Diablo 3....is it gonna happen??

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vegetaxxssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Vegetaxxssj4
Member since 2002 • 1545 Posts

As the topic asks.....Do you think Diablo 3 is gonna happen and if so when?Secondly, if Diablo 3 does happen will it steal some of WoW's thunder?

SacredShotgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SacredShotgun
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts

Diablo 3? it better happen...

And why would it steal from wow? isnt it the same blizzard?

pspmax022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 pspmax022
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts
diablo 2 was my favorite game and probley still is.if it was kinda like WoW but FREE it would sell MILLIONS!or keep it like it is it would sell just as much.
Meska2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Meska2
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts
i feel that it will happen...of course no one really knows when its gonna happen. and i dont think it will steal any attention from WoW. WoW is a MMORPG and Diablo isnt. there bothdifferent genres..but i think it will steal alot of thunder from many other games, and definitly hard to top for anyone designingthe "nextrpg".
i hope itcomes out in 2008=P
REd_toe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 REd_toe
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts
Its not going to happen for a long time. The team that made D1 and 2 left to make Hellgate: london (plays like diablo), also bilz is working on starcraft 2 and wow right now. So any news about Diablo 3 would most likly surface after those come out.
waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

STOP IT

STOP DREAMING !!!!

nobody that worked on diablo 1 or 2 is still at blizzard
IF THEY EVER MAKER DIABLO 3 ... it won't be as good because it won't be the same team at all to work on it !!!

just like starcraft 2, almost nobody from the original game is working on the sequel, so they found people from C&C3 to work on Sc2 and it really looks like crap

31337r4v3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 31337r4v3n
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
and oh god did they screw up with hellgate london. london demo absolutely sux and is an abomination in the d world. it would be cool if they did tho as i would have rather seen d3 than sc2...
NerdMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NerdMan
Member since 2002 • 2749 Posts
I used to say, "Yeah, it will happen someday, but who cares? Hellgate: London is coming!" But now that is is apparent that HGL sucks, Diablo 3 can't come soon enough.
milsvaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 milsvaard
Member since 2003 • 1928 Posts
I hope they make Diablo III, that would be so awesome.
Pepsimies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pepsimies
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I would buy Diablo 3 if it comes out.. :)
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
It is going to happen! :D I just know it.
xiixiix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xiixiix
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts

and oh god did they screw up with hellgate london. london demo absolutely sux and is an abomination in the d world. it would be cool if they did tho as i would have rather seen d3 than sc2...31337r4v3n

I used to say, "Yeah, it will happen someday, but who cares? Hellgate: London is coming!" But now that is is apparent that HGL sucks, Diablo 3 can't come soon enough.NerdMan

I'm hoping this idiotic forum post didn't convince you (or anyone) that Hellgate is a bad game. Hellgate: London is the closest thing to Diablo you're likely to see for a while, and no, it's not a bad game.

Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

I think Blizzard is alredy working on Diablo III.

I read it somewhere,im not sure where.

outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts
i would love to see it happen after star craft 2......dialbo 2 was one of my favorite games of all time
elitegeek13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elitegeek13
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts
It WILL probably happen, and it WILL probably suck. Since most of the people who worked on Diablo II are now at arena net (hence the succses of GW) and diablo is one of BLizzard's flagship games, blizzard will probably make a carbon copy of diablo II with better graphics. truth be told, the original diabloII and diablo were so awesome i would hate it if they make a sucky sequel, because it would completely ruin the series legacy of being complete blockbusters.
N0A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 N0A
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Well maybe it will happen but i doubt it will ROCK like the other 2 series cose the poeple who worked on the serie are no more but hey we will get HGL thats a great game too . Anyways in my opinion Diablo is and will be the KING of hack and slash .
boyd62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 boyd62
Member since 2003 • 374 Posts

flagship is working on HGL, and a top down game called mythos, both pretty much follow the diablo style of gameplay. Mythos looks to be more like D3 in almost every respect then HGL.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts
Forget the idea of d3, just revamp the graphics, fix some glitches (i.e desynch..)and re-release d2 would make my day :).
ScratchedFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ScratchedFury
Member since 2004 • 195 Posts
If there's a god, it'll happen.
Liquid_Snake92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Liquid_Snake92
Member since 2005 • 3380 Posts
Diablo 3 will happen. Yes. They won't abandon such a great franchise. And one that has netted them so much money.
19chevelle72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 19chevelle72
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
Not to sound like an ass but here goes: Blizzard has no orginality in the last several year.... NONE thats why all their latest title have a number after the name. SO you can easily bet a Diablo 3 will happen. Im not saying the games are bad, they are great, but just something new for the luv of god.
pspmax022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 pspmax022
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts
ok really people why woldnt come. and just because the people arnt there anymore,doesnt mean itll suck. i mean, so what, they know what we like. you cant say a game will suck untill you buy it and try it. untill then dont try to put us down saying itll suck.because it PROBLEY WONT.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

I used to say, "Yeah, it will happen someday, but who cares? Hellgate: London is coming!" But now that is is apparent that HGL sucks, Diablo 3 can't come soon enough.NerdMan

the main complaint with Hellgate seems to be that it's too much like Diablo.

juggernaut8419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 juggernaut8419
Member since 2003 • 872 Posts

I will have my Diablo 3 in the form of Hellgate London for now. After playing the demo for a while I started to fall in love with the game and its good to see a mesh of all the genres.

As for if Blizzard even makes a Diablo 3. I doubt it will be nearly as good as you expect since important members of that team left. It won't be bad though cause Blizzard does have great production values, so I will still hope for it in the not too distant future.

therog2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 therog2
Member since 2003 • 465 Posts

Blizzard North got dismantled and moved down to Blizzard over two years after Diablo II: LoD came out.

The big question is, what was Blizzard North working on those two years.
Probably Diablo III.

So I would guess it's in the works.
Probably got pushed back a little so Blizzard could finish WoW, but allot of the ground work (concept art & gameplay ideas) was probably well on it's way.

I'll guess we'll hear something after StarCraft II and it's expansion set is out.

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts
Mythos.....=p
Galzakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 Galzakian
Member since 2004 • 5160 Posts

I hope so, I assume it's on their to do list. But I wouldn't expect it for at least another 2 or 3 years, unless they're already secretly working on it! :o

One can dream.

teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 teirdome
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts

How many more times can we kill that demon?!

Anyways, we have GW and HG:L from the teams that brought us Diablo.

Honestly I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2 more than Diablo 3 anyday. Wahoo for e-sports!

Rotinaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rotinaj32
Member since 2007 • 331 Posts

Who knows when they will. I mean they have the cash cow known as WoW, and blizzard being blizzard takes forever on games. Hey we have SC2, thats more than I expected from them. I seriously think they will just milk the warcraft series til its dead, it could easily take 5 more years to die down. The one thing I do hope is that they don't turn diable into an MMO and ruin that series too, but I somehow see it happening =(.

Brotherbraak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#30 Brotherbraak
Member since 2003 • 526 Posts
they should make a World of Diablo and World ofStarcraft and you can time warp into each game world and kill random things..but yeah...forget it. I suck....
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Who knows when they will. I mean they have the cash cow known as WoW, and blizzard being blizzard takes forever on games. Hey we have SC2, thats more than I expected from them. I seriously think they will just milk the warcraft series til its dead, it could easily take 5 more years to die down. The one thing I do hope is that they don't turn diable into an MMO and ruin that series too, but I somehow see it happening =(.

Rotinaj32

Yeah, if they make it an MMO, I'll be pissed.

delirin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 delirin
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts

[QUOTE="31337r4v3n"]and oh god did they screw up with hellgate london. london demo absolutely sux and is an abomination in the d world. it would be cool if they did tho as i would have rather seen d3 than sc2...xiixiix

I'm hoping this idiotic forum post didn't convince you (or anyone) that Hellgate is a bad game. Hellgate: London is the closest thing to Diablo you're likely to see for a while, and no, it's not a bad game.

I think it's pretty much common knowledge that HG:L is garbage. Of course there are still a few hardcore fans letting themselves be strung along....

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts
Probably eventually.
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
[QUOTE="xiixiix"]

[QUOTE="31337r4v3n"]and oh god did they screw up with hellgate london. london demo absolutely sux and is an abomination in the d world. it would be cool if they did tho as i would have rather seen d3 than sc2...delirin

I think it's pretty much common knowledge that HG:L is garbage. Of course there are still a few hardcore fans letting themselves be strung along....

Ya common knowledge huh? 89% in PC Gamer doesn't seem to be a "garbage" game...

I guess there are still a few hardcore haters fooling themselves into believing they are actually in the majority of players...

Anyways, even if the game doesn't live up to the "hype" in some people's eyes, there is not way it is "total garbage". When you make silly exaggerated statements like that you really sound like a little kid.

"this game is total poo!"

"waaaah!"

delirin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 delirin

What I think is childish would be taking criticism of a game so personally.

BTW it is garbage bud ;)

edit: BTW I'd kill for a D3. Not every last person that had his hands on diablo 3 is gone, and they've still got the most kick ass cinematics team in the industry, I still have hopes.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts

BTW it is garbage bud ;)

edit: BTW I'd kill for a D3. Not every last person that had his hands on diablo 3 is gone, and they've still got the most kick ass cinematics team in the industry, I still have hopes.

delirin

No, whats childish is running around for months bashing a game you don't even like ;)

Whats childish is hanging around forums for games you consider "garbage" trolling.

Whats childish is making gross over generalizations and brash comments for ones personal enjoyment at the expense of other people.

What you do is childish. I simply point out the FACTS, like the actual reviews it recieves ;)

Grow up derilin...you have been lurking around the HG:L forums FOR MONTHS NOW, bashing the game and the people who enjoy it. You don't see me on forums for games I don't like, especially for MONTHSdo you? Yup, thats because I am not a petty troll kid.

thewarggoath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thewarggoath
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts
IF they are going to do it they better but more emphasis on story and gameplay than on the friggin graphics! I want the dark feel of Diablo and Diablo 2 and not the candy cartoon world of WoW!
_RA0_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 _RA0_
Member since 2007 • 855 Posts
man, i really hope so :(
SacredShotgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SacredShotgun
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts

STOP IT

STOP DREAMING !!!!

nobody that worked on diablo 1 or 2 is still at blizzard
IF THEY EVER MAKER DIABLO 3 ... it won't be as good because it won't be the same team at all to work on it !!!

just like starcraft 2, almost nobody from the original game is working on the sequel, so they found people from C&C3 to work on Sc2 and it really looks like crap

waza000

Have you seen Far Cry 2 bedause its not the same developer as Far Cry 1 and looks like its going to be awesome. If Ubi can pull it off why not Blizzard.

givemethepatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 givemethepatch
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

The demo for HG:L does not do the game justice at all - I was very disappointed after playing the demo, but I got a beta invite with like, four days to go before the character wipe, so I installed just to see if it was any better - and I was much, much, much happier with HG:L than when I played the beta.

The demo is boring, with no real variety in enemies or tasks, or landscapes to fight in; the beta does a much better job of showing off the game - the enemies are more varied and the quests are more plentiful. Also, the tunnelworks and street locations are significantly better done in the beta than the demo.

I went from deciding to not buy the game based on the demo, to deciding to buy the founder's club (150.00 membership). The beta is over now, sadly, so if you don't want to base the decision on this post - don't, but still find a way to play more than the first half hour of HG:L and you will find a much different game than the demo let on.

givemethepatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 givemethepatch
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

HG:L than when I played the beta.

givemethepatch

And by that I mean the demo...

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts
just get Titan Quest or Hellgate London for now - both awesome games
Pessu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pessu
Member since 2007 • 944 Posts

just get Titan Quest or Hellgate London for now - both awesome gamesPredatorRules

Titan quest is a excellent choise for your diablo lust. Its basicly diablo with a different setting. HGL the other hand doesnt remind diablo at all imo.

I hope blizzard sells the rights for diablo to someone who would/could actually do something with'em.

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
I love Hellgate, and I like the post apocalyptic feel of the game more than Diablo. It's a shame the demo didn't turn out better, the game is massive, and releasing just the first few moments in the game was probably the worst thing they could have done, but really the only sensible option. When you get in game and get to group with other people, it's extremely fun and addictive. Still, the same people that were personally responsible for Diablo are now Flagship studios, and that's not going to change. BTW, There's a beta going on right now for Mythos, which feels more like Diablo in setting, and feels like it could be Diablo 3 in a way.
maximus_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 maximus_2
Member since 2004 • 6383 Posts
I wish it will happen.. but... its been a long time now... and .. oh well... lets see.
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
I don't know.

I mean, HGL is basically a Diablo game. Not in the sequel sense because it has nothing to do with it, but it does play like a Diablo game a lot. So would it be smart for them to release HGL and then D3? This would only take HGL fans away from the game because they would obviously go over D3. The coming of D3 would be the death of HGL, IMO.

Oh and HGL doesn't suck.
The only that say it sucks are the people who want this game to be like WoW. PvP this and guilds that. And HGL was not intented to be like that at all.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

I think blizz will want to work on Diablo 3 at some point - with Starcraft 2 coming, they've shown that they aren't just a one note developer, suckling on that mmorpg teet.

It's quite concievable that pre-production planning on the game has already started, and ideas have been thorwn around, but development proper wouldn't start until after SC2 is on the shelves, which could be a couple years off. So if we say a minimum of three years in full blown development, and upto perhaps two years until development starts - we could be talking 2013-2015 before we see Diablo 3.

And in the meantime, Flagship has given us Hellgate, a game that is imo everything D3 would've been, and will presumably work on expansions and additional content, or even a sequel.

Diablo 3 could well be going toe to toe with Hellgate 2. And that would be an interesting showdown, if Hellgate in the end receives the acknowledgement it probably deserves.

Mr_NoName111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mr_NoName111
Member since 2005 • 1035 Posts

Diablo 3 will happen. Yes. They won't abandon such a great franchise. And one that has netted them so much money.Liquid_Snake92

They'd more likely keep going with WoW than make Diablo 3.

delirin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 delirin
[QUOTE="delirin"]

BTW it is garbage bud ;)

dnuggs40

No, whats childish is running around for months bashing a game you don't even like ;)

Whats childish is hanging around forums for games you consider "garbage" trolling.

Whats childish is making gross over generalizations and brash comments for ones personal enjoyment at the expense of other people.

What you do is childish. I simply point out the FACTS, like the actual reviews it recieves ;)

Grow up derilin...you have been lurking around the HG:L forums FOR MONTHS NOW, bashing the game and the people who enjoy it. You don't see me on forums for games I don't like, especially for MONTHSdo you? Yup, thats because I am not a petty troll kid.

I'm quite grown up, thanks. Personally, I think we disagree on the definition of childish... as with everything else. Starting flame wars... imo is childish, replying to your flames might put me in that boat with you but I really couldn't care less.

I see a comment about HG:L, I comment. I don't like the game, I'm going to say that. Your "facts" aren't going to change that I feel the game is garbage. I'm not wrong in saying so... it is garbage. It's mediocre in general, overhyped, has the nads to charge for content other games have offered for free... and is riding on the coat tails of diablo to bost sales.

I also praise games I do like. What is childish is perusing the forums toating one premature pc gamer review over and over.

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"][QUOTE="delirin"]

BTW it is garbage bud ;)

delirin

I'm quite grown up, thanks. Personally, I think we disagree on the definition of childish... as with everything else. Starting flame wars... imo is childish, replying to your flames might put me in that boat with you but I really couldn't care less.

I see a comment about HG:L, I comment. I don't like the game, I'm going to say that. Your "facts" aren't going to change that I feel the game is garbage. I'm not wrong in saying so... it is garbage. It's mediocre in general, overhyped, has the nads to charge for content other games have offered for free... and is riding on the coat tails of diablo to bost sales.

I also praise games I do like. What is childish is perusing the forums toating one premature pc gamer review over and over.

You are incorrect, and that's a fact. You know why? Because you are calling a game "garbage" that hasn't even come out yet. Even if you did play the beta, that wasn't even half the content, or complete game for that matter, not even a quarter of the content once things start to roll out further down the road. I think it's extremely premature to judge this game, and especially use words like garbage before it ever has a chance.

When a person purchases Hellgate London from the store, they are getting a single player game that lasts for around 50 or so hours depending on play time, and countless more playthroughs as different classes if so desires. It also allows you to play your character online, for free of course. That to me sounds like an amazing deal, and exceeds at what all the other models for single player RPG's do. How many games can you think of that provide that amount of hours of gameplay? And all for $50 bucks.

Where it excels is the fact that you have the option of multiplayer, which I plan on taking advantage of. End of story, that's worth every penny of $50 bucks, and PC Gamer thinks so too. Now, If you wanna subscribe for new content, that's a whole seperate beast into itself. You or I can't name one other game that will give content for free on a weekly and monthly basis, none. Essentially you are asking an entire company, who will be working 24/7 on this game, to provide content free of charge. That's ridiculous thinking, and I'm sure once you think about it, you'll understand as a rational human being. Now, you can argue the fact that you should be given more player slots as part of the game, or complain about the 10 bucks being a little too much, but to complain about the fact that Flagship is giving the option of keeping this game alive so to speak is just ridiculous.

Most other games, Neverwinter Nights 2($50 USD upon release) and Gothic 3($40 USD upon release) for example are near dead from last year, and will never be as supported or as big as Hellgate. What's wrong with keeping a game going, and building a community? That's exactly what Hellgate is attempting, growing a community that's not even mandatory either! In a way, Flagship should have just come right out and said everyone's paying $10 bucks a month, like it or leave it, no single player, no multiplayer component, screw off. And you know what? Nobody would be complaining. Because they want to offer a new way of delivering content, all of a sudden it's a problem. If it works, it works, if not, then it's back to the drawing board.

Lastly, with Guild Wars, you are paying for expansion packs once a year if you kept up with the *CONTENT* of the game over the years, so why all of a sudden is this different? It's just a different business model that no one else is doing. Most games are usually pay to play, pay for expansions, or microtransactions in order to support the game. Hellgate is a hybrid in a way, and like all other things new, it's causing people to go overboard. I'll never understand why people are in an uproar over choice. If you played Neverwinter Nights 2 or Gothic 3 last year, this and The Witcher is this years's PC RPG's, that's all.

I say, enough with the hating, give the game a chance, and at least see what the reviews across the board have to say about it. Consensus will make or break this game in the end, and it's what the people want that will be the ultimate outcome.