Elder Scrolls Online no longer PC exclusive - it just got worse

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Here 

Where I was optimistic about this game, even though I know many were not, I just jumped off the bandwagon. I had high hopes for it being a PC exclusive, now not so much. I would love to go back to the days where a PC was a PC and consoles were consoles. Anyone else hate feeling console in your PC games? I freaking can't stand having to navigate a console UI with my mouse and keyboard. I think this hurts any chance at a MMO community as well. Yes I said it.

carlandcarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 carlandcarl
Member since 2004 • 1251 Posts
Yeah I hate buying a game that I've been excited for and as soon as I see the weird keyboard layout I know it's a bad console port to PC that just feels really wrong. It's a shame for them to go to console as well, as it probably means the PC version will be tailored to consoles as it can't be done the other way around. That being said I do trust Bethesda not to screw this up... so fingers crossed I guess.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vfibsux
[QUOTE="carlandcarl"]Yeah I hate buying a game that I've been excited for and as soon as I see the weird keyboard layout I know it's a bad console port to PC that just feels really wrong. It's a shame for them to go to console as well, as it probably means the PC version will be tailored to consoles as it can't be done the other way around. That being said I do trust Bethesda not to screw this up... so fingers crossed I guess.

You have more faith in them than I do. At least with the offline Elder Scrolls games we still had modding to compensate for the consolization (yea a made up word). With this we are just stuck with what we get. I did read some unconfirmed stuff that the consoles will be on different servers, which would bode well for us.
ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

It's very obviously a f'ing terrible game so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vfibsux

It's very obviously a f'ing terrible game so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

ShimmerMan
Dude that is just trolling bs. No one knows if this game is going to be good or not no matter how omnipotent some of you think you are. Even then it will be up to the individual who plays it to decide for themselves if it is good or not. There are people who think Bioshock Infinite sucked and others who think Big Rigs was the best game ever.
8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
[QUOTE="ShimmerMan"]

vfibsux
Dude that is just trolling bs. No one knows if this game is going to be good or not no matter how omnipotent some of you think you are. Even then it will be up to the individual who plays it to decide for themselves if it is good or not. There are people who think Bioshock Infinite sucked and others who think Big Rigs was the best game ever.

Stop lying to yourself, you gotta have seen the gameplay by now.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
To be honest it's not as if the game was looking that good to begin with.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
Multiplatform lol. Good luck with that game of yours, looks like shit.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Here 

Where I was optimistic about this game, even though I know many were not, I just jumped off the bandwagon. I had high hopes for it being a PC exclusive, now not so much. I would love to go back to the days where a PC was a PC and consoles were consoles. Anyone else hate feeling console in your PC games? I freaking can't stand having to navigate a console UI with my mouse and keyboard. I think this hurts any chance at a MMO community as well. Yes I said it.

vfibsux

The game is being designed for the PC so you shouldn't have to worry about the UI

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="vfibsux"]

Here 

lawlessx

The game is being designed for the PC so you shouldn't have to worry about the UI

Even then, the fact that this MMO is going to be multi-platform will mean that there will be compromises made in either gameplay, graphics, or complexity. I don't see anything positive coming out this announcement for the PC platform.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Why were you optimistic about the game in the first place? You must be quite the idealist to have any high expectations from this project whatsoever. Did you guys just start gaming yesterday? Seriously.... Having said that, I'm glad this game is going multi-platform. I don't believe that PC needs a dominance on a genre that has grown very stale by now. Just about any form of change, whether it be influenced by consoles or not - is a step in the right direction in my opinion. There are certainly some interesting gameplay ideas in the game, it's a shame people rarely look beyond the surface.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vfibsux
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Why were you optimistic about the game in the first place? You must be quite the idealist to have any high expectations from this project whatsoever. Did you guys just start gaming yesterday? Seriously.... Having said that, I'm glad this game is going multi-platform. I don't believe that PC needs a dominance on a genre that has grown very stale by now. Just about any form of change, whether it be influenced by consoles or not - is a step in the right direction in my opinion. There are certainly some interesting gameplay ideas in the game, it's a shame people rarely look beyond the surface.

No **** I did not just start gaming yesterday, while at first the game did not look good to me I have seen plenty lately that I liked. I know you, you are Mr. Sophisticated, all others are just simpletons in your shadow. You know what dude, you have an opinion just like anyone else does....and just like everyone else's it is not right or wrong. So you can pretend you are this deep person that sees what no one else can.......but in the end you are still talking about F'ing games here. Get over yourself.
trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

ShimmerMan

Not quite sure if it looks "f'ing terrible" but I agree that I personally have not been excited about ESO for even 1 minute since I've first heard of it. Every video for it I have seen screamed mediocrity and redundancy at me, from an mmo perspective.

Now that it is multiplat...well I *really* lost interest in it, mainly for the payment model factor. Coming for consoles almost assuredly means B2P right? I guess they could do subs through Sony/Xbox platforms but that just feels awkward. And personally if an mmo isn't sub based I basically don't care, F2P and B2P mmo's in my experience suck and reek of boredom after 2 weeks. 

I'm still on my little Wildstar train! Chooo choooo! (please don't be bad Wildstar, I wanna <3 you so much!)

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="vfibsux"]

Here 

the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Even then, the fact that this MMO is going to be multi-platform will mean that there will be compromises made in either gameplay, graphics, or complexity. I don't see anything positive coming out this announcement for the PC platform.

What compromises? It's releasing on next gen consoles, there will likely be no compromises at all.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Why were you optimistic about the game in the first place? You must be quite the idealist to have any high expectations from this project whatsoever. Did you guys just start gaming yesterday? Seriously.... Having said that, I'm glad this game is going multi-platform. I don't believe that PC needs a dominance on a genre that has grown very stale by now. Just about any form of change, whether it be influenced by consoles or not - is a step in the right direction in my opinion. There are certainly some interesting gameplay ideas in the game, it's a shame people rarely look beyond the surface.vfibsux
No **** I did not just start gaming yesterday, while at first the game did not look good to me I have seen plenty lately that I liked. I know you, you are Mr. Sophisticated, all others are just simpletons in your shadow. You know what dude, you have an opinion just like anyone else does....and just like everyone else's it is not right or wrong. So you can pretend you are this deep person that sees what no one else can.......but in the end you are still talking about F'ing games here. Get over yourself.

Hey, I take my game discussion seriously. I don't see anything that anyone else doesn't see, I just speculate using experience and history. It fascinates me to see people get hyped up for games from non-proven developers, and then whine when they make choices that they don't agree with. Typically, first-time MMORPG projects from non-MMORPG developers don't pan out well. Throw in the fact that this game is heavily banking on and attempting to appeal to fans of single-player RPGs, it's obvious they've got quite the potential disaster in their hands.

Just like most users here, it's just a little tiring seeing PC gamers perpetuate a stereotype (that PC is always better than everything else). MMORPGs aren't inherently better on PC just because we have a million hotkeys at our disposal. If anything, I consider that a huge detractor - because now we have a million games based on the exact same use of hotkeys and not much else - let's try something else for a change. Will the PC platform suffer because of the console release? Sure, a little bit at the very least. I just don't see what makes this news particularly bad. I wasn't expecting a WoW-killer, so it doesn't have to be the best game ever, just an MMORPG from a new team that doesn't quite know it's audience but knows what they want in their game.

Why do people hate the game so much anyways pre-release? What's so redundant about it?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Some people here think Multi-Platform = Bad Game. For Christ's Sake, there are heaps of great titles that are mutliplatforms. Even some MMOs are multi and are good or at least fun to play. I'm no Elder Scrolls Fan but let's wait and see how this pans out first. It's been sent to the butcher without given a chance to show itself.
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

I'm still intrigued. If it's free to play, why not give it a try?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

I'm still intrigued. If it's free to play, why not give it a try?

The_Capitalist
I don't think it will be F2P at the start. Have to wait and see.
Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
lol I was never optimistic. Its the same mistake Bioware made. Millions into TOR and it failed. They should have known fans wanted a real SP experience within that setting. They should have done better by their fans. Now Bethesda is doing the same and what will they do? Invest into Fallout or some other franchise and abandon The Elder Scrolls series for years. You know Bioware doesnt give a damn about KOTOR anymore. Hell they may bastardize every series they have before learning their lesson. Mass Effect Online, Dragon Age Online, etc.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

I never had any interest in this game and now I have even less.

...Even some MMOs are multi and are good or at least fun to play. FelipeInside

Can you name one?  I can't think of a single MMO that's even on a console much less a multi-platform or a good one.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]...Even some MMOs are multi and are good or at least fun to play. -wildflower-

Can you name one?  I can't think of a single MMO that's even on a console much less a multi-platform or a good one.

Well, according to your TASTE there wouldn't be any, but off the top of my head you have DCUO and Defiance. Not awesome 10/10 MMOs but still fun to play in some parts with some strengths in others.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -wildflower-

Well, according to your TASTE there wouldn't be any, but off the top of my head you have DCUO and Defiance. Not awesome 10/10 MMOs but still fun to play in some parts with some strengths in others.FelipeInside

Ahh, I stand corrected.  I had forgotten about DCUO being released for the PS3 and Defiance. I've played both of those games (Defiance recently during the Steam free weekend) and they are both awful - even by modern MMO standards.  I've been saying for a while now that MMORPGs are pretty much dead and moving them to the consoles doesn't fill me with confidence that they'll ever get better.  A streamlined, overly simplified, static theme-park MMORPG holds zero appeal to me. Been there, done that.

But I am sure they'll sell like hotcakes seeing as how most console gamers are young and lack taste.  ;)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Well, according to your TASTE there wouldn't be any, but off the top of my head you have DCUO and Defiance. Not awesome 10/10 MMOs but still fun to play in some parts with some strengths in others.-wildflower-

Ahh, I stand corrected.  I had forgotten about DCUO being released for the PS3 and Defiance. I've played both of those games (Defiance recently during the Steam free weekend) and they are both awful - even by modern MMO standards.  I've been saying for a while now that MMORPGs are pretty much dead and moving them to the consoles doesn't fill me with confidence that they'll ever get better.  A streamlined, overly simplified, static theme-park MMORPG holds zero appeal to me. Been there, done that.

But I am sure they'll sell like hotcakes seeing as how most console gamers are young and lack taste.  ;)

Like I predicted, by YOUR standards they are awful. Like I said, they aren't the best in the genre but not the worst or awful either, they are the standard theme park MMOs. Both are pretty fun when you get into a group though and do some big missions.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -wildflower-

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Well, according to your TASTE there wouldn't be any, but off the top of my head you have DCUO and Defiance. Not awesome 10/10 MMOs but still fun to play in some parts with some strengths in others.FelipeInside

Like I predicted, by YOUR standards they are awful. Like I said, they aren't the best in the genre but not the worst or awful either, they are the standard theme park MMOs. Both are pretty fun when you get into a group though and do some big missions.

Sweet baby jebus, not to sound like your "advid" stalker or anything, but are there any games you don't like?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

-wildflower-

Sweet baby jebus, not to sound like your "advid" stalker or anything, but are there any games you don't like?

Well, actually....I really didn't like DCUO. It started off good (the character creation was great), but then it sunk too much into "Kill X enemies, Collect Reward, Repeat". Some of the group missions were fun, especially the story ones, but I was just expecting more story wise.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Developers for consoles are thinking: "Hey guys! We have new hardware now.. Let's make MMO games on consoles!" You will see more MMOs on consoles now.. or MMO-esque games. No one will ever leave the house now. :P
kerk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kerk12
Member since 2010 • 1580 Posts
It is fine for me as long as they don't play in the same server... :roll:
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

So because it goes multiplat you suddenly lose interest in the game and claim it GOT worse? Oh please, they've been in development long enough I'm sure the PC version will be fine and the PS4/Xbox One will probably be down the road and not released next to its PC counterpart.

Anyways, still interested in the game. Heard bad things about it but it's still in development and no release dates yet (at least not to my knowledge) have been announced so there's still time to change it for good especially if beta goes well and people maybe explain to them problems they are seeing with the game and could suggest to them to go back to previous ideas (I don't know how the beta works here so I'm just assuming it's like any other beta).

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FelipeInside
It is fine for me as long as they don't play in the same server... :roll:kerk12
Confirmed there are 3 separate megaservers (PC, XBOX, PS).
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

A bit of a bummer news. Controls and depth are definitely going to be tailored down to fit mediocre gamepad functionality. UI might too but not likely, they already have the UI in place for PC for years so not much worry there.

The biggest issue is content update and patches. Timed exclusives anyone? We've seen it all too often on previous TES games...

Of course, not forgetting the game will probably be made to be easy as heck and all content solo-able, you know, to cater to console TES fans. Its already quite bad in most new MMOs almost losing its meaning in "multiplayer" but with console crowds joining in, the "I-WANT-MY-REWARDS-NAO!!!!" situation is only going to get worse.

Still interested to see how this goes though so we'll see.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FelipeInside

A bit of a bummer news. Controls and depth are definitely going to be tailored down to fit mediocre gamepad functionality. UI might too but not likely, they already have the UI in place for PC for years so not much worry there.

mirgamer

Haven't all past Elder Scrolls been on consoles too?

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="mirgamer"]

FelipeInside

Well...the three that matter, yeah. :P

I guess since the game was PC only people assume that because of that games instantly get more depth and complex by default but when it hits consoles it suddenly gets dumbed down? What a world we live in where that's a person's assumption.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 vfibsux
[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]...Even some MMOs are multi and are good or at least fun to play. FelipeInside

Well, according to your TASTE there wouldn't be any, but off the top of my head you have DCUO and Defiance. Not awesome 10/10 MMOs but still fun to play in some parts with some strengths in others.

If these are the only ones you can come up with you just confirmed every fear we have about this.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vfibsux

[QUOTE="mirgamer"]

FelipeInside

Yes, but we always had the modding community to make up for it. Have you used the Skyrim default UI?? It sucks, and it sucks specifically because it was made for consoles.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vfibsux

[QUOTE="vfibsux"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Why were you optimistic about the game in the first place? You must be quite the idealist to have any high expectations from this project whatsoever. Did you guys just start gaming yesterday? Seriously.... Having said that, I'm glad this game is going multi-platform. I don't believe that PC needs a dominance on a genre that has grown very stale by now. Just about any form of change, whether it be influenced by consoles or not - is a step in the right direction in my opinion. There are certainly some interesting gameplay ideas in the game, it's a shame people rarely look beyond the surface.KHAndAnime

Hey, I take my game discussion seriously. I don't see anything that anyone else doesn't see, I just speculate using experience and history. It fascinates me to see people get hyped up for games from non-proven developers, and then whine when they make choices that they don't agree with. Typically, first-time MMORPG projects from non-MMORPG developers don't pan out well. Throw in the fact that this game is heavily banking on and attempting to appeal to fans of single-player RPGs, it's obvious they've got quite the potential disaster in their hands.

Just like most users here, it's just a little tiring seeing PC gamers perpetuate a stereotype (that PC is always better than everything else). MMORPGs aren't inherently better on PC just because we have a million hotkeys at our disposal. If anything, I consider that a huge detractor - because now we have a million games based on the exact same use of hotkeys and not much else - let's try something else for a change. Will the PC platform suffer because of the console release? Sure, a little bit at the very least. I just don't see what makes this news particularly bad. I wasn't expecting a WoW-killer, so it doesn't have to be the best game ever, just an MMORPG from a new team that doesn't quite know it's audience but knows what they want in their game.

Why do people hate the game so much anyways pre-release? What's so redundant about it?

I seriously do not care about your opinion enough to read an essay and respond to it all. Brevity.... look it up.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mirgamer

[QUOTE="mirgamer"]

FelipeInside

Except we have mods to fix them. Re-customise them, make it harder/more realistic whatever we feel we need. We won't have that option in ESO. The PC players may turn out to be their lowest priority.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mirgamer

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="mirgamer"]

Goyoshi12

Well...the three that matter, yeah. :P

I guess since the game was PC only people assume that because of that games instantly get more depth and complex by default but when it hits consoles it suddenly gets dumbed down? What a world we live in where that's a person's assumption.

I'm more than happy to be proven wrong by ZoS, honestly but I'm not holding my breath.

Theres nothing to assume, the gamepad's functionality is limited, thats a fact. The mouse/KB combo can do so much more, particularly in an MMO settings. While being overly-complex may not be ideal but obviously the latter allows user to have access to more abilities and skills than the gamepad. Obviously the game's combat, mechanics and encounters will be tailored to fit in with the limitations of the gamepad, its really not that hard to figure out that the difficulty and depth will be directly affected as well.

edit : Still, all of that isn't really the dealbreaker for me. As I highlighted earlier, biggest concern for me if future content updates will be timed exclusives to specific platforms while the PC players had to wait a couple weeks. Its quite a possibility...

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="mirgamer"]

mirgamer

Except we have mods to fix them. Re-customise them, make it harder/more realistic whatever we feel we need. We won't have that option in ESO. The PC players may turn out to be their lowest priority.

So Oblivion and Skyrim were unplayable out of the box cause they didn't have mods? Was Witcher 2 without dept or complexity on the XBOX? I agree its hard to make an mmo as it is, harder if its multiplatform, but like i said before, Elder Scrolls hasn't been a PC exclusive for quite some time. Hopefully they can pull it off...
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

Here 

vfibsux

LOL...it looks to be a pretty average if not horrible game...why are u even concerned???
Have you not seen the gameplay videos of ESO on youtube?? 
Have you not listen to all the people who got the chance to play it...and said it sucks?
It will be a fail...no one will even bother with this game.

No one cares if it comes even on 3DS...no one...

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

[QUOTE="mirgamer"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

So Oblivion and Skyrim were unplayable out of the box cause they didn't have mods? Was Witcher 2 without dept or complexity on the XBOX? I agree its hard to make an mmo as it is, harder if its multiplatform, but like i said before, Elder Scrolls hasn't been a PC exclusive for quite some time. Hopefully they can pull it off...

The Witcher 2 was without complexity on PC also...i dont know what are u trying to imply there...
Oblivion was a pixel mud splash on Xbox...so yes on console it was unplayable...Skyrim was a washed away 3d game on xbox...playable but lackluster and without mods an average open world game.On PS3 for some people it was unplayable right out of th box.
Now...apologize and dont make stupid comments in the future....ok? 

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]

JangoWuzHere

What compromises? It's releasing on next gen consoles, there will likely be no compromises at all.

I can see compromises happening in control schemes, gameplay depth, difficulty of pve content.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Given the fact they were building it with a smaller skill set in mind (like Guild Wars 2) and that the majority of Elder Scrolls fans were on the consoles, I don't see how this is a bad thing for the game. 

It really didn't stand much of a chance as a PC exclusive. 

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

Given the fact they were building it with a smaller skill set in mind (like Guild Wars 2) and that the majority of Elder Scrolls fans were on the consoles, I don't see how this is a bad thing for the game. 

Wasdie

It will pritty sure fail a few months after realise,  you basicaly cant make titanic MMO RPG to be good  with such a simple UI - Interface,... and yet MMO RPG genre isnt something that they should mix with multi platforms,... Why did WoW survived for so long ? Macros , Skills , Items, Trinkets ,... PVE , Raids ,,.. PVP...  same as Rift ( i dont say that Rift is succsesful MMO as WoW) but thing is that 2 MMO's have what MMO world need  Complexity of skills and mix of variations,.. UI and Interface must be main thing in MMO RPG you cant play MMO RPG with small skill set,...  Look at GW2.  Its so casual that many casual players (2 hours per day) quit game soon as they hit lvl 80, no attument slots , not much variety in builds , 2-3 kinds of gear,.... not so much complex PVE (very easy and generic)  PVP sux in 2 thing SPVP  will never be E. Sport  because of their crap focus development,  WvWvW is too much focused on Siege and Zergs...    And TESO going with same steps.  They are hoping to sell at realise game and then to leech it from Subscriptions or Itemshop, depend on their choice of Market.  

In MMO RPG basicaly you cant make  very simple UI - Interface,  i dont know how Console players are gonna use variety of addons,... which is a key of many good MMO's, you cant compare many MMO's with addons installed or without. Second thing how they gonna use Macros,  Voice servers with constant  Microphone's on,.. and things such as... Even how Console players gonna compete against  PC,,... if they are planing on inserting World versus World, will there be enough players on PS or Xbox Mega servers to do such a thing ? I dont know,  Console players arent a type of MMO's... We will see.   Dont mind on my English its my third language.

ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
Not surprised. Didn't have faith this game would succeed at all, as in, be what I wanted. Seeing as how I just want a new single player TES that would also be hard for an MMO.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 vfibsux

[QUOTE="vfibsux"]

Here 

rhazzy

LOL...it looks to be a pretty average if not horrible game...why are u even concerned???
Have you not seen the gameplay videos of ESO on youtube?? 
Have you not listen to all the people who got the chance to play it...and said it sucks?
It will be a fail...no one will even bother with this game.

No one cares if it comes even on 3DS...no one...

And you have rendered your opinion completely irrelevant to me. Thanks for playing.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="mirgamer"] Except we have mods to fix them. Re-customise them, make it harder/more realistic whatever we feel we need. We won't have that option in ESO. The PC players may turn out to be their lowest priority.rhazzy

The Witcher 2 was without complexity on PC also...i dont know what are u trying to imply there...
Oblivion was a pixel mud splash on Xbox...so yes on console it was unplayable...Skyrim was a washed away 3d game on xbox...playable but lackluster and without mods an average open world game.On PS3 for some people it was unplayable right out of th box.
Now...apologize and dont make stupid comments in the future....ok? 

Yeah, I'm sure that on PC the game was unplayable without mods?  Cause I have many friends (both on console and PC) who played it without mods and got hundreds of hours out of it.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Wasdie

it would if it were going to be an sandbox MMO.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
The game looks awful anyway. Its just another generic theme-park MMO to throw on the garbage pile.
Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

It has looked like a terrible game from the start. I have no intention of getting it since the beginning.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#50 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

lawlessx

it would if it were going to be an sandbox MMO.

Just like all of the other major successful sandbox MMOs people are playing right now. Right?