Blizzard's Recent Games are Lacking Visually To Me

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LeadnSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LeadnSteel
Member since 2009 • 371 Posts

Most of the recent games they made have outdated graphic engines. Wow Is loosing popularity and is outdated now, Starcraft 2 wasn't much of an improvment graphically. The upcomming Diablo 3 looks like it is from 2005(and also I don't feel interested enough to buy it) I wonder how long this company is going to survive? After Diablo 3 what else do they really have?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

2 Things about ur post:

1) Get some glasses if you think Diablo 3 looks from 2005 or if WoW/SC2 look bad graphically.

2) Graphics don't make a game.

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

WoW actually looks pretty good for an MMO, it has a very unique and pretty art style that has held up over the years. It's not dropping subs due to the graphics either, but due to the gameplay changes (world of quecraft/citycraft) but apparently Mists of Pandaria is going to get the players back into the world so expect the subscribers to rise again, maybe not peak at a all time high but who knows.

as for diablo 3...it looks good.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside

WoW actually looks pretty good for an MMO, it has a very unique and pretty art style that has held up over the years. It's not dropping subs due to the graphics either, but due to the gameplay changes (world of quecraft/citycraft) but apparently Mists of Pandaria is going to get the players back into the world so expect the subscribers to rise again, maybe not peak at a all time high but who knows.

XileLord

Whatcha mean?

I really feel like subscribing again to check out this expansion. It seems it's trying to bring back the mystical feel and exploration of Vanilla WoW.

Beetroot502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Beetroot502
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

They are primarly a PC developer, and if they make a game that only people with high end PCs can run, they will miss a lot of potential money.

And so what if the graphics aren't impressive? Games like Metro 2033 and Crysis 2 look phenomenal but are incredibly boring (to me).

What else do they have left? Titan, Diablo expansions, SC expansions...future WC titles...

WizardGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WizardGlass
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

2 Things about ur post:

1) Get some glasses if you think Diablo 3 looks from 2005 or if WoW/SC2 look bad graphically.

FelipeInside
uh.... ive played the beta.... diablo 3 does look like it was made in 2005. company of heroes was made in 2006 and it looks far superior...... Sacred 2 was released 2 years ago and it looks far superior. blizzard has never made visually stunning games. infact, they intentionally make dated looking games so that they can run on a wide variety of hardware.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

2 Things about ur post:

WizardGlass

uh.... ive played the beta.... diablo 3 does look like it was made in 2005. company of heroes was made in 2006 and it looks far superior...... Sacred 2 was released 2 years ago and it looks far superior. blizzard has never made visually stunning games. infact, they intentionally make dated looking games so that they can run on a wide variety of hardware.

Really? I've seen HD gameplay videos and it looks great. (imo)

PS: Sacred 2 is 4 years old. Time flies, lol...

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#8 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
The beta graphics with Diablo 3 were okay. But who cares when its this much fun?!
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="XileLord"]

FelipeInside

Whatcha mean?

I really feel like subscribing again to check out this expansion. It seems it's trying to bring back the mystical feel and exploration of Vanilla WoW.

during catacylsm no one leaves the capital cities because they just insta queue for everything.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Because they're smart developers. Crysis sold horribly because sure, it looked great, but no one was confident they could run the damn thing. Blizzard makes games that are visually unique and run great on a wide array of hardware = more sales.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

XileLord
Where did you hear that Panderia is is going to get players back into the world?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="XileLord"]

Meinhard1
Where did you hear that Panderia is is going to get players back into the world?

It's his assumption/guess, which I agree with.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="Meinhard1"][QUOTE="XileLord"]

FelipeInside

not a guess, the developers spoke about doing away with queues because it took all of the mmo out of mmo-rpg.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
I personally, for one, agree.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Meinhard1"] Where did you hear that Panderia is is going to get players back into the world?GummiRaccoon

not a guess, the developers spoke about doing away with queues because it took all of the mmo out of mmo-rpg.

Doing away with quests? Did I miss something?
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] It's his assumption/guess, which I agree with.FelipeInside

QUEUES

Not quests

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

QUEUES

Not quests

Ahahaahahhahahaha. Sorry, read wrong. Must be cause I started at 4am and am on a 13 hour shift.
xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

They scale back graphics to make the games more accessible.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Crysis sold horribly NAPK1NS

3.5 million sales is horrible??

Also Blizzard's games look great. Diablo 3 looks fantastic and so does SC2. MoP is bringing in new visuals for WoW. I'd like it to not perform like sh*t for high end machines though. Only time I'll get near 60FPS with my setup is when I'm staring at a damn wall. Had better performance with a weaker machine back during WotLK and TBC.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Crysis sold horribly ChubbyGuy40

3.5 million sales is horrible??

Also Blizzard's games look great. Diablo 3 looks fantastic and so does SC2. MoP is bringing in new visuals for WoW. I'd like it to not perform like sh*t for high end machines though. Only time I'll get near 60FPS with my setup is when I'm staring at a damn wall. Had better performance with a weaker machine back during WotLK and TBC.

That's cause WoW had less graphics back then. It has been updated heaps with Cataclysm.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Starcraft 2 looks fantastic in my opinion, specially if you enable SSAO. I haven't played Diablo III but the game looks pretty good on videos.

Klipsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Klipsh
Member since 2012 • 608 Posts

I think Blizzard games maxed out look awesome. On low they look bad, but that's how they make the game run on such low spec pcs.

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#23 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

They aren't technical graphic games, but they more make up for it with the art design and im very fine with that.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14813 Posts

They certaintly aren't that realistic but I find their games to be "pretty". It's not like they're bad looking games.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I'm a graphics whore and I think Diablo 3 looks damn good. You can't go around comparing Crysis 1 to DIablo 3 or whatever. Diablo 3, a Blizzard game, aims for art style first, not so much technical prowess. They want to ensure that many people with computers from all walks of life could play their game. Oh btw, Starcraft 2 looks great. I don't understand...
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

Blizzard games are never tech powerhouses. They aren't meant to be. They are meant to run smooth on a wide range of different machines. Also, Blizzard games go for a specific style in their graphics, that makes them look good even 10 years later (WC3 still looks great in my eyes for example). Starcraft 2 boasts some good effects and detail, but anyone who sais it looks better than other RTS powerhouse games, needs a new pair of glasses.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="XileLord"]

GummiRaccoon

Whatcha mean?

during catacylsm no one leaves the capital cities because they just insta queue for everything.

Cataclysm is what made people go into the world actually, what you're talking about is WotlK where 3-4 people at most were in every region and the rest were in Dalaran, Orgrimmar or Stormwind, now on two realms that I have characters there are about 12-25 players in each zone and of course the rest where you'd expect them, except Dalaran.

They look fine, SC 2 looks way better than you're giving it credit and Diablo 3 is quite visually pleasing, effects are better than some of the names thrown around here, like Sacred 2 and especially CoH, they're beautiful.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

2 Things about ur post:

FelipeInside

no its actually prettyu lousy and starcraft II looked like an rts done in unreal engine 3 on high - off-max

meanwhile d3 looks to be borrowing d2's engine XD

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#29 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

From the footage I've seen of Diablo III, it's a pretty good-looking game. Very nice effects and environments.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Blizzard games were never visually stunning, they had really good art styles to cover up the lack of details. WC3 or WoW is probably their best looking game (when it launched) all things considered. D1 + D2 were actually visually behind when they dropped.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts
I agree...crappy graphics. You would hope they could come out with something more scalable to use our crazy video cards these days.
ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts
They want more people to be able to play their games. It's a smart buisness stratagy.
Avatar image for deactivated-5916f7dd7b7db
deactivated-5916f7dd7b7db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5916f7dd7b7db
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts
gameplay >>> graphics, always
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#34 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I think WoW looks great. Every expansion it's gradually been updated visually. Some of the older textures and models could do with updating but other than that I think it still looks good.

cboyuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#35 cboyuno
Member since 2007 • 647 Posts

I can't agree simply from the standpoint that blizzard has never let me down.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2384 Posts

Diablo 3 looks pretty sweet to me. Starcraft 2 looks very dated giving that it is less than a year old. WoW is an old game and it shows.

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

Diablo 3 looks pretty sweet to me. Starcraft 2 looks very dated giving that it is less than a year old. WoW is an old game and it shows.

fenriz275

I don't think starcraft 2 looks bad. I think it just has questionable art direction. The bad unit scale gives it a sort of cartoony feeling.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="fenriz275"]

xLittlekillx

I don't think starcraft 2 looks bad. I think it just has questionable art direction. The bad unit scale gives it a sort of cartoony feeling.

You can attribute that to blizzard's decision to cater to esports, every aspect of the visual design was geared towards better servicing that crowd.

LeadnSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LeadnSteel

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

2 Things about ur post:

ionusX

no its actually prettyu lousy and starcraft II looked like an rts done in unreal engine 3 on high - off-max

Yup. I take back about Starcraft 2 it is their best looking game when maxed, but why do they wait so long to release these? Starcraft 2 12 years after 1, Diablo 3 same thing.

LeadnSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LeadnSteel

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

2 Things about ur post:

LeadnSteel

Yup. I take back about Starcraft 2 it is their best looking game when maxed, but why do they wait so long to release these? Starcraft 2 12 years after 1, Diablo 3 same thing. I know graphics don't make a game, but both my friend and I just don't like the way Diablo 3 looks.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

Whatcha mean?

DanielDust

Cataclysm is what made people go into the world actually, what you're talking about is WotlK where 3-4 people at most were in every region and the rest were in Dalaran, Orgrimmar or Stormwind, now on two realms that I have characters there are about 12-25 players in each zone and of course the rest where you'd expect them, except Dalaran.

They look fine, SC 2 looks way better than you're giving it credit and Diablo 3 is quite visually pleasing, effects are better than some of the names thrown around here, like Sacred 2 and especially CoH, they're beautiful.

You must not have played vanilla or BC. Lowbies leveling is not the same thing as people being out in the world.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

2 Things about ur post:

LeadnSteel

Yup. I take back about Starcraft 2 it is their best looking game when maxed, but why do they wait so long to release these? Starcraft 2 12 years after 1, Diablo 3 same thing.

Because they didn't use to have different development teams, now they do. Well other than blizzard north doing diablo 2.

The guys that worked on warcraft worked on warcraft 2, who worked on starcraft who worked on WoW and then were going to work on diablo 3

Now they have a team for RTS, RPG and MMO.

So you can expect to see more games from them in the future instead of only WoW for 6 consecutive years.

Obviously they will have some guys work on mutliple genres like the higher ups.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

You must not have played vanilla or BC. Lowbies leveling is not the same thing as people being out in the world.

Oh really, you read minds? 85 being lowbies is news to me, I also like how you totally ignored the contradiction of your statement (WotlK).

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"] Cataclysm is what made people go into the world actually, what you're talking about is WotlK where 3-4 people at most were in every region and the rest were in Dalaran, Orgrimmar or Stormwind, now on two realms that I have characters there are about 12-25 players in each zone and of course the rest where you'd expect them, except Dalaran.

DanielDust

Oh really, you read minds? 85 being lowbies is news to me, I also like how you totally ignored the contradiction of your statement (WotlK).

How is LK a contradiction of my statement?

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DanielDust

WotlK is what made people stay in 3 places, Orgrimmar, Stormwind and Dalaran, Cataclysm i what made people actually go around (which you say it didn't and even if they did they're just leveling), since you had to cover your arse with something you went "oh yeah? yeah? well you haven't played vanilla or TBC then", in case you haven't noticed it's been quite a while since those days, the world actually moved on (besides Cataclysm is more "spread out" than on TBC).

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#46 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Well it makes up for it in gameplay and being well optimize.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

klusps

how does wow have good gameplay.. its basically the same as dozens of other games.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GummiRaccoon

WotlK is what made people stay in 3 places, Orgrimmar, Stormwind and Dalaran, Cataclysm i what made people actually go around (which you say it didn't and even if they did they're just leveling), since you had to cover your arse with something you went "oh yeah? yeah? well you haven't played vanilla or TBC then", in case you haven't noticed it's been quite a while since those days, the world actually moved on (besides Cataclysm is more "spread out" than on TBC).

DanielDust

You know that blizzard has publicly stated that LK and cataclysm has ruined world exploration right? Flying mounts and insta-queues to everything someone wants made it so that no one ever had to interact with the opposing faction.

More people ARE NOT out in the world with cataclysm, stated by blizzard themselves, who has access to all the data. They attribute this to queueing. They also have stated that flying mounts everywhere has decreased world pvp significantly.

Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

THey are not impressive, but they look good and the games are optimized.

Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

[QUOTE="klusps"]

ionusX

how does wow have good gameplay.. its basically the same as dozens of other games.

...that were relesed after World of Warcraft.