Are there and FPS games like STALKER that are open world and non-linear?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Ehmm fallout 3 is an rpg, you shouldnt see it as a shooter, there is so much more in the game, explorations, dialogues, stealth, loot, mods. Its not that if you keep in mind all those other things you can do.
Greyfoo-t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Greyfoo-t
Member since 2010 • 151 Posts

Sorry mate, Fallout3 is just a shooter with some rpg elements, for me real role playing game starts with Champions of Krynn and haven`t seen any good one since Baldurs Gate2;)

But we are not here to debate on F3 or FC2 and STALKER so come on everyone give us a good sandbox fps.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 dakan45

Sorry mate, Fallout3 is just a shooter with some rpg elements, for me real role playing game starts with Champions of Krynn and haven`t seen any good one since Baldurs Gate2;)

But we are not here to debate on F3 or FC2 and STALKER so come on everyone give us a good sandbox fps.

Greyfoo-t
No its not a shooter with rpg elements, borderlands is a shooter with rpg elements and it still needs you to level up in order to fight the tougher enemies. Fallout 3 has so much more in it that simply makes fc2 and stalker to sound weak in game world and interaction. How can you say its nothing extraordinary, if stalker had that kind of a map it will be a much better game with much better exploration, same goes for fc2.
gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

Greyfoo-t
Vampire: The masquerade - Bloodlines?
ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ekultus
Member since 2010 • 1013 Posts

I would get farcry 2 or just cause 2, they arent post apoc but they still hours of enjoyment

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58313 Posts

its not like STALKER, but I strongly recommend Just Cause 2

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 dakan45
[QUOTE="Greyfoo-t"]

gamer620

No, too small levels and the traveling is done via a taxi. Very few levels too.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#59 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
Isn't there a mod for Oblivion that turns it into an open world FPS? With guns and such?dlindenb2000
You mean Fallout 3 HEYA!
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
Ehmm fallout 3 is an rpg, you shouldnt see it as a shooter, there is so much more in the game, explorations, dialogues, stealth, loot, mods. Its not that if you keep in mind all those other things you can do.dakan45
That's all in STALKER too...
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58313 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer620"][QUOTE="Greyfoo-t"]

dakan45

Also too streamlined.

I mean, they give you a lot of various choices, but youre still going to talk to person A and blow up building X and then talk to person A again who leads you to person B.

But it is an insanely good game. Just not sandbox.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Ehmm fallout 3 is an rpg, you shouldnt see it as a shooter, there is so much more in the game, explorations, dialogues, stealth, loot, mods. Its not that if you keep in mind all those other things you can do.SF_KiLLaMaN
That's all in STALKER too...

Yeah but fallout 3 has much bigger levels to explore with sidequests that you find along the way. Not to mention the npcs that are far superior than the ones in stalker. Also lockpicking and hacking, also pick up items that are not fully used by your character for combat, like everyday stuff that in combination with other items can become something usefull. Oh and there is no stealth in stalker, just keep your distance so the ai wont start shooting you.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="gamer620"] Vampire: The masquerade - Bloodlines?mrbojangles25

Also too streamlined.

I mean, they give you a lot of various choices, but youre still going to talk to person A and blow up building X and then talk to person A again who leads you to person B.

But it is an insanely good game. Just not sandbox.

Yeah it was good, if you could get past the 2 facts that guns suck and combat is often unbalanced. The ending however is the linearity of the linearity, they take away all traveling and put you in a cab that can take you to buy guns or to the next boss and the next boss. Kinda unnessary.
kooldvldude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kooldvldude
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Back from the dead once again! May I just add.. Fallout: New Vegas?
nbessiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 nbessiner
Member since 2009 • 731 Posts

Fallout 3 has a open world and is mostly a RPG with poor gunplay, but VATS makes up for that.

And maybe Deus ex

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 dakan45

Fallout 3 has a open world and is mostly a RPG with poor gunplay, but VATS makes up for that.

And maybe Deus ex

nbessiner
Meh, mod some guns, all my guns are real with varied statistics They "feel" diffirent. On a side note, fallout 3 shooting is fine in comparison with deus ex, which is TERRIBLE. Seriously!!
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#67 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Although it's probably not what you're looking for 2 (out of 15) chapters of Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood are free roam. The rest is as linear as CoD, though.

Also, the Star Wars Battlefront games are quite good for big, open multiplayer levels in the spirit of Battlefield.

EDIT: Oh Christ, another zombie topic? Why do people even bother?

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

Old thread.

robi4never

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 robi4never
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
omg... so what .. its good tread and i just registered SO any1 know more games like stalker ? any1 ? please?
yourmajesty90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 yourmajesty90
Member since 2006 • 1420 Posts

Old thread got resurrected twice.