D2D moved to Gamefly. 2/3's of my D2D games gone.

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

Games I lost

Brink (Steamworks)
Empire and Napoleon Total War (Steamworks)
Dirt 3
Dirt 2
Borderlands
Titan Quest
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne

Obviously, the "steamworks" games don't matter so much, but Dirt 3 and Borderlands are some pretty big titles to lose. I was given no notification other than the blanket statement that "some older titles" may not be supported on Gamefly. Minus the steamworks games, thats $43 lost. I'm not pleased with this experience and I have no plans to buy any games from Gamefly til my lost games are returned (if they ever are).

Anyone else lose much?

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
Hory sheet you're right. I can't even figure out how to check what games I own.
agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 agpickle

Hory sheet you're right. I can't even figure out how to check what games I own. Spellingiscool

You have to go to your account on Gamefly's website to look at old D2D purchases. You can find them in the new client for some reason.

Mattizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Mattizzle815
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts

wtf I had 4 or 5 games with them that I don't have installed on my PC

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Do you not have them on your PC anymore? They sent out several emails saying that not all games would become readily available immediately after the transfer. They only said games that wouldn't run on modern hardware would be axed for good, so I think you just need to be patient as those titles become available.

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 agpickle

Do you not have them on your PC anymore? They sent out several emails saying that not all games would become readily available immediately after the transfer. They only said games that wouldn't run on modern hardware would be axed for good, so I think you just need to be patient as those titles become available.

Cwagmire21

I knew that some games would be lost, but I'm not going to redownload all my games "just in case". They should have been more clear on what games/publishers weren't going to make the jump.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

This sounds like it could be grounds for a class-action lawsuit. Just a few years ago people were posting that they were worried about digital distributors going out of business or something. It sure didn't take long for that theory to be proven. I will continue to buy retail boxes for all games I care about. You can't trust your games to be on some server controlled by some company.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

They sent out emails awhile back saying this was going to happen...

Glad I got 90% of my D2D.com games on an external HD backed up when they sent that email out.

If some are not showing up I remember them saying not ALL will be avaialble right off the bat, some might take a few months to get on there.

They did sent emails out but.... I do wish thtat they did this like STARDOCK adn Gamestop did there deal... make sure that each customer gets ALL there games from the previous business.

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts

I've 14 Games from D2D and now only have 3 games on GameFly. I already make a Backup on all my games that i downloaded from D2D and the CD-key too. Honestly they sent like 2-3 emails and tell everyone that not all games will move to GameFly and if you want to take the chance to not redownload then its your fault. I like their new Game-Client. Its easy to go around and its faster than Steam and Origin (at least on my PC). Too bad they don't have many games like other site like Steam, Impulse Driven ect.

Update: Just login my GameFly account and saw 3 more games added to my Account. I think it just take a litle more time for ther other games to show up on your account.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Wait I just lost Dirt 2?

Damnit.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wasdie  Moderator

Glad I got 90% of my D2D.com games on an external HD backed up when they sent that email out.

If some are not showing up I remember them saying not ALL will be avaialble right off the bat, some might take a few months to get on there.

They did sent emails out but.... I do wish thtat they did this like STARDOCK adn Gamestop did there deal... make sure that each customer gets ALL there games from the previous business.

kozzy1234

They told me the amount of games that we would lose would be tiny, almost all older games taht don't work well on today's hardware.

Dirt 2 is neither of those.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kozzy1234

I've 14 Games from D2D and now only have 3 games on GameFly. I already make a Backup on all my games that i downloaded from D2D and the CD-key too. Honestly they sent like 2-3 emails and tell everyone that not all games will move to GameFly and if you want to take the chance to not redownload then its your fault. I like their new Game-Client. Its easy to go around and its faster than Steam and Origin (at least on my PC). Too bad they don't have many games like other site like Steam, Impulse Driven ect.

Update: Just login my GameFly account and saw 3 more games added to my Account. I think it just take a litle more time for ther other games to show up on your account.

DarkblueNinja

Yeah so far I have 14/15 of my games, only one is not there, could show up later on down the road to

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Wasdie

They told me the amount of games that we would lose would be tiny, almost all older games taht don't work well on today's hardware.

Dirt 2 is neither of those.

Why not just download them all just to be safe? They didnt say exactly what games would be there and what ones would not, better be safe then sorry imo.

Hope that it shows up for ya at some point, DIRT definatly isntt a super old game (but then again I dont remember hearing them say it would only be old games)

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kozzy1234

A heads up for people.. if you dont see all your games in the PROGRAM itself then log into there website... and go to PURCHASE HISTORY.

For me with the program it shows only "6" games that I own from D2D.com... but when I go to the gamefly website and check Purchase HIstory it shows 14/15 my 15 games

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kozzy1234

Direct2Drive Customers:We are still in the process of moving your games from D2D to GameFly. No games have been lost; check your Purchase History on GameFly to verify your list of games.

http://www.gamefly.com/support/gameflydigital/

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarkblueNinja
Just count my games again and I only have 13 games and not 14 :p. All games + keys are inside my account through their website but not on the Game-Client yet. I guess I just need to wait a few more days. Btw do you guys get 30% rebat code?
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
Guys they said they will slowing start bringing over as much games as possible. Just give them afew days
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
On top of that, you now have to download Gamefly's client. :roll: If I download it and find out there are less games than there should be, I'll be pissed.
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

**** i lost batman arkham asylum

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

I feel for you guys.

xamantu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xamantu
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts

I feel for you guys.

xOMGITSJASONx
Yeah, that really sucks. I hope you guys can get your games back.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wasdie  Moderator

Direct2Drive Customers:We are still in the process of moving your games from D2D to GameFly. No games have been lost; check your Purchase History on GameFly to verify your list of games.

kozzy1234

This makes sense. I figured we wouldn't lose many.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Wasdie

This makes sense. I figured we wouldn't lose many.

Yep, no reason to freak out (yet).

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
It's pretty bad, but you were given enough notification and they repeatedly said that everyone should download their games before the move. They definitely should add them all back though if they want to maintain any of their existing customers.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

This is why I only buy games on steam or battle.net. well I also bought AoE on GFWL for 10c

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

As long as I can look at my cd keys...I'm not worried. Thats the part that matters most to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

As long as I can look at my cd keys...I'm not worried. Thats the part that matters most to me.

JangoWuzHere
Maybe that's why I'm somewhat indifferent to it. Yes, I hope they straighten it out, but as soon as I read it was happening I copied off all my cd keys.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I feel for you guys.

xOMGITSJASONx
Same. Whether it will be ready in the future or not is an uneasy for all that have purchased from Direct2Drive. I'm so glad I only purchased a few games, and they are probably my least favorite bunch in my collection. Luckily, they are still installed on my hard drive. I probably should make a back up just in case.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Elann2008

It's pretty bad, but you were given enough notification and they repeatedly said that everyone should download their games before the move. They definitely should add them all back though if they want to maintain any of their existing customers.guynamedbilly
What if someone had 50+ games. Would someone with a huge catalog be able to download all of those games in time? What if someone had more than that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]It's pretty bad, but you were given enough notification and they repeatedly said that everyone should download their games before the move. They definitely should add them all back though if they want to maintain any of their existing customers.Elann2008

What if someone had 50+ games. Would someone with a huge catalog be able to download all of those games in time? What if someone had more than that?

I think so unless they are on dial-up, in which case I doubt they digitally bought games. I just looked and the first email warning I got from them was on December 21, so that's a month to download. Don't get me wrong, I hope they add them all back and do the right thing too. I bought quite a few games from them. I just think saying that they didn't give enough warning is inaccurate. I do think it's wrong for them to do though.

Edit: I guess those with bandwidth caps might have some difficulty too.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]It's pretty bad, but you were given enough notification and they repeatedly said that everyone should download their games before the move. They definitely should add them all back though if they want to maintain any of their existing customers.guynamedbilly

I think so unless they are on dial-up, in which case I doubt they digitally bought games. I just looked and the first email warning I got from them was on December 21, so that's a month to download. Don't get me wrong, I hope they add them all back and do the right thing too. I bought quite a few games from them. I just think saying that they didn't give enough warning is inaccurate. I do think it's wrong for them to do though.

Those with a ton of games and a bandwidth cap, "will" have difficulty. Period. They wouldn't be able to download all of their games. Even with a very fast internet, it would mean you have download 2-3 games per day, if you have a large library of games from D2D. Not many people want to do that and they shouldn't have to.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

it says something about games that are missing now showing up later. I actually downloaded every game I bought from them other than steam and origin games before the switch. D2D sent warning emails.

Blueflame0424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Blueflame0424
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts

They did mention that not all of the games have been fully transferred yet and to be patient. They mentioned ALL games will transfer and nothing will be lost.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Guys look at purchase history they put a code instead of title but can still download your games. All my games seem to be available to me but i had most of them on my external hd anyway.

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DarkblueNinja

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] What if someone had 50+ games. Would someone with a huge catalog be able to download all of those games in time? What if someone had more than that?

Elann2008

Those with a ton of games and a bandwidth cap, "will" have difficulty. Period. They wouldn't be able to download all of their games. Even with a very fast internet, it would mean you have download 2-3 games per day, if you have a large library of games from D2D. Not many people want to do that and they shouldn't have to.

No offense but if you have slow internet + bandwidth cap then it will be pretty stupid to delete your Games after you download from D2D on the first time. Hell I don't have slow Internet or bandwidth cap and I still backup all my Games and it doenst matter where I download it from (steam, Origin, D2D ect) because I don't want to download a game everytime I want to play it and just incase if I want to install Windows again.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#36 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

agpickle

I knew that some games would be lost, but I'm not going to redownload all my games "just in case". They should have been more clear on what games/publishers weren't going to make the jump.

Dude, they said download so you don't lose your games. You chose not to, and you lost your games. Whose fault is it really?
nekroturkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nekroturkey
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

[QUOTE="agpickle"]

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

Gammit10

Dude, they said download so you don't lose your games. You chose not to, and you lost your games. Whose fault is it really?

The gunman puts a gun to your head and tells you to stop crying or else he's going to shoot. You chose not to, and you get shot. Whose fault is it really?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="Gammit10"][QUOTE="agpickle"]

nekroturkey

The gunman puts a gun to your head and tells you to stop crying or else he's going to shoot. You chose not to, and you get shot. Whose fault is it really?

so graphic..
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="guynamedbilly"] I think so unless they are on dial-up, in which case I doubt they digitally bought games. I just looked and the first email warning I got from them was on December 21, so that's a month to download. Don't get me wrong, I hope they add them all back and do the right thing too. I bought quite a few games from them. I just think saying that they didn't give enough warning is inaccurate. I do think it's wrong for them to do though.

DarkblueNinja

No offense but if you have slow internet + bandwidth cap then it will be pretty stupid to delete your Games after you download from D2D on the first time. Hell I don't have slow Internet or bandwidth cap and I still backup all my Games and it doenst matter where I download it from (steam, Origin, D2D ect) because I don't want to download a game everytime I want to play it and just incase if I want to install Windows again.

Why keep 100+ games on your hard drive if you no longer play them? I uninstall any game I no longer care to play. I have fast internet and NO Bandwidth cap, yet games still TAKE TIME TO DOWNLOAD. A lot of games these days are 10GB or even more. I think it's stupid to keep games that you no longer play on your hard drive, let alone have a back up for them. That's just a waste of hard drive space. 1TB is way too easy to fill up. Hell, 2TB isn't even enough these days.
DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DarkblueNinja

[QUOTE="DarkblueNinja"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] Those with a ton of games and a bandwidth cap, "will" have difficulty. Period. They wouldn't be able to download all of their games. Even with a very fast internet, it would mean you have download 2-3 games per day, if you have a large library of games from D2D. Not many people want to do that and they shouldn't have to. Elann2008

Why keep 100+ games on your hard drive if you no longer play them? I uninstall any game I no longer care to play. I have fast internet and NO Bandwidth cap, yet games still TAKE TIME TO DOWNLOAD. A lot of games these days are 10GB or even more. I think it's stupid to keep games that you no longer play on your hard drive, let alone have a back up for them. That's just a waste of hard drive space. 1TB is way too easy to fill up. Hell, 2TB isn't even enough these days.

Don't tell me you never feel like to play some old games once and awhile? Some place let you only download the installation files (like files on a CD/DVD) so it doenst take too much space like when you installed a game on your PC.

I've over 100 Games on steam and it doesn't even reach 700GB and like you said "Games take time to download", so I can't really see why a person with banwidth cap and slow internet will delete his game. If I like to play a game then I'll just install and play it and if it takes to long to download then by the time its done then I don't think I'm in the mood to play that game anymore.

A HDD is there to be filled up. I think it will be more wasted if you don't use it :P

makryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 makryu
Member since 2004 • 965 Posts

In fact, the problem is the same as those games which require internet activation, etc. You never know when you'll need to access your games and you won't be able to. There are a number of reasons why one might not have his games in a backup, lost install files, HDD failure viruses, etc. No matter how rare these occurrences can be, the truth is that they happen sometimes. Not to mention the fact that companies come and go, and your games will go with them.

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

Wow, that's pretty messed up.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

This sounds like it could be grounds for a class-action lawsuit. Just a few years ago people were posting that they were worried about digital distributors going out of business or something. It sure didn't take long for that theory to be proven. I will continue to buy retail boxes for all games I care about. You can't trust your games to be on some server controlled by some company.

Falconoffury
Agreed.. I've only bought one game through a digital download site, and unfortunately, it was D2D.. I'm going to have to see if they still have the game...
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
I do wish thtat they did this like STARDOCK adn Gamestop did there deal... make sure that each customer gets ALL there games from the previous business.kozzy1234
Ha. Gamestop cancelled all pre-orders of TW2 after they bought out Impulse. Made me angry, but I went and bought TW2 from GoG.
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

Games I lost

Brink (Steamworks)
Empire and Napoleon Total War (Steamworks)
Dirt 3
Dirt 2
Borderlands
Titan Quest
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne

Obviously, the "steamworks" games don't matter so much, but Dirt 3 and Borderlands are some pretty big titles to lose. I was given no notification other than the blanket statement that "some older titles" may not be supported on Gamefly. Minus the steamworks games, thats $43 lost. I'm not pleased with this experience and I have no plans to buy any games from Gamefly til my lost games are returned (if they ever are).

Anyone else lose much?

agpickle

I only had 2 games on there anyway and they're both still there. What happened to you was terrible. Not that I was going to anyway but I doubt I will be using GameFly anytime soon if at all.

Mattizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mattizzle815
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts

They sent me a code for 30% off if you buy a game through them. Let me know if any of you want it

masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts
I haven't lost any stuff, it's all in purchase history, but it's mostly MMOs so it's kinda lost anyway.
grafficsak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 grafficsak
Member since 2009 • 304 Posts

I lost 2/3 of my games too. I tried contacting their tech support, but nothing....

apaeth1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 apaeth1
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

All of my past purchases are shown in my account history and there is a little arrow there that says ready to download. When I go to the client only 4 of the 8-9 I should have are not showing up. Those not showing up include Medieval TW, Mass Effect 1 and Fallout 3 GOTY. So I'm guessing if they aren't in the client than those haven't been included in their database/library yet.

I'll give them a couple weeks to sort it out but a game like Fallout 3 GOTY which is only a few years old shouldn't have been omitted from the transfer list.

The download notices were given out during the holidays which is arguably the worst time of year for people to try and find a day just to download games. You also shouldn't have to download and store games as that is the primary beneft of purchasing from a digital distributor. If I wanted to store media I would have just bought it on disc in the first place.

As a consumer you did your part when you paid for the games. You purchased a license under the implied assumption that you would be able to "download your games forever". Gamefly assumed liability for those previous purchases when they bought D2D. Regardless of any disclaimer stating otherwise; their ability to discontinue the availability of licenses at a whim has yet to be tested in courts. Answers like "We dont want to pay for old licenses or store old games" aren't going to stand up under examination if it gets to that point.

Any discontinued games should be stored in a library somewhere and housed for six months to a year to allow people with actual lives to make arrangements for transfer since they are the ones being inconvenienced. Not within a 4-5 week timeframe during the holiday season. There are people stationed overseas on active duty, people traveling abroad, someone may be ill or unable to afford storage options at that moment. A basement dweller or person who lives online 24/7 may have felt the notice and time period were sufficient but that isn't the case for all of D2D's customers.