BF3: The worst online experience ever

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS3FanMan4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 PS3FanMan4Life
Member since 2012 • 131 Posts

I have literally never played a game with more insonsistent hit shots.  It's very common to shoot someone 10-15 times before they see you, then they turn and insta-kill you with a pistol.  It's very common to shoot a tank in the front 3-4 times and not disable it, yet the other tank shoots you 2 times and you're destroyed.  It's very common for a game to end 500+-0.  It's very common to be in a game where the winning side has 3-4 more players, and the game does nothing to balance it.  Does anyone else notice these issues, or is it just me?  I use a wired ethernet connection with 15mbps+. I mention that because I know people will simply say it's lag.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Some people might use armour in the tank and it takes more hits on the front than the rear or side.

JohnFifteen12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JohnFifteen12
Member since 2012 • 205 Posts

I have literally never played a game with more insonsistent hit shots.  It's very common to shoot someone 10-15 times before they see you, then they turn and insta-kill you with a pistol. 

PS3FanMan4Life

This is the main reason I do not play the game. The hit detection = pure garbage.

PS3FanMan4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PS3FanMan4Life

[QUOTE="PS3FanMan4Life"]

I have literally never played a game with more insonsistent hit shots.  It's very common to shoot someone 10-15 times before they see you, then they turn and insta-kill you with a pistol. 

JohnFifteen12

This is the main reason I do not play the game. The hit detection = pure garbage.

Okay at least i'm not the only one. I don't know anyone else who plays, but the hit detection is literally so bad i'm going to resell the game right away. I can't handle it any longer. Not to mention only 1/10 games or so actually comes down to the wire. Most are utter blowouts.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnFifteen12"]

[QUOTE="PS3FanMan4Life"]

PS3FanMan4Life

Okay at least i'm not the only one. I don't know anyone else who plays, but the hit detection is literally so bad i'm going to resell the game right away. I can't handle it any longer. Not to mention only 1/10 games or so actually comes down to the wire. Most are utter blowouts.

You can't resell BF3, it's linked to your Origin account...

PS3FanMan4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PS3FanMan4Life

[QUOTE="PS3FanMan4Life"][QUOTE="JohnFifteen12"]

Toxic-Seahorse

Yes you can... I got the disc free and paid the $15 (or whatever it costs) for the activation code. I should be able to recoup my loss.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
the hit detection in bf3 is client side it's always consistent
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="PS3FanMan4Life"] Okay at least i'm not the only one. I don't know anyone else who plays, but the hit detection is literally so bad i'm going to resell the game right away. I can't handle it any longer. Not to mention only 1/10 games or so actually comes down to the wire. Most are utter blowouts.PS3FanMan4Life

Yes you can... I got the disc free and paid the $15 (or whatever it costs) for the activation code. I should be able to recoup my loss.

Smells like troll.
Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
I dont usually have any issues unless Im playing on a server with ping higher than 100. Go for something that has low ping. Im usually quite satisfied with all hit detection - even sniping. Do you have a strong internet connection and do you choose proper servers?
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="PS3FanMan4Life"] Okay at least i'm not the only one. I don't know anyone else who plays, but the hit detection is literally so bad i'm going to resell the game right away. I can't handle it any longer. Not to mention only 1/10 games or so actually comes down to the wire. Most are utter blowouts.PS3FanMan4Life

Oh, you don't have the PC version. Why the hell are you posting in the PC Games section?
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
The hit detection is fine. Range plays a big factor, you don't shoot someone 10-15 times, you miss. SMG's can take around 7 or 8 bullets at long range, and of course the ballistics/bullet drop, I think even silencers make the bullets slower and drop earlier, I don't remember exactly. -Unreal- explained the tanks.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="PS3FanMan4Life"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] You can't resell BF3, it's linked to your Origin account...

Toxic-Seahorse

Oh, you don't have the PC version. Why the hell are you posting in the PC Games section?

:lol: wow

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Clearly you didn't play Gears of War 2. 

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="PS3FanMan4Life"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] You can't resell BF3, it's linked to your Origin account...

C_Rule

Smells like troll.

You smell it too?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

the hit detection in bf3 is client side it's always consistentJigglyWiggly_
Lol no. The game has crappy hit detection at times.

Sometimes a shotgun will instantly kill someone right next to them, other times it would take 2-3 shots to bring someone down.

A rocket or grenade launcher will sometimes kill someone next to them, and other times it won't leaving like 40% health even if it's a direct hit.

Sometimes when you knife someone you don't even see a hit marker, and at times it would take more than 2 slashes even though 2 slashes is all it takes to slash someone due to odd damage model.

I've shot people 1st and then they kill me and they end up with 100% health.

A grenade sometimes can't kill a person right next to them.

You can look up BF3 hit detection on youtube and see how it can be so bad at times.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

The hit detection is fine. SaltyMeatballs
Only when it works, when it doesn't, it's frustrating.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]the hit detection in bf3 is client side it's always consistentmitu123

Sometimes a shotgun will instantly kill someone right next to them, other times it would take 2-3 shots to bring someone down.

A rocket or grenade launcher will sometimes kill someone next to them, and other times it won't leaving like 40% health even if it's a direct hit.

Sometimes when you knife someone you don't even see a hit marker, and at times it would take more than 2 slashes even though 2 slashes is all it takes to slash someone due to odd damage model.

You can look up BF3 hit detection on youtube and see how it can be so bad at times.

?? name a game that comes close
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#18 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I personally think the hit detection is excellent. My shots always hit where I aim. Tanks might have reactive armor, they also have localized damage - rear and turret take more damage than front and sides. Explains most differentials with tank damage

Balance is an issue, many servers I play on these days have auto balancing which can do a fairly good job. You'll never completely stop domination. I personally saw as many one sided matches in BC2, only in that game you could trap one team in their tiny spawn and keep killing them over and over.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
BF3 hit detection is pretty much as good as it gets. People crying foul are usually pretty bad players.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] it's always consistent

I even posted proof that it isn't and you're still saying that. :lol:
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jebus213
Looks like I'll have to prove it again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UR8qVZTMnMAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oSoZ7RCP4t4 Starts at 1:04 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru-1mzteMTE&feature=youtu.be&t=1m4shttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HkkqBbac5I
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jebus213
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]the hit detection in bf3 is client side it's always consistentJigglyWiggly_

Most games are better. The ones I can think of that are worse are past BF games.
ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Don't foget flash lights that blind you in daylight, and all those unbalnced perks making it unfair for low level players, level 50 in helicopter spams heat seeking missiles, level 5 in jet all he can do is dodge the missiles and do crap all because he hasnt unlocked any perks, ye thats fun. I don;t understand why they have to make it so that higher level players get a huge advandage over low level players.

JohnFifteen12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JohnFifteen12
Member since 2012 • 205 Posts

Most games are better. The ones I can think of that are worse are past BF games.Jebus213

lol, this.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts
he obviously has the ps3 version, which he has rated on his profile as a 1.0. no point discussing the version of a game most of you haven't played.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I'd say the hit detection is pretty darn good.  Sometimes there's lag that you can't stop.  That's probably what you're referring to, or mistaken as bad hit detection.

aa

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Lol no. The game has crappy hit detection at times.

Jebus213

Most games are better. The ones I can think of that are worse are past BF games.

Most people who say it's bad haven't played a lot of really competitive MP games. BF3s netcode is spotty sometimes, but it's still some of the best around. Cleint side means your shots always count, they might register a bit late sometimes but they still count. 

Not being able to name any better means there are no obvious examples, or you don't play a lot online or you just post this crap because of your never ending tirade against BF3. 

Oh and TC doesn't have a clue either

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Lol no. The game has crappy hit detection at times.

Jebus213

name some better games your links i dont care what are look at raysteinerz always consistent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdXOEAtQXqg&hd=1
Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts
Kinda sums up my planetside 2 experience.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] ?? name a game that comes closeseanmcloughlin

Most people who say it's bad haven't played a lot of really competitive MP games. BF3s netcode is spotty sometimes, but it's still some of the best around. Cleint side means your shots always count, they might register a bit late sometimes but they still count. 

Not being able to name any better means there are no obvious examples, or you don't play a lot online or you just post this crap because of your never ending tirade against BF3. 

I just said most games are better :lol: What do I need to name?
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jebus213
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]your links i dont care what are

What the hell am I reading? Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? Ive been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. If you're not going to watch the videos then why even bother to reply?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] Most games are better. The ones I can think of that are worse are past BF games.Jebus213

Actually name some of them

If BF3 has the worst then there should be a bunch of games better in that regard. Name 5.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

If BF3 has the worst then there should be a bunch of games better in that regard. Name 5.

Why do I need to name them? Okay, most of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first-person_shooters
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]your links i dont care what are

What the hell am I reading? Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? Ive been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can.

because you are wrong you have 0 fps experience clueless scrub etc
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jebus213
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]your links i dont care what are

What the hell am I reading? Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? Ive been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can.

Great, now I have zero shooter experience because BF3 factually has a horrible netcode. I guess I don't play video games in general at all also.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] What the hell am I reading? Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? Ive been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can.Jebus213

Great, now I have zero shooter experience because BF3 factually has a horrible netcode. I guess I don't play video games at all also.

clearly not
otherwise you would realize bf3 has the best netcode of any fps

projectiles are client side, consistency, interpolated movement so you don't see people stuttering around

BF3 I can play fine with 150 ping. If I tried doing in quake live, yeah.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jebus213
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] because you are wrong you have 0 fps experience clueless scrub etc

Great, now I have zero shooter experience because BF3 factually has a horrible netcode. I guess I don't play video games at all also.

clearly not otherwise you would realize bf3 has the best netcode of any fps projectiles are client side, consistency, interpolated movement so you don't see people stuttering around

I posted videos and I'm guessing you ignored them. I'm guessing because of your fvcking grammar. You type like a damn eight year old.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] I just said most games are better :lol: What do I need to name?Jebus213

Why do I need to name them? Okay, most of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first-person_shooters

Yes you do, because you clearly can't name them and now you're using a bunch of cop outs. Just admit you haven't a clue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] Great, now I have zero shooter experience because BF3 factually has a horrible netcode. I guess I don't play video games at all also.Jebus213
clearly not otherwise you would realize bf3 has the best netcode of any fps projectiles are client side, consistency, interpolated movement so you don't see people stuttering around

I posted videos and I'm guessing you ignored them. I'm guessing because of your fvcking grammar. You type like a damn five year old.

Getting a bit defensive now are we? 

He ignored your videos because firstly he watched them before when you posted, secondly in those videos it's not always like that, it only happens sometimes which every game has hiccups and no net code is perfect. And thirdly he doesn't need videos because unlike you he actually knows what he's talking about and uses his experience to get the point acrosss. He doens't need someone elses opinions like you do to reaffirm what he believes

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

I personally think the hit detection is excellent. My shots always hit where I aim. Tanks might have reactive armor, they also have localized damage - rear and turret take more damage than front and sides. Explains most differentials with tank damage

Balance is an issue, many servers I play on these days have auto balancing which can do a fairly good job. You'll never completely stop domination. I personally saw as many one sided matches in BC2, only in that game you could trap one team in their tiny spawn and keep killing them over and over.

nutcrackr
This, tbh I think the people who complain about hit detection are cod lovers that are use to killing someone even though they barely touched them. But then the same people complained about Bad Companies and BF2 which again I found fantastic because you had to have practically pinpoint accuracy. Some of the best hit detection in any series. These people need to learn2play simple as.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JigglyWiggly_

Looks like I'll have to prove it again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UR8qVZTMnMAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oSoZ7RCP4t4 Starts at 1:04 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru-1mzteMTE&feature=youtu.be&t=1m4shttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HkkqBbac5IJebus213

okay
1st video: talks about absolutely nothing
2nd video: he is surpressed/ maybe something actually did happen here? only video worth posting
3rd video: what does that have to do with the hit detection?

4th video: it's client side hit detection

he got killed on the other guy's screen, it just had to take a while to register

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]Actually name some of them

seanmcloughlin

Yes you do, because you clearly can't name them and now you're using a bunch of cop outs. Just admit you haven't a clue

CoD2 Tribes: Ascend Cod:WaW Red Orchestra 2 Crysis 3 and yeah...most shooters. Happy now?
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] Why do I need to name them? Okay, most of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first-person_shootersJebus213

CoD2 Tribes: Ascend Cod:WaW Red Orchestra 2 Crysis 3 and yeah...most shooters. Happy now?

COD2: This is mostly quake 3's netcode, it's not special, nor is it very good.

Tribes Ascend: This game could have much better net code. Projectiles need to be client side. In the euro 2v2 amsterdan arena tourny I am in, I have 195 ping, and my projectiles are delayed a lot.

but most of all Crysis 3
LOL
that game has netcode permanently set to off

clueless scrub confirmed

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]Looks like I'll have to prove it again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UR8qVZTMnMAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oSoZ7RCP4t4 Starts at 1:04 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru-1mzteMTE&feature=youtu.be&t=1m4shttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HkkqBbac5IJigglyWiggly_

okay
2nd video: he is surpressed/ maybe something actually did happen here? only video worth posting

he got killed on the other guy's screen, it just had to take a while to register

1. You're an idiot. 2. Yeah, something did happen. 3. The netcode is horrible 4. Then clientside hit detection is horrible.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

JigglyWiggly_

Tribes Ascend: This game could have much better net code. Projectiles need to be client side. In the euro 2v2 amsterdan arena tourny I am in, I have 195 ping, and my projectiles are delayed a lot.

but most of all Crysis 3
LOL

clueless scrub confirmed

and no proof. Clueless scrub confirmed.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]Looks like I'll have to prove it again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UR8qVZTMnMAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oSoZ7RCP4t4 Starts at 1:04 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru-1mzteMTE&feature=youtu.be&t=1m4shttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HkkqBbac5IJebus213

okay

1. You're an idiot. 2. Yeah, something did happen. 3. The netcode is horrible 4. Then clientside hit detection is horrible.

no wonder zubin left this forum lol

crysis 3 may have netcode set to off

but your brain is set to off perm 

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] 

okay

JigglyWiggly_

no wonder zubin left this forum lol

crysis 3 may have netcode set to off

but your brain is set to off perm 

How do you call somebody a clueless kid while you type like an autistic five year old?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] CoD2 Tribes: Ascend Cod:WaW Red Orchestra 2 Crysis 3 and yeah...most shooters. Happy now?Jebus213

but most of all Crysis 3
LOL

clueless scrub confirmed

and no proof. Clueless scrub confirmed.

Jesus you're such an idiot.

Tribes is good, but anything higher than like 50 ping leads to big problems with some weapons. BF3 you can play up to almost 150 ping and have far less issues.

COD2 I'll give you that one

Red Orchestra 2? Don't make me laugh, that game is terribly laggy. And it has far more problems than just netcode

And Crysis 3, now that's just stupid. have you even played the game? The netcode is terrible. Here's my own video of the game, it's atrocious at times.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-59b71619573a1

How do you call somebody a clueless kid while you type like an autistic five year old?Jebus213

He just doesn't bother with writing full sentences. At least he CAN type properly if he wanted. But you'll always be an idiot

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#50 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I haven't played in a long time, but the game is a lot of fun.