Been a Console Gamer for 21 Years.....

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

And I got my first legit desktop that was built (I bought the parts) for under 1200K. It runs mass effect 2, Bioshock 2, and Dragon Age on max settings with no lag or frame rate drops.

All I have to say is now I understand where all the good games I used to play growing up went too. Instead of playing a Zelda rehash or Tekken 55 I get original epics with involving dialog, fun gameplay, AND STORY.

I have come to realization that the people stating PC gaming is dieing is either being a troll or does not yet own their own PC. i mean what an investment omg. Bioware and Steam are my favorite things in life now. besides the other normal stuff we have to do to make a living.

I mean doesn't the consoles just fell inferior to you after playing games on your Desktop? Mods, better graphics, customizable controls.

I have been missing out for a long time it seems.

Not anymore.

PC Gamers Rejoice!!!!

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
That's a good thing. You'll never want to leave PC.
no1alboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 no1alboogie
Member since 2003 • 1360 Posts
*applause* ..... everybody wakes up eventually ( we hope ) :)
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I have a 360, the only thing I want to do is put Linux on it, except i am SOL because my firmware is too high. So yes , I agree consoles are stupid, just fun to experiment on.

Sort of like how geohot took control of the ps3 hypervisor, he only has one game for it, he doesn't play it to game on lawl.

DasVolks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 DasVolks
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts
OP has finally seen the light, good job! :P Enjoy.
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
I mean doesn't the consoles just fell inferior to you after playing games on your Desktop?CoreoVII
No not really. But then I'm no fanboy and I definitely don't have that "oh shiney new thing" feeling that you currently have. There are great games on all platforms, why limit yourself to 1? 1 good thing about PCs though is you can actually use them to post on your GameSpot blog. :P
albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
I have both PC and xbox 360, and just counting gaming, I'd say they are about equal. Each platform has different types of games, so I try out both before I make a decision. I play some shooters and rpgs on PC and everything else on xbox.
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CoreoVII

Very true. I own a PS3, 360, and Wii aswell but other than Tekken 6, and COD, I dont really touch them anymore. I mean for FF13 and GOW yes but Ill just be wondering how better FF 13 would be with nude mods.

so yea

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
Ill just be wondering how better FF 13 would be with nude modsCoreoVII
10x :roll: 10x :P and for good measure another 10x :roll:
BeavermanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BeavermanA
Member since 2003 • 2652 Posts
Damn well you missed out on a lot. Consoles these days are actually much more similar to pc's. Back in the 90s the gap between consoles and pc's was ridiculous, heck consoles were stuck on SDTV resolution until fairly recently.
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CoreoVII

Damn well you missed out on a lot. Consoles these days are actually much more similar to pc's. Back in the 90s the gap between consoles and pc's was ridiculous, heck consoles were stuck on SDTV resolution until fairly recently. BeavermanA
So true,,,,,,,so depressing. Well not anymore.

BluePaw-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BluePaw-
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts

PC is for winners.

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

I've been a console gamer for a long time as well. I find pc gaming to be very superior in my opinion.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

Welcome to the fold! Now you see the light :P

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
For 1200k ofcourse you wil be able to max those games :P
Rawtheory333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rawtheory333
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

Just sold my PS3 and really could care less about it. The only thing consoles have going for em arethe blockbuster titles that come out exclusively for them, but they're almost always SP and last 10-20 hrs and thats it, you never touch em again. I'm so fed up with that **** that I'll never buy another console. They get thefighting games, JRPG's, and platformers. I don't give a **** about JRPG's anymore and platformers are so played out that I can't bear to play them anymore. I'm an adult now and none of my peers wants to invest time in a deep fighting game and fighting online just sucks for those of use that like our opponent in the same room. I choose to get my competitive gaming from FPS and RTS's now and there's no shortage of PC players for games like TF2, BFBC2 beta, and StarCraft...

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts
Welcome to your new life, full of enriched awesome.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#18 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Welcome! You'll enjoy your stay :)
Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Yeah, but heres the thing... It cost you 1200. :/

Thats the one thing keeping me from getting a PC. I'd rather just make 1 payment of about 400. Then wait another 5 to 10 years to buy another.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Been gaming since im 9 an im 41 now..Have both systems always have..Doesnt mean you cant love consoles either..Love my pc like the other folks..Have to love both genres...Its a gift i guess, love for gaming can exist on all platforms..Some just dont get it )...

redrezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 redrezo
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

been pc gaming since 1990 difficult to shake the habit.

aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts

welcome to the good life.

we have many fine members including a certain someone

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

welcome to the good life.

we have many fine members including a certain someone

aura_enchanted

umm.... what?

Oh, right... welcome :)

Avatar image for RichardStallman
RichardStallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RichardStallman
Member since 2009 • 1233 Posts

Thats the one thing keeping me from getting a PC. I'd rather just make 1 payment of about 400. Then wait another 5 to 10 years to buy another.

Infinite_Access
I pad 600 for mine back in 2007.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Congrats!
adv_tr00per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 adv_tr00per
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts

Steam changed my life :)

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

Welcome to the PC world!

I haven't had a console since the n64, and i haven't ever wanted anything else but my PC! Long live PC gaming! :x

dtrem1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dtrem1
Member since 2003 • 632 Posts

Hopefully you built it around Xmas. Those boxing deals on Steam were irrestible!

I am so behind now... I have PS3 and a Wii as well. I find the Wii compliments the PC pretty good. I love virtual console and playing the first party games. Im old and I like the nostalgia factor. Nintendo still makes damn good games.

Now if I just get through Dragon Age so I can move on to Bioshock 2 and Mass effect.. too many freakin games, not enough time!

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 theafiguy

Infinite_Access

Having a PC like that isn't very common, at least, not in my area of the world. Sure, there are some pretty extravagent computers out there, but I'd still be satisfied with just a generation upgrade on my GPU to a 9600. I'm not really picky.

That being said, when I do get the money together for my new computer, it's go big or go home :P

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#30 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

[QUOTE="CoreoVII"]I mean doesn't the consoles just fell inferior to you after playing games on your Desktop?CellAnimation
No not really. But then I'm no fanboy and I definitely don't have that "oh shiney new thing" feeling that you currently have. There are great games on all platforms, why limit yourself to 1? 1 good thing about PCs though is you can actually use them to post on your GameSpot blog. :P

I absolutely have that feeling after having played on PC. I recently played on PS3 and Xbox 360, and I seriously cannot imagine playing anything but fighting games on those.
I hear you. They feel extremely inferior. I am not limiting myself because I am a fanboy, gaming is actually better on the PC for me.
Great post by the way.

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#31 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
For 1200k ofcourse you wil be able to max those games :Pdakan45
1200k?
theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 theafiguy

[QUOTE="dakan45"]For 1200k ofcourse you wil be able to max those games :Pchandu83
1200k?

That's right.

$120,000. He has 90 GTX 295's all SLI and has 92 octacore processors.

suetracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 suetracy
Member since 2003 • 939 Posts

And I got my first legit desktop that was built (I bought the parts) for under 1200K. It runs mass effect 2, Bioshock 2, and Dragon Age on max settings with no lag or frame rate drops.

All I have to say is now I understand where all the good games I used to play growing up went too. Instead of playing a Zelda rehash or Tekken 55 I get original epics with involving dialog, fun gameplay, AND STORY.

I have come to realization that the people stating PC gaming is dieing is either being a troll or does not yet own their own PC. i mean what an investment omg. Bioware and Steam are my favorite things in life now. besides the other normal stuff we have to do to make a living.

I mean doesn't the consoles just fell inferior to you after playing games on your Desktop? Mods, better graphics, customizable controls.

Not anymore.

PC Gamers Rejoice!!!!

CoreoVII

Sorry but PC gaming is nothing when you realize, "oh crap my friends play on xbox 360's...nooooooooooooooooooo". PC gaming is more adcanced but I rather play with people I know all the time.

I'm not saying you won't have as much fun but I can't play games by muself all the time, and I only have one friend who actually uses a gaming PC and he doesn't use it that much anymore because he got bored of it. He's thinking of buying a 360...

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

[QUOTE="chandu83"][QUOTE="dakan45"]For 1200k ofcourse you wil be able to max those games :Ptheafiguy

1200k?

That's right.

Ha ha. Perhaps a bit high of an estimate. But I would gladly pay more. The way I see it, a good PC is like the Ferrari of gaming platforms. A 360 and PS3 might be a Ford Taurus. And the Wii would be the family minivan.

EDIT:

Oh wait. He said $120,000? :shock:

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

Sorry but PC gaming is nothing when you realize, "oh crap my friends play on xbox 360's...nooooooooooooooooooo". PC gaming is more adcanced but I rather play with people I know all the time.

I'm not saying you won't have as much fun but I can't play games by muself all the time, and I only have one friend who actually uses a gaming PC and he doesn't use it that much anymore because he got bored of it. He's thinking of buying a 360...suetracy

Simple answer. Get new friends.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#36 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
I prefer PC gaming because its comfort and versatile.
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CoreoVII

Infinite_Access

Don't let that price discourage you. That price is from personal preferences but nothing is set in stone when making your own PC. You could go under 900 and still get what you want out of your desktop. I just chose more high end products plus the mouse, key board, monitor, and speakers. If you have all those devices already all you need is the main components and a case to throw them in. But PC's themselves are a personal preference I guess. Im just sick of this console milking year after poor quality year.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#38 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="CoreoVII"]

Not anymore.

PC Gamers Rejoice!!!!

suetracy

I'm not saying you won't have as much fun but I can't play games by muself all the time, and I only have one friend who actually uses a gaming PC and he doesn't use it that much anymore because he got bored of it. He's thinking of buying a 360...

In PC gaming though you meet alot of new friends while online. When I got back into pc gamign (after 3-4 years away), I only had 3 friends who played games on pc.. but now there are tons that ive met or older friends frmo 10+ years back that now game again on pc.

PC gaming actually has great communities most the time online, unlike consoles where its hard to find new friends as there is so much screaming and cursing it seems these days online for consoles (least frmo my experience on xbox, 360 and ps2/ps3 online).

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
Haha! Welcome aboard, me hearty!
suetracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 suetracy
Member since 2003 • 939 Posts

im talking about friends meaning ppl you know and hang with in real life. not just any person u meet online because it won't be as satisfying playing with them as it would be with your friend you just played ball with

Freak2121GTAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 Freak2121GTAF
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

Welcome to the land of intelligent people( 'cept for the occasional fanboy)

sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

There really is a massive difference when it comes to FPS, RTS and RPG. I Felt the same when i got my PC a couple of years ago.

Consoles are still fun when playing next to a friend though i.e. racing, rythm, fighting etc

sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

[QUOTE="Infinite_Access"]

CoreoVII

Don't let that price discourage you. That price is from personal preferences but nothing is set in stone when making your own PC. You could go under 900 and still get what you want out of your desktop. I just chose more high end products plus the mouse, key board, monitor, and speakers. If you have all those devices already all you need is the main components and a case to throw them in. But PC's themselves are a personal preference I guess. Im just sick of this console milking year after poor quality year.

Don't forget that a PC is used for things other than gaming, games are also consistently cheaper (+ steam sales) with alot of free content and dedicated communitys and there is also the absence of paying to play online, i'm looking at you xbl. The price is easily justified.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

[QUOTE="chandu83"][QUOTE="dakan45"]For 1200k ofcourse you wil be able to max those games :Ptheafiguy

1200k?

That's right.

120k is $120,000. 1200k would be $1.2 million.

Lost-Memory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lost-Memory
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts

Not anymore.

PC Gamers Rejoice!!!!

CoreoVII
LOL i know what you mean, I've been a PC gamer since.... well... since before i can remember. How i know that.... well i just have a feeling. But my comp is currently " behind the times " and i can't play the newer games. but once i get an upgrade... man will life ever be smooth. haha
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CoreoVII

Hope you get your upgrades soon. It seems you have the parts, just need to replace a few dated components. I'm sure you already know this but just in case: I bought ALL my PC parts off of www.newegg.com. A great reliable site with many consumer reviews on all their products.

Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
mods ,keyboard and mouse , keybinds , better graphics ... i cant live without those things :) pc gaming winz , some time later people will understand that , people dont need no wii controlls , natal or magic stick ... all we need our mice and keyboards !
Rev3nger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Rev3nger
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
I also built my very first desktop last week, and it's an amazing sense of freedom. Being able to max out any game (yes, even Crysis), and having the convenience of being able to buy and download my games in minutes, and instantly playing them, is awesome. Haven't touched my 360 since, but I'll keep it around for the exclusives. And it's not just the games either. Everything I do on the PC is more fluid now. Multitasking word + excel + photoshop would make my laptop cry for mercy, but not anymore. Now it's all a breeze. Oh, and I am loving BFBC2.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
I've been both console and PC gamer, sometimes both at once and at times (usually when I'm schooling), mostly console gamers coz I couldnt afford a gaming pc then. But right now, due to time constraints, I'm almost exclusively a PC gamer..and since I"m working on my PC most of the time, it kinda gives me the excuse to kinda splurge a bit more on the PC ("WHy did you spend so much on the PC?"..."...I need it for my work!"). I can understand why some folks prefer consoles and vice versa but personally, I can't really stand being restricted anymore. I'm too used to being able to customise my gameplay experience, changing this and that(once you are done with the vanilla gameplay), downloading content made by players instead of solely depending on dev studios to give to us and I also like being able to fix my own problems when sh** hits the fan. I also love being able to customise the hardware in my rig and doing minor upgrades now and then. Stuffs like these I won't be able to do with a console so yeah, that comes back to feeling extremely restricted when being only a console gamer.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
mods ,keyboard and mouse , keybinds , better graphics ... i cant live without those things :) pc gaming winz , some time later people will understand that , people dont need no wii controlls , natal or magic stick ... all we need our mice and keyboards !Farkeman
Exactly the huge advantages that put the PC atop of other consoles :)