Amazon Bans Rape Game

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

Of course this was the correct response by Amazon, but makes you wonder why games centered around say murder and stealing are a-okay. *looks in GTA's direction*

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/technology/4611161/Rapelay-virtual-rape-game-banned-by-Amazon.html

In Rapelay, gamers direct a character to sexually assault a mother and her two young daughters at an underground station, before raping any of a selection female characters.

The game was intended for release just in Japan, but was on offer to British buyers through Amazon Marketplace, the section of the online store's website open to third-party sellers.

But Amazon has now withdrawn the game after complaints from users, deeming it to be inappropriate. "We determined that we did not want to be selling this particular item," a spokeswoman said.

Rapelay was developed by the Japanese production house Illusion, which makes a number of sexually violent games for the domestic market. Their other titles include "Battle Raper" and "Artificial Girl".

A spokesman for the company said: "We believe there is no problem with the software, which has cleared the domestic ratings of an ethics watchdog body."

Keith Vaz, the Labour MP for Leicester East who has previously spoken out against computer games that promote violence, condemned the game.

"It is intolerable that anyone would purchase a game that simulates the criminal offence of rape," he told the Belfast Telegraph.

Rapelay, which was released in 2006, encourages players to force the virtual woman they rape to have an abortion. If they are allowed to give birth the woman throws the player's character under a train, according to reviews of the game. It also has a feature allowing several players to team up against individual women.

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
The thing that I personally worry about most is that these games actually have a demographic.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
Japan is a weird, weird place.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
The rape games, good for them, but God are you one of those who think GTA will turn people into killing zombies? >_> only people with mental problems would do that, those people would need help without having played GTA or any other game full of violence, even more than GTA, like GoW, UT3, UT 2K4, Fallout 3, etc :/.
Siofen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Siofen
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts

That's dumb, in games where we can commit total genocide and ethnic cleansing, anything involving sex is immediately banned. That just goes to show how sexphobic the U.S has become. You see janet jacksons teat on the superbowl and the whole world stops.

The thing that I personally worry about most is that these games actually have a demographic. _Pedro_
Hell theres a market for people who like to crap steam logs onto each others backs, theres a demographic for anything nowadays.

BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BlackAlpha666
Member since 2005 • 2614 Posts

That's dumb, in games where we can commit total genocide and ethnic cleansing, anything involving sex is immediately banned. That just goes to show how sexphobic the U.S has become. You see janet jacksons teat on the superbowl and the whole world stops.

[QUOTE="_Pedro_"]The thing that I personally worry about most is that these games actually have a demographic. Siofen

Hell theres a market for people who like to crap steam logs onto each others backs, theres a demographic for anything nowadays.

1. It wasn't the US who complained but the UK.

2. Maybe you haven't figured this out yet but there's a HUGE difference between sex and rape.

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gooeykat
The rape games, good for them, but God are you one of those who think GTA will turn people into killing zombies? DanielDust
No I'm not, I have a ton of violent games including GTA IV and I love it! It just made me wonder about the standard that they are using to decide which games to ban.
johan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 johan1986
Member since 2003 • 4764 Posts
There sure are some very sick people
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _Pedro_
Japan is a weird, weird place.aliblabla2007
for a country that is as prudish as Japan they have some of the sick things when it comes to sex/rape. Besides I don't agree with a nation banning an item, but I can understand a company refusing to sell it.
DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts
Better to have a bunch of perverts inside playing computer games than in Tokyo subway stations raping random women IMO :P
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Better to have a bunch of perverts inside playing computer games than in Tokyo subway stations raping random women IMO :PDGFreak

Cosign:P

I also love Japanese women and there are some amazing Japanese movies (from Takashi Miike and others).

Give Japan some props damn you people hehe!:P

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _Pedro_

[QUOTE="DGFreak"]Better to have a bunch of perverts inside playing computer games than in Tokyo subway stations raping random women IMO :Pkozzy1234

Cosign:P

I also love Japanese women and there are some amazing Japanese movies (from Takashi Miike and others).

Give Japan some props damn you people hehe!:P

hey I love Japan, but Japan doesn't seem to love me :P
Avatar image for deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
Member since 2007 • 10077 Posts
Disturbing, to say the least.
Carbon_Python

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Carbon_Python
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts
The sick F@%K that came up with that game should be publicly hung along with all the other people who helped create that game.
Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
Wow, I am playing this for sure! Thanks for the publicity amazon! :P
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11785 Posts

now im not supporting rape in the least, just hear me out.

USA, selling is legal, sex is legal, selling sex is illegal, so selling an orgasm to someone is illegal,

though this same country will pay you, (call you a hero) to drop bombs and shoot whoever "they" seem fit that needs to die, even give you the tools to do it, backed by the saying (your fighting for freedom) lol...

yet one is A "Wh*re" a criminal

the other is a hero...

do people not see the problem with this???

now im against rape in anyway, but peoples priorities are so manipulated, its one big hurricane of BS.

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gooeykat
USA, selling is legal, sex is legal, selling sex is illegal, so selling an orgasm to someone is illegal,

though this same country will pay you, (call you a hero) to drop bombs and shoot whoever "they" seem fit that needs to die, even give you the tools to do it, backed by the saying (your fighting for freedom) lol...

the other is a hero...Lach0121

Okay, a lot ignorance in this statement. So as someone mentioned earlier, the complaints came out of the UK, not the US. And plus, what does prostitution have to do with rape?

Also, if you're going to quote George Carlin (may he rest in peace), at least give him some props.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lach0121
[QUOTE="Lach0121"]USA, selling is legal, sex is legal, selling sex is illegal, so selling an orgasm to someone is illegal,

the other is a hero...Gooeykat

Okay, a lot ignorance in this statement. So as someone mentioned earlier, the complaints came out of the UK, not the US. And plus, what does prostitution have to do with rape?

Also, if you're going to quote George Carlin (may he rest in peace), at least give him some props.

actually i didnt quote him, i just said a statement close to what he said... (if i were to actually quote him, my account would be suspended or banned) and if your a George Carlin fan, you would know this.

secondly in no way is it full of ignorance. it is full of facts.

third, and i realize it was out of the UK, i didnt say it was out of the US, you assumed i meant that. because i didnt say oooh they are soo wrong for a game like this in the UK....

and fourth, George Carlin is one of the greatest comedians of all time.

and if you would of read the entire post, i was talking about priorities, maybe i should of included, yet people focus on the selling of games as such instead of "the above stated" and that is my fault for not including that... so i apologize.

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gooeykat
[QUOTE="Gooeykat"][QUOTE="Lach0121"]USA, selling is legal, sex is legal, selling sex is illegal, so selling an orgasm to someone is illegal,

the other is a hero...Lach0121

actually i didnt quote him, i just said a statement close to what he said... (if i were to actually quote him, my account would be suspended or banned) and if your a George Carlin fan, you would know this.

third, and i realize it was out of the UK, i didnt say it was out of the US, you assumed i meant that. because i didnt say oooh they are soo wrong for a game like this in the UK....

and if you would of read the entire post, i was talking about priorities, maybe i should of included, yet people focus on the selling of games as such instead of "the above stated" and that is my fault for not including that... so i apologize.

I assumed you thought it was out of the US, because you used the USA in your example, which made no sense because many countries outlaw prostitution so it made no sense to single the US out. I agree George Carlin is one of the greatest comedians of all time, at least he was at the beginning of his career, he went off the reservation towards the end though. Which is why I hate to see people steal his work, you could of said George Carlin once said "..." Is there some Gamespot rule against quoting individuals? If so, this is the first time I'm hearing of this and of course I apologize if this is the case. I understood what you were getting at, I just disagreed with the means you used to get there. Anyway, as I stated earlier in this thread, I don't think its the priorities that are messed up, I think its that we don't seem to have single standard by which we judge. If we did, this game along with many other (including mainstream titles like GTA) would be banned as well. Much to our loss IMO.
sun-son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sun-son
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts
Rape is wrong, that is in reality. This is only a video game, you guys are sounding as if the game is raping people. Now this doesn't mean I would buy the game though, I'd simply wouldn't buy it because of my moral beliefs. Video games are one thing and Real life is another.
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts
why even make that game?
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 _Pedro_
why even make that game?pvtdonut54
Like I said in my post, because there is a demographic for it. People will make anything that sells and that is including a rape game.
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts
[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

the other is a hero...

now im against rape in anyway, but peoples priorities are so manipulated, its one big hurricane of BS.

... don't breed
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Japan is so weird. People there are so damn weird, that's why I hate that country. People who play these kinda games should be disturbing...
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Sounds like a weird game but if someone wants to make it so be it it shouldn't be nationally banned. Though i do agree with Amazo banning it, it's thier company they can sell what they like.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#26 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
That is the most disturbing thing I have heard all week - the fact that someone would actually make a game of that subject and make it sound so trivial - one of the most heinous crimes. Good for Amazon - showing some initiative. The people who made that should be locked up.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"][QUOTE="Gooeykat"] Okay, a lot ignorance in this statement. So as someone mentioned earlier, the complaints came out of the UK, not the US. And plus, what does prostitution have to do with rape?

Gooeykat

I assumed you thought it was out of the US, because you used the USA in your example, which made no sense because many countries outlaw prostitution so it made no sense to single the US out. I agree George Carlin is one of the greatest comedians of all time, at least he was at the beginning of his career, he went off the reservation towards the end though. Which is why I hate to see people steal his work, you could of said George Carlin once said "..." Is there some Gamespot rule against quoting individuals? If so, this is the first time I'm hearing of this and of course I apologize if this is the case. I understood what you were getting at, I just disagreed with the means you used to get there. Anyway, as I stated earlier in this thread, I don't think its the priorities that are messed up, I think its that we don't seem to have single standard by which we judge. If we did, this game along with many other (including mainstream titles like GTA) would be banned as well. Much to our loss IMO.

cool, no to actually quote him on that saying would be (f'ing is legal, selling is legal, why isnt selling F'ing legal) i guess i can abbreviate like that and not get in trouble, i mean cause of the "bad" words about teh suspending or banning account.. but yeah i dont mean to say i thought of that,cause i did get the thought from George, i think he was the great all thru his entire career, he spoke of real things..

plan on getting a poster of him for my "wall of inspiration" im not kidding. and if i offended u by saying that and not giving props to him im sorry, i do give all the credit for that line or any line like it to him. :)

but as far as piorities go, i think it is extremely messed up, people care more about thier personal agenda's than the carrying capacity of the planet. and care less about freedom or "liberties" than to have a means for control.

but we may disagree, but atleast we understand one another a little bit better now :)

no hard feelings?

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lach0121
[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

the other is a hero...

weirjf

... don't breed

lol didnt plan on it. for one, im not gonna support the overpopulation of the earth.

and i understand you want to lash out, go ahead, ill take my licks.

but for two, just understand what i have posted above is true.

1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts

Look - we all know a rape game isn't going to necessarily turn the whole world into rapists. But... doesn't anyone find it disturbing that one would find satisfaction in playing a game where you rape women? There's something wrong right there.

Likewise, I think there actually IS something a tad wrong in all of us for playing games where we find satisfaction for blowing people's heads off. I guess it started with a few pixels being zapped by a lazer and has evolved into arms flying off with blood smeared on walls and people screaming in terror. I find this somewhat excusable, because we're good guys out to kill the bad guys, and when we do choose the bad guy route, we're doing it to explore a different character, but we all know we're still the bad guy (This is partly the reason I somewhat dislike the GTA games - you're a glorified gangster, but never being held in a negative light).

IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
murder, bloodshed, foul language, and violence are one thing, but the RAPE of a mother and her child (not to mention assault) are entirely, unquestionably, unmistakably wrong. 1carus has a lot of very good points that I agree with, but Amazon has made the right choice - you can only go so far before you've gone TOO far.
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gooeykat

[QUOTE="Gooeykat"][QUOTE="Lach0121"]

Lach0121

cool, no to actually quote him on that saying would be (f'ing is legal, selling is legal, why isnt selling F'ing legal) i guess i can abbreviate like that and not get in trouble, i mean cause of the "bad" words about teh suspending or banning account.. but yeah i dont mean to say i thought of that,cause i did get the thought from George, i think he was the great all thru his entire career, he spoke of real things..

plan on getting a poster of him for my "wall of inspiration" im not kidding. and if i offended u by saying that and not giving props to him im sorry, i do give all the credit for that line or any line like it to him. :)

but as far as piorities go, i think it is extremely messed up, people care more about thier personal agenda's than the carrying capacity of the planet. and care less about freedom or "liberties" than to have a means for control.

but we may disagree, but atleast we understand one another a little bit better now :)

no hard feelings?

None at all :)
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
The games been out since 2006 and they're just banning it now!?!??!
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Yeah, why they didn't ban it earlier?
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
I would buy this game if we could rape goats or something, but girls....how gay
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lach0121
[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="Gooeykat"] I assumed you thought it was out of the US, because you used the USA in your example, which made no sense because many countries outlaw prostitution so it made no sense to single the US out. I agree George Carlin is one of the greatest comedians of all time, at least he was at the beginning of his career, he went off the reservation towards the end though. Which is why I hate to see people steal his work, you could of said George Carlin once said "..." Is there some Gamespot rule against quoting individuals? If so, this is the first time I'm hearing of this and of course I apologize if this is the case. I understood what you were getting at, I just disagreed with the means you used to get there. Anyway, as I stated earlier in this thread, I don't think its the priorities that are messed up, I think its that we don't seem to have single standard by which we judge. If we did, this game along with many other (including mainstream titles like GTA) would be banned as well. Much to our loss IMO. Gooeykat

no hard feelings?

None at all :)

cool :)

404-not-found

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 404-not-found
Member since 2009 • 1050 Posts
It's funny that you see games that encourage crimes everyday (homicide, robbery, illegal sex, street racing, drugs, alcohol, etc.) but when one of these games (there are a ton of these, it's nothing new) pops out, you see a huge deal about it. This is nothing new, there are hundreds of games like these, why? Because they sell, like the other guy said it has a demographic. And to be honest, it's a **** videogame, I couldn't give a damn. And isn't it ironic how the japanse amazon website sells hentai videos involving rape, little girls, etc.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lach0121

It's funny that you see games that encourage crimes everyday (homicide, robbery, illegal sex, street racing, drugs, alcohol, etc.) but when one of these games (there are a ton of these, it's nothing new) pops out, you see a huge deal about it. This is nothing new, there are hundreds of games like these, why? Because they sell, like the other guy said it has a demographic. And to be honest, it's a **** videogame, I couldn't give a damn. And isn't it ironic how the japanse amazon website sells hentai videos involving rape, little girls, etc.404-not-found

this is a valid point

mudflaps2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mudflaps2001
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts
Rape is terrible. So is murder, yet you can walk into any given Walmart and choose from a nice selection of games that involve wholesale slaughter. Its a video game, who cares?
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#39 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts
[QUOTE="Lach0121"][QUOTE="weirjf"][QUOTE="Lach0121"]

the other is a hero...

... don't breed

lol didnt plan on it. for one, im not gonna support the overpopulation of the earth.

Because I would prefer that the lower 10% of the bell curve stay out of the gene pool that makes me lashing out? OK, whatever makes you feel better about yourself. One of two things will happen... you will grow up and say "man, was I an idiot" or you won't. Since you aren't going to breed I couldn't possibly care which. What you percieve as being true I percieve as the perspective of a very young person with no real experience with the world and not enough bandwidth to see the big picture. But, whatever.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"][QUOTE="weirjf"] ... don't breedweirjf

Because I would prefer that the lower 10% of the bell curve stay out of the gene pool that makes me lashing out? OK, whatever makes you feel better about yourself. One of two things will happen... you will grow up and say "man, was I an idiot" or you won't. Since you aren't going to breed I couldn't possibly care which. What you percieve as being true I percieve as the perspective of a very young person with no real experience with the world and not enough bandwidth to see the big picture. But, whatever.

lol ironic comming from you. lol

everything i stated above is common knowledge...

"but, whatever"

d-rtyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 d-rtyboy
Member since 2006 • 3178 Posts

This isn't a free speech issue. The first amendment is there to protect political thought not so someone can get their rocks off by virtually raping women(or watching child porn for that matter). Unless you are a sick degenerate you couldn't possibly see a value in this game.

I understand the double standard between violence and sex. Men have a natural propensity to engage in and act violently. Violent games in general give us a way to satiate this drive without having to harm anyone. Now, I am not referring to games like GTA but Space Invaders or even Mario. When you take it to the level of acting out virtual rape, you are crossing a line between normal aggressive behavior and into the realm of pathology.

I don't believe that anyone who would not normally rape would rape after playing this game, as no study I have seen would suggest this. However, a line has to be drawn somewhere. Someone who would never rape also would never want to act it out in fantasy, as in this game. Someone interested in this game is likely to have real life rape fantasies and this game could only amplify those desires.

Again, unless you are a sick degenerate who belongs in a mental ward, you couldn't possibly see a value in this game.

Please don't reply unless you can type in complete sentences, spell correctly and know how to use punctuation. Thanks.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Rape is terrible. So is murder, yet you can walk into any given Walmart and choose from a nice selection of games that involve wholesale slaughter. Its a video game, who cares?mudflaps2001
Yea but your not really murdering in the sense your thinking about, your fighting for survival in the games, as in real life murder is killing the innocent, but a game of rape is wrong there are girls I know that have been raped, its a very touchy subject.
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 _Pedro_

[QUOTE="mudflaps2001"]Rape is terrible. So is murder, yet you can walk into any given Walmart and choose from a nice selection of games that involve wholesale slaughter. Its a video game, who cares?millerlight89
Yea but your not really murdering in the sense your thinking about, your fighting for survival in the games, as in real life murder is killing the innocent, but a game of rape is wrong there are girls I know that have been raped, its a very touchy subject.

A fight for survival? I personally think the majority of shooters revolve around killing people although mostly other soldiers, criminals or fellow gamers. Games like GTA are already touching a dangerous line, but they do it in such a comical way that it's completely ignorable.

Back on topic: Should we ban games like these? That is up to the consumer and company to decide. I personally think there is nothing more cruel than rape and it really disgusts me. I'm glad Amazon got their act together and realised that something like this would really ruin their company image.

As for the people that play these games would they act it out in real life? I think this game has a demographic, meaning the audience is already there. Even if this game didn't excist they would still live out their fantasies in their own sick way.

PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts
Japanese people don't have souls!
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

The amount of irony in this topic is astounding.

Anybody who has been on the internet for more than a week has tried out a vast number of these games. Most people play them and realize they suck and move on. Now that the mainstream has figured out that these games exist everybody is "outraged". Because that is what people like to do, "outrage".

Most of us can't say anything, because we play games where we kill hundreds of people everytime we turn on the system.

In the game that was "banned", you rape what, like 3 people I think?

In one of favorite game series, Time Crisis (an unpopular choice, but whatever), you kill hundreds if not thousands of people, and I would never do such a thing in real life.

I think it would be easy to see how Time Crisis is far worse. Which would you rather have people do? Rape 3 people or kill hundreds.

Anybody who bashes this game and then runs off to play something like Resident Evil 4, Grand Theft Auto, or anything like that is the biggest hypocrit of them all.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58402 Posts

Japanese creativity is a beautiful, unique, and quite often a frightening thing.

As for the banning, well, its their company they can do as they wish.

regnumekal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 regnumekal
Member since 2006 • 122 Posts

This isn't a free speech issue. The first amendment is there to protect political thought not so someone can get their rocks off by virtually raping women(or watching child porn for that matter). Unless you are a sick degenerate you couldn't possibly see a value in this game.

I understand the double standard between violence and sex. Men have a natural propensity to engage in and act violently. Violent games in general give us a way to satiate this drive without having to harm anyone. Now, I am not referring to games like GTA but Space Invaders or even Mario. When you take it to the level of acting out virtual rape, you are crossing a line between normal aggressive behavior and into the realm of pathology.

I don't believe that anyone who would not normally rape would rape after playing this game, as no study I have seen would suggest this. However, a line has to be drawn somewhere. Someone who would never rape also would never want to act it out in fantasy, as in this game. Someone interested in this game is likely to have real life rape fantasies and this game could only amplify those desires.

Again, unless you are a sick degenerate who belongs in a mental ward, you couldn't possibly see a value in this game.

Please don't reply unless you can type in complete sentences, spell correctly and know how to use punctuation. Thanks.

d-rtyboy

The problem is that most of the guys constantly have rape fantasies, for example when he sees a girl that he likes in a public transport. It's a normal thing, and you don't see them actually raping those girls. Secondly, the virtual sex games are bought by completely innocent people, who have a weaker character or social capabilities, and we all know raping is mostly done in group, so it involves socializing with other people that have the same thoughts as you. That means the guys that rape girls don't really buy these games. Thirdly, people should know that when some actions, products or rights begin to be banned from a place or territory, it means that the population of that territory suffers from a decreasing level of consciousness which could stop them from using those things, actions and rights to hurt others or to make material damage.

So the banning of rape games should worry you not because the games are depicting a bad behaviour, you should be concerned instead by the increasing stupidity surrounding you...

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

These types of games are quite popular in Japan actually.

Raxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Raxzor
Member since 2003 • 5399 Posts

People saying whats the difference between the rape game and say GTA games "You murder in one you rape in another, its just a game", you just don't get it do you!

GTA is about entertainment the people that buy GTA or Fallout are playing as a protaganist in a story, they don't but the game to watch murders. This rape game on the otherhand has no story you just rape a woman and her 2 daughters for no reason, other than a sick pleasure.

The people that buy this game are not going to call their friends around to watch them play this game like you would with Gears or War or GTA. The people that buy this game obviously have some kind or rape fantasy in their head, because there is no other reason to own this game. That is why this has been banned from Amazon and rightly so!

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

I guess I really don't get it.

The point is, everytime a game such as Killer 7 or Grand Theft Auto gets attacked people in the gaming community are up in arms about it. "blah blah blah first amendment blah blah blah freedom of expression blah blah its just a game its not reality".

But in this games case, people in THAT SAME COMMUNITY are talking about how people who play this game are "sick" and how they should be "shot" because "they have no place in society.

Seriously, doesn't that sound a LITTLE hypocritical to you? Maybe a bit?