BF3 some gripes of the gfx

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] I also find this to get in the way of my multiplayer experience. I use to be able to spot someone a lot easier in Bad Company 2. In fact, BC2's AA is so much better than BF3's and takes very little performance hit. BF3, with or without MSAA, Post AA still has jaggies all over and it's hard to sight campers especially and other players. I think this hampers the game quite a bit.

Elann2008

BF3 uses a deferred render which causes AA issues. A practical AA solution for a deferred renderer is out of the question atm.

So basically, it has crappy AA? :( damn

si senior. its a drawback u must pay for having good lighting :P

threeplusfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 threeplusfour
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"] The lens flare, dust particles on eyelids, extreme lighting etc.... it's just overwhelming.gedz

This is also my biggest gripe in the game. The dust particles on the eyelids were particularly irritating for me.

Not really gfx related, but the chat window thing is kinda hard to read for me. It's like I have to look at a particular surface to make it clear.

Its not dust on the eyelids, if you notice everyone is wearing protective eye wear in both single (apart from the Russians) and multiplayer. Its actually what happens in real life when you get dust/ crap on yourglasses, you get glare and it makes it difficult to see in direct sunlight. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="gedz"]

[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"] The lens flare, dust particles on eyelids, extreme lighting etc.... it's just overwhelming.threeplusfour

This is also my biggest gripe in the game. The dust particles on the eyelids were particularly irritating for me.

Not really gfx related, but the chat window thing is kinda hard to read for me. It's like I have to look at a particular surface to make it clear.

Its not dust on the eyelids, if you notice everyone is wearing protective eye wear in both single (apart from the Russians) and multiplayer. Its actually what happens in real life when you get dust/ crap on yourglasses, you get glare and it makes it difficult to see in direct sunlight. :D

Yeah but during the cutscenes in an office from a third person POV you still have dust all over the place. you have dust on your eyes while playing ad Dima and from what we've seen from him and his team they wear no eye protection. Its just an effect DICE liked so they put it everywhere