Are you considered less of a PC gamer...

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

If you use a XBOX 360 controller for your games. I always hearso many of you that swear by the WASD, Space Bar, LShift, LCtrl control scheme. I find games like ME2, The Witcher 2 and Deus Ex HR much more enjoyable with a controller. Even though Im kind of PC gaming noob so to speak, I still feel like I should be using M/KB instead of controller.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS
The point of using the PC is the freedom and choice thats available to you. Of course, if you are a competitive gamer and get involved in professional gaming, then obviously you are limiting yourself by not using the most efficient device for the specific genre, whatever it may be.
Deathykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Deathykins
Member since 2007 • 1412 Posts
Not at all. Play them however the hell you want. I only use mouse+kb in online games. I use the controller for all single player games, even FPS games. Sure, mouse+kb is much more accurate and responsive, which is why I use it in MP, but controllers are just so much more comfortable to me.
Raxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 Raxzor
Member since 2003 • 5399 Posts

Nope I don't consider using a control makes you less of a PC gamer at all. I used to play games on a ZX Spectrum/BBC computers back in the day and there was no mouse available on these machines at the time.

You had to play games with keys or a Kempston joystick. And every body I knew played with a joystick. So PC gaming originated with controllers but when the mouse become widely available it went to KB+M.