Best MMO besides WOW?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts

In your opinion, shat is the best MMO besides WOW?

I want to try something different from the typical $50-$60 games every 2 months.

I've played World of Warcraft's 10 day trial and wasn't too into it. I for some reason can't stand the graphical style of it, it gives me headaches.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
In your opinion, what makes an MMO good? What are you looking for, other than non-WOW graphics styles?
73X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 73X
Member since 2008 • 1545 Posts

I enjoy Guild Wars. Active community, diverse classes, and no subscription fees.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Vindictus(mabinogi heroes), Continent of Ninth and Tera are the only that look halfway non-bad to me.. They, to me, look like sorta like an mmo with a dmc feel, which if it's done right... i'd think makes the 'near ultimate' mmo... but, I dunno, they're all impossible to play, so it's hard to know for sure... no demo/open betas.. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Honestly there is no better mmo them wow, If someone stuck me in a room and said i could only play 1 game for the rest of my life it would be WOW. It is very fun, but it is not for anyone that has any kind of life outside of video games. I guess i should add, that besides wow, mmo's dont matter, if you dont like the king of mmo's chances are you will not like any others

Crispenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Crispenz
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts
honestly at the moment, World of Warcraft is the only good/stable MMO out there. it really gets exciting once you get to the high lvls because you can raid. but the only other good MMO isnt even out and it will be Star Wars: The Old Republic, haha
sillaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sillaris
Member since 2008 • 1083 Posts

Honestly there is no better mmo them wow, If someone stuck me in a room and said i could only play 1 game for the rest of my life it would be WOW. It is very fun, but it is not for anyone that has any kind of life outside of video games. I guess i should add, that besides wow, mmo's dont matter, if you dont like the king of mmo's chances are you will not like any others

Advid-Gamer
why is it king? because any 10yr old can play it on a 10yr old computer? WoW is the most casual easy game ever made. anyone can play and understand it THATS what makes it sell millions. does WoW have pvp penalties? No. Eve-online does.. you lose your ship when it blows up. I like PvP with penalties so id rather play Eveonline. sometimes i even go back to star wars galaxies for its bounty hunting system... what other MMO has ever had a bounty hunting system? None. If i had to chose 1 I would chose Eve online. it has a way more mature community than WoW and better game features
rollermint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rollermint
Member since 2010 • 632 Posts

I want to try something different from the typical $50-$60 games every 2 months.

I've played World of Warcraft's 10 day trial and wasn't too into it. I for some reason can't stand the graphical style of it, it gives me headaches.

Frenzyd109

EVE-Online. Its definitely not for the average MMO gamer tho.(read : casualised gameplay).

Epitome of only the strongest (or the most cunning) will dominate. PVP in its purest form and not just in the combat sense.

Its one hell of a MMO, everything is shaped by the players.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

EQ2 is pretty good and theres tons of addons. More quests and zones than you can handle. Can't say for pvp since never touch that.

Just to add don't be fooled by the wow graphics. Wow is still the best mmo out there. But Eq2 is more content and better graphics.

idkwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 idkwow
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
me too lol
DaAzub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaAzub
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts

Best for PvP i have to to say hmm.. perhaps Darkfall Online??

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

It looks like The Old Republic is going to be up there with the best...Bioware know how to make a god game I tell ya!

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

Try Allods.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
There are only two good MMOs, imo, WoW and EVE, the rest are bad, garbage, horrible.
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

honestly at the moment, World of Warcraft is the only good/stable MMO out there. it really gets exciting once you get to the high lvls because you can raid. but the only other good MMO isnt even out and it will be Star Wars: The Old Republic, hahaCrispenz

Honestly thats not true. There are a few GREAT MMO that are GOOD/STABLE like Guild WARS 2 and Runes Of Magic,you should give them a try. WoW has the biggest community and it is a great MMO, BUT now with the F2P out there, that are outstanding games. RoM is my perfered MMO now and it's VERY VERY STABLE AND GREAT. I myself can't image going backwards and start paying for WoW with RoM being such a great game and i only have to pay for things i am going to use and only if i want them and none of them are needed. Don't compare all F2P to DDO and AoC both of which are very unstable and laggy.

lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lge777

RUNES OF MAGIC

Give it a try, it's Free to download and F2P you can't go wrong with FREE

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

best MMO besides WoW? who said WoW is the best MMO?

try Guild Wars or just wait for Guild Wars 2

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ChiliDragon

PredatorRules
That's the problem with threads like these. You end up getting a long list of people's opinions, all of them presented as fact, which is why it's so difficult to get any sort of idea of what the games are like and whether you'd like them or not, from reading the thread. If WoW is the best, why is that? What does it have that others are missing? If Guild Wars is better than WoW, what is it about GW that makes it better? Why is Runes of Magic a good game? Et cetera, et cetera... ad nauseam. :P
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lge777

[QUOTE="PredatorRules"]

ChiliDragon

That's the problem with threads like these. You end up getting a long list of people's opinions, all of them presented as fact, which is why it's so difficult to get any sort of idea of what the games are like and whether you'd like them or not, from reading the thread. If WoW is the best, why is that? What does it have that others are missing? If Guild Wars is better than WoW, what is it about GW that makes it better? Why is Runes of Magic a good game? Et cetera, et cetera... ad nauseam. :P

He was asking a opinon question,but you point is right.Most the MMORPG are all "Everquest Clones" that took Brad McQuaid'sidea and capitalized on it. So which is better WoW is most likely the best out there because of the hughcommuinty thatsNot very help full not very fun to play with,

I prefer "Runes of Magic"

1.F2P/Free download, you pay if want.

2.Very stable,Little to no LAG

3. Great Community very helpfull,Fun to play with

4. Lots to do.Quest/Raids/ Mult Classing/skills/Hugh

5. Great Character development

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

EVE Online. Is a outstanding Geo-political, macro-economic simulator.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ChiliDragon

I prefer "Runes of Magic"

1.F2P/Free download, you pay if want.

2.Very stable,Little to no LAG

3. Great Community very helpfull,Fun to play with

4. Lots to do.Quest/Raids/ Mult Classing/skills/Hugh

5. Great Character development

lge777
See, that's what I was talking about! Clearly stated reasons for your opinion. I did not enjoy the gameplay for Runes of Magic as much as I expected, too much EQ and not enough Diablo, if that makes sense, so I don't play it very often. The community is great though.
Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#23 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

The original Star Wars Galaxies before Sony destroyed it.

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

No ones gonna mention Aion? I thinks its a pretty good MMO even with some grinding.

scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts

Guild Wars was alot of fun in its day I think its still going ok.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

I would say Age of Conan. It is different enough from other mmos to be worth a try and when you try you will notice that it is actually a good game on its own merits without having to resort to comparisons. If you have a decent pc its also the best looking mmo out there. Aion may have great character models but the rest of the game looks avarage at best.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

LOTRO(although pvp is almost nonexistant).

Zerkrender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zerkrender
Member since 2007 • 633 Posts
You can't let people decide for you, you need to try some free trials and see what you like for yourself. Here is a list of MMORPGs I've heard were consider good by some margin. Everquest 2: Your millage may vary but a lot of people love the WoWlization of the game. It now has soloing and people claim it has better end game raiding than World of Warcraft, there are just less people to raid with. Has PVP but no one does it. Vanguard Saga of Heroes: An open ended MMO with a very deep item creation system. Also has an unique diplomatic card battle mini game if you're into the certain thing. I haven't heard much about it, it's a lot less popular than even Everquest. Age of Conan: Blood and gore! On a serious note it has an unique melee combat system and mounted combat. If you're in a guild you can build castles and conquer other guild castles. Fallen Earth: Don't know much about it, but it has FPS gameplay, and it's set after a nuclear fallout, it's a Fallout 3 MMOFPSRPG! Aion: This got a lot of backlash because of the mega hype. The biggest turn off is that it is grindy, most people who wanted this game to replace WoW quit around level 35. If you can handle the grind I heard that the PVP is fast and intense. Also has one of the best character creation if that matters to you. Warhammer Online: I have an older sister who is actually playing this as she waits for Cata. Many long old time MMO players says it has one of the best PVP MMOs to date. Lord of the Rings Online: A lot of people describe it as 'WoW with a smaller but nicer community' sounds great to me
supras989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 supras989
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts

Runescape...

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

People who say that there are only one or two decent mmorpgs are just too close-minded to explore any others.

If you like PvP, then I would suggest Darkfall Online. There is no auto-targetting, so you have to aim all your attacks like in Mount and Blade or Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. The game offers melee, archery, mounted combat, and magic as the different attacks you have at your disposal. Even in melee, you have to carefully aim and time your swings. Death has real meaning because you drop everything that you are carrying. Looting is free for all. Only the items left in your personal bank are safe. They have a new 14 day free trial offer. If you are interested, run a google search.

grafficsak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 grafficsak
Member since 2009 • 304 Posts

I haven't played WoW in over a year....but I would honestly say ever since I quit the addiction, I have not found another mmoRPG that can even compare to WoW. I will never dive into WoW again, now that Starcraft 2 will be devouring my hours come this summer.

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

I believe EVE is really the best MMO out there for a few reasons:

-It's very unique as far as popular MMOs go. AoC, GW, WoW, RoM, EQ, DAoC, and FFXI are really very similar at their core.

-The majority of the gameplay/content comes from the players themselves rather than NPCs.

-It's huge. Not just in the sense of the actual size of the gameworld, but the amount of players, the amount of things there are to do, the number of skills available, all the different ways to customize, the complexity of the economy, etc.

-Unlike other MMOs, there are no real classes with restricted skill trees, and no game-defined professions. What your class or profession you are is up to you to define.

-Less rules. Players lie, cheat, steal, antagonize. The game is often very unfair, just like real life. Figuring out who to trust and not to trust adds a great dynamic to gameplay.

-Bigger consequences. You can go from riches to rags very quickly if you aren't careful or do something foolish. This makes for a tense and exciting game.

-Frequent updates and expansions, all of them without additional charges.

RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#33 RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

Try Lord of the Rings Online. Really good MMO the only downside is the lack of PvP.

khanabyss25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 khanabyss25
Member since 2004 • 279 Posts
Ultima online /Topic
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
Tbh im going to bluntly say AVOID EVE ONLINE, despite the praise it gets around here. Its a cruel capatilist ladder system, where the guys that have been playing longer than you automatically win purely on time played, you can spend litterally a few months farming for a specific ship, only to pay insurance that costs just as much to even risk taking it out, and then ultimatly get it destroyed so easily. I love the sandbox concept that EVE and Ultima have done, but EVE is just a waste of a life and a game.
Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts

Tbh im going to bluntly say AVOID EVE ONLINE, despite the praise it gets around here. Its a cruel capatilist ladder system, where the guys that have been playing longer than you automatically win purely on time played, you can spend litterally a few months farming for a specific ship, only to pay insurance that costs just as much to even risk taking it out, and then ultimatly get it destroyed so easily. I love the sandbox concept that EVE and Ultima have done, but EVE is just a waste of a life and a game.Birdy09

never played eve before..... clearly. please ignore this misinformed troll. he is just spouting **** that he heard on a forum.

the ship i use in 0.0 fully fitted costs around 50mil..... i can make that in just a few hours. i lose maybe 1-2 ships a month in 0.0. that is on a bad month. i have gone several months without losing any ships.

insurance is no where near as much as the ship, and once you have money and can make money, you dont care about losing ships anymore because it doesnt matter. being podded and losing your implants is what matters most, because depending on the level of implants, they can cost many.... MANY times more than a standard ship.

Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
Everquest 2 is another good one they just launched another expansion and raised the lvl cap to lvl 90 with more AA 12 new dungeons etc etc.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"]Tbh im going to bluntly say AVOID EVE ONLINE, despite the praise it gets around here. Its a cruel capatilist ladder system, where the guys that have been playing longer than you automatically win purely on time played, you can spend litterally a few months farming for a specific ship, only to pay insurance that costs just as much to even risk taking it out, and then ultimatly get it destroyed so easily. I love the sandbox concept that EVE and Ultima have done, but EVE is just a waste of a life and a game.Roland123_basic

never played eve before..... clearly. please ignore this misinformed troll. he is just spouting **** that he heard on a forum.

the ship i use in 0.0 fully fitted costs around 50mil..... i can make that in just a few hours. i lose maybe 1-2 ships a month in 0.0. that is on a bad month. i have gone several months without losing any ships.

insurance is no where near as much as the ship, and once you have money and can make money, you dont care about losing ships anymore because it doesnt matter. being podded and losing your implants is what matters most, because depending on the level of implants, they can cost many.... MANY times more than a standard ship.

Troll? bit of an exaguration, wouldnt be suprized from someone whos a fanboy of a game, so how long have you been playing to get in that position? do tell.
Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts
[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"]Tbh im going to bluntly say AVOID EVE ONLINE, despite the praise it gets around here. Its a cruel capatilist ladder system, where the guys that have been playing longer than you automatically win purely on time played, you can spend litterally a few months farming for a specific ship, only to pay insurance that costs just as much to even risk taking it out, and then ultimatly get it destroyed so easily. I love the sandbox concept that EVE and Ultima have done, but EVE is just a waste of a life and a game.Birdy09

Troll? bit of an exaguration, wouldnt be suprized from someone whos a fanboy of a game, so how long have you been playing to get in that position? do tell.

about 6 months.... suprised, arent you? you didnt deny that you had never played eve..... and i can see you clearly play WOW. so who is the fanboy spreading misinformation about a game?
dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dos4gw82

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"]Tbh im going to bluntly say AVOID EVE ONLINE, despite the praise it gets around here. Its a cruel capatilist ladder system, where the guys that have been playing longer than you automatically win purely on time played, you can spend litterally a few months farming for a specific ship, only to pay insurance that costs just as much to even risk taking it out, and then ultimatly get it destroyed so easily. I love the sandbox concept that EVE and Ultima have done, but EVE is just a waste of a life and a game.Birdy09

Again with the fanboy. :roll: Calling someone a fanboy is a pathetically cheap and lazy way to discredit him/her.

You act like the only way to enjoy the game is being able to compete with 7 year veterans. There is plenty of good gameplay to be had at all levels of experience, you just need to understand what you can and can't do.

It's actually fairly simple: Don't go into lowsec if you're not ready. If you run into a fight you know you don't have a chance of winning, run away. And probably the most important rule of EVE (the one you seem to not know) is do not risk a ship you can't afford to lose.

And I agree: it's a cruel capitalist ladder system...but that's actually why it's fun.

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

If i had a time machine I would say EQ

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts

[QUOTE="Frenzyd109"]

rollermint

EVE-Online. Its definitely not for the average MMO gamer tho.(read : casualised gameplay).

Epitome of only the strongest (or the most cunning) will dominate. PVP in its purest form and not just in the combat sense.

Most definately this. EvE online is by far the best MMO out there, however as stated if you are a casual gamer you have no place here.
firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

I have to say Guildwars, it's still going strong, amazing game, and is more focused on peoples skill instead of level. I've put over 270 hours into it, on one account (i have others which probably have 50-100 hours).

A video i made of guildwars by me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E0QaCIBPtk

If you want a free one, Runescape. I'm sorry, but i used to love this game, and made music videos of it ect, infact the company even hosted a youtube video competition, and the winner would get an all-expense payed trip to there studio.

A popular music video of runescape (RSMV) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbWrtc0ZTPQ

A famous video makers comedy series of runescape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7giLmQmSa0

Sorry, i just love making and watching videos ^^....

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shakmaster13
[QUOTE="rollermint"]

[QUOTE="Frenzyd109"]

wigan_gamer

Most definately this. EvE online is by far the best MMO out there, however as stated if you are a casual gamer you have no place here.

Not enjoying gank on sight gameplay for the first few months of an MMO doesn't make you casual, it makes you normal. I'm sorry for people who feel the need to kill you and your pods in EVE just for the hell of it. I certainly wouldn't recommend it for someone coming off of wow.
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 wigan_gamer

The bottom line is if you want a casual game get guild wars. However if you want a serious game get EvE, You will get the best out of GW if you lay it casual IMO as it can get stale. Whereas with EvE you won't get anything in return for your time unless you are devoted to playing and putting a lot of time in, then it really shines. No online game has ever compared to EvE that I have played, I just don't have the time these days to play it religously. Which is a shame.

Edit: For above poster :

Why not? it is a progression from WoW which is simplistic and to be fair, quite boring. Yes EvE isn't exactly noob friendly and there are jerks out there who do things like destroy your pod. But I think this is the fun, there is actual danger in this game that you could loose all your money (or a good chunk of it), whereas WoW or GW you never get this. PvP in this game is SERIOUS. Thats what makes it stand out to me.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]

Roland123_basic

Again with the fanboy. :roll: Calling someone a fanboy is a pathetically cheap and lazy way to discredit him/her.

You act like the only way to enjoy the game is being able to compete with 7 year veterans. There is plenty of good gameplay to be had at all levels of experience, you just need to understand what you can and can't do.

It's actually fairly simple: Don't go into lowsec if you're not ready. If you run into a fight you know you don't have a chance of winning, run away. And probably the most important rule of EVE (the one you seem to not know) is do not risk a ship you can't afford to lose.

And I agree: it's a cruel capitalist ladder system...but that's actually why it's fun.

Well you and I have very different views on whats fun dont we? so im not wrong, being a fanboy or trolling, and the reason that its so limited in player base is the reason most dont? I like the concept, just thier horrible grind is pointless and incredible boring, use reviews, critic reviews and whatever else points to this aswell. At least Ultima Online being a sandbox had variety and made it fun, not just traveling through empty space mining, killing pirates and the occasional PVP fight.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]

Roland123_basic

about 6 months.... suprised, arent you? you didnt deny that you had never played eve..... and i can see you clearly play WOW. so who is the fanboy spreading misinformation about a game?

No im not suprized at all, 3-6 months to get to that point is the average, before that the game has nothing going for it.... just a tedious waiting game traversing an empty shell. EVE all of a sudden appearing on the TOP mmo list, oh cmon, its the best niche sandbox, but that aint saying much. Only those at the top or that have stuck out the boredom have any sort of enjoyment, that is a general conception.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shakmaster13

The bottom line is if you want a casual game get guild wars. However if you want a serious game get EvE, You will get the best out of GW if you lay it casual IMO as it can get stale. Whereas with EvE you won't get anything in return for your time unless you are devoted to playing and putting a lot of time in, then it really shines. No online game has ever compared to EvE that I have played, I just don't have the time these days to play it religously. Which is a shame.

Edit: For above poster :

Why not? it is a progression from WoW which is simplistic and to be fair, quite boring. Yes EvE isn't exactly noob friendly and there are jerks out there who do things like destroy your pod. But I think this is the fun, there is actual danger in this game that you could loose all your money (or a good chunk of it), whereas WoW or GW you never get this. PvP in this game is SERIOUS. Thats what makes it stand out to me.

wigan_gamer
I'm not saying it is bad, just that labeling anything that doesn't requires as big of a time sink on a consistent basis as casual isn't something I agree with. I do appreciate the fact that it tries to set itself apart from all the other MMO's though.
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 wigan_gamer
Thats not the only reason I label it as casual, I just think however many hours you put it in you get to a certain point and you can't progress any further, skillwise and item wise (seeing as items aren't as big a deal as most MMO's). Once you have learned other characters abilities and most common builds, and you can play a few classes well you are pretty much not going to get much better. It is a very fun game but I wasn't keen on the PvE at all, and the PvP was pretty easy to get really good at (for me anyway). This is what makes the game casual in my eyes. It is a great game for what it is, but if you want an MMO that rewards you for more time then EvE is the clear choice. I actually prefer GW to WoW as it has much less of a grind and a wider choice of builds.
dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dos4gw82

Well you and I have very different views on whats fun dont we? so im not wrong, being a fanboy or trolling, and the reason that its so limited in player base is the reason most dont? I like the concept, just thier horrible grind is pointless and incredible boring, use reviews, critic reviews and whatever else points to this aswell. At least Ultima Online being a sandbox had variety and made it fun, not just traveling through empty space mining, killing pirates and the occasional PVP fight.

Birdy09

If you think those are the only things to do in EVE, you're quite mistaken. There is much to do on your own, but like most MMOs, most of the value can be found playing the game with other people. It doesn't sound like you were in a corp (or at least not a good one), something fairly essensial to having fun in EVE and not being frustrated. It's funny you mentioned sandboxes, because that's exactly what EVE is.

Also, ask yourself how many other MMOs there are where something like this is possible.