Biggest Disappointment of '07

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Store24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 Store24
Member since 2007 • 1146 Posts
HL2-EP2. It was short and boring. Way too much mine shaft and insect tunnel and not enough of anything else.
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

Hellgate london was very dissapointing to alot of peopleMinder22

Yeah Hellgate completely sucked. I can't believe how much they're hyping that game up...it's horrible.

-Gray_Fox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 -Gray_Fox-
Member since 2005 • 2578 Posts
Hellgate london was very dissapointing to alot of peopleMinder22
that's it!! everybody waited for it and... meh....
-Gray_Fox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 -Gray_Fox-
Member since 2005 • 2578 Posts
Command and Conquer 3Jd1680a
It feels like a disappointment , but not the biggest
gogators4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 gogators4life
Member since 2006 • 4654 Posts

[QUOTE="Jd1680a"]Command and Conquer 3-Gray_Fox-
It feels like a disappointment , but not the biggest

Maybe for him it is. >_>

GuddyQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 GuddyQ
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Well, of the games ive played it's

Lord Of The Rings Online, was exspecting something new, refreshing and exciting, but i felt that i got all the old boring stuff over again.

Xcelerate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#157 Xcelerate
Member since 2004 • 599 Posts

Biggest Disappointment: Hellgate: London

Game that I regret buying for PC and wish I had rented (or borrowed from someone) for my 360 instead: Bioshock.

Don't get me wrong: Bioshock is a great, innovative, well-crafted game. But it twice through for both endings and that's it. Nothing more. No other things to do.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#158 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

Why is that there is always seem to be like this minority of stupid ppl in forums that is against everything that most ppl think is good.. i mean STFU Bioshock was acclaimed by every game magazine and websites there is...bl1ndz0r

If God himself came down from heaven and declared to you that Big Rigs is a perfect game it doesn't make it so.

Frankly, I feel the reviewers overrated it. It happens occasionally, more often lately. It's like Halo 2, a game that got stellar reviews, but even most the fans think it is overrated and a big step backward from Halo CE in many instances, but overall it only scored on average about 1% less. Underrating happens too on occasion.

It's not like bioshock is awful, but is it the 13th best game of all time (it's current GR ranking), hell bloody no. It should be closer to 200th place given it's glaring faults.

shaneras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#159 shaneras
Member since 2003 • 1346 Posts

World in Conflict. I just expected som much of it and it turned out to be not at all what I expected, mostly becuase I love infantry and it seemed that they were just too small and they were underpowered.(Except for the anti tank) I also dont know how Gamespot gave it a 9.5, I mean I would give it a 8.0 or a 8.5. Im not saying its bad but it was just a disapointment.

j2maria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 j2maria
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
bioshock (gameplay wise terrible, not worth the buy at all), shadowrun (ughhh....) timeshift (didn't buy it but people say its bad...), dx10 in general (i've seen it on dual 8800 gtx's, not my own, it looks nice but not as nice as they said it would be, then again i have yet to see crysis in its full glory), hellgate (i just thought an mmo shooter would be cool since i'm more of a shooter fan, turns out it wasn't), guitar hero 3 (rock band ftw), the new F.E.A.R expansion (i am a huge fear fan, but i was shocked when I played the demo and saw that the textures were exactly the same as they had been in 2005, hopefull project origin will be good but it looks like a completely different game so i'm doubtful), halo 3 (fun, but way overhyped/rated, plus a few of my friends are die hard halo fanboys who take offense to anyone even suggesting it wasn't that great, which is something i have to deal with), and many others.
gogators4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 gogators4life

Ok,here's all the games listed in this thread so far,

Hell Gate: London- Published by EA

Crysis- Published by EA

C&C 3- Made by EA

Need for speed: Pro street- Made by EA

Medal of Honor: Airborne- Made by EA

Sim City:Socities- Made by EA

World in Conflict

Bio-shock

gogators4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 gogators4life

I forgot about these,

Supreme commander

Call of Duty 4

kilaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 kilaan
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts

1) Hellgate London. Lot of people left Blizzard. Some started Arenanet, some started Flagship. I guess all the coders/artists started Arenanet while all the Marketers/salesmen started Flagship. $150 dollars for one game?!?!?!!? I don't know whats worse, that they are selling it or people are dumb enough to actually buy it. Side note, the demo turned me off from this game and I never played the full game.

2) Space Force:Rogue Universe. In a genre that dieing this is all we really got this year. A repetive space sim. Although I did love the explosions.

Bad trends of the year.
1) Blatant in game advertising. I saw some screenshots of Need for Speed screenshots and I had a huge urge to run out and buy some energizer batteries.
2) Holding back content that should be included in game (rock band) to sell as a micro transaction. Letting people cheat for a micro transaction (EA) and just micro transactions in general. Luckily it hasn't affected us PC gamers too much yet (Oblivion $2 horse mod anyone) but give it a year.
3) The hype that was DX10
4) Charging for services that us PC gamers are used to getting for free to play online aka Windows Live Gold and Hellgate (to a lesser extent.)

While their were a couple dissapointing games this year, what I found most dissapointing is the general trend the Publishers are starting to follow. Everyone and their mom are doing P2P and micro transactions. As long as us gamers are dumb enough to shell out the cash it will continue until all we will get is a $50 singleplayer game (that is activated online) and you have to pay 10 bucks a month to play it and all you get is the first level, levels 2-12 are only $4.99 a piece or buy all 11 levels for a low price of $150!!!!!!!
Fine Print:
Levels 4-12 are still in development and will be released in the next few months 'or maybe years'
Monthly fee still applies, cancellation of this fee forfeits the game itself and will have to be bought again if you want to play it.
All other fees still apply, even the hidden one we didn't tell you about.

Sorry, went off on a rant/tangent there.

the-wiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 the-wiz
Member since 2003 • 165 Posts

All these games that are being **** about, are games that basically had considerable hype. All hyped games create dissappoint by people, all games create dissappointed people somewhere. Its the anticpation that destroys these games, for loathing it well be what it was plus better, or the mind set that its something else, catered to your fantasies, when teh developers never intended for that experience at all.

Everyone is intitled to their opinion, obviously. Alot of those games are pretty popular though, theres no denying sales. But I think it can't be disagreed, that these games ARE games that dissappointed because of the hype behind them. Had there been no hype, there would have been no dissappointment.

Myxisbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Myxisbird
Member since 2005 • 163 Posts

I wanna say Crysis, mainly because i can't even play it on my rig (X2 4400+ 2GB RAM X1900XTX). What kind of an idiot releases a game that can't run on a machine like mine?...I'm really really crossed with that game.

Medal of Honor - Airborne would have to be my choice then, closely followed by Gears of War.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

This is my List That I think is the disappointments of the year That Ive played:

1. (Bioshock) Interresting Story, but was lacking depth in many areas. SS2 Clone, very shallow from it being a console game and being overhyped.

2. (Crysis) Its just one big Tech Demo, Story has aspark to be a great thing but Crytek spent so much time with the graphics leaving AI,Optimization, and other areas unfinished and half a**ed. They took to many elements from Farcry and gave most parts in the game same old same old stuff. Plus With all the lies out of their own mouthsabout it running good on a 2-3 year old PC on the settingfor the time of the hardwareHA!

Both these games were Overhyped, and things were lied from the companies to the people. Is it me getting older or more and more Games these days are getting shorter,dubbed down, andhalf way done.

bl1ndz0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 bl1ndz0r
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
[QUOTE="bl1ndz0r"]

Why is that there is always seem to be like this minority of stupid ppl in forums that is against everything that most ppl think is good.. i mean STFU Bioshock was acclaimed by every game magazine and websites there is...DerekLoffin

If God himself came down from heaven and declared to you that Big Rigs is a perfect game it doesn't make it so.

Frankly, I feel the reviewers overrated it. It happens occasionally, more often lately. It's like Halo 2, a game that got stellar reviews, but even most the fans think it is overrated and a big step backward from Halo CE in many instances, but overall it only scored on average about 1% less. Underrating happens too on occasion.

It's not like bioshock is awful, but is it the 13th best game of all time (it's current GR ranking), hell bloody no. It should be closer to 200th place given it's glaring faults.

It just doesnt happen just go to metacritic.com 100 reviews cant be wrong i mean 100 guys reviewing the same game all having the same opinions THATS NOT A COINCIDENCE

The games is great and some dont like it...

Bleh i wont keep posting in this thread the names ppl are giving make me sick some guys said they dont like almost every good game that came out this year

WELL IT MUST SUCK TO BE YOU because im having a blast

geraldus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 geraldus
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts

Agree, that´s why i will never buy an EA game again. God i miss Westwood.

I played c&c3 since demo and enjoyed a bit, but the game came full of bugs and loose a lot of players. My game is in the box for months and never installed it again, i think i will sell it....

Srinivassa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#170 Srinivassa
Member since 2003 • 671 Posts

I forgot about these,

Supreme commander

Call of Duty 4

gogators4life
Don't forget about STALKER and WItcher and Portal/Orange Box and pretty much every game that came out this year. I guess if you round it off, everybody is disappointed at something and every game leaves someone disappointed. Edit: Good thread though.
gogators4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 gogators4life

EA games- Hype, hype, hype. Hype it up with graphics. If there's 2 things EA does it right, it's hype and graphics(great graphics.)

Need for speed: Pro Street- Had great grapchis and great hype. In the end, it sucked.

Medal of Honor: Airborne- Great graphics and had a lot of hype. In the end, Medal of honor series is going down.

C&C 3- Got a lot of hype and great graphics. In the end, it was really a medicore RTS game imo.

Simcity:Socities- Awesome graphics, turned out to be a horrible game.

Medal of honor, C&C, Simcity and Need for speed series are going to end up like Madden series.

P.S, I am not a EA basher, I actually loved EA back in the days. I still like them, but this year has been terrible for EA.

visceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#172 visceron
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts

Ok,here's all the games listed in this thread so far,

Hell Gate: London- Published by EA

Crysis- Published by EA

C&C 3- Made by EA

Need for speed: Pro street- Made by EA

Medal of Honor: Airborne- Made by EA

Sim City:Socities- Made by EA

World in Conflict

Bio-shock

gogators4life
You really enjoyed placing EA behind all those names didnt you? I would have.
Scurrydog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Scurrydog
Member since 2003 • 1583 Posts
Um... I would say Gears of War for PC because of it not working. Epic is really sloutching. UT3 turned out ok though.
baal46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 baal46
Member since 2004 • 663 Posts

I wanna say Crysis, mainly because i can't even play it on my rig (X2 4400+ 2GB RAM X1900XTX). What kind of an idiot releases a game that can't run on a machine like mine?...I'm really really crossed with that game. Myxisbird

Translation: "Wahh. Crysis doesn't run maxxed on my mediocre-at-best-2-year-old computer. Wah."

I wonder if Crytek knows about the irony in the name of their franchise?

PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

Biggest dissapointments from the three big genres for me:

1) RPG: Hellgate London

2) FPS: STALKER

3) RTS: Supreme Commander

Fuelee1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Fuelee1
Member since 2004 • 149 Posts

MOH Airborne and pretty much everything else EA has released this year.

I did like SSX Blur on Wii though. Heres hoping they dont dissapoint with the new Burnout.

I liked Bioshock a lot, one of my fave games this year but was a lil dissapointed with it, it just felt as though a lot of content was left out of the game to get it released when they wanted. A lot of the time there isnt really that sense of being in a city underwater thats crumbling around you. And yeah it lacked depth because i was expecting something more along the lines of SS2 and not just a straight out shooter.

NNY42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 NNY42
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts

Medal of Honor - Airborne would have to be my choice then, closely followed by Gears of War.

Myxisbird

Thank you for bringing up GOW (though it was a 06 game... for 360), I was also very disappointed in it. I beat it and haven't touched it since

O yeah, though the problem has been since 05.... The xbox 360 is a cool system, but it is also a piece of cr4p(I know it has a 3 year warranty, but that doesn't stop it from being aggravating and a pain in the a$$) (the original was a tank... now this?) Mine has been down for around 4 months now, (for the third time) and i am not in a hurry to get it fixed.... the pc has many good game that look better. The xbox has lost me as a fan and as a supporter

Plus all the live cr4p is BS as well..... charging for every stupid little thing that you get free with a PC (you can't even play your arcade games without being online..... so much for taking it to friends/parents to play)

-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts

bioshock because it got boring after you get half-way through.

cmdrmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 cmdrmonkey
Member since 2004 • 994 Posts
[QUOTE="Myxisbird"]

I wanna say Crysis, mainly because i can't even play it on my rig (X2 4400+ 2GB RAM X1900XTX). What kind of an idiot releases a game that can't run on a machine like mine?...I'm really really crossed with that game. baal46

Translation: "Wahh. Crysis doesn't run maxxed on my mediocre-at-best-2-year-old computer. Wah."

Stop being an elitest douche. Any game that can't run well on an X1900XTX is a poorly optimized pile of crap destined to sell about four copies total...and that's precisely what happened, noone's playing Crysis.The game doesn't even run all that well on my PC if that tells you anything.

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts

Stop being an elitest douche. Any game that can't run well on an X1900XTX is a poorly optimized pile of crap destined to sell about four copies total...and that's precisely what happened, noone's playing Crysis.The game doesn't even run all that well on my PC if that tells you anything.

cmdrmonkey

Tons of people are playing Crysis, you are going to have to go easy on the settings if you are going to play with an older card. As well as your rig, i've seen quite a few people running Crysis fine on high, what are you trying to do max it out?

cmdrmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 cmdrmonkey
Member since 2004 • 994 Posts
I can run Crysis with most of the settings on high at 1680x1050, but only if I OC my video card, and it's definitely not a smooth experience - it really chugs at times.
ferret837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 ferret837
Member since 2004 • 1942 Posts
Well C&C 3 was nothing special, and it sadly god old fast dissapointing. Hellgate London just bombed, and Quake wars didnt kill bf (not bad though) But one of my biggest disappointments was Crysis, the multiplayer really wasnt good (atleast not compared to CoD4.) The game was really really buggy for me too, and the A.I seemed retarded at times, shooting in the opposite direction. Story was good i guess but nothing special really. As for gameplay there are only a few weapons, and the it feels like a normal fps with that suit thing.
Knight113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#185 Knight113
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I second NFS ProStreet, what a mediocre game it turned out to be.Kokihatu_

I third, fourth and fifth NFS ProStreet. I'd rather be mowing the lawn!

TH3_1NF1D3L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#186 TH3_1NF1D3L
Member since 2004 • 125 Posts

Bioshock, simply for the fact that System Shock 3 it isn't.

Neverwinter Nights 2. Story = boring. Cutscenes galore.

Age of Conan being delayed multiple times.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Even though its not on PC - Halo 3 singleplayer.

On PC - Bioshock - too a degree - still great though (I was expecting it to trounce HL2 -which it didnt)

Game I was looking foward too - HellGate

kenshinxxx2k69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 kenshinxxx2k69
Member since 2004 • 29 Posts
Hellgate London
Sushbag88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Sushbag88
Member since 2005 • 403 Posts

Biggest disappointment, probably Call of Duty 4. Actually definitely CoD4, it was the only game of the year that I actually paid some attention to (unlike games that I knew would suck, such as Hellgate) that ended up sucking, relatively that is.

sepheronX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#190 sepheronX
Member since 2005 • 1388 Posts

My biggest idea of failure of 07:

1) This thread

2) Everyone in this thread

3) Myself for being in this thread

lol joking. On a serious note:

1) Gaming For Windows Live - Who in there right mind wanna pay monthly for something you could already do reguarly. Oh wow, Mic capabilities like Xboxlive? I could do that with Xfire or Vent.

2) Gears Of War for PC - OMG Gaming for Windows live, requires me to pay to play co-op online. No thanks.

3) Crysis - The whole idea of major optimization was really far fetched, and they led us (although, hype also killed the idea) that the game was gonna be so highly optimized. Yet it isn't.

4) PS3 - Sorry to say the least, but there was nothing good for the PS3 this year. Uncharted isn't all that, and with all these capabilities, not being used, i see it as an expensive paper weight. Oh yes, forgot to say, it is highly expensive. (but things will change, hopefully I will pick one up when they are cheap and decent to buy.

5) AMD - Oh wow AMD, Phenom being all that? Let us see here..... Your phenom at 3ghz JUST barely outclasses (by like 1 and a half fps if not, less) then a Q6600. I am sorry, but for the same price, I will pick up a Q6600, and overclock it without even doing much at all in the bios, to reach and surpass that 3ghz Phenom.

6) Blacksite Area 51 - I had high hopes for this game. It looked decent from screenshots and videos, yet it fails. This is why PS3 fanboys should not get all excited over Killzone 2. Blacksite: Area 51, is a game based off of its orriginal game, Area 51, where that game sucked too. So if we look at history, it usually tends to repeat itself. Sorry, but KZ1 sucked, I don't have high hopes for the second one. #1 rule: Don't judge a game by it's graphics/cover.

7) Sound Cards - DDL, DTS, and OpenAL is the upcoming standard for everything. Yet, Creative decides to go ahead and not support them, and only support EAX, were they then pay gaming industries to use Hardware acceleration with EAX and leave out a lot of support for other companys who do not have a license for EAX 5. Big dissapointment for me (as creative sucks and so does the driver support).

8 ) EA buying out Pandemic and Bioware. Oh thanks EA, thanks for ruining other companys by buying them out. Does this mean we are now gonna obtain titles that have poor optimization, and obviously PC retarded (obviously ports from console)?

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#191 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

1. Tabula Rasa, it was in the making for so long and even had Lord british helping and it still turned out bad... I wanted this game to work.

2. The Witcher wasn't what I was hoping for in the gameplay area, I'm still waiting for patches to fix it some. But its far from being a bad game though.

3. World In Conflict, the interface for the game was way easy to control, but I hate timed missions more than anything.

gass7784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 gass7784
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
crysis is the biggest disappointment ever in the history of videogames
TBL_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 TBL_1
Member since 2003 • 106 Posts

No KOTOR III (same as last year)
The 8800GT coming out, except in Australia it's easier to find a black market kidney (I assume, I actually haven't looked, just in case you were wondering) than the card, let alone for a reasonable price.

FrozeN__54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 FrozeN__54
Member since 2005 • 3434 Posts

Hellgate London

Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts
Call of duty 4
impalerking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 impalerking
Member since 2004 • 37 Posts

NFS ProStreet... it sucked so much!

HlME_SAMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 HlME_SAMA
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="baal46"][QUOTE="Myxisbird"]

I wanna say Crysis, mainly because i can't even play it on my rig (X2 4400+ 2GB RAM X1900XTX). What kind of an idiot releases a game that can't run on a machine like mine?...I'm really really crossed with that game. cmdrmonkey

It says november 28th and 30th on your time stamps, so that tells me you guys should know better. Go to best buy ( a horrible place to buy a gaming computer) and look at their computers, they already blow that out of the water. And for optimization for crisis, I don't own it so I don't know yet, but the technology to run it is out there, maybe they just don't care about making a game that's assessible to everyone.

Biggest dissappontment for 07, Assassins Creed. Cause I can't play it. Not released onpc.

ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
Well, I actually think that this is the year of games that don't suck completely but aren't that great neither.
For example, I was kinda surprised to see that Crysis was actually good fun, but they still could have done so much more with the game, IMO.
I guess my biggest disappointment of 2007 is the absence of a truly grand title.
P.S.: No, I don't give 9's or 10's easily.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
I guess my biggest gaming-related disappointment of 2007 is finding out that Gamespot is now apparently controlled by scum. Merry Christmas, sleazebags.