Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

Here is why you shouldnt buy Evolve

watch the vid....

customers need to make a stand at some point.... when a game is marketed as a vector for DLC, rather than being marketed as... you know.... a GAME, we have finally hit the point where the bullshit just needs to stop.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Didn't plan on it. £39.99 + 1 million preorder incentived + plans to spam dlc = get fucked

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I am not really interested in the game anyways, but this is getting pretty bad....

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

Didn't even try the betas, and I don't regret it ... the moment I see the "DLC" thingy I just close whatever store page it is. Used to get fooled with Borderlands and the like, not anymore.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#5 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Not interested in Evolve one bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

After playing L4D2 I was interested in evolve. Gonna buy it on a sale though.

Avatar image for gogoplexiorayo2
Gogoplexiorayo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 Gogoplexiorayo2
Member since 2013 • 189 Posts

I wont buy many games this year. Too many games are focused on multiplayer. Im single player only.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

First time I've heard of this DLC stuff. Most people I've heard from say the game is pretty awesome.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I was really looking forward to Evolve before the DLC thing started seeping in. It's sad because a lot of people I've been talking to have been raving about how fun it is, but I don't wanna give in to that crap.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Just ordered Dying Light any way.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

Not interested in Evolve one bit.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Evolve is a giant display to the public on how not to do DLC

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@cyloninside said:

watch the vid....

customers need to make a stand at some point.... when a game is marketed as a vector for DLC, rather than being marketed as... you know.... a GAME, we have finally hit the point where the bullshit just needs to stop.

WOW, I wasn't interested in this game but now that I watched that I'm even less interested.

The only way all that DLC method they have going on would have worked was if the game was FREE at launch.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I've played the game every single time there's been a beta and loved it. Just recently preordered the PC Monster Race edition. The DLC stuff doesn't bother me.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside

@airshocker said:

I've played the game every single time there's been a beta and loved it. Just recently preordered the PC Monster Race edition. The DLC stuff doesn't bother me.

Yeah but did you watch that video?

We really shouldn't be supporting this kind of practice imo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

Yeah and it doesn't bother me.

The reason why it doesn't bother me is because games like CoD, Madden, NHL, FIFA, and the NBA games release every single year without meaningful improvements to the game.

Yet a company that doesn't plan to do that gets demonized because they plan on supporting their game for years to come through DLC?

I have no problem supporting a company that chooses to go that route as opposed to a yearly release in order to get as much money as possible. Granted, the DLC is a little bit confusing but I don't have to worry about that.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

@airshocker said:

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

The reason why it doesn't bother me is because games like CoD, Madden, NHL, FIFA, and the NBA games release every single year without meaningful improvements to the game.

Yet a company that doesn't plan to do that gets demonized because they plan on supporting their game for years to come through DLC?

I have no problem supporting a company that chooses to go that route as opposed to a yearly release in order to get as much money as possible. Granted, the DLC is a little bit confusing but I don't have to worry about that.

Well depends on the game.

I've probably played every single COD and FIFA version that has come out, and I can clearly tell the differences between each version. Some more than others. Yes, at the core they are basically the same game. COD you shoot people in an arena, FIFA you play football (soccer for the uninitiated). But there are difference underneath that only players that play the game a lot can actually see, and some of those difference actually DO make a difference (again, some more than others).

I don't mind a company supporting their game with DLC, but the way Evolve has gone about it is a bit wrong and too confusing imo. Heck, they were selling the season pass before releasing a single screenshot. That's just bad practice.

Hopefully they fix things a bit, make it easier for the consumer to follow, and release a top notch game.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

Lost any and all interest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

Well depends on the game.

I've probably played every single COD and FIFA version that has come out, and I can clearly tell the differences between each version. Some more than others. Yes, at the core they are basically the same game. COD you shoot people in an arena, FIFA you play football (soccer for the uninitiated). But there are difference underneath that only players that play the game a lot can actually see, and some of those difference actually DO make a difference (again, some more than others).

I don't mind a company supporting their game with DLC, but the way Evolve has gone about it is a bit wrong and too confusing imo. Heck, they were selling the season pass before releasing a single screenshot. That's just bad practice.

Hopefully they fix things a bit, make it easier for the consumer to follow, and release a top notch game.

I disagree.

It doesn't depend on the game when you're dealing with franchises. With the exception of AW every CoD has pretty much been the same as the one before it, with varying degrees of success. Each Madden hasn't really changed significantly since they started coming out on the Xbox 360 and PS3. That's hundreds of dollars throughout each franchise (and that's not counting the DLC that those games pump out). I only need to pay $100 to get everything Evolve will ever offer. Pretty damn good deal.

You mean preorders. The season pass has only been available for a short time. And while it might be bad practice, it's far more palatable than buying a game franchise every year that doesn't meaningfully change.

The game is top notch. You really should have tried to play the beta.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

@airshocker said:

I disagree.

It doesn't depend on the game when you're dealing with franchises. With the exception of AW every CoD has pretty much been the same as the one before it, with varying degrees of success. Each Madden hasn't really changed significantly since they started coming out on the Xbox 360 and PS3. That's hundreds of dollars throughout each franchise (and that's not counting the DLC that those games pump out). I only need to pay $100 to get everything Evolve will ever offer. Pretty damn good deal.

You mean preorders. The season pass has only been available for a short time. And while it might be bad practice, it's far more palatable than buying a game franchise every year that doesn't meaningfully change.

I actually wouldn't mind trying it out. I love shooters and this seems like fun, especially with friends.

Only thing that occurs to me (apart from the DLC practices) is that the game will get boring fast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

I disagree.

I actually wouldn't mind trying it out. I love shooters and this seems like fun, especially with friends.

Only thing that occurs to me (apart from the DLC practices) is that the game will get boring fast.

In my opinion, it will be pretty hard to get bored of this game. Not only do you currently have three sets (12) of hunters that all play very differently, but you have three monsters that play differently as well.

I would play a few games with my friends and then switch and play monster. Due to some bugs in the beta I actually was playing a game with two buddies, and two randoms and kept getting selected as the monster. Quite hilarious listening to your friends scream in panic when you abduct them with the wraith and proceed to eat them.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

Hate to agree with someone SO much but Jim Sterling is just a brilliant man. Doubt anyone knows the game industry as well as he does.

I'm sure Turtle Rock had good intentions. But either they or 2K or both screwed everything up. Yeah, announce preorder DLC before showing a single screenshot; Good plan

Gamers don't want preorder incentives, gamers don't want DLC. What they want is a full game, a finished one that they see the developer has put their EVERYTHING into.

Not even getting this game on a 5 dollar sale now. I'm really not going to bother anymore.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

I wonder why a developer doesn't go down the classic route these days?

Release a full game with no such thing as Day 1 DLC or Season Pass... and announce they will release full expansions down the track.

Gamers would jump on that like hot cakes...

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#25 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

Yeah no way am i buying this. After watching the gameplay videos and seeing this ridiculous DLC scheme I have zero interest. I had my fill of bullet-sponge boss encounters after playing Destiny ~15 hours and reaching max level before I took it back to the rental place. Just not appealing. I would have been happy to buy a new L4D and get 40-60 hours out of it with my buddies, but Evolve just looks like a complete mess. Hell I own both the L4D games so I have access to the beta, but can't be bothered to download it. And I've been pretty bored the last few weeks so that is saying something.

The DLC thing is just insane. The metaphor I have come up with is that Evolve is the HIV of video games. HIV doesn't itself kill you, it just weakens your immune system until you are overwhelmed by secondary infections (DLC). How they have chosen to monetize this is going to fragment the playerbase and eventually kill it off. I see it ending up like Titanfall - dead within 6 months.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@FelipeInside said:

Release a full game with no such thing as Day 1 DLC or Season Pass... and announce they will release full expansions down the track.

There is no day one DLC, unless you consider a different skin for a monster as day one. The behemoth monster won't be in the game day one.

So day one, in the base game, you get the 12 hunters and three monsters.

The future DLC is the exact same thing as having paid expansions, only we now know about them in advance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@SerOlmy said:

Yeah no way am i buying this. After watching the gameplay videos and seeing this ridiculous DLC scheme I have zero interest. I had my fill of bullet-sponge boss encounters after playing Destiny ~15 hours and reaching max level before I took it back to the rental place. Just not appealing. I would have been happy to buy a new L4D and get 40-60 hours out of it with my buddies, but Evolve just looks like a complete mess. Hell I own both the L4D games so I have access to the beta, but can't be bothered to download it. And I've been pretty bored the last few weeks so that is saying something.

The DLC thing is just insane. The metaphor I have come up with is that Evolve is the HIV of video games. HIV doesn't itself kill you, it just weakens your immune system until you are overwhelmed by secondary infections (DLC). How they have chosen to monetize this is going to fragment the playerbase and eventually kill it off. I see it ending up like Titanfall - dead within 6 months.

How can you call something a complete mess without having actually played it...? That makes no sense to me.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

@airshocker said:

@FelipeInside said:

There is no day one DLC, unless you consider a different skin for a monster as day one. The behemoth monster won't be in the game day one.

So day one, in the base game, you get the 12 hunters and three monsters.

The future DLC is the exact same thing as having paid expansions, only we now know about them in advance.

That post wasn't directed at Evolve, just a generalization of games these days.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@FelipeInside said:

I can agree with the criticism towards day one DLC. Nobody likes that and it's BS. Watch_Dogs was a big abuser of this.

But releasing DLC in the future and selling a season pass when a game is first released is the exact same thing as releasing full expansions down the road. The only difference is is that you can choose whether or not to buy the season pass, or buy the expansions separately.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

How is this different from like...any other game released today? I think Advanced Warfare had more pre-order bonuses and DLC than this.

@R4gn4r0k said:

Hate to agree with someone SO much but Jim Sterling is just a brilliant man. Doubt anyone knows the game industry as well as he does.

Eh, he's a bit of a sensationalist moron. Remember that one time he flipped the lid because a game in early access was barely playable? Given that example, he's anything but a smart dude. He's good at making clickbait though.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FelipeInside

@airshocker said:

@FelipeInside said:

I can agree with the criticism towards day one DLC. Nobody likes that and it's BS. Watch_Dogs was a big abuser of this.

But releasing DLC in the future and selling a season pass when a game is first released is the exact same thing as releasing full expansions down the road. The only difference is is that you can choose whether or not to buy the season pass, or buy the expansions separately.

I don't consider them the same.

Take COD for example. A DLC consists of 4 MP maps and maybe a co-op map.

Back in the day a full expansion was basically a whole new campaign which was long, like a third of the full game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@FelipeInside said:

I don't consider them the same.

Take COD for example. A DLC consists of 4 MP maps and maybe a co-op map.

Back in the day a full expansion was basically a whole new campaign which was long, like a third of the full game.

That's still an expansion, minus the single player campaign. An expansion in a MP game would be something like a new mode of play, different weapons, vehicles, maps etc. In the case of Evolve it's a new set of hunters and a monster, probably new maps.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#34 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I am not a fan of DLC or micro-transactions, but you should evaluate the game by itself and see if it is worth it. To me, the core game of Evolve is worth it. I don't know if I will get any DLC. It seems like all the DLC stuff is just customization or alternate characters. As long as there are no obvious advantages or pay to win schemes going on, then we can all still play the core game and have fun.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KHAndAnime
@BassMan said:

I am not a fan of DLC or micro-transactions, but you should evaluate the game by itself and see if it is worth it. To me, the core game of Evolve is worth it. I don't know if I will get any DLC. It seems like all the DLC stuff is just customization or alternate characters. As long as there are no obvious advantages or pay to win schemes going on, then we can all still play the core game and have fun.

Actually, the DLC stuff is major gameplay stuff. Like classes. If you don't pre-order, you're missing out on an entire Monster class. That's a considerable percentage of content being restricted away from people who don't pre-order. Could you imagine if you had to pre-order The Orange Box back in the day to get the Heavy class? Seems pretty lame to me. It's a good enough reason to avoid the game altogether for me.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#36 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts
@KHAndAnime said:
@BassMan said:

Actually, the DLC stuff is major gameplay stuff. Like classes. If you don't pre-order, you're missing out on an entire Monster class. That's a considerable percentage of content being restricted away from people who don't pre-order. Could you imagine if you had to pre-order The Orange Box back in the day to get the Heavy class? Seems pretty lame to me. It's a good enough reason to avoid the game altogether for me.

I respect that. I actually did pre-order the game for $35 back at E3, so I should be good for pre-order bonuses. Hopefully, all the classes are balanced and they just offer alternate ways to deal with the monster.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@KHAndAnime said:
@BassMan said:

The Monster Expansion Pack isn't available by just preordering. You will be able to buy it for 14.99 when the game releases. So they aren't restricting anybody if they don't preorder.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KHAndAnime

@airshocker said:

The Monster Expansion Pack isn't available by just preordering. You will be able to buy it for 14.99 when the game releases. So they aren't restricting anybody if they don't preorder.

Regardless, it's $15 day one DLC that inhibits everyone who doesn't pay $75+ on launch from experiencing the full game. It's a really shitty feeling knowing that you spent $59.99 and you are still playing a limited edition of the game - particularly when you'll be playing with other players who are going to kill you with that DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if that class is particularly overpowered compared to the rest, that's usually how it always goes.

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@airshocker said:

@KHAndAnime said:
@BassMan said:

Regardless, it's $15 day one DLC that inhibits everyone who doesn't pay $75+ on launch from experiencing the full game. It's a really shitty feeling knowing that you spent $59.99 and you are still playing the a limited edition of the game - particularly when you'll be playing with other players who are going to kill you with that DLC.

You get the 4th monster for just pre purchasing the game. Doesn't matter what version. So if you enjoyed the game you just saved yourself $15. its also not day 1 DLC. The Behemoth will probably not be out for a couple months after release.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KHAndAnime

@Childeater10 said:

You get the 4th monster for just pre purchasing the game. Doesn't matter what version. So if you enjoyed the game you just saved yourself $15. its also not day 1 DLC. The Behemoth will probably not be out for a couple months after release.

Well that's a little more comforting. But why is it not included in the season pass? I've never purchased a season pass, but aren't those normally supposed to cover DLC being released down the line from the game's launch?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@KHAndAnime said:

@airshocker said:

Regardless, it's $15 day one DLC that inhibits everyone who doesn't pay $75+ on launch from experiencing the full game. It's a really shitty feeling knowing that you spent $59.99 and you are still playing a limited edition of the game - particularly when you'll be playing with other players who are going to kill you with that DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if that class is particularly overpowered compared to the rest, that's usually how it always goes.

Yeah but you said "If you don't pre-order, you're missing out on an entire Monster class."

That's not true. All I'm trying to do is make sure misinformation isn't spread about this game.

If they weren't going to kill me with Behemoth they'd be killing me with a different monster. Doesn't really make a difference to me.

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Childeater10

@KHAndAnime said:

@Childeater10 said:

Well that's a little more comforting. But why is it not included in the season pass? I've never purchased a season pass, but aren't those normally supposed to cover DLC being released down the line from the game's launch?

Yeah I don't know about that. Season passes are getting worse every year. However Evolve is doing it slightly different for a multiplayer game. Instead of splitting there community by releasing maps and such as DLC. All maps and gametypes in the future will be free. The only thing they will be charging for is additional hunters/monsters. I like this because it doesn't force me to buy DLC to play the game months down the road.

After that its just a matter of balance between the new hunters and monsters.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KHAndAnime

@Childeater10 said:

Yeah I don't know about that. Season passes are getting worse every year. However Evolve is doing it slightly different for a multiplayer game. Instead of splitting there community by releasing maps and such as DLC. All maps and gametypes in the future will be free. The only thing they will be charging for is additional hunters/monsters. I like this because it doesn't force me to buy DLC to play the game months down the road.

I suppose it's not so bad if you look at it that way. The only aspect of it that I'm not a fan of is how meticulously they planned out this paid content system for future content. Maybe if the entire game were F2P, then I'd understand the pricing structure a little bit more. But in this scenario, it almost feels like they just took Dota 2 and instead of releasing the game for free like they did with Dota 2, they charge you $59.99.

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Childeater10

@KHAndAnime said:

@Childeater10 said:

I suppose it's not so bad if you look at it that way. The only aspect of it that I'm not a fan of is how meticulously they planned out this paid content system for future content. Maybe if the entire game were F2P, then I'd understand the pricing structure a little bit more. But in this scenario, it almost feels like they just took Dota 2 and instead of releasing the game for free like they did with Dota 2, they charge you $59.99.

I agree. The way they presented the DLC was awful from the start. Its a shame because its probably going to effect the games sales. After playing the game quite a bit during the PC beta I really enjoyed it.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Are people really crying over additional content being announced for a game? This isn't day one stuff and it isn't pay to win either (unless there are major balancing issues). It is the same season pass thing that so many games have been doing EXCEPT this time it is being done in a way so as to NOT split the community.

Sounds like an improvement to me. On top of that, the game is insanely fun and will likely be the best multi-player game to come out this year.

Evolve is a definite buy for me.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KHAndAnime

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Are people really crying over additional content being announced for a game? This isn't day one stuff and it isn't pay to win either (unless there are major balancing issues). It is the same season pass thing that so many games have been doing EXCEPT this time it is being done in a way so as to NOT split the community.

Sounds like an improvement to me. On top of that, the game is insanely fun and will likely be the best multi-player game to come out this year.

So quick to forget a game called "Destiny"? There's clearly a good reason to be wary about games where the bulk of the experience is planned to be DLC-oriented. I'll wait for the reviews. On the surface it looks like a game that may be lacking content on launch and then attempting to make up for it by offering lots of expensive DLC ($15 for a class unlock). Maybe I'll pick the game up 9 months down the line when it's $30 for the game and all the additional content, instead of paying the inevitable $100+ just to get the same play options as everyone else. Nothing about the beta made me feel like I had to play it right away.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

it ISNT going to be "one of the best"... the game will be dead in 6 months at the latest. it is the same repetitive bullshit every match. the DLC just adds to the pile of reasons not to buy the game. everyone that buys this is supporting scumbag AAA developer tactics of selling a game as a means to peddle DLC, instead of selling a game... because it is a game.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#48 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

it ISNT going to be "one of the best"... the game will be dead in 6 months at the latest. it is the same repetitive bullshit every match. the DLC just adds to the pile of reasons not to buy the game. everyone that buys this is supporting scumbag AAA developer tactics of selling a game as a means to peddle DLC, instead of selling a game... because it is a game.

Yea i'm not buying the game for the simple fact that its boring and repetitive. Spending 10 hours with the alpha/beta was enough to tell me that. I didn't like the concept of 1v4 when it was announced, it was even more boring in practice than I had imagined.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@cyloninside said:

watch the vid....

Good god, and I was defending the game because of lack of content right now; well good thing I didn't buy this, but it's still pretty good game.

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Childeater10

@cyloninside said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

I didn't find it repetitive when I played it. I can see why some people don't like the concept but I can also see a lot of people do like it. I really enjoy trying to track and hunt the monster down. You just don't see that kind of game play in a lot of multiplayer games today.

While announcing a monster as DLC before the game is even shown is an awful idea. It's still no different then any other season pass or expansion pass other games have done. I personally don't like season passes... I just don't see them going away anytime soon. I also don't see this game being dead however I do see it having a niche hardcore community that will keep it alive.