Blizards new game?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fortune_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fortune_T
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163207

True or fals what do you think?

Judza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Judza
Member since 2004 • 4637 Posts
Seems false.
A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts

cvg is the internet front for a cartel of uk games publications, it's a very legit site and not in the habbit of BSing people... while i don't take their word as canon, i wouldn't casually dismiss it either

i'd give it 70/30 on being real 

Endrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Endrod
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
We'll know more in 13 days. I'd say it's very possible that Blizzard will announce StarCraft Online.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

We'll know more in 13 days. I'd say it's very possible that Blizzard will announce StarCraft Online.Endrod

Especially since they are hiring designers for a "next gen MMO". 

ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts

[QUOTE="Endrod"]We'll know more in 13 days. I'd say it's very possible that Blizzard will announce StarCraft Online.Johnny_Rock

Like I said in the other thread where you brought that point up, Blizzard is not dumb enough to announce a game and then hire a development team, after the fact. No good developer would ever do such a thing.

Obviously they will have at least some promotiopnal material at the announcement, like screenshots, concept art, etc. But if they don't have a development team, then how are they supposed to produce those? It doesn't make any sense.

NerdMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NerdMan
Member since 2002 • 2749 Posts
I'm putting my money on it being a Starcraft MMORTS.
Drizzt13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Drizzt13
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
Whats with all these MMOs. Is it too much to ask for a good single player game anymore, with smaller scale multiplayer. Seriously if they make Starcraft into an MMO, then I will forsake Blizzard.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]

[QUOTE="Endrod"]We'll know more in 13 days. I'd say it's very possible that Blizzard will announce StarCraft Online.ProudLarry

Like I said in the other thread where you brought that point up, Blizzard is not dumb enough to announce a game and then hire a development team, after the fact. No good developer would ever do such a thing.

Obviously they will have at least some promotiopnal material at the announcement, like screenshots, concept art, etc. But if they don't have a development team, then how are they supposed to produce those? It doesn't make any sense.

They are not making a new team now, they are building on an already existing one.  It's not a hard concept to grasp. Companies hire throughout the development process all the time.

Sky_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sky_Raptor
Member since 2006 • 548 Posts
lets hope it goes d10
TryDaBeardON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 TryDaBeardON
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts
If it's true, that's too bad. I was hoping for a Blizzard Game I'd actually buy.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Anything but MMO.
VirginFingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 VirginFingers
Member since 2005 • 1247 Posts
I'm betting it's for Diablo3.
niko44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 niko44
Member since 2004 • 2281 Posts
According to my friend it will be called worlds of starcraft
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ProudLarry
[QUOTE="ProudLarry"][QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]

[QUOTE="Endrod"]We'll know more in 13 days. I'd say it's very possible that Blizzard will announce StarCraft Online.Johnny_Rock

They are not making a new team now, they are building on an already existing one. It's not a hard concept to grasp. Companies hire throughout the development process all the time.

But the positions are for Lead Engine Programmer, Lead Tool Programmer, and Lead Technical artist (http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/. You may hire a some code monkies, and few new secondary artists later in the development just to speed things up a little. But you don't hire Lead game designers, in the middle of your development cycle. You do that at the beginning.

xtreme2571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xtreme2571

We will know by May 19th wont we?

I love for them to release a mmo about a sci fi setting. There is way too many Fantasy mmorpgs out there already.

I can count how many SciFi mmorpgs I played on 1 hand and thats pretty sad.

ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 ForlornHope
Member since 2006 • 1809 Posts

Whats with all these MMOs. Is it too much to ask for a good single player game anymore, with smaller scale multiplayer. Seriously if they make Starcraft into an MMO, then I will forsake Blizzard.Drizzt13

I fully agree mmos are all BORING GRIND FESTS! There so many and they are all so boring. SP will always be king. 

A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts
[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"][QUOTE="ProudLarry"][QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]

[QUOTE="Endrod"]We'll know more in 13 days. I'd say it's very possible that Blizzard will announce StarCraft Online.ProudLarry

They are not making a new team now, they are building on an already existing one. It's not a hard concept to grasp. Companies hire throughout the development process all the time.

But the positions are for Lead Engine Programmer, Lead Tool Programmer, and Lead Technical artist (http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/. You may hire a some code monkies, and few new secondary artists later in the development just to speed things up a little. But you don't hire Lead game designers, in the middle of your development cycle. You do that at the beginning.

if there's an announcement of starcraft 2/mmo this month, that means it's definitely been in development for 1 or 2 years pretty much - as you say, no company announces a game without serious development time, and no company would swap out  an entire cadre of core staff in the middle of development - but blizzard has over 1600 employees and it's more than fair to say they work on multiple projects concurrently... most big companies will be drawing up roadmaps for their next games when their first game enters initial development stages

i'd wager the "next gen mmo" isn't starcraft 2/mmo, if that's even coming, but that it's something else entirely - maybe even a console project... or maybe the next gen mmo is a starcraft mmo and cvg's source got the timeframe off, and starcraft 2 is blizzard's big announcement this year

at any rate, it's 100% that development of blizzard's next big game has been underway for a couple years at least, and it's also very highly likely that the new core staff cadre is for just another project, unless there's been some major moving and shaking at blizzard... i don't pay attention to industry stuff 

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Its probably just for addons for World of warcraft. They kinda promissed to release a new one every year now so their rushed for time and need more people.

Either that or World of Pokemon.

ten-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ten-man
i love warcraft and diablo. but maybe blizzard must imagine new games.really one of my best series is the warcraft,but if they are going to do the 3 add-on to the world of warcraft i will be very angry!!!:!
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts
if blizzard even does announce a new game that isnt an addon for wow.. then dont expect it till 2010 at the EARLIEST.
ten-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ten-man
can you imagine the world of diablo?blizzard made 3 legendery series of game and stoped at this dot.  :x 
ten-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ten-man

how do you think white45e???

ten-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ten-man

yeah! i know that they are doing this game,but answered me do you know the starcraft ghost. i think yes. this game could be very cool,but why blizzard stoped to work at this game arh?

subtec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 subtec
Member since 2004 • 113 Posts
false
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 white45e

how do you think white45e???

ten-man

dev time.. blizzard only releases quality and seeing as they lost their diablo team not sure about heir sc or warcraft teams but they also need to hire new talent, make a whole new game. id bet it we wont see one till 2011 actually.. 

ten-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ten-man

huh! maybe you are rite white45e!! but what about starcraft ghogt!!!

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 white45e

huh! maybe you are rite white45e!! but what about starcraft ghogt!!!

ten-man

canceld were never going to see it 

ten-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ten-man
i was very afraid of it white45e. can i ask you- do you like warcraft or another blizzard games and why????
Jaksmearz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jaksmearz
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
Nothing was said about a MMO, they hinted a starcraft game though...
ten-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ten-man
oh sheet/ do you know about blizzard books?
legas1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 legas1
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

world of pokemon? GAG*

it would be interesting to see how they would do a mmo with starcraft, I personally would rather a fpsmmo if it is of this genre.

though how they would get the zerg swarmming to work... probably allow every zerg to have a zergling pet?

another possible version would be a savage style starcraft game.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"][QUOTE="ProudLarry"][QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]

I would agree here, they would not hire lead positions and announce a game at the very same time.  It doesn't make sense.  More then likely, those positions are for a game that we won't even hear about for a year or two...

ten-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ten-man

mmo must be very good:o

xtreme2571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xtreme2571

It looks like a WoW thing, but I could be totally wrong. Just saw this.

World of Warcraft patch today! v2.1.0 will bring the opening of the Black Temple, home of the fearsome Illidan. There is no date of release for this patch, but it can't be too far away.

ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ProudLarry

It looks like a WoW thing, but I could be totally wrong. Just saw this.

World of Warcraft patch today! v2.1.0 will bring the opening of the Black Temple, home of the fearsome Illidan. There is no date of release for this patch, but it can't be too far away.

xtreme2571

They're not going to go to Korea, host a big gaming convention, and then announce a WoW patch.  And although that patch is pretty significant, there have been bigger patches that added more, and they didn't make a show of those.

mcflurry4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 mcflurry4321
Member since 2003 • 195 Posts

I honestly don't think that Blizzard would be dumb enough to announce a Starcraft MMO in South Korea.  I mean, c'mon, Starcraft is practically South Korea's national sport.  If the next Starcraft is announced as an MMO, the Blizzard reps WILL NOT be making it out of the country unharmed.

Shadow_Chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shadow_Chicken
Member since 2006 • 142 Posts
What the hell happened to StarCraft ghost? Thats been in development for years now, and it actually looked pretty good :S
mcflurry4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mcflurry4321

What the hell happened to StarCraft ghost? Thats been in development for years now, and it actually looked pretty good :SShadow_Chicken

Cancelled well over a year ago iirc.

GameAholic2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GameAholic2004
Member since 2003 • 469 Posts

[QUOTE="Shadow_Chicken"]What the hell happened to StarCraft ghost? Thats been in development for years now, and it actually looked pretty good :Smcflurry4321

You remember correctly, i cant respond on the exect date, how ever sad, starcrafs latest installment was to be cancelled due to it not being up to "parr" with the rest of the "biizzard" product line, short version.

Blizzard thought the game would suck and did not want to damage there image of producing good games.

mcflurry4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mcflurry4321
[QUOTE="mcflurry4321"]

[QUOTE="Shadow_Chicken"]What the hell happened to StarCraft ghost? Thats been in development for years now, and it actually looked pretty good :SGameAholic2004

You remember correctly, i cant respond on the exect date, how ever sad, starcrafs latest installment was to be cancelled due to it not being up to "parr" with the rest of the "biizzard" product line, short version.

Blizzard thought the game would suck and did not want to damage there image of producing good games.

I'm going to have to say that I agree.  Blizzard should only make RTS's and RPG's imo.  Kinda close minded but it's what they have always done best.

nit3man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nit3man
Member since 2004 • 130 Posts
Please blizzard..no starcraft mmo, just plain starcraft2 rts!
GeorgeTopouria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 GeorgeTopouria
Member since 2005 • 3988 Posts

[QUOTE="Shadow_Chicken"]What the hell happened to StarCraft ghost? Thats been in development for years now, and it actually looked pretty good :Smcflurry4321

They probably realized that a third-party shooter wasn't their field. 

Coffeinfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Coffeinfury

Please blizzard..no starcraft mmo, just plain starcraft2 rts!nit3man

Signed. Don't want another money milking machine.

Erlkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Erlkoenig
Member since 2006 • 715 Posts

[QUOTE="nit3man"]Please blizzard..no starcraft mmo, just plain starcraft2 rts!Coffeinfury

I'm curious, what's the difference between a good game and a money milking machine?

Coffeinfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Coffeinfury
[QUOTE="Coffeinfury"]

[QUOTE="nit3man"]Please blizzard..no starcraft mmo, just plain starcraft2 rts!Erlkoenig

I'm curious, what's the difference between a good game and a money milking machine?

A good game is a game that manages to keep the gamers entertained and happy, like the original WoW did.

A bad game is a game that only adds small changes and lives on the hype from the original game. An expansion should not just be 10 more levels and a few new encounters, and then screw everything else up. 

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 Cerza
Member since 2005 • 1946 Posts
[QUOTE="Erlkoenig"][QUOTE="Coffeinfury"]

[QUOTE="nit3man"]Please blizzard..no starcraft mmo, just plain starcraft2 rts!Coffeinfury

A good game is a game that manages to keep the gamers entertained and happy, like the original WoW did.

A bad game is a game that only adds small changes and lives on the hype from the original game. An expansion should not just be 10 more levels and a few new encounters, and then screw everything else up.

lol, which is exactly what happened with WOW.  I loved WOW, but then the expansion came out and ruined everything that was great about the game.

Anywho, I'm afraid I have to echo the other posters in saying that I really hope their big announcement isn't a starcraft MMO. I want a starcraft RTS, which as I'm sure many will agree, is long over due. 

Liliroots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 Liliroots
Member since 2004 • 1411 Posts
It's REALLY REAL.