Best 2011 gaming mouse?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blue_Tomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

User Lists: 0

#1 Blue_Tomato
Member since 2002 • 1585 Posts

My Logitech MX Revolution is dying, with several buttons starting to respond poorly, so I am preparing to get a new mouse.

I'm considering a gaming mouse, as I use my PC for games, however, I also use it a lot for other tasks like Photoshopping, 3D design and other stuff that requires a comfortable and high precision mouse. Money is not an issue, I use my PC so much it makes total sense to invest in a solid piece of hardware here.

So far I have been looking into Razer Naga Epic and Logitech Performance Mouse MX, but I'm quite overwhelmed with the huge amount of choices on the market. Any suggestions?

Oh, it should be wireless by the way, as I have a nice soup of cables behind my desk already... :)

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

Razer Mamba, it's over $100 but so awesome :P.

(You can use it wired OR wireless and has 5600 DPI)

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I picked the Naga because I played MMOs at the time, but even with FPS games and RPGs the extra buttons are priceless, not to mention its extremely sharp for FPS games when you need it to be.
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Well whatever you do, dont get the g9 is uncomfortable even for my small palm so I assume is a nightmare to avg/big palms.

anolecrabcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anolecrabcf
Member since 2005 • 658 Posts
I had the same problem as you my MX Revolution died (I was absolutely in love with that mouse) so I needed a replacement. I ended up buying a G700 mouse, it's also from logitech, and I have no regrets. It has a sh**load of buttons, which I love, and has all the thing I like from the Revolution. Well except for the automatic change between super scroll and click-by-click scrolling
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

The truth is I can't tell the difference between a $10 mouse and a $100 mouse other than the extra buttons. So it's really up to you. I've just been using this one. A few of my friends also own it and love it. It changes colors pretty bad ass if you ask me. I game a lot and have never found the need for the extra buttons but that's just me..

The black/red ones sold out everywhere

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826664010

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826664015

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826664016

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFV-K1vsECc

Jump to 1:20

Yagnav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Yagnav
Member since 2004 • 6107 Posts

Razer Mamba or Cyborg Rat 9 hands down. They're both about the same price. Though you may want to know that the cyborg rat is a bit on the heavier side but has tons of hardware customisation options.

But i must insert disclaimer here, once you use any of these products you may not want to use a lesser mouse. EVER.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

Well whatever you do, dont get the g9 is uncomfortable even for my small palm so I assume is a nightmare to avg/big palms.

Bikouchu35
Its a great mouse and you have little to no idea what your talking about. Palm grip: put on the wide grip in the package of the (G9x) Eagle, palm rested with fingers pressed back and raised off the body of the mouse: second smallest grip Claw: No grip. I can palm a basketball and it works perfectly fine for how I play.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

I recommend the G700 mouse form logitech.

Not only is it up to 5000 dpi, not only is it wireless, nto only does it have plenty of buttons and on-the-fly dpi adjustment, but it's got the smooth wheel!

I can't do regular wheel anymore.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Razer Mamba, it's over $100 but so awesome :P.

(You can use it wired OR wireless and has 5600 DPI)

urdead18

Naga > Mamba :D

Kendog87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kendog87
Member since 2010 • 1111 Posts

Ive been thinking about getting the Razer Mamba for some time now.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Its a great mouse and you have little to no idea what your talking about. Palm grip: put on the wide grip in the package of the (G9x) Eagle, palm rested with fingers pressed back and raised off the body of the mouse: second smallest grip Claw: No grip. I can palm a basketball and it works perfectly fine for how I play.IvanElk

Be that as it may, I dont get all bias and jiggly over products that I own, I say it as it is. The mouse is just not that comfy to me, no middle finger rest, and the big butt to small tip design doesnt fly for me. Its a matter of opinion and I have mines personally Ill take lachesis or g5/g700 kind of shape & build. At least those dont have the shell get loose and start wobbling like my friends g9 did!

I think Logitech got a little too cute with their designing too since the scroll wheel is tiny in other words form over function though they did save its grace with microgear switch.

Blue_Tomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#13 Blue_Tomato
Member since 2002 • 1585 Posts

I ended up getting the G700 in the end. First impressions are quite good, except my revolution MX was much more convenient to recharge (just had to drop it into a charger every night, while the g700 needs to have a small USB surgically inserted), also the thumb-rest texture makes the mouse feel a bit strange, like someone who had sticky fingers from chocolate has been using it.I cant help thinking it will attract a lot of dirt over time.

Other than that, seems quite responsive, accurate, and comfortable, just need to get used to it... The many buttons sure are very useful, and I appreciate the sleek design. :)