Am I the only one who thinks that Bioshock really blows......leaves....

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Adonis71806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Adonis71806
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I finally went out and bought Bioshock after about a week of long hard searching for my next FPS. Some of my friends mentioned Bioshock to me and I didnt too much bother looking at all the screens and storylines and crap I just paid attention to the scores. It recieved pretty good scores from just about everywhere so I figured " What the heck, why not." Well after paying my hard earned (military) 20 dollars on Bioshock, I was sadly disappointed in the game right down to it's sinister little sisters that you have to ......eat?!?!?? I dont know but I would give the game like a four...not worth playing....so I pushed my little ESC button that got me outta there real quick and haven't looked back. Is there anyone else out there that shared the same pain as I did with Bioshock...thinking that it was something that it truely wasn't?!?!?!

pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts
So why didn't you like it?
johan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 johan1986
Member since 2003 • 4764 Posts
Nope one of the best fps ever imo
astri_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 astri_14
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts

LOL LET'S HYPE THE **** OUT OF THE GAME THEN MAKE IT A NORMAL RUN AND GUN GAME AND SAY IT HAS RPG ELEMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111one

Can't even sprint short distance or slow down and walk.

You're stuck in fast walk mode, big daddy's are annoying after the first 2. Little girls are annoying. Game is easy.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I loved the atmosphere but I disliked everything else about it. You're not the only one mate.
Candy-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Candy-Star
Member since 2004 • 4378 Posts
I loved the atmosphere but I disliked everything else about it. You're not the only one mate.Elann2008
^ Ditto.. I was really interested in the plot and whole theme and just about everything about the game.. how the big daddy fights were unique and all.. but when it came down to playing it it just wasn't that fun.
Buffalo_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Buffalo_Soulja
Member since 2004 • 13151 Posts

I didnt too much bother looking at all the screens and storylines and crap I just paid attention to the scores. It recieved pretty good scores from just about everywhere so I figured " What the heck, why not."

Adonis71806

I hope you learnt your lesson.

jpph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 jpph
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

fatshodan will soon be along to agree with you.

i regret giving it a 9.5 now, but it stil deserved a 9.0 imho cos of the atmosphere, and while the gunplay wasnt great, it wasnt terrible and the different weapons were fun cos of varied ammo and such, and the plasmids were fantastic.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
Fatshodan is now happy.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#10 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I liked it and had fun with it! Very cinematic!
napalm_winter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 napalm_winter
Member since 2004 • 663 Posts
I thought it was probably one of the best games I have ever played - incredibly immersive, beautiful graphics, great characters (my heart would start beating harder when the Big Daddy's came after me), and overall, just great. I genuinely don't understand why this game has had so much flak from people.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 biggest_loser

I thought it was probably one of the best games I have ever played - incredibly immersive, beautiful graphics, great characters (my heart would start beating harder when the Big Daddy's came after me), and overall, just great. I genuinely don't understand why this game has had so much flak from people. napalm_winter

A lot of people say it was over hyped. Though they were the ones reading the previews!

I suspect it has something to do with the fact that it was also released on Xbox360 - I for one couldn't care less.

shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts
Can't we just leave it to rest? Yeah it was not as good as some reviewers hyped it to be..(shooter 2.0 my ass) but it was decent enough as an FPS.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 biggest_loser

Can't we just leave it to rest? Yeah it was not as good as some reviewers hyped it to be..(shooter 2.0 my ass) but it was decent enough as an FPS.shalashaska88

I'm glad someone else is sick of the Bioshock bashing threads as well. Seriously, there are more threads criticising this game than Oblivion! Its a hell of a lot better than that game!

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#15 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

fatshodan has yet to make an appearance!

Btw I enjoyed it very much.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
I thought it was average. Wasn't great, but wasn't abysmal either.
TheBigBadGRIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 TheBigBadGRIM
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts

[QUOTE="shalashaska88"]Can't we just leave it to rest? Yeah it was not as good as some reviewers hyped it to be..(shooter 2.0 my ass) but it was decent enough as an FPS.biggest_loser

I'm glad someone else is sick of the Bioshock bashing threads as well. Seriously, there are more threads criticising this game than Oblivion! Its a hell of a lot better than that game!

You're right! It's Assassin's Creed's turn!!! ZOMG IT'S UBER LAME LIKE REPETITIVE WITH LIKE NO REAL FREE-ROARMING LULZ!!!!
darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
It got boring
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

[QUOTE="shalashaska88"]Can't we just leave it to rest? Yeah it was not as good as some reviewers hyped it to be..(shooter 2.0 my ass) but it was decent enough as an FPS.TheBigBadGRIM

You're right! It's Assassin's Creed's turn!!! ZOMG IT'S UBER LAME LIKE REPETITIVE WITH LIKE NO REAL FREE-ROARMING LULZ!!!!

Spoken like a true scholar.

I would like to play AC to decide for myself about that game. It is quite expensive at the moment though.

FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts
The demo told me not to buy this game.
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
Why I sitll had fun playing it, it wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 biggest_loser

Why I sitll had fun playing it, it wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be.rcignoni

What were you expecting?

RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#23 RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts
Nope you're not the only one. I didn't like the 1950's art-style, the little sisters, or the gameplay in general. On the whole I thought it was pretty awful. Fortunately I just downloaded the demo off Xbox Live so all I lost was time. I can see why others like it though, it's just not for me at all.
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts

[QUOTE="rcignoni"]Why I sitll had fun playing it, it wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be.biggest_loser

What were you expecting?

Something challenging, instead of something I could just blast my way through with a chicago typewriter. While there were challenging parts in Bioshock that I loved, there were others, like the bee houses that spawned enemies when you searched them, that I hated.
Buffalo_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Buffalo_Soulja
Member since 2004 • 13151 Posts

[QUOTE="rcignoni"]Why I sitll had fun playing it, it wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be.biggest_loser

What were you expecting?

I don't know about him but I expected them to play upon the whole freedom from God and Law theme a bit more. I usually don't like meaninglessly openended games like you've probably heard but Rapture would have set up the perfect excuse to make a game like that. I also feel the whole Little Sister thing was underdeveloped and wasn't as consequential as they would have you believe.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
loved it from start to finish, the art deco style, the plasmids, the story, the graphics and sound, all top notch. In fact I think i'll go for my 8th playthrough...
1nverted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 1nverted
Member since 2006 • 1654 Posts
I thought it was the best game of 2007, although obviously not the best FPS ever.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

[QUOTE="rcignoni"]Why I sitll had fun playing it, it wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be.Buffalo_Soulja

What were you expecting?

I don't know about him but I expected them to play upon the whole freedom from God and Law theme a bit more. I usually don't like meaninglessly openended games like you've probably heard but Rapture would have set up the perfect excuse to make a game like that. I also feel the whole Little Sister thing was underdeveloped and wasn't as consequential as they would have you believe.

I guess there is a lot of God/Power in the subtext of the story. It would make an interesting analysis. And yes Rapture could have been a city to explore. Though I still think that the level design is a compliment to that plot twist. They work hand in hand.

Hopefully the exploration of the city is something to look forward to in the Prequel! The story would really opt for it if you were a citizen of the ol' Rapture!

Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
The only thing special about the game was choosing to save or kill the girls. Everything else was bland and boring.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 biggest_loser

The only thing special about the game was choosing to save or kill the girls. Everything else was bland and boring.Sins-of-Mosin

You weren't even impressed by Ryan's own football team!?

Anofalye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#31 Anofalye
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts

BioShock makes me yawn a lot, it challenge my motivation. But I can't say anything bad against it, it is just not getting to me in anyway.

I don't relate to the character, the story isn't motivating me, fights are not to my tastes, I fail to see any challenge worth undertaking...but each of these points are strongly developped, just not in a way which can appeal to me. See, a movie could get a super rating and be boring me to death, I won't "enjoy it" to please critics, unlike my little sister.

Yet, it is a nice game. It wasn't meant to cross my path.

sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sandeep410
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts

Same thing happened to me i bought the game bec it was game of year. I found game to be complete peice of trash.Gunplay was horrible,there was time i would get lost and looking at map only confused me more. Graphics was horrilbe too with eveerything in primarily red colour.

Witcher should have got game of year instead

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 biggest_loser

BioShock makes me yawn a lot, it challenge my motivation. But I can't say anything bad against it, it is just not getting to me in anyway.

I don't relate to the character, the story isn't motivating me, fights are not to my tastes, I fail to see any challenge worth undertaking...but each of these points are strongly developped, just not in a way which can appeal to me. See, a movie could get a super rating and be boring me to death, I won't "enjoy it" to please critics, unlike my little sister.

Yet, it is a nice game. It wasn't meant to cross my path.

Anofalye

You don't relate to the character? Seriously mang, have you ever criticised another game for that?

Psycho from Crysis is a uhh lovable guy but you know...we can't all be like him!

My point is that sometimes - i don't mean to pick on you - I feel as though people are forcing a reason to criticise Bioshock.

Like sandeep410: primarily red? C'mon. Even those who hate it agree the graphics are gorgeous. Thats just wrong. There must be something up with your video card! Unless it is a clever metaphore!

"He saw red when he played Bioshock and it was not all it was meant to be".

Ahhh sandeep you clever fellow! I take my hat off to you sir...Ohhh yes the uhh the ol' toupee came with it...

jbisco25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jbisco25
Member since 2004 • 976 Posts

loved it from start to finish, the art deco style, the plasmids, the story, the graphics and sound, all top notch. In fact I think i'll go for my 8th playthrough...couly

on my 3th play-through and still loving it.;)

fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts
BioShock is mediocre at best.
Roris0A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Roris0A
Member since 2007 • 627 Posts
I didn't get too far in Bioshock; it just felt unrewarding to me. I will give it another try one of these days though.
gogators4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gogators4life
Member since 2006 • 4654 Posts
Fatshodan is right..... he'a ALWAYS right.
Adonis71806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Adonis71806
You many be sick of all the threads lol but you are on one right now....I hate Bioshock...and you should too. Oblivion rocks I loved that game.
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
i think its great
Adonis71806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Adonis71806

loved it from start to finish, the art deco style, the plasmids, the story, the graphics and sound, all top notch. In fact I think i'll go for my 8th playthrough...couly

Are you serious....don't tell me you wasted 7 of your real lives already...?!?!?!?

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

I thought it was a good game.

Graphics (Atmosphere) - Great

Gameplay (Just ok)

Story and everything else (Good)

I beat the game, so to me that means its a good game.

Stalker on the other hand, I don't play and got no where near beating it.

Adonis71806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Adonis71806

Nope you're not the only one. I didn't like the 1950's art-style, the little sisters, or the gameplay in general. On the whole I thought it was pretty awful. Fortunately I just downloaded the demo off Xbox Live so all I lost was time. I can see why others like it though, it's just not for me at all.RocKtheCasbaH

I agree. From the jump i mean the freaking old music and crappy soda machines that you had to hack because of some moving water....so dumb. I should have downloaded a demo before I wasted my time but oh well. At least the garbage monster had something to eat.

Adonis71806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Adonis71806

I thought it was a good game.

Graphics (Atmosphere) - Great

Gameplay (Just ok)

Story and everything else (Good)

I beat the game, so to me that means its a good game.

Stalker on the other hand, I don't play and got no where near beating it.

GPAddict

Well I have never played Stalker although I am interested in it just because I know there is another one coming out really soon. Ill have to try it out and see what happens. Still, I've had more fun playing "The Little Rugrats" on PSone than looking at Bioshock

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

[QUOTE="couly"]loved it from start to finish, the art deco style, the plasmids, the story, the graphics and sound, all top notch. In fact I think i'll go for my 8th playthrough...Adonis71806

Are you serious....don't tell me you wasted 7 of your real lives already...?!?!?!?

Um, we aren't talking about Big Rigs here. And btw there are people out there that actually don't like Oblivion! Really, I mean it.

eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 eggdog1234
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts
Bioshock is one boring piece of game. I couldn't get through 30minutes of it before I wanted to shoot myself, which I did..... only to come back to life in the vitachamber in my bathroom.
Adonis71806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Adonis71806

So why didn't you like it?pinneyapple

Well Mr Copperfruit I didnt like Bioshock because I felt like I had just spent some of my hardest working money on a game that was soundly "good" without a doubt in my mind. I walked in the store and got it. Waited about two days and was more anticipated than ever to play a simple game and then BOOM!!! I crack it open...and first of all recieve resistance from having to be online to install the darn thing and then....the gameplay was just too bland. I dont care too much for environments at all because to me if you dont have a good shooter...you just dont have a good game. RPG side of things it was ok "I GUESS" but like I said...it lacked that shooter mantality. I wouldn't even put this game in the same genre as an FPS because those are the games I play....not Bioshock. I'll wait until Bioshock like 7 comes out because maybe then they will learn how to stop messing up like they did. And who the heck reviewed this game anyways giving me false hope....grrr

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#48 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
it was an overrated game that was easier than Pong. i swear that it makes me mad that you can't rent PC games...
Draconis77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Draconis77
Member since 2003 • 636 Posts
I completely agree. I played the demo and played it a while at a friends house and just didn't like it at all.
Adonis71806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Adonis71806
[QUOTE="Adonis71806"]

[QUOTE="couly"]loved it from start to finish, the art deco style, the plasmids, the story, the graphics and sound, all top notch. In fact I think i'll go for my 8th playthrough...GPAddict

Um, we aren't talking about Big Rigs here. And btw there are people out there that actually don't like Oblivion! Really, I mean it.

Wow, there are people on earth who don't like Oblivion...i never would have guessed (DUHHHH!) There are gonna be people that dont like a lot of stuff. But Im positive that no one like Bioshock...even the people who say the game is good..when compared to other games...its sucks....hardcore