Battlefield Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Medics......**** You!

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Am I the only person here who Is REALLY tired of those damn medics reviving me straight after being shot just so I can be killed again on the spot. Seriously, 9/10 times I get revived I end up swearing at my PC.....gahhhhh.

Anyway I was just curious if other people feel the same way?

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts

Yes, people are dumb. *Medic sees dead guy also sees a huge fire fight* "Oh this is a perfect time to rez huzzah points!"

I also hate how right after they nurfed 40mm the users went straight to Carl Gustavs :x

It's like comon!!!!!!!

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts
Yeah it sucks when that happens, but sometimes you get away, at least that was my experience in BF2. Haven't played BC2 yet.
Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
Yep, I get pretty mad when stupid medics do this too.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Then they're a bad medic. The medic needs to take care of the threat first then revive the player

2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts

I wish the system for revives was a little more like BF2 where getting shot didn't count as a death until the timer was up. That way, if a medic revived you and you were shot 3 seconds later, it wouldn't count as 2 deaths. In BC 2, the second you are knocked out, you are counted as a death. If you are revived and shot 2 seconds later, it's another death.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

I think i want an option where I can choose NOT to be revived :)

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts

Guilty as charged. Love me some goooood points!

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

I dont hate their abilites, but I damn sure hate their guns! Effin M60 has pissed me off so much

Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 Lox_Cropek
Member since 2008 • 3555 Posts

Yes!

Situation: Tank blows you up. You die. Medic revives you. Tank blows you up again. You die again. Medic revives you again. You beg: please kill the medic too!

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

It's BF2 all over again.

trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

Oh man, brings back good times, I was talking to a RL friend through Steam, I saw him die, and REPEATEDLY revived him about 7 times within 30 seconds. I was seriously pulling off some matrix bullet dodging tricks or the other team didn't care to kill me. I was in the middle of the firefight but just had my paddles out bringing him back up every 3 seconds.....oooohhhh the screaming I heard over Steam. Sexy sexy points though! (Yes I HATE being revived mid-fight, hate it with a passion)

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Daytona_178

+1. BF 2142 had a great feature: if one soldier died due certain kinds of damage (explosives, headshots...) the reviving was not possible.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
LOL, I always start cussing at my screen when they do this. They revive you when you do not want to and don't when you need to be revived.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts

I've never been revived and killed again multiple times, despite having played the game for 150 hours. There seems to be a new thing people "hate" every week when it comes to this game. First I saw sniper hate, then there was assault hate, now medic hate.. Jeez louise..

Aren't you invulnerable for a little while to prevent you from dying right after a revive? You have 2 seconds to run like hell. :P

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Get to cover? After you're revived, you have a period of invulnerability. You lose that if you start shooting at someone.
psp_mtness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 psp_mtness
Member since 2008 • 815 Posts

Daytona_178
this is a sensible idea mate, i agree, when you die you can click a bleed-out option so you have some choice as to weather you will be revived or not.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
in bf2 i remember a sniper shot me and a medic was behind the rock right next to my body. he kept reviving me only to get shot by the sniper over and over again. it went on until i just left the server.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
in bf2 i remember a sniper shot me and a medic was behind the rock right next to my body. he kept reviving me only to get shot by the sniper over and over again. it went on until i just left the server.ferret-gamer
LOL Oh and why would you not want to be revived? I always like jump and get away. BF2, not lame bc2.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]in bf2 i remember a sniper shot me and a medic was behind the rock right next to my body. he kept reviving me only to get shot by the sniper over and over again. it went on until i just left the server.JigglyWiggly_
LOL Oh and why would you not want to be revived? I always like jump and get away. BF2, not lame bc2.

He just explained why he would not want to.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
i though you where gonna complain about the m60 and i was gonna say buts its such a good gun!!! I don't even play assault class anymore anymore medic has better guns and the engineer has better explosives. now more on topic i think they should have an option to be revived or not if i want to stay dead i should be able to so every time a medic try to revive you a pop up box should come up saying Do you wish to be revived? and you click yes or no.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I'd rather be revived and have the chance to stay close to the fight... unless you're out of ammo with all your weapons, you're gonna have a chance to kill some more guys. And as a medic, I revive everyone I see.. especially with rush, it's very hectic. If I spent all my time taking out the "threat", well.. there'd be no point in playing medic :D

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

This is sometimes a problem in Battlefield 2 as well. Whenever I do play Medic, I make its clear before reviving. It all depends on the player. Some people are just points hungry.

yukilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 yukilla
Member since 2003 • 240 Posts

I hate their godly weapon

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]in bf2 i remember a sniper shot me and a medic was behind the rock right next to my body. he kept reviving me only to get shot by the sniper over and over again. it went on until i just left the server.JigglyWiggly_

didnt have a chance, i got shot the exact instant i was revieved, also the snipers ping was 15 and mine was 120.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DJ_Headshot
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]in bf2 i remember a sniper shot me and a medic was behind the rock right next to my body. he kept reviving me only to get shot by the sniper over and over again. it went on until i just left the server.ferret-gamer

didnt have a chance, i got shot the exact instant i was revieved, also the snipers ping was 15 and mine was 120.

that sucks usually i just bunny hop like a madman and escape with my life i guess impossible to do with a one shot kill.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DJ_Headshot

I'd rather be revived and have the chance to stay close to the fight... unless you're out of ammo with all your weapons, you're gonna have a chance to kill some more guys. And as a medic, I revive everyone I see.. especially with rush, it's very hectic. If I spent all my time taking out the "threat", well.. there'd be no point in playing medic :D

MyopicCanadian
nonsense medic is the best class for talking out large amount of threats with little downtime.
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
I try and judge if it's actually safe to go in to revive someone before breaking out the paddles. Doesn't mean I always make the right calls, though-sometimes I look ahead with the LMG, see no one to clear away before revival for a few seconds, decide to revive the guy before it's too late, and THEN they show up. *cue fuming rage* But if I see that someone just got blown away by a tank's main gun, I'm not committing suicide by running out in front of said tank's barrel to revive him. That'll just give the tank crew two more kills at best. I did have one of these moments back with BF2, though. Some teammate kept getting killed, and I kept running in and reviving him to save my team a ticket while trying to not suffer the same fate and locate where the enemy was. I always wondered why he couldn't get to cover, or why the heck the enemy hadn't shot me yet. It was like he was intentionally leaving me alive so he could farm kills off this one guy, probably either because I hadn't seen him and thus couldn't kill him, or he kept missing me. Oh, and I don't know why it's not like this in BF:BC2, but if you get wasted by an artillery strike or a direct hit by a tank's main gun in BF2 or something equally explosive and powerful, you're deader than dead-no revives, ticket loss, wait 15 seconds. (I actually watched a teammate get blown away by a tank, and his body flew right behind the rock I was taking cover with in BC2. I revived him just fine.) If revives really do irk you that much, though, why not just play 1942 or Vietnam? No defibrillators, no revives. Hell, Vietnam doesn't even have a medic class per se-it's even possible to have matches where NONE of the classes have a medkit in their loadouts!
fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fm_coyote
Member since 2003 • 952 Posts

Then they're a bad medic. The medic needs to take care of the threat first then revive the player

lostrib
Yep, spot on. I only play the medic now, as I play with 4 friends, one of each class. I wont revive in the middle of a fight, ill try to wait till its clear or we have a path out. Or revive and fight out with said person. The "run, revive, and keep on running" method a lot of people do pissed me off, so I started playing medic myself. I've run into some AWESOME medics, but I've run into alot more fails. The good medics are out there though, don't write them all off :) lol
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#31 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Im a medic, but I wont revive someoen if they are forsure gonna get killed right away again.

Havnt experiences what you are talking about on BC2 to be honest.

Just sound slike some bad medics to me.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
You guys are weird, when I play as a Medic, I rush out to save my teamates, even if we have a slim chance of survival. (Aka a tank shooting right at us) And then we usually die again. But, it was the courage to save your fallen comrade.
coasterdude33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 coasterdude33
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts

I wish the system for revives was a little more like BF2 where getting shot didn't count as a death until the timer was up. That way, if a medic revived you and you were shot 3 seconds later, it wouldn't count as 2 deaths. In BC 2, the second you are knocked out, you are counted as a death. If you are revived and shot 2 seconds later, it's another death.

2good2betrue

so this

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#34 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
its too easy to get points as medic and you get points easily by throwing med packs and reviving like crazy. 9/10 times I get revived I do not mind it. It gives me another chance. If some guy is reviving in a 3v1 or worse situation then its not good and a cheap way to get extra points before death. Having said that, always be ready for a revive. I can't count the number of times I revive somebody and they stand there for 5 seconds while another guy comes in and kills them. Lately I've been seeing more and more offense consisting of 4 medics just reviving each other.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#35 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Usually in this situation, I'd have to get someone to cover fire as I revive the dead guy. It is pretty lame to have been revived and die again on the spot without anyone watching your back.

See, no one ever watches your back in Bad Company 2. Because you watch your own back! ( sounds like an advertising motto haha)

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

At least some of the medics doing that are probably just being team players, restoring the life points and all that. It's better for the team, and it's better for their score, so why wouldn't they?

I could definitely see adding a timer so it didn't count as a death for a couple of seconds after being rezzed though.

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

I do wish that, by default your body can't be revived (maybe the arrow changes color to red) but when you die, there is an option to be open to revive. What really gets me, is when I am revived and then knifed...

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
This has not really happened to me that much. When I get ressed I just run away from the fighting as quickly as I can just to get my bearings before going back into the fight. It works pretty much all of the time unless there is a tank or such nearby
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Headshot"]i though you where gonna complain about the m60 and i was gonna say buts its such a good gun!!! I don't even play assault class anymore anymore medic has better guns and the engineer has better explosives. now more on topic i think they should have an option to be revived or not if i want to stay dead i should be able to so every time a medic try to revive you a pop up box should come up saying Do you wish to be revived? and you click yes or no.

Not anymore, they nerfed the M60. It was so damn cheap and I'm glad they did.
Avatar image for Anarchist-TKC-1
Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Anarchist-TKC-1
Member since 2004 • 303 Posts
I got killed 3 times in a row when a medic revived me. Apparently if you get revived and don't move or shoot, you're invulnerable and cannot be killed! This explains why when I shoot a M2 rocket at a medic and the guy being revived, the medic dies but the other guy doesn't.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

This is why i play on FF servers, if they keep doing this, the first thing I do is blow them away then run off and don't even try to revive. The penalty is worth the "ZOMG STFU JOO NUB bawwwwwwz"

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

i though you where gonna complain about the m60 and i was gonna say buts its such a good gun!!! I don't even play assault class anymore anymore medic has better guns and the engineer has better explosives.DJ_Headshot

Disagree. Except the F2000, I think that any AR from Assault is better than any LMG from Medic. Once I unlock all the Medic stuff, insignias and weapons I left the Medic kit weeks ago.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#43 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
This has not really happened to me that much. When I get ressed I just run away from the fighting as quickly as I can just to get my bearings before going back into the fight. It works pretty much all of the time unless there is a tank or such nearbyIantheone
Yeah exactly. I'd much rather be revived and have the chance to live and be near the fight.. first thing I do when I get revived is sprint and run for cover.
Kaeladar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kaeladar
Member since 2006 • 377 Posts
usually when i get rezed i immediatly run to cover so i rarely die. but yeah once in a while an idiot medic will rez you in the middle of a firefight or on a grenade. what would really be frustrating is the medic continuously reviving you to get you killed, like in this awesome video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjASODtGaNk
Dark_prince123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 Dark_prince123
Member since 2008 • 1149 Posts
it happened to me last night I was playing Eng and wanted to change to Recon I died then stupid medic healed me I died again and he healed me I died for the third time and that m****f***** healed me then I choose M2CG and Killed both of us and told him who's gonna heal you *****. I think choosing not to be revived is Great :D
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Sometimes when I die I would try to finish my sandwich or my drink until I respawn but when a Medic revives me out of no where I start choking on whatever I was eating or drinking and try to move my character out of the fire fight.
Avatar image for Anarchist-TKC-1
Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Anarchist-TKC-1
Member since 2004 • 303 Posts
lol I've been caught having a drink and that happening!
Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]You guys are weird, when I play as a Medic, I rush out to save my teamates, even if we have a slim chance of survival. (Aka a tank shooting right at us) And then we usually die again. But, it was the courage to save your fallen comrade.

i do this too, it seems like an instinct to me. i've done this in mmos, dota, tf2 and recently bc2. not the smartest way to win a battle, i know, but if you pull it off (which is rare) its very rewarding.
saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts

Sure it counts as a death for you, but it gives the ticket that you lost for dying back to the team. And I know what you're talking about, but it's not a big deal; it's happened to me maybe once or twice

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
I love getting revived most of the time. It saves me the hassle of running back to the battle.