Blizzard and The Devil

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Rylsadar
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts

Why is "Blizzard" so famous? I always had a strange feeling with this company.When their first release came out(Warcraft),it was entirely criticized for various technical problems related to the gameplay.It had a normal fictional story,humans between orcs making war...But the game didn't attract any player.Then they released "Diablo",hated by most game reviewers it didn't accomplish the primordial objective(Selling).Then something incomprehensible happened,for some strange reason "Diablo" was considered a classic!! What the?! I bought the game thinking twice! Following this,"Warcraft 2" appears with an improvised game structure combined with better graphics and music.I've always thinked it didn't have anything out of this world,but it sold as hell.Then "Starcraft",with the same formula but with a different universe,becomes the top reference of strategy games.It had an exquisite online gameplay,but i was bored in a month.All of a sudden,"Blizzard" becomes one of the most riches companies of the world.Plus add that "Diablo 2" and "Warcraft 3" made them the first world order in terms of money and glory.They sold so much copies,they even surpassed the world wide selling video game "The Sims".I thought that they would reveal further releases based upon their original storys.Misteriously they announced a "MMORPG" based upon the "Warcraft" universe.Blasted gloom!!!! How did they do all of this?! Making money on an unstoppable motion!! The only thing i've realized,is that they made a pact with "The Devil" to become the most famous and richest company of the entire world! Why the hell did "Bill Roper" say that there were strange things happening in "Blizzard"?!

Menfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Menfear
Member since 2004 • 1068 Posts
What are you talking about? What "The devil", grow up. They made good games, and afterwards soled them, marketing is all they made "pact with".
Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rylsadar

Im just saying that other companies make the same products,but for some odd reason they don't sell as "Blizzard".

FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 FlaminDeath
Member since 2004 • 4181 Posts

Im just saying that other companies make the same products,but for some odd reason they don't sell as "Blizzard".

Rylsadar
Well if they have 3 game series and they sell so well theres no reason to make a new one quite yet. Ain't broke don't fix it. And Blizzard sells so well because everyone trusts them to make good games.
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts

It is quite obvious you don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. Every single one of your "facts" are incorrect. I'll just point one out...

"Then they released "Diablo",hated by most game reviewers "

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/diablo

94% -"Universal Acclaim"

"it didn't accomplish the primordial objective(Selling)."

It sold2.5 MILLION copies...

In fact, Blizzard has 8 games (including expansions) that are on the ALL TIME BEST SELLING GAMES list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#Top_PC_sellers_by_genre

Again, you are very very clueless and have absolutely ZERO idea what you are talking about.

*edit*

Make that 9 games, I forgot about Starcraft, which sold 9.5 MILLION games.

kutty12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kutty12000
Member since 2003 • 1169 Posts
No the devil has nothing to do with it. Blizzard just makes exquisitely polished games. Diablo hated by most game reviewers? What are you talking about? About Warcraft I'm not too sure how much the critics liked it, but it's a solid game.
DarkTripleZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DarkTripleZ
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

If they ever made a pact - it was a pact with Diablo. btw, I hate Sims - really hate Sims. But Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo are different things. They are what made a gamer, a gamer.

Warcraft 3 took years, and it already was an anticipated game. I don't know where you got Diablo as one of the most hated games - but it WAS a classic. And I still like it.

Show me one company who does the same types of games as Blizzard and does it better, then I'll agree.

Menfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Menfear
Member since 2004 • 1068 Posts
NCsoft, Arenanet - Guild Wars :DD
Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rylsadar

Diablo hated by most game reviewers? What are you talking about?kutty12000

I assure you "kuty12000",that "Diablo" was hated and ignored by almost every game reviewer back in the old days! Yeah,today "Diablo" is a freaking classic,but back then it was considered a piece of crap by most reviewers!!!! Trust me,i have no need for lying.Try searching for old reviews of "Diablo".

Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lidve
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

LIST OF GAMES BY BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT

RPM Racing 1991 racing game
The Lost Vikings 1992 platform game
Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye 1993 puzzle game
Rock N' Roll Racing 1993 racing game
Blackthorne 1994 cinematic platform game
The Death and Return of Superman 1994 side-scrolling beat 'em up
Warcraft: Orcs & Humans 1994 fantasy real-time strategy game
The Lost Vikings II 1995 platform game
Justice League Task Force 1995 fighting game
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness 1995 fantasy real-time strategy game
Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal 1996 expansion pack
Diablo 1996 action-oriented computer role-playing game
StarCraft 1998 science fiction real-time strategy game
StarCraft: Brood War 1998 expansion pack
Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition 1999 fantasy real-time strategy game
Diablo II 2000 action-oriented RPG
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction 2001 expansion pack
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos 2002 fantasy real-time strategy game
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne 2003 expansion pack
World of Warcraft 2004 MMORPG set in the Warcraft universe
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade 2007 expansion set for World of Warcraft

StarCraft II Under development science fiction real-time strategy game
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Under development expansion set for World of Warcraft
StarCraft: Ghost

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dnuggs40

[QUOTE="kutty12000"]Diablo hated by most game reviewers? What are you talking about?Rylsadar

I assure you "kuty12000",that "Diablo" was hated and ignored by almost every game reviewer back in the old days! Yeah,today "Diablo" is a freaking classic,but back then it was considered a piece of crap by most reviewers!!!! Trust me,i have no need for lying.Try searching for old reviews of "Diablo".

Haha...dummy

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/diablo/review.html

9.6 (and this is from 1997)

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=128295

Rated: A (from 1997 as well)

Should I continue?

Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lidve

First of all,before u diss something,learn about it.

Warcraft is not first Blizzard game.Not even close.Diablo crap?Diablo is revolution.

Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rylsadar

Haha...dummy

Should I continue?

dnuggs40

Mmm,pathetic fool,look at the "US" release date:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/data/11255.html

The review of "Gamespot" is based on the european release!!!!! 1997!!!! not 1996!!!!!! One year,one difference,one fact and one conclusion,you're an immature piece of an unstoppable movement!

Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rylsadar
Should i proceed?
1ZeroReapeR1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 1ZeroReapeR1
Member since 2003 • 5787 Posts

Wow.. that was a waste of my time. Who the heck cares if they made great games or not, In yoursurperior opinion :roll: . Grow up.

kutty12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kutty12000
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

Haha...dummy

Should I continue?

Rylsadar

The review of "Gamespot" is based on the european release!!!!! 1997!!!! not 1996!!!!!! One year,one difference,one fact and one conclusion,you're an immature piece of an unstoppable movement!

It was 'ignored' for two months, doesn't prove your point that they made a pact with the devil or whatever. That's still got me laughing, a pact with the devil, suuuuuure. And I remember Diablo 1 being great even back in the day. And what other company makes games as good as Blizzard's ?
Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rylsadar
First of all,before u diss something,learn about it.

Warcraft is not first Blizzard game.Not even close.Diablo crap?Diablo is revolution.Lidve

Im not in the mood for a childish console crap,i have no need of knowing all these previous games mentioned...

Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lidve

Should i proceed?Rylsadar

No,because u are still ignoring my post.

U said wc is first blizzard game.Its not.

kutty12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kutty12000
The Lost Vikings is a PC game and challenging(I think) too.
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dnuggs40
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

Haha...dummy

Should I continue?

Rylsadar

Good lord, it was released on 11/30/96 and the reviews are from 01/01/2007. A MONTH later. Reviews don't work the same like today.

Again, you are absolutely CLUELESS!

No, don't proceed, everytime you post you make yourself look even more foolish.

Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rylsadar

Some Reviews:

"Diablo: Click,kill,end of story"

So,you're in the game store and don't know what to buy.You walk over to the PC game aisle and to your surprise you see a black-and-red box with the name ''Diablo'' printed on it.To buy or not to buy?That is the question.

The Story

Hmmmm...Diablo is not an award-winning game in gameplay,sound,storyline,or anything else.The scenario is that you are a character from who-knows-where.You arrive in a town called Tristram.You have to save its worthless inhabitants from an evil lord,Diablo.Yay...

Gameplay

The gameplay in Diablo is simple.Find an enemy,click on several times until it dies,and pick up anything it drops.The quests in the game are incredibly poorly written.They're exactly the same as regular gameplay.Click,kill,end of quest.This is what you have to do for hours on end.Click,kill,walk.Click,kill,walk.It get very,very annoying after the first ten minutes of play.The town inhabitants idolize you and apparently serve no purpose but to buy and sell items.The little boy named Wirt is particularly irritating.

Graphics

Remember Cyberia?Well,Diablo uses graphics from the same age.Your character is fuzzy,faceless,and just plain ugly.Also,in your inventory,items are detailed and well-drawn.But,when you equip them,it's impossible to tell a dagger from a broad sword.Now that's pathetic.

Sound

Ughhhhh...The sound in Diablo is awful.Monsters make noises which sound remarkably alike.The music is horrible.The dull strains which are the soundtrack sound like elevator music only much worse and with a supposedly dark twist.

Final Thoughts

Please don't waste your money on this game.This game definitely let a lot of people down when Blizzard introduced it.It's supposed to be a RPG,but it fails at that and being a game worth playing.Blizzard's games aren't all this bad.Starcraft and the Warcraft series are both good (but not great) strategy games.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dnuggs40

The Lost Vikings is a PC game and challenging(I think) too. kutty12000

Blackthorn was a PC game as well, and also pretty good.

Rylsadar is just a noob-kid who has no idea what he is talking about...

Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lidve

Starcraft and the Warcraft series are both good (but not great) strategy games. Rylsadar

ANOTHER NONSENCE!

COMPARING DIABLO TO STARCRAFT( WHICH IS RELEASED IN 1998!!!!!!!)

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dnuggs40

Some Reviews:

So,you're in the game store and don't know what to buy.You walk over to the PC game aisle and to your surprise you see a black-and-red box with the name ''Diablo'' printed on it.To buy or not to buy?That is the question.

The Story

Hmmmm...Diablo is not an award-winning game in gameplay,sound,storyline,or anything else.The scenario is that you are a character from who-knows-where.You arrive in a town called Tristram.You have to save its worthless inhabitants from an evil lord,Diablo.Yay...

Gameplay

The gameplay in Diablo is simple.Find an enemy,click on several times until it dies,and pick up anything it drops.The quests in the game are incredibly poorly written.They're exactly the same as regular gameplay.Click,kill,end of quest.This is what you have to do for hours on end.Click,kill,walk.Click,kill,walk.It get very,very annoying after the first ten minutes of play.The town inhabitants idolize you and apparently serve no purpose but to buy and sell items.The little boy named Wirt is particularly irritating.

Graphics

Remember Cyberia?Well,Diablo uses graphics from the same age.Your character is fuzzy,faceless,and just plain ugly.Also,in your inventory,items are detailed and well-drawn.But,when you equip them,it's impossible to tell a dagger from a broad sword.Now that's pathetic.

Sound

Ughhhhh...The sound in Diablo is awful.Monsters make noises which sound remarkably alike.The music is horrible.The dull strains which are the soundtrack sound like elevator music only much worse and with a supposedly dark twist.

Final Thoughts

Please don't waste your money on this game.This game definitely let a lot of people down when Blizzard introduced it.It's supposed to be a RPG,but it fails at that and being a game worth playing.Blizzard's games aren't all this bad.Starcraft and the Warcraft series are both good (but not great) strategy games.

Rylsadar

Starcraft was released in 1998 you noob. This review is BOGUS, just like you and everything you say!

Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rylsadar

Rylsadar is just a noob-kid who has no idea what he is talking about...dnuggs40

Im just glad im not too noob to wander around "Gamespot" with a "Hell gate London" avatar...

Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lidve

Well we all see that this nap is just spitting cr*p.

I dont care if Blizzard is with Devil or smthing,i just dont like when ppl are spreading false information.It is obvious that this review u posted is NOT WRITTEN when diablo came out.Because back than,starcraft DIDNT EXISTED!!!

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dnuggs40

[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]Rylsadar is just a noob-kid who has no idea what he is talking about...Rylsadar

Im just glad im not too noob to wander around "Gamespot" with a "Hell gate London" avatar...

YA...because that actually means anything right? You on the otherhand, have made an absolutely perposterous post chock full of ignorance. Not only that, when people bring your completely ignorant statements to light, and prove without a doubt you don't know what you are talking about, you just come back with some rediculous comment about nothing.

You are the deffinition of a troll.

This thread is over, we have proven without a doubt you are clueless, and now I will leave and not return to this abysmal thread.

On the brightside, you won the "dummy of the day" award! Be proud ;)

Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rylsadar

Some reviews:

Flavio V. gave it a0:
This game is simply awful and extremelly naive! The graphics and gameplay aer totally feable. It is difficult to me to understand why this game received such high ratings. The score about the Devil and hell and its title translated to spanish seems to be a bad taste joke.

kutty12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kutty12000
Lol that review is written by an Blizzard anti-fanboy. You, OP, fit that description nicely.
Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lidve

BAD GRAPHICS?

ITS 1996! FOR GODS SAKE!

SHOW ME OTHER RPG-s from that age and compare them to Diablo!

Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rylsadar
I will leave and not return to this abysmal thread.

On the brightside, you won the "dummy of the day" award! Be proud ;)dnuggs40

No,i don't want you to leave! Stay here,let's exchange our ideas and opinions!

Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lidve

ANSWER ON MY QUESTION TROLL!

kutty12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kutty12000
Easy man, don't feed the troll!
Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rylsadar

Blizzard North was originally an independent company. It was established in 1993 under the name Condor, founded by Max Schaefer, Erich Schaefer, and David Brevik. The company was purchased and renamed by Blizzard about six months before the release of their regular PC game, Diablo, in 1997.

What the?! i thought it was in 1996?! Is the Devil here?

Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lidve

Yes u are right.He almost bite my hand off.I will just let him sleep in his cave

kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kirk4ever
Member since 2005 • 3543 Posts
Rylsadar..every1 has an opinion and we respect yours that you may think blizzard the devil or blizz sucks,,but we dont believe that but respect you so you should also respect our opinion..and personally if i like a game i dont care if it sold 1 copy or 1 million or a review it got 1 or 10 ..if i like it i buy it fin...and diablo is a game that people are still playing daily nearly a decade and there are 10 million wow players and million of war and starcraft players so i dont think 10-20 million ppl choosing to play a game they LIKE are stupid or fools..they just enjoy it so should you :)
Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lidve

BLIZZARD IS NOT JUST BLIZZARD NORTH U IGNORANT TROLL!

Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Rylsadar

Diablo is a dark fantasy-themed action role-playing gamedeveloped by Blizzard North and released by Blizzard Entertainment in March, 1996.

Diablo was released by Blizzard on March 2,1996.With an official announcement Diablo only went gold and into full production on March 13, 1996.

kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kirk4ever

Diablo is a dark fantasy-themed action role-playing gamedeveloped by Blizzard North and released by Blizzard Entertainment in March, 1996.

Diablo was released by Blizzard on March 2,1996.With an official announcement Diablo only went gold and into full production on March 13, 1996.

Rylsadar

hmmph..as i said chill and its a game..and seriously as metallica said SO ******* WHAT?

Goobafish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Goobafish
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
no one is asking you to play their games, they are successful because they are fun thats all there is to it. one of the reasons i think blizzard is really successful is because their games are timeless.. atleast for the warcraft,diablo and starcraft series
dareevil87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dareevil87
Member since 2004 • 160 Posts
lol this rylsadar is the biggest tool i've ever seen
kutty12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kutty12000
So what is Metallica's most disturbing song.
kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kirk4ever

So what is Metallica's most disturbing song. kutty12000

you like it? "change the thread topic buhuhaha" so you like metallica?

kutty12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kutty12000

[QUOTE="kutty12000"]So what is Metallica's most disturbing song. kirk4ever

you like it? "change the thread topic buhuhaha" so you like metallica?

Fan of their older stuff.
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#45 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

Rylsadar

are you a troll, or do you wear a helmet so you don't crack your own skull on a wall?

Cinderwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cinderwolf
Member since 2004 • 30 Posts

Diablo became a classic by giving RGP elements to masses.

It simplified all the complex rgp mechanics, and focused on killing things instead of a heavy storyline... so simple it was, that was appealing and underestandable by everyone, even by the 12 year-old idiots that now plague WoW servers.

This formula was so succesful that countless others(Dacred, Titan Quest, Dungeon siege) tried to copy it with lil success... why lil success? cause diablo was by no means perfect, and instead of fixing those flaws, they copied them aswell(potion fest for instance).

Thats the brief story of why Diablo its considered a classic :)

kutty12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kutty12000
Am I the only one who found Diablo's story interesting. Nothing special, but it was told well with decent characters.
Ed1bleTal2get

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ed1bleTal2get
Member since 2004 • 57 Posts

Some Reviews:

The Story

Gameplay

Graphics

Sound

Final Thoughts

Rylsadar

I googled this quote, its a player review from 2000, almost 2001 actually, you are a retard.

Look familiar? http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/review/R14060.html?rec=2756026076

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58340 Posts

So what is Metallica's most disturbing song. kutty12000

Thats easy...."SO What?" is their most disturbing song. And funny. Almost as funny as Kill the Wabbit

Noldorin2646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Noldorin2646
Member since 2007 • 641 Posts
Even for a trolling attempt, this was pathetic. In fact, calling it pathetic might be a compliment.