Been a Console Gamer for 21 Years.....

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#52 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
Computer hardware is a drug. I just want to buy a pile of them.. and dive in.. get cuts all over myself and snort through it.
V-Act

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 V-Act
Member since 2005 • 660 Posts

The whole "pc gaming is dieing" thing, is a load of BS. Im not a fanboy, i love all kinds of games for diffrent consoles and such (just as i love women of diffrent sizes, races ect ect, in short i love women). Right now im going to admit tough that i want to have an 360. Becouse i want to get my hands on Alan Wake, Dead Space and Dead Rising 1+2.

It´s quite scary to see these fanboys/girls go head to head on the net (and even irl) over that matter, for god sake...can´t we just all get along and just enjoy the games?. I thought that videogames/gaming was all about having fun in the first place. Not to hate each other over what system you may/may not own.

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
Welcome to your new life, full of enriched awesome.theafiguy
im pc exclusive, had a xbox 360 but i gave that to my cousin. im still going to get a wii, though. theres some games on that system that sparks my interest.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
[QUOTE="CoreoVII"]

And I got my first legit desktop that was built (I bought the parts) for under 1200K. It runs mass effect 2, Bioshock 2, and Dragon Age on max settings with no lag or frame rate drops.

All I have to say is now I understand where all the good games I used to play growing up went too. Instead of playing a Zelda rehash or Tekken 55 I get original epics with involving dialog, fun gameplay, AND STORY.

I have come to realization that the people stating PC gaming is dieing is either being a troll or does not yet own their own PC. i mean what an investment omg. Bioware and Steam are my favorite things in life now. besides the other normal stuff we have to do to make a living.

I mean doesn't the consoles just fell inferior to you after playing games on your Desktop? Mods, better graphics, customizable controls.

I have been missing out for a long time it seems.

Not anymore.

PC Gamers Rejoice!!!!

I am glad for you, but all 3 of those games you mentioned, you know, the ones with dialog, fun game-play and story, ARE on consoles too.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
I like pc gaming because I know that when i upgrade my graphics card to a next gen level, not only is my system still compatible to play previous generation games, but can play them at better performance! It irritates me how on the consoles, when you wish to play a previous gen game, you can only play what's compatible with the system, OR whatever they have in their games marketplace. But after you download it, you expect the console run it perfectly at 1080p at higher FPS because the parts of the console are much better than last gen.... but no. Why can't my 360 play the original halo @ 1080p 60 fps? But that's ok, instead, I bought Halo pc, where i CAN play at 1080p @ well over 60 fps and it has free online play. This is one of the many areas that PC gaming wins for me.
alvaro_pg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 alvaro_pg
Member since 2003 • 330 Posts
[QUOTE="GhoX"]Computer hardware is a drug. I just want to buy a pile of them.. and dive in.. get cuts all over myself and snort through it.

Lol me too :P
alvaro_pg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 alvaro_pg
Member since 2003 • 330 Posts
Welcome aboard man! Ive been a PC gamer since... well as long as I can remember. Ive also owned a N64 and a PSX and even though they were fun, you simply cant compare it to the experience of having a PC. Gaming on the PC is just amazing.
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
Nice. Glad you joined the good guys. Console gaming isnt crap, but it just doesnt do it for me anymore. I have a 360 and I barely even use it anymore. I occasionally play sports/racing games on it. My bro plays my 360 more than me now. Just got Call of Pripyat. Consoles dont have a series anything close to STALKER. This game is one of the main reason I PC game. Beat SoC like 15 times. Cheers to the new found happyness.
gosmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 gosmo
Member since 2005 • 289 Posts

Yeah, but heres the thing... It cost you 1200. :/

Thats the one thing keeping me from getting a PC. I'd rather just make 1 payment of about 400. Then wait another 5 to 10 years to buy another.

Infinite_Access

Considering I pay an average of $20 dollars for each game I buy, I'd say our investment is about the same.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
To me consoles are nothing but a luxury add-on and sure if you have the money buy buy them but i much rather spend $600-800 build a great gaming pc instead buying a $300 console and a $300 -400 Pc. Let alone pc games in general cost $10-20 less Also let alone better graphics, more games available, backwards compatibility ( right now playing tiberian sun a 2000 game ) , alot of great free games like trackmania, better and more control options and best of all free Mods
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I can tell you that you definitely won't run out of games to play. There are hundreds of quality titles you must have missed. I became a PC gamer over ten years ago and I still have way too much catching up to do.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

Congratulations on you PC, but first things first, methinks we need to party it up a bit