Bad Company 2 - So Many Noobs Since Steam Sale

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vkun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vkun
Member since 2010 • 270 Posts

Ive been resorting to team killing lately to vent my frustration. So many low level noobs who have absolutely no idea what to do. You would expect them to instinctively have some idea, but nope. Half my time spent in the game is now spent on team killing camping snipers or smoking their view.

Anyone else getting a little ticked off? And Im always being paired up with the noob team. Im guessing Im replacing the people who gave up on the poor team that I always end up griefing.

Sorry if I sound like the angry German kid that destroys his keyboard but sometimes you gotta do it, for the good of everyone else. My only question is, what happened to all high level players? Its like they just vanished off the face of the earth.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Never had issues with team killing because of "noobs" before and after the Winter Sale....
Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts
I completely understand how you feel vkun. Our team was getting pushed back so many times on a rush map when we were defending. I was getting so pissed off that we had these sniping morons camping on the hills and not rushing to defuse the bombs. I was the only person attempting to defuse. I had it with these idiots so I spawned behind one (he was in my squad) and I capped them all in the back with my Saiga. Felt good man... Or if I ask a medic to heal me using 'Q' and through text and he just runs by I'll either shoot at him or if I am angry enough will just TK him or scream in caps lock. These noobs are seriously driving me nuts. My dad is a noob and it drives me nuts to watch him play lol, he still has to look down at the keyboard...but he has loads of fun.
BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

it's just heart warming to hear there are peoples like you, making the world a better place for everyone else. taking one for the team, albeit the wrong team.. but it's the thought that counts and games really shouldn't be enjoyed by everyone after all, but only by the peoples who meet your standards and it really would be ridiculous to just find another server or join a clan just because your fun is being ruined by these less-than-peoples! where they get the nerve to try out a new game is beyond anyone's reasoning..

DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

People like you have ruined the PC online gaming community.

vkun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vkun
Member since 2010 • 270 Posts

It is a game. I think you are a pompous arse. Quite honestly like anything in life there are people that are good at something and are bad at something and that is the way it will always be. I also think the people that fought in WWI, WWII and so on were noobs at one point and yeah some of them died as soon as they hit combat but some of them also survived the war. Point is this is the way it is .... deal with it. Also remember it is a game. By the way are you in professional gaming ? Are you paid ? If not just be quiet.

DeViLzzz

Oh but they sure are good at staying in one spot a mile away from all the action watching their teammates die, and at the end of the game, say GG as if they were even part of it. It would be wrong to team kill or grief someone if he or she simply isnt good at the game. Team killing someone who is making absolutely no effort to help the team in a team based game, nothing wrong with that in my opinion. I like to think of my team killing and griefing as a wake up call. Maybe that person will wonder why hes being team killed and proceed to change his style of gameplay.

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

find a clan, play in clan server

Its something that happens in every game, deal with it. Its not as if your actually playing for something other than fun.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I dont usually stick with my team, I find it easier to get shot when I'm with my buddys. I usually sneak around the back and go about my own business.

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

People like you that rage easily and get trolled easily are one of the main reasons why I continue playing online first person shooters.

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

[QUOTE="DeViLzzz"]

It is a game. I think you are a pompous arse. Quite honestly like anything in life there are people that are good at something and are bad at something and that is the way it will always be. I also think the people that fought in WWI, WWII and so on were noobs at one point and yeah some of them died as soon as they hit combat but some of them also survived the war. Point is this is the way it is .... deal with it. Also remember it is a game. By the way are you in professional gaming ? Are you paid ? If not just be quiet.

vkun

Oh but they sure are good at staying in one spot a mile away from all the action watching their teammates die, and at the end of the game, say GG as if they were even part of it. It would be wrong to team kill or grief someone if he or she simply isnt good at the game. Team killing someone who is making absolutely no effort to help the team in a team based game, nothing wrong with that in my opinion. I like to think of my team killing and griefing as a wake up call. Maybe that person will wonder why hes being team killed and proceed to change his style of gameplay.

or maybe your just not good enough? if their are so many noobs on your team, shouldn't there be just as much on the other team? Maybe your not playing smart enough or part of a squad. I think if your having a hard time dealing with enemy snipers as you say you are, then your probably not good enough especially since BFBC2 is objective based. If I was a sniper on your team, I would wonder why some guy keeps running out in the open only to be shot by "noob" snipers and fails to capture points or plants bombs when everyone is "a mile away"

find some friends and stop being such a arse to newer players, you weren''t always good at bfbc2 so you should understand

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I've always found the entire community of BC2 to be newbs.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

People like you have ruined the PC online gaming community.

DerpyMcDerp
This Noobs aren't the problem, hackers are, there was at least one in the last 7/10 games I played.
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

Team killers are little trolls who have nothing better to do than ruin games for others, and you have just killed your chances of getting any respect from anyone in these forums. Congratulations. I hope you feel good about yourself.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts
I'm a noob, and I do exaclty the opposite. I'll run toward the flag to be captured, and then get killed over and over trying to do it. Eventually, in my last game, I managed to capture a flag, but rather than trying to get another one, I defended the one I captured, and I killed two other players who tried to capture it. After my second kill, my team won the game! I seriously suck at multiplayer gaming, but even though I get killed and killed and killed, it's still a total blast, literally. I don't let trolls try to suck the fun out of it by putting me and my lack of skills down. I'm just not good at it, but that doesn't mean I never get any kills. I'm a little better at Crysis. My last game, I got 33 kills, and 100 deaths!!! Not bad for me lol:)
Phat_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Phat_Jay
Member since 2010 • 66 Posts

Don't TK the noobs - teach them. We were all noobs once.

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Meh, im not complaining, managed to get my Platinum star with knife yesterday :D

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

I'm a noob, and I do exaclty the opposite. I'll run toward the flag to be captured, and then get killed over and over trying to do it. Eventually, in my last game, I managed to capture a flag, but rather than trying to get another one, I defended the one I captured, and I killed two other players who tried to capture it. After my second kill, my team won the game! I seriously suck at multiplayer gaming, but even though I get killed and killed and killed, it's still a total blast, literally. I don't let trolls try to suck the fun out of it by putting me and my lack of skills down. I'm just not good at it, but that doesn't mean I never get any kills. I'm a little better at Crysis. My last game, I got 33 kills, and 100 deaths!!! Not bad for me lol:)psx_warrior

Good man. I got no problems with team mates who give it their all and bust their asses to complete the objectives. KDR is the most useless measure of teamplay. Win or lose, my buddies always have a laugh at our KDRs. We care more about badass flag captures/detonation/other epic moments.

And to TC, seriously man? Just because something isn't working out for you, everyone else is a noob? Maybe you're the one in the wrong server if everyone seems content to snipe and lose. If they're not complaiing about it, at least some people are happy doing what they're doing and having some measure of fun. I can't stand people polluting game servers with their egos and superiority complexes. There are people who can take charge and people will want to follow them... you aren't one of them (if by any indication of the griefing, something I have 0 respect for).

RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RedDanDoc
Member since 2005 • 3720 Posts

When theres a Noob Camping it up on my team I like nothing better than to light them up like a Christmas tree !:lol:

gigatrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gigatrainer
Member since 2006 • 2029 Posts
Its a game for the love of god, play it to have fun....
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

RedDanDoc has won the thread

Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

Phat_Jay

there are 2 categories,noobs trhat want to learn and become good eventually and noobs that stay noobs forever cause they stick to doing the same crap over and over.I guess TC is referring to the second category which can be very frustrating.As for the"play to have fun "argument,thats the point,they dont let him have fun,by not playing as a team they ruin the game

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

[QUOTE="Phat_Jay"]

Hate_Squad

there are 2 categories,noobs trhat want to learn and become good eventually and noobs that stay noobs forever cause they stick to doing the same crap over and over.I guess TC is referring to the second category which can be very frustrating.As for the"play to have fun "argument,thats the point,they dont let him have fun,by not playing as a team they ruin the game

And that's the reason I like to play classic death match most of the time, and maybe team death match if the other players don't hate me too much for sucking so much. I really do try, but after gaming online with the PS3 and now the PC for three years, I've figured out that I may never really get good at it, but it doesn't matter to me. What does matter is that I worry sometimes about dragging my team down. I have done it on occasion, and I got cussed out because of it. That's why I still try when I do team deathmactch, I try not to let the team down. At least in deathmatch, the only one I'm letting down is me. What keeps me coming back for more is the kills I do make. Particularly the ones in Crysis where I sneak up on an apponent and wack them in super strength mode and send them flying for miles. That's always fun. It's fun too to watch my character go soaring into the air in the same fashion. I get a laugh out of it all.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#24 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Play on a server with less of them?

Also, LOL at the pics of recons, the class I knifed the most.:D

yourmajesty90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 yourmajesty90
Member since 2006 • 1420 Posts

mitu123

I wish I'd known what class I knifed the most. I've got about 750+ dogtags. I just love it :D

Phelaidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Phelaidar
Member since 2005 • 1533 Posts

Ive been resorting to team killing lately to vent my frustration. So many low level noobs who have absolutely no idea what to do. You would expect them to instinctively have some idea, but nope. Half my time spent in the game is now spent on team killing camping snipers or smoking their view.

Anyone else getting a little ticked off? And Im always being paired up with the noob team. Im guessing Im replacing the people who gave up on the poor team that I always end up griefing.

Sorry if I sound like the angry German kid that destroys his keyboard but sometimes you gotta do it, for the good of everyone else. My only question is, what happened to all high level players? Its like they just vanished off the face of the earth.

vkun

Games are meant to be fun and you, as a more advanced player should try to have fun with the game by support the new players, so they can also have fun, instead of selfishly considering yourself too good for them. With this attitude, you take out the fun of both parts.

And here I was, thinking games were all about fun, silly me.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#27 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts
[QUOTE="vkun"]

Elitist crap. I get so tired of this whole "n00b" thing in every online game, people pay for the game to have fun no different than you did. Get over it. People like you make me enjoy my single player experiences SOOOOOOO much more.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

vkun
How about teaching people? I had trouble playing BC2 too when I started, there is absolutely no tutorial or even hint as to what to do in MP. I had to get a friend of mine to come over and teach me...
jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts
I never really had problems with Snipers Etc on BF2 tho when i had a bad team i felt it and lost it didnt stop me doing well. The same for BOps as well im usually on the losing team for some reason all of my Teammates doing 3 times as bad as myself. Tho i still manage a decent score even then regardless of there performance.
RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RedDanDoc
[QUOTE="vkun"]

FelipeInside
How about teaching people? I had trouble playing BC2 too when I started, there is absolutely no tutorial or even hint as to what to do in MP. I had to get a friend of mine to come over and teach me...

Lol Wut ! I bet you will be enroling into a nearby College to play Arma 2 then. :P
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="vkun"]

RedDanDoc

Lol Wut ! I bet you will be enroling into a nearby College to play Arma 2 then. :P

Nah, ArmA 2 is just wayyyyy too complex for me, hahahaha. But really, is it really that hard to include a tutorial? How the map works, How each class works, etc. In CoD you just create ur own class and kill everything.... but in BC2 each class has a job to do so it should be better explained.
yourmajesty90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 yourmajesty90

To be honest, I always do well whenever the team is losing. I try to encourage them, or even capture flags to push them forward. Sometimes the latter one, works.
In some matches, I even find myself with the most kills in both teams.

RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RedDanDoc

[QUOTE="RedDanDoc"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] How about teaching people? I had trouble playing BC2 too when I started, there is absolutely no tutorial or even hint as to what to do in MP. I had to get a friend of mine to come over and teach me...FelipeInside

Nah, ArmA 2 is just wayyyyy too complex for me, hahahaha. But really, is it really that hard to include a tutorial? How the map works, How each class works, etc. In CoD you just create ur own class and kill everything.... but in BC2 each class has a job to do so it should be better explained.

To be Honest I earned my spurs playing BF2.

regarding the COD games all those perks dont add up to me it should be more of a level playing field. Theres that many perks that you dont know if somebody is cheating or not. I was chasing somebody once and they Jumped 20 feet over a wall. I dont know if that is the spring heeled jack perk or something.

Best formula for the Battlefield games regarding new players is to be either a medic or support then you can level up quickly whilst getting a grasp of the game mechanics.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

currently am one of those noobs :) got it last weekend for PC (had the 360 version since launch) so am still getting used to it.. although its the same game i found a huge difference between the PC & 360 version.. (not just visuals but seems faster paced and i have to say PC community is better, more teamwork etc)

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

How about teaching people? I had trouble playing BC2 too when I started, there is absolutely no tutorial or even hint as to what to do in MP. I had to get a friend of mine to come over and teach me...FelipeInside

.... really? It's not a hard game to grasp. :P

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

vkun
You started off as a clueless noob, once.
Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#37 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

An irascible individual like yourself and half the occupants of this topic are the reason why I, a person otherwise interested in learning to become a good player and support a team, do not play anything online.

Most online titles, I have found, are populated exclusively by those members of society who find it somehow justifiable to make others suffer for their own impatience and lack of perspective. Few things on the internet are as disgusting and pitiable as the online gaming junkie, a foul creature whose mouth fountains forth profanity and whose hands gain whinging voices of their own through the cubed plastic medium of keyboard.

Away, fiend. I'll have naught to do with you and your species; as I take my leave I will congratulate you, however reluctantly, on affirming my decision not to purchase BFBC2 during the sale and instead buy Serious Sam. Thank you, good sir. Thank you for providing yourself as such an excellent specimen of a detestable subspecies.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

An irascible individual like yourself and half the occupants of this topic are the reason why I, a person otherwise interested in learning to become a good player and support a team, do not play anything online.

Most online titles, I have found, are populated exclusively by those members of society who find it somehow justifiable to make others suffer for their own impatience and lack of perspective. Few things on the internet are as disgusting and pitiable as the online gaming junkie, a foul creature whose mouth fountains forth profanity and whose hands gain whinging voices of their own through the cubed plastic medium of keyboard.

Away, fiend. I'll have naught to do with you and your species; as I take my leave I will congratulate you, however reluctantly, on affirming my decision not to purchase BFBC2 during the sale and instead buy Serious Sam. Thank you, good sir. Thank you for providing yourself as such an excellent specimen of a detestable subspecies.

Fusionmix

Not all of us are like that, good sir.

I played a lot of BFBC2 once, and granted, I was never that good, but I always tried supporting the team whenever possible.

RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RedDanDoc
I dont mind people being noobs but....... I'm sick of it when I'm Sniping and Ive found a really decent spot and I'm racking up kills and then some plonker in my squad will spawn on me and 1 he's either a different class and he's opening up everywhere hitting nothing and thus giving my position away or its another Sniper who cant shoot for toffee yet he's sticks close to me like glue. In this instance he is going to get lit up like a christmas tree then C4'd whilst I'm jumping up and down infront of him !
yourmajesty90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 yourmajesty90

[QUOTE="vkun"]

mirgamer

You started off as a clueless noob, once.

Yeah, 1337s forget they were noobs once. That's why I pwn them :P

bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

My whole clan got banned frmm this server because the admins were all new to the game and we were all like 18 kills 1 death. They thought we were all hacking. Of course, our teammate (no acquaintance of ours) was hacking and they didn't even kick him.

mAArdman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mAArdman
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts

Well, I'm one of those new players that got the game on the steam sale, and most of the time I'm at the top of the team, above people with levels close to 50.
From what I've seen, the levels are more representative of the time spent on the game than your actual skill.
In every game you have people who are good and some who are not, and the fact that more players join will give you an increased number of both kinds of players.
It's a game, people are new, they can't be as good as someone who's played since the game came out. People play games to have fun, and if you don't enjoy it and need to resort to team killing you may want to stop playing that game.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mitu123

From what I've seen, the levels are more representative of the time spent on the game than your actual skill.mAArdman

This is so true, I've seen some really, really dumb high rated players.XD

Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts
I"m annoyed that every new guy is a sniper. I"ll be a medic with 3 snipers in half the games i play. Thats what annoys me more than anything.
Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts

My whole clan got banned frmm this server because the admins were all new to the game and we were all like 18 kills 1 death. They thought we were all hacking. Of course, our teammate (no acquaintance of ours) was hacking and they didn't even kick him.

bachilders
For some reason... i dont believe you.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Not everyone can be a 1337 player when they first start playing the game...
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
One annoying social problem with BC2 is that, after a while, you will start noticing all the higher ranks (experienced players) flocking to one side and the newbies, probably not aware of the whole thing, on one side. Which leads to a totally one-sided affair and a massacre. That annoys me more so than any beginning newbies.
bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

[QUOTE="bachilders"]

Kokuro_Kun

For some reason... i dont believe you.

Ok...? You want the clan's website? TS3 channel? I got on their TS and told them to unban us and the admin said he would. IDK if he has but he also reported the other guy to PB after I confirmed his suspicions of aimbotting. Believe what you like though, no skin off my nose.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

yourmajesty90

I wish I'd known what class I knifed the most. I've got about 750+ dogtags. I just love it :D

I got 2000+ and knifed 4 recons in a row camping next to each other.=p

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#50 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I've seen this ever since BC2 was released, and I haven't noticed a change before or after the Steam sale. There are people who play rush and just snipe as attackers, never mind that Defenders have an unlimited amount of tickets... I'm sure you get new people of all types.