Crysis 2 Steam removal 'not EA's decision'

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

[QUOTE="wigan_gamer"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"] Still no, not really.sSubZerOo

Yes it was.

Disagree.. Crysis 2's singleplayer had better pacing, characters and what not.. Granted there were alot to explore in the first game.. The problem was the best parts of the game you really didn't have time to explore.. The pacing for Crysis 1 was absolutely awful for the first few levels until the American military invaded.. Than it began picking up.. Furthermore Crysis 2's multiplayer is at least decent, compared to the crap that was Crysis 1's.. Both Crysis 1 and 2's singleplayer have their pluses and minuses.. And for me I really couldn't decide which one is better.

Good to know, I am playing through Crysis 1 right now and really enjoying it.. Gonna play through Crysis Warhead too... Then I am going to play through Crysis 2, I am going into Crysis 2 with an open mind, just for a great game.. Only expectations are it to look good (which I don't doubt it will) and performe slightly better than Crysis 1. All the expecation I have for Crysis 2...

I think this will allow me to enjoy it more!

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

It sounds to me like EA wanted the DLC to be exclusively on Origin. Steam did not like this at all knowing it would directly pull some people away to a competing platform. Is this the first time there is exclusive DLC? I know there have been exclusive preorder bonuses, but those are just small, free things added in not DLC that has a price and money involved. It's possible Steam already had these rules, but there wasn't any exclusive DLC before.

I really hope we don't get to a point where every publisher has their own platform you have to use to buy and play their games. Not only would you need many logins, but you also have to trust all those companies will remove DRM if they go out of business and keep the downloads available years after release. I wish there was some nonprofit industry organization that ran an open platform that all publishers used. That way none of them get an advantage and gamers only have to worry about one platform.

James00715

With that in mind, although DLC is a slightly different story, Valve doesn't release any of their games on any other platform but Steam, right?