual train and uses rotoscoped hand drawn animation for the actors. What's really interesting about this game is it takes place IN REAL TIME over 3 days. With the exception of when your character is unconsious, time moves forward at a 1:1 ratio to real time. Characters have their own motivations and schedules and will move from car to car, have discussions, etc (although your actions can and will change what the characters do). The game was very highly reviewed but unfortunately it did not sell well. I'm not saying that a real time 3 day train ride is necessarily a thrill a minute but this is a truly unique game that you should at least check out.

-Byshop

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

SovietsUnited

Try Soul Reaver 1-2, it's like a Tomb Raider-esque Zelda, both released for the PC and the strongest point is the story.

Is it open world like Zelda? Is there exploration and towns or no? I feel like any game today that has exploration and such does it on such a massive scale the world doesn't feel hand crafted and beautiful in every inch of the space. I miss worlds like most Zelda games (minus TP and SS) :(.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="jakes456"]

Byshop

It's only "too dated" for whiny graphic whore kiddies.

Not that this applies to everyone, but my brother tried to play it and he actually got sick trying. He wants me to play it sometime while he watches so he can witness it :P. He gets motion sick and such more easy than I do though. I have only gotten motion sick from a game once, and that was Mirrors Edge in a very cramped inside area with a lot of turning.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
Too many to list but here are a few games I've played "recently" that have stuck in my mind: Just Cause 2(that scale), Red Faction 3: Guerrilla(that space a-hole), Postal 2(that murder scene), Metro 2033(that atmosphere), Solar 2(that pacing), Toki Tori(that innocence), Magicka(those spell combos), Trine 2(that goofy + art direction), Max Payne 2(that level design), Bastion(that narration), Psychonauts(that game design), Batman: Arkham City(that brawling), E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy(that deep RPFPS), Dear Esther(that journey), etc. but just through these you'd get a good flavor of what gaming experiences are out there although I'd probably have to list a few dozen games to really give a more accurate flavor.
SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SovietsUnited

[QUOTE="SovietsUnited"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Is it open world like Zelda? Is there exploration and towns or no? I feel like any game today that has exploration and such does it on such a massive scale the world doesn't feel hand crafted and beautiful in every inch of the space. I miss worlds like most Zelda games (minus TP and SS) :(.

Yes. Both games have open worlds with area unlocked by progression, similar to Zelda. There are no towns or shops (it wouldn't fit the world anyway). Soul Reaver 1 has great exploration and secrets, while Soul Reaver 2 kinda lacks here. This is justified by that fact that Soul Reaver 2 is much more story-heavy than 1, and so it has a much better storyline than the first (which is already amazing, story-wise).

You should look at a couple of gameplay videos, and see if you like the world. Soul Reaver 1 world is very different from Hyrule which is colorful and varied; instead, it depicts the ruined and decaying world of Nosgoth. This is also different in SR 2, which has much more variance in locations.

I would also recommend Tomba 2, but that is on PS1 :(

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts

jakes456

I just had to laugh at this. HL1 is too dated to play says the biggest CS 1.6 advocate on the internet. I would say personally Witcher 2 and Skyrim were epic for me but I am an RPG man.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Mass Effect, the entire trilogy is incredible.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NaveedLife

Mass Effect, the entire trilogy is incredible.V4LENT1NE

Mass Effect 1 and 2 (have not played 3) are both highly addictive and entertaining games, for a reason I am not sure of :P. There are so many flaws and neither of them deserves the praise they get, yet I missed them when I was done.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts
Half Life 2, Bioshock and Mass Effect series come to mind.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Does it have to be pc?

Metro 2033
STALKER call of pripyat

mass effect 2 was p gud

uh pc has no games

multiplats:

Sonic 3 and knuckles
Klonoa 2

Rocket knight adventures
Jet set radio
ocrina of time

yeah i mainly just play pc for mp fps
console exclusives are better for SP

(I am only listing games that have aged well)

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="jakes456"]

IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

I just had to laugh at this. HL1 is too dated to play says the biggest CS 1.6 advocate on the internet. I would say personally Witcher 2 and Skyrim were epic for me but I am an RPG man.

hl1 has not aged well cs 1.6 has aged fine
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JigglyWiggly_

Too many to list but here are a few games I've played "recently" that have stuck in my mind: Just Cause 2(that scale), Red Faction 3: Guerrilla(that space a-hole), Postal 2(that murder scene), Metro 2033(that atmosphere), Solar 2(that pacing), Toki Tori(that innocence), Magicka(those spell combos), Trine 2(that goofy + art direction), Max Payne 2(that level design), Bastion(that narration), Psychonauts(that game design), Batman: Arkham City(that brawling), E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy(that deep RPFPS), Dear Esther(that journey), etc. but just through these you'd get a good flavor of what gaming experiences are out there although I'd probably have to list a few dozen games to really give a more accurate flavor.Zubinen
trine 2 is only good coop

u shud kno dis

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts

[QUOTE="Zubinen"]Too many to list but here are a few games I've played "recently" that have stuck in my mind: Just Cause 2(that scale), Red Faction 3: Guerrilla(that space a-hole), Postal 2(that murder scene), Metro 2033(that atmosphere), Solar 2(that pacing), Toki Tori(that innocence), Magicka(those spell combos), Trine 2(that goofy + art direction), Max Payne 2(that level design), Bastion(that narration), Psychonauts(that game design), Batman: Arkham City(that brawling), E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy(that deep RPFPS), Dear Esther(that journey), etc. but just through these you'd get a good flavor of what gaming experiences are out there although I'd probably have to list a few dozen games to really give a more accurate flavor.JigglyWiggly_

trine 2 is only good coop

u shud kno dis

I played with +lobster Jiggly, emotionally unstable Camarada, and rocket spam Alain, never have I seen a team that works so hard against each other, not un-clutch, but anti-clutch, working against group goals by any means necessary. In retrospect I think I could've beaten the game in less than half the time if I played solo.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

jakes456

Black Mesa Source....

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
  • Deus Ex 1
  • Human Revolution
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Half Life 1 and 2
  • Starcraft 1 + Broodwar
  • Starcraft 2
  • Crysis 1
  • Max Payne series
  • Metro 2033
  • Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
  • Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne
  • Bioshock
  • Dishonored
  • Neverwinter Nights 2 MotB
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • Divine Divinity
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Portal 1 and 2
  • The Witcher
  • The Witcher 2
  • Mass Effect 1
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Homeworld
  • The Walking Dead
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Hitman Blood Money
  • To the Moon
  • Amnesia
  • Gemini Rue
  • Dead Space 1 + 2
  • Civilization IV
  • Icewind Dale
  • Planescape Torment
  • The Saboteur
  • Thief Deadly Shadows
  • Rome: Total War
  • Medieval II: Total War
  • Psychonauts
  • Dawn of War 40k I
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Byshop  Moderator

Baldur's gate has already been mentioned but it should be noted that it just got a re-release for PC with updated graphics and content. It's also been made (or is about to be made) available for iOS and Droid to play on tablets.

-Byshop

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Elann2008

Baldur's gate has already been mentioned but it should be noted that it just got a re-release for PC with updated graphics and content. It's also been made (or is about to be made) available for iOS and Droid to play on tablets.

-Byshop

Byshop
Was the graphics updated? I read that it wasn't. Correct me if I'm wrong. Fixes were made to the UI and things like that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#31 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

Dark Souls

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 funkyzoom
Member since 2005 • 1534 Posts

jakes456

You're bang on target. HL1 is probabaly the best ever single player game ever made. So what if its dated? That shouldn't prevent any person from playing it, unless of course he's a graphics whore. I've beathen the game mor ethan 20 times, and continue to beat it once every few months. Its just too irresistable.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

L.A Noire

Red Dead Redemption

Old Splinter Cell games (til double agent)

Fallout New Vegas

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

And obv all good classic adventure games like Broken sword 1 n 2, monkey island.. etc

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

[QUOTE="Byshop"]

-Byshop

Elann2008

Was the graphics updated? I read that it wasn't. Correct me if I'm wrong. Fixes were made to the UI and things like that.

It's worth getting on the PC if you're not in the mood to mod the original. Also has a zoom feature that is not in the modded version. Wen it's cheaper, and a year from now wen all the bugs have ben fixed, and the modding community gets a strong hold of it, it'll be better.

But if you are in the mood to mod it, you can get BG1+Expansion & BG2+Throne of Baal for the same price as BG1 EE. You can then add the Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod that fixes every bug and enhances everything, also makes all those games into one huge game with continuity. And once you apply the BG1 NPC Project, BG1 will feel just like a portion of BG2.

Unless you dislike 2D games, anyone can get into Infinity Engine games. Infinity Engine games are ageless, Elann. They aren't clunky and they are as playable as anything out there, fluid and enjoyable.

Once you have a higher resolution, they look beautiful, like a painting in motion. If there's one thing no one can complain about, it's the beautiful graphics. The UI is incredibly easy to manage, every button is defined to know what it means, every action takes a sec. with your mouse. The combat is also incredibly easy to get into, you can pause at any second and take your time. The controls are standard mouse/kb, so no problem here.

They are worth playing as much as any RPG, modern or older. Ofcourse with mods for fixed bugs and a higher resolution.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

I'm going to recommend three games:

1. Dragon Age: Origins

I consider this to be one of BioWare's last greatest games. The game is over 80 hours in length, and what makes it so great is that everything you do seems to matter later on. Furthermore, the story is quite engaging, and features some of BioWare's best-written party members (Sten, Oghren, Morrigan).

2. Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl

Yes, it is nearly 5.5 years old at this point, but it is one of those rare games that make you feel so vulnerable to the game's world and environment. Even if you are armed with the best assault rifle and equipped with the best suit, you never know when a blowout or a pack of wild dogs might kill you.

3. Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines

I loved this title because it's one of the few games to do vampires in a modern setting, and do it well. Again, the game's writing and environment combine together to create a very compelling experience - furthermore, modders are still working on adding back content cut during development.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Byshop  Moderator

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Byshop"]

-Byshop

Lucianu

It's worth getting on the PC if you're not in the mood to mod the original. Also has a zoom feature that is not in the modded version. Wen it's cheaper, and a year from now wen all the bugs have ben fixed, and the modding community gets a strong hold of it, it'll be better.

But if you are in the mood to mod it, you can get BG1+Expansion & BG2+Throne of Baal for the same price as BG1 EE. You can then add the Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod that fixes every bug and enhances everything, also makes all those games into one huge game with continuity. And once you apply the BG1 NPC Project, BG1 will feel just like a portion of BG2.

Unless you dislike 2D games, anyone can get into Infinity Engine games. Infinity Engine games are ageless, Elann. They aren't clunky and they are as playable as anything out there, fluid and enjoyable.

Once you have a higher resolution, they look beautiful, like a painting in motion. If there's one thing no one can complain about, it's the beautiful graphics. The UI is incredibly easy to manage, every button is defined to know what it means, every action takes a sec. with your mouse. The combat is also incredibly easy to get into, you can pause at any second and take your time. The controls are standard mouse/kb, so no problem here.

They are worth playing as much as any RPG, modern or older. Ofcourse with mods for fixed bugs and a higher resolution.

Yeah, I don't think they actually replaced any of the art files but they updated it so you don't have to run it in a tiny window.

In general I equate 2d games to pre-cgi movies. Baldur's Gate is like 2001: A Space Odyssey. Dated but still looks good by modern standards and actually ages better than newer, 3d games from that approximate era.

-Byshop

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Byshop  Moderator

3. Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines

I loved this title because it's one of the few games to do vampires in a modern setting, and do it well. Again, the game's writing and environment combine together to create a very compelling experience - furthermore, modders are still working on adding back content cut during development.

The_Capitalist

Yeah, this game was awesome. To be fair, it was actually a really sh!tty game in a lot of ways (broken melee combat, buggy, etc) but the good points about it were so good that I've beaten it like 3 times at least. Not enough RPGs are made in a non-fantasy setting.

-Byshop

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#38 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
hl2 portal 2 stalker soc my top tres :3
Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

Half-Life 2 + Episodes 1 & 2
Skyrim
Oblivion
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Quake 4

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#40 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

Half-Life, Half-Life 2
Max Payne, Max Payne 2, Max Payne 3
No One Lives Forever 2
Far Cry
Crysis
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

jakes456

If you think Half-life is too dated to play, just play Black Mesa. It fixes that problem.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

[QUOTE="jakes456"]

hartsickdiscipl

If you think Half-life is too dated to play, just play Black Mesa. It fixes that problem.

Don't take him seriously, he only plays cs 1.6 and he flames evrything else for having good looking graphics n not being as good as 1.6
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Morrowind. It's an experience that you won't soon forget.

Also, if you haven't played the game or even heard of it, Minecraft can offer up some great player created moments that will stick with you for years to come (that is if you're into the game and that sort of stuff).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Well, Ill just pick games from 2004 and onwards since of all time would be an impossibly long list

Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines

Halflife 2

Dead Space

Sleeping Dogs (the fact that both the criminals and police are painted as likable and dislikable people is pretty nice to have for once)

To the moon

Amnesia: THe dark descent

the STALKER games

Batman Arkham Asylum (you could throw city in here aswell if you wish, I chose not to)

Bioshock

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the earth

Deus Ex: Human revolution (I really REALLY liked this one)

Divinity 2 (if you are a fan of RPG and snide humor)

Dragon Age: Origins

F.E.A.R

Fallout 3 (and NV)

Metro 2033

Neverwinter Nights 2

The Witcher 1 and 2

If you are in a pinch I can also reccoment Singularity, the new X-COM and Saints Row the Third, althought I certainly think they could be missed without too much damage.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

Mass Effect 1,2, and 3

Half-life, HL2 and episodes. If you don't want to deal with the dated graphics of HL1, play the Black Mesa mod that uses the HL2 engine. It's a very faithful remake of the original game and every bit as good.

World in Conflict

FEAR

Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy

Dead Space

Crysis

There are many more, but this is a good start.

KodiakKoolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 KodiakKoolaid
Member since 2012 • 443 Posts
Fallout NV Skyrim HL2 Deus Ex HR Max Payne 1,2,3 Far Cry 3 There are many more but these are my top picks.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Byshop"]

-Byshop

Lucianu

Thank you for that! Although I've already played all the BG games and older games like Icewind Dale. I just wasn't sure how much of a face-lift they've given it. It'll be easier now to recommend it to friends that haven't played it. Thanks again!
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
Startling lack of spacey titles. *Homeworld 1/2 *x3 series : the Fallout of Space Games *Freespace 1/2 *Freelancer *Tachyon the Fringe *Space Ranger 2 : Reboot
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

I am a massive fan of PC gaming, yet I don't have many answers for this, which is depressing :(.

Portal 2 is about all I got for PC games. In terms of 9.5 - 10 epic singleplayer experiences.

Technically RE4 is on PC as well, but it is a terrible port.

Then there is Diablo 2 which I don't consider a singleplayer experiences, but you could I guess.

I wish there was more epic stories I felt so strongly about on PC.

NaveedLife
I'm with this guy.
blurguy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 blurguy6
Member since 2010 • 699 Posts
demons souls and dark souls