Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 GoodKingMog
Member since 2015 • 167 Posts

@Pedro said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The mouse and keyboard controls are horrific.

The controller isn't better.

yes it is.... it is significantly better for this game....

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#52 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69692 Posts

@goodkingmog said:

Ok, then the controls for the game sucks. :)

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@Byshop said:
@FelipeInside said:

Yeah but my point is, wouldn't it be easier to create the game at it's highest setting, then lower each asset depending on platform (and requirements)

You're not understanding me. Trust me on this, I work for a software development company and I understand how development projects work.

-Byshop

It's not that I don't trust you, I was just wondering if there was another way where everyone is happy and there isn't a need for downgrading :)

Yes. Spend a lot more money making the game. With unlimited resources and time, anything can be done. The old expression goes there's Fast, there's Cheap (inexpensive), and there's Good. You can pick two.

-Byshop

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#54 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

No shit. Only fanboys were unable to not see that. Now that they have money from Pre orders and people weren't ignoring the downgrade even after the game's release, they've finally decided address this issue. He's still dodging some questions though. "PC devs", yeah right,,, not anymore. Just like most other multiplats, Witcher 3 is targeted for lowest common denominator. It's Xbox One game primarily.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Pedro said:
@goodkingmog said:

I'm playing fine with KB/MS.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

No shit. Only fanboys were unable to not see that. Now that they have money from Pre orders and people weren't ignoring the downgrade even after the game's release, they've finally decided address this issue. He's still dodging some questions though. "PC devs", yeah right,,, not anymore. Just like most other multiplats, Witcher 3 is targeted for lowest common denominator. It's Xbox One game primarily.

huh?

bashing CD for promotional scenes from unfinished concept using their first version of an engine that was not even ready for the open road created back in 2013. Now people are going boohoo that the highly rendered promotional scenes that is not in the final product. Anyone remember Crysis what they showed us before the game released and after? No one threw a fit..... Fact is if they were to give us the quality that was shown in 2013, no body would be able to run the game well enough and people would still complain.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@Pedro said:
@goodkingmog said:

I'm playing fine with KB/MS.

Me too. I'm playing with an old Dell L100 keyboard and an old MS Intellimouse Optical 1.1A.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By FelipeInside

@04dcarraher said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Anyone remember Crysis what they showed us before the game released and after? No one threw a fit.....

Actually, the whole internet threw a fit at that Crysis footage vs final engine.

I think the complaints are just because people are getting tired of shown one thing, and then delivered another.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Cloud_imperium

@FelipeInside said:
@04dcarraher said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Anyone remember Crysis what they showed us before the game released and after? No one threw a fit.....

Actually, the whole internet threw a fit at that Crysis footage vs final engine.

I think the complaints are just because people are getting tired of shown one thing, and then delivered another.

Crysis still looked impressive. Witcher 3 doesn't even look like a same game anymore. Even its art style is changed and it's a lot more colorful like a painting. It's like they scraped the old art style that was faithful to first two games because it was "too depressing" for younger audiences. Not to mention number of NPCs.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@FelipeInside said:
@04dcarraher said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Crysis still looked impressive. Witcher 3 doesn't even look like a same game anymore. Even its art style is changed and it's a lot more colorful like a painting. It's like they scraped the old art style that was faithful to first two games because it was "too depressing" for younger audiences. Not to mention number of NPCs.

They made some improvements to the visuals and the npc count has been raised from what I hear.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@04dcarraher said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

huh?

bashing CD for promotional scenes from unfinished concept using their first version of an engine that was not even ready for the open road created back in 2013. Now people are going boohoo that the highly rendered promotional scenes that is not in the final product. Anyone remember Crysis what they showed us before the game released and after? No one threw a fit..... Fact is if they were to give us the quality that was shown in 2013, no body would be able to run the game well enough and people would still complain.

They said some of the lighting could not be done with good performance in an open world unless there was directx 12 implemented.

Maybe they will add it in with a DX12 patch like the rumors are saying.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 FelipeInside

@Cloud_imperium said:
@FelipeInside said:
@04dcarraher said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

True, I get that sense of 'painting' when I'm out in the open.

Game looks great, but I would have preferred the dark style you mention, since the tone of the actual story telling is so dark as well.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Cloud_imperium

@04dcarraher said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

huh?

The game looks worse than 35 min gameplay video and they said it'll look as good as VGX. Relax.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59064 Posts

Ubisoft was crucified for it. Both the media, as well as gamers.

Watchdogs

Even if only a few people even read this little post, I'd like to spread that this game could be getting reduced from its initial showing, because I'm frankly tired of Ubisoft pulling this. They've done this before Watch Dogs, with Far Cry 3, and I don't suspect it will be their last time doing it.

http://tay.kotaku.com/looks-like-the-division-could-be-getting-a-downgrade-1595202960

Witcher 3

Point one: A game’s visuals and graphics technology do matter.

Point two: It’s unreasonable for anyone to expect a game not to change while in development

http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-downgrade-controversy-sucks-1705882405

Now all of a sudden if you call a spade a spade you are "crying", "boo hoo" and other attempts at derogatory remarks in order to try dismiss it.

Crytek as well, Crysis 2, completely ripped apart by gamers for it's console centric focus.

nigeriaforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 nigeriaforlife
Member since 2015 • 153 Posts

If our lives mattered this would have not been an issue.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

I'm usually pretty critical of a games graphical detail, but the Witcher 3 looks great, and the foliage definitely is not 2010 at all. It looks great imo.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

They better get it fixed, a lie is a lie. Regardless of how harmless it may be.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Byshop  Moderator

@RyviusARC said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

They made some improvements to the visuals and the npc count has been raised from what I hear.

That comparison shot makes it look pretty significant, although there are a few other factors like the current version shot appears to be taken at a different time of day and the sunlight is certainly washing out some of the color (the sunlight effects are pretty cool in this game). Still, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw either some official or unofficial mods/patches that bring the game back to closer to what the E3 demo looked like.

@gwynnblade said:

It's hardly a "lie". Early versions of game footage always come with the caveat that what are you seeing may not be what the final game looks like. Sometimes that means the game will look better, which people rarely complain about. Sometimes that means that the game will not look as good. Companies make the best game they can with the resources and time available to them. It's up to the consumer to decide whether or not they want to buy the final product. These days with video reviews, Let's Play videos, Twitch streams, etc consumers have even more ways to know if they will like their purchase.

-Byshop

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

@Byshop said:

@gwynnblade said:

It's hardly a "lie". Early versions of game footage always come with the caveat that what are you seeing may not be what the final game looks like. Sometimes that means the game will look better, which people rarely complain about. Sometimes that means that the game will not look as good. Companies make the best game they can with the resources and time available to them. It's up to the consumer to decide whether or not they want to buy the final product. These days with video reviews, Let's Play videos, Twitch streams, etc consumers have even more ways to know if they will like their purchase.

-Byshop

I'm aware of that fact. What actually bugs me is that, they themselves admitted that the final version will be better and will be like God-tier or something. They raised our expectations even when they knew the reality was going to be different. It's that practice that I'm against.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Byshop  Moderator

@gwynnblade said:
@Byshop said:
@gwynnblade said:

-Byshop

I'm aware of that fact. What actually bugs me is that, they themselves admitted that the final version will be better and will be like God-tier or something. They raised our expectations even when they knew the reality was going to be different. It's that practice that I'm against.

When was that?

-Byshop

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#72  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17827 Posts

I think people need to chill and not give in to hype and stop pre-ordering games. Wait until it is finished and then decide if it is worth it. The developers want to make the best game possible within the time and budget that is allocated. The game got delayed as well for polish and optimization. It's obvious the developer was trying their best to deliver good graphics while still making the game functional. The game is amazing. Enjoy it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pedro

@Cloud_imperium said:

Crysis does not look impressive and has not for a while now. People keep brainlessly defaulting to a game that has aged. Crysis 2 looks better than Crysis. And don't try posting modded versions of the game to prove your point because it will actually prove that the original game is no longer impressive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Crysis does not look impressive and has not for a while now. People keep brainlessly defaulting to a game that has aged. Crysis 2 looks better than Crysis. And don't try posting modded versions of the game to prove your point because it will actually prove that the original game is no longer impressive.

I think he was saying crysis LOOKED impressive at release, and the W3 does not. I agree with him on the art style change, it looked better in the trailers. I think them changing the art style/colors is really why people are not happy with it. Looked better more gritty.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@JustPlainLucas said:
@doozie78 said:

Oh my god, people are still bitching about graphics? Let it go.

I've only used the kb+m controls and it feels just fine to me, quick and accurate as usual.

They will always bitch about graphics. It's what validates most of their existences.

Who are you referring to as THEY and THEIR?

Those people who bitch about graphics? I thought that was pretty clear.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Cloud_imperium

@Pedro said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

"looked impressive"

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Cloud_imperium
@Byshop said:
@gwynnblade said:
@Byshop said:
@gwynnblade said:

-Byshop

When was that?

-Byshop

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@FelipeInside said:
@04dcarraher said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

True, I get that sense of 'painting' when I'm out in the open.

Game looks great, but I would have preferred the dark style you mention, since the tone of the actual story telling is so dark as well.

Witcher 3 is not as dark as the first two games. At least, that's what I gather from playing 20 hours of it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Pedro

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Pedro said:

"looked impressive"

How is Crysis relevant to the discussion then?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@Pedro said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Pedro said:

"looked impressive"

How is Crysis relevant to the discussion then?

Don't ask me. Ask the guy who mentioned it first and I replied.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#81 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59064 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Byshop said:
@gwynnblade said:
@Byshop said:
@gwynnblade said:

-Byshop

When was that?

-Byshop

And yet, people still defend this shit.

It is, of course, partly due to media influence.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@FelipeInside said:

Like always, consoles ruin PC games.

Congrats for ignoring this part.

“If the consoles are not involved there is no Witcher 3.”

Oh yes, it's so ruined now. No game would be better indeed.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Pedro

@Cloud_imperium said:

Forgive me then, I have a tendency of cleaning up the quotes and I responded to your comment out of context.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

I couldn't care less about a slight reduction in graphics, which make no mistake, is all it is. That's the issue these days. People always want that 10% edge, you then take it for granted, then expect more. Learn to appreciate what you have and what others have made. Accept necessary compromises and you'll be happier in life overall.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By FelipeInside

@nethernova said:
@FelipeInside said:

Like always, consoles ruin PC games.

Congrats for ignoring this part.

“If the consoles are not involved there is no Witcher 3.”

Oh yes, it's so ruined now. No game would be better indeed.

Maybe ruin wasn't the correct work, it's more like "held back". Anyway, as I explained before, it's not so much about the technical downgrade (less draw distance, less NPCs etc), it's more about the change in art direction. Witcher games have always been dark and grey in both their story telling and setting, and the initial 2013 footage showed this, but the final game is all colorful like a painting, even the swamps are vibrant, this doesn't correlate with the story and the past games.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the game immensely, it's great....I just see what it could (should) have been.

@cyborg100000 said:

I couldn't care less about a slight reduction in graphics, which make no mistake, is all it is.

It's not just the graphics people are complaining about, see my post above.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BassMan

This game is very demanding to run with the current graphics. So, you can't just blame the consoles as the reason it doesn't look as good as it did in the old previews. If the game was just scaled down for consoles, it would easily run on PC with lots of performance to spare. That is not the case here. They scaled it down for all platforms because the engine was not capable to handle what they had hoped for. CDPR are PC gamers. They wouldn't want to hold back the PC version. They simply were unable to achieve the level of optimization that was necessary for the crazy graphics. Hopefully there are more optimizations in the future and the game will continue to improve. The game still looks good overall.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Cloud_imperium

@Pedro said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Forgive me then, I have a tendency of cleaning up the quotes and I responded to your comment out of context.

No prob :-)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@BassMan said:

This game is very demanding to run with the current graphics. So, you can't just blame the consoles as the reason it doesn't look as good as it did in the old previews. If the game was just scaled down for consoles, it would easily run on PC with lots of performance to spare. That is not the case here. They scaled it down for all platforms because the engine was not capable to handle what they had hoped for. CDPR are PC gamers. They wouldn't want to hold back the PC version. They simply were unable to achieve the level of optimization that was necessary for the crazy graphics. Hopefully there are more optimizations in the future and the game will continue to improve. The game still looks good overall.

Maybe they can make a "true to workstation quality" for those with god boxes version and price it accordingly.....$120. ;-)

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17833 Posts

@FelipeInside: for witcher 1 yes. that was dar accross the board.

i just finished witcher 2 recently though and it is quite a rich and colourful game. even the pee stain of a town that is flotsam is a very pretty pee stain :P.

from what i have played of witcher 3 so far (and im just getting started really in fairness) it very much reminds me of witcher 2. visually speaking it looks like witcher 2 after modders have gotten their hands on it and a very well done enb injector has been implemented.

i think the game is very nice looking overall.

on the broader subject though i think developers are going to have to stop showing games so early during development. i have no doubt CDPR had everything shown up and running in real time and they had every intention to deliver that....until the realities of delivering such a game set in.

its not like FMVs in the olden days. we knew when we saw FF trailes full of FMV that those werent what the game was going to look like in game for example. a PS1 was not going to render those kind of graphics in real time.

but the early footage of W3 and watchdogs and such like....these can be done. we do have the hardware to pull it off (albeit itll cost a fortune). so when we see a game being demonstrated with those visuals and tech we think " why not? its doable". any downgrade from that just leads to dissapointment.

so imho developers need to hold off on the games reveal, at least of gameplay, until they know they can deliver what they are demonstrating. if they find ways of upgrading it later in development then all the better...thats always good PR.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Pedro

@osan0 said:

but the early footage of W3 and watchdogs and such like....these can be done. we do have the hardware to pull it off (albeit itll cost a fortune). so when we see a game being demonstrated with those visuals and tech we think " why not? its doable". any downgrade from that just leads to dissapointment.

so imho developers need to hold off on the games reveal, at least of gameplay, until they know they can deliver what they are demonstrating. if they find ways of upgrading it later in development then all the better...thats always good PR.

Agreed

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@BassMan said:

It's actually not that demanding.

If you turn off nvidia hairworks, it's a much easier game to run.

--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts

Oh! what's the point....everything is geared to the no skill console players. MONEY trumps all. To bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

@--Anna-- said:

Oh! what's the point....everything is geared to the no skill console players. MONEY trumps all. To bad.

no skill console players? I went from being a console only gamer to a pc gamer and fail to see how pc games take more skill. You guys really are pathetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

This may be one of the best RPG's ever released and all anyone can do is complain about the graphics. Sad day for gaming. The game is awesome and CDPR is releasing patches to improve the graphics/gameplay etc.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#95 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

It's a fantastic game, who cares if the graphics were downgraded, which I expected they would be. The game still looks great, even on the xone which I'm currently playing it on.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By FelipeInside

@ferrari2001 said:

It's a fantastic game, who cares if the graphics were downgraded, which I expected they would be. The game still looks great, even on the xone which I'm currently playing it on.

Dudeeeeeee...why did you get it on Xbone? Why not PC?

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#97 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@ferrari2001 said:

I've been playing my xbox more and more. I got tired of sitting in my desk chair, especially after long work days and I just want the couch. I never could justify buying games for the xbox 360, but the xbox one has enough capabilities now that I'm willing to play more games on it. Both are different experiences and both are equally enjoyable.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 FelipeInside

@ferrari2001 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@ferrari2001 said:

I've been playing my xbox more and more. I got tired of sitting in my desk chair, especially after long work days and I just want the couch. I never could justify buying games for the xbox 360, but the xbox one has enough capabilities now that I'm willing to play more games on it. Both are different experiences and both are equally enjoyable.

Fair enough, it's just that framerate, lol.....

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 BassMan

@ferrari2001 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@ferrari2001 said:

You should hook up your PC to your TV and use your Xbox controller.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@FelipeInside said:
@04dcarraher said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Have you even played TW3? It's just as colorful as TW2. I don't know why people seem to think TW2 was a dark game, it wasn't, especially Flotsam. Also, the subject matter of the quests is a hell of a lot darker content wise than anything in TW1 or TW2. As a matter of fact, the entire atmosphere of TW3 is a hell of a lot more "depressing" than the first two games. They clearly didn't do it for younger audiences. Maybe play the game before bashing it.