This topic is locked from further discussion.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

Can someone pro and con these for me? They're roughly the same price in the sale and Im looking for something a bit different.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#2 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I haven't played WOTR, but I can say that Chivalry is great fun, it has a fantastic melee combat system and the Team Objective mode is a lot of fun. They also just released a huge patch for it that fixes most of the bugs on launch.

I'd recommend the game to pretty much anyone and everyone at this point, its probably my favoruite multiplayer game this year. I believe the one area that WOTR has it beat is customization however, Chivalry has none while it is extensive in WOTR.

Watch this video for a detailed comparison of the two games:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Q7FETIxZw&feature=g-high-rec

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
One is dead, the other isn't, should give you an idea. The answer would be, not Chivalry, for the question "Is Chivalry dead?".
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Both are online only if I'm not mistaken, WOTR can be played in FP and TP while Chivalry is only FP. I was in the same boat as you deciding which one to buy, which I'm gonna get Chivalry sometime this weekend. If you need more help on deciding which one to pick watch Side Strifes video commentary on both of them.

WOTR

Chivalry

Lu-Kang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lu-Kang
Member since 2007 • 1010 Posts

Both are online only if I'm not mistaken, WOTR can be played in FP and TP while Chivalry is only FP. I was in the same boat as you deciding which one to buy, which I'm gonna get Chivalry sometime this weekend. If you need more help on deciding which one to pick watch Side Strifes video commentary on both of them.

WOTR

Chivalry

Ballroompirate
Chivalry is 3rd person too, but 1st is much better imo.
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Everyone should have at least some chivalry...

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

War of the Roses has better archery and other ranged attacks. It also has mounted combat, which Chivalry doesn't have.

Chivalry has better melee, and the game has better and more creative maps and game modes.

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts
If you wanna get a taste for chivalry download age of chivalry the free mod that it's based off of. Probably very similar to the retail release.
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
WOTR is basically like a watered down version of Mount & Blade, Chivalry is its own game. Chivalry is easier to get into but harder to master: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llnRxtazljg&hd=1&t=7m32s
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

i've played both games and Chivalry is the one to get