BF3: The worst online experience ever

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

I had to change my avatar so I don't end up being mistaken for this guy.

NightmareP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#52 NightmareP3
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts

Never had problems like those in BF3, however i do agree than the game is pretty bad. After playing 33 hours i just coulnd't take it anymore, the game is simply to dull and isn't even remotly close to Battlefield 2's fun and awesome gameplay that actully required teamwork to win and not just having 1 guy thats really good in a choper that keeps spawncamping the enemy team.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I had to change my avatar so I don't end up being mistaken for this guy.

HyperWarlock

Yeah I thought it was you when I saw the avatar

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Its the best hit dection in the series, but its still not great. The problem with bf3 the gun play. But outside of a couple maps they where just horrible. The expansion maps where better but still, bc2 maps where a million times better, and bf2 was night and day. 

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#55 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]the hit detection in bf3 is client side it's always consistentJigglyWiggly_

Lol no. The game has crappy hit detection at times.

Sometimes a shotgun will instantly kill someone right next to them, other times it would take 2-3 shots to bring someone down.

A rocket or grenade launcher will sometimes kill someone next to them, and other times it won't leaving like 40% health even if it's a direct hit.

Sometimes when you knife someone you don't even see a hit marker, and at times it would take more than 2 slashes even though 2 slashes is all it takes to slash someone due to odd damage model.

I've shot people 1st and then they kill me and they end up with 100% health.

A grenade sometimes can't kill a person right next to them.

You can look up BF3 hit detection on youtube and see how it can be so bad at times.

?? name a game that comes close

Even Bad Company 1 has better hit detection.:lol:

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mitu123

BF3 hit detection is pretty much as good as it gets. People crying foul are usually pretty bad players.bonafidetk
No, even the best will find faults in it's hit detection.

slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

I also played BF3 on the PS3 and yes it was absolutely terrible. The system can barely run the game in multiplayer.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mitu123

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] ?? name a game that comes closeseanmcloughlin

Most games are better. The ones I can think of that are worse are past BF games.

Most people who say it's bad haven't played a lot of really competitive MP games. BF3s netcode is spotty sometimes, but it's still some of the best around. Cleint side means your shots always count, they might register a bit late sometimes but they still count. 

Not being able to name any better means there are no obvious examples, or you don't play a lot online or you just post this crap because of your never ending tirade against BF3. 

Oh and TC doesn't have a clue either

Or in other cases they don't which is why I see 100% health from the enemy or when I put more bullets than needed to kill one.

I don't know why people defend BF3's hit detection, it may work a lot, but it does get really, really ugly when it doesn't work, and that's why you see countless threads and videos showing off how bad it is. 

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#59 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
Battlefield 3 could have been a great game, but sadly its just full of aimbots and hackers
maddogmark25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 maddogmark25
Member since 2003 • 3632 Posts

Is this thread serious? Whining about the PS3 version hit detection in a PC forum?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSO7lsgj7M_OgvMywGxitN

BF3 has some of the best hit detection around. Stop complaining if you have **** internet, and play on servers below 100 ping.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#61 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
lol crysis 3 good netcode? man you had us all going there for a second. good jokes
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mitu123

Its the best hit dection in the series

James161324

Nope, though not too far from it.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mitu123

BF3 has some of the best hit detection around. Stop complaining if you have **** internet, and play on servers below 100 ping.

maddogmark25

I only play on servers below 70 though and it still happens.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] Most games are better. The ones I can think of that are worse are past BF games.mitu123

Most people who say it's bad haven't played a lot of really competitive MP games. BF3s netcode is spotty sometimes, but it's still some of the best around. Cleint side means your shots always count, they might register a bit late sometimes but they still count. 

Not being able to name any better means there are no obvious examples, or you don't play a lot online or you just post this crap because of your never ending tirade against BF3. 

Or in other cases they don't which is why I see 100% health from the enemy or when I put more bullets than needed to kill one.

I don't know why people defend BF3's hit detection, it may work a lot, but it does get really, really ugly when it doesn't work, and that's why you see countless threads and videos showing off how bad it is. 

When you see a guy has 100% health it's usually a glitch on the killcam, they likely took damage. A guy complained in a round when I killed him and said I had 100% health on the killcam, but I had like 40% or something cos his rounds hit me.

People defend it because you can play with huge player counts on high pings and still have a relatively good experience. A game like Tribes ascend if you played with a tonne of people at say 200 ping you wouldn't even be able to hit a guy once. Same goes for a lot of games. BF3s isn't perfect but it's a damn sight better than a lot of other games. 

I will say again, name 5 current MP games that have better hit detection. It's likely you just notice BF3s bad parts more because you sink more time into it than any other MP game online at the moment. If you go play something like Crysis 3's MP or Planetside 2 you will appreciate a lot of what BF3 does more. 

Only problem with BF3 is the knife and how there can only ever be one knife death animation in the whole map at any one time. Meaning if two people go for a knife kill at the same time it won't work. And it glitches

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
My personal favorite is the fact that there apparently can only be one knife kill to happen at once on the same server.. If two people attempt to knife kill at the same time, one of them will whiff it.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#66 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

When you see a guy has 100% health it's usually a glitch on the killcam, they likely took damage. A guy complained in a round when I killed him and said I had 100% health on the killcam, but I had like 40% or something cos his rounds hit me.

People defend it because you can play with huge player counts on high pings and still have a relatively good experience. A game like Tribes ascend if you played with a tonne of people at say 200 ping you wouldn't even be able to hit a guy once. Same goes for a lot of games. BF3s isn't perfect but it's a damn sight better than a lot of other games. 

I will say again, name 5 current MP games that have better hit detection. It's likely you just notice BF3s bad parts more because you sink more time into it than any other MP game online at the moment. If you go play something like Crysis 3's MP or Planetside 2 you will appreciate a lot of what BF3 does more. 

Only problem with BF3 is the knife and how there can only ever be one knife death animation in the whole map at any one time. Meaning if two people go for a knife kill at the same time it won't work. And it glitches

Agreed. And the knife, yeah, it's a damn shame lol.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#67 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Or in other cases they don't which is why I see 100% health from the enemy or when I put more bullets than needed to kill one.

Elann2008

Agreed. And the knife, yeah, it's a damn shame lol.

Actually I think they went ahead and patched it so multiple people can get knifed. 

I might be wrong though, but I distinctly remember hearing that it was patched after it became known and infamous.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

BF3: I still need to play the darn game :P

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Are you talking about current gen or currently out for the past few months ago? I haven't even played that many recent online FPSs for a fair comparison since I was doing BF3 mainly for these past few weeks due to Premium, however I would say Halo 4 destroys this game in hit detection. Why? Because the knife always worked, melee always worked, blowing up people in one rocket always worked, sticking a grenade for an instant kill always worked, headshots always worked, shotgun always worked, and shooting in general always worked along blasting someone with vehicles always worked, I never complained about it. Unlike BF3 where I complained about all those things I mentioned(except sticky grenade since it's not for that game) and many people have complained about it for a reason, countless threads and videos are going on about things that are wrong with the game when it doesn't work. Because we all know you can kill people fast in this game, lol.

I also only play on below 70 ping servers as I've said before. Also note I have this game on both 360 and PC, and honestly, they're not even the same game to me. There's actually some gameplay differences not in just large Conquest and high player counts in general but how the vehicles, reviving and other things work. To me the game just isn't as fun on 360 and may even go as far to say it's hit detection is worse on that version. I don't know what it is but it doesn't feel the same on PC either which I can actually get a lot more kills on that version and is just more fun in general. I even read a thread where they say a patch made the hit detection worse on consoles, no lie, might explain that.:lol: Damn shame.

But yeah, and BTW, this video proves that it's patched to allow multiple people to knife at the same time in the game.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#70 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I'm more worried about the state of the community, with people still thinking that saying n**ger and making "your mum" jokes during matches is still funny.

JohnFifteen12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 JohnFifteen12
Member since 2012 • 205 Posts

I'm more worried about the state of the community, with people still thinking that saying n**ger and making "your mum" jokes during matches is still funny.

biggest_loser

That will never change, sadly.

There will always be immature/hateful/Godless people in the world, and when you add the emotions that video games provoke into the mix, bad things are going to be said.

oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 oddballrulez
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

JohnFifteen12

That will never change, sadly.

There will always be immature/hateful/Godless people in the world, and when you add the emotions that video games provoke into the mix, bad things are going to be said.

Especially with anonymity at hand!
Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts

Is it possible that my aszhole has better netcode?

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

When I have low ping I don't have hit detection issues.

The game has much bigger issues though, as someone above said, torches should not blind you in daylight...

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
I completely disagree. I played BF3 for several months before and it was really enjoyable. It did take some take to get the hang of it but once I did, I started ranking high in the leaderboards.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

[QUOTE="James161324"]

mitu123

BC2 hit dection was crap, and don't get me started on bf2 

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="James161324"]

James161324

BC2 hit dection was crap, and don't get me started on bf2 

Bad Company 1 did it better than all those games, I'll say it's number 1 even.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mitu123

Is it possible that my aszhole has better netcode?

Travis_Odell
I lol'd.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

biggest_loser

I always get a huge kick out of the people who cry tears in matches about "hackers."  Every time they make a mistake instead of owning up to it or admitting it was a spot of lag or simply a bad move, they type in caps and call the entire enemy team cheaters and their own team a bunch of children.  It makes it more amusing to knife them repeatedly