deactivated-609fe4eae5287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-609fe4eae5287
Member since 2005 • 750 Posts

Anyone picked up the DX11 version of Scholar on PC? How does it perform? I know From Soft's PC ports have a had pretty spotty track record, so I want to hear a few first hand accounts before I make the purchase. I also have an Xbox One, but from what I've gathered there are a lot of framerate issues with that version.

System specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz
GPU: GTX 780
RAM: 8GB
Windows 8.1
Game installs: Samsung 850 EVO SSD

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17812 Posts

@StHapns247 said:

Anyone picked up the DX11 version of Scholar on PC? How does it perform? I know From Soft's PC ports have a had pretty spotty track record, so I want to hear a few first hand accounts before I make the purchase. I also have an Xbox One, but from what I've gathered there are a lot of framerate issues with that version.

System specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz

GPU: GTX 780

RAM: 8GB

Windows 8.1

Game installs: Samsung 850 EVO SSD

You have a good rig. I don't see you having any problems with the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-609fe4eae5287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-609fe4eae5287

@BassMan said:

You have a good rig. I don't see you having any problems with the game.

My concern is more about bugs and things that powerful hardware can't overcome.

Have you played it on PC yet?

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Have'nt played that much but the first hour or so seems perfectly playable and it runs flawlessly on a GTX770.

Edit: It seems like the 60 fps weapon degredation/parry frames issues persist though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-609fe4eae5287

@MlauTheDaft: Hm, that's such a weird bug that I can;t believe that haven't fixed yet. Do you know if this happens on the console versions as well or is it a PC exclusive bug?

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MlauTheDaft

@StHapns247: I'm not entirely sure but I do have a hard time parrying/riposting and I do feel that weapons degrade rather fast. It's supposedly because it's tied to the fps (i.e. An engine thing), so 60 makes the game harder and breaks your weapons faster.

Edit: That being said, I still enjoyed it but need to finish up/get tired of Torchlight 2 first (which might happen fast, since I've played Diablo 3 extensively).

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

Have'nt played that much but the first hour or so seems perfectly playable and it runs flawlessly on a GTX770.

Edit: It seems like the 60 fps weapon degredation/parry frames issues persist though.

It is is no longer tied to the FPS, however the problem is still there. Look up the sub reddit for dark souls 2 and you can find a fix for it. It's in beta though. The physics engine is still tied to the FPS I think, so it might give some funny situations here and there. I haven't experienced any bugs yet after 12 hours of gaming in it. Oh well except a bit of lag while playing single player (no summons, nor summoned) with one type of enemy. It will stop for half a second, then rush in with an attack that is way to fast for that enemy.

TC: My rig is weaker than yours and run it fine. Got a GTX 680 instead of 780. Rest is the same. Runs at 60FPS for 99% of the time. At 1440P, not 1080P.

It is harder than the original DS2.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MlauTheDaft

@horgen said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

It is is no longer tied to the FPS, however the problem is still there. Look up the sub reddit for dark souls 2 and you can find a fix for it. It's in beta though. The physics engine is still tied to the FPS I think, so it might give some funny situations here and there. I haven't experienced any bugs yet after 12 hours of gaming in it. Oh well except a bit of lag while playing single player (no summons, nor summoned) with one type of enemy. It will stop for half a second, then rush in with an attack that is way to fast for that enemy.

TC: My rig is weaker than yours and run it fine. Got a GTX 680 instead of 780. Rest is the same. Runs at 60FPS for 99% of the time. At 1440P, not 1080P.

Cheers on the reddit heads up. And yeah, my 770 is slightly faster than your 680 and my I7-4771 makes no difference. TC should be able to easily play it at 1440p or at least DSR 1440p.

Edit: Apart from weapon degredation, it does'nt really matter IMO. I'm only affected because I played a ton of DS1 and hence, my timing is off.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Runs at a constant 60 FPS on my laptop maxed out @1080 (i7 4.3GHz & 780m 4GB SLI). Weapons degrade really fast which is pretty annoying, hopefully it's patched soon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-609fe4eae5287

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll probably pick up on Steam this weekend.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

@Chatch09 said:

A little off topic, but I wish FromSoftware would realize their PC fan base extends further that DS, I would love them forever if they brought the Armored Core series to PC, especially 4 Answer (such an awesome game, but the framerates and stuttering on xbox were horrid)

Given their horrible ports, I am not sure I want them to bring other games to PC. It's better if done by another team I think.

@MlauTheDaft said:

@horgen said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

Cheers on the reddit heads up. And yeah, my 770 is slightly faster than your 680 and my I7-4771 makes no difference. TC should be able to easily play it at 1440p or at least DSR 1440p.

Edit: Apart from weapon degredation, it does'nt really matter IMO. I'm only affected because I played a ton of DS1 and hence, my timing is off.

You're welcome.

The weapon degradation becomes less of a problem if you get that one ring which helps against degradation. And when you start one-hit enemies, that helps a lot as well.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#13 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

not the graphic overhall i was hoping for but there's slight differences. if you played the OG release than you should notice a boost in frames. at even higher settings then the previous and it appears smoother and more responsive. i've had zero problems in ~10hrs.