Am I the only one not excited for...

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I hear people already praising it and it's not even released yet. I feel that I'm the only person who doesn't want this game. Are there any others out there?

turaaggeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 turaaggeli
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you my friend. It's pretty hard to get excited for it when there's a truckload of other great games coming this year.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Phoenix534

I'm in the same boat as you my friend. It's pretty hard to get excited for it when there's a truckload of other great games coming this year.

turaaggeli

Yeah. We've got Bioshock 2, Assassin's Creed II, Dragon Age: Origins, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Wolfenstien, Section 8, DiRT 2, Alpha Protocol, Splinter Cell Conviction, Left 4 Dead 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, and Max Payne 3. All coming this year. And next year is already looking fantastic as well.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

well im excited for it as a decent FPS,thats all.no story,no characters...etc,just some good shooting

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#5 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I'm very excited for it. It has high expectations: mainly to be the best shooter of the year. To me it was head and shoulders above most of the games shown at E3. A lot will depend on what they do with the new game play - the under stages in particular and how things subverts things for the series - and also the narrative. I thought COD4 had a decent story. It was above average, this game needs something to back it up.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
I'm going to enjoy it I think, probably about as much as I'll enjoy the new Wolfenstein game. Both franchises are beginning to feel a little long in the tooth; ever since Crysis, I've been craving something I can approach differently each time I play. Sure, these games were only ever about the gun play, scripted events and atmosphere anyway, and for what they are, they're great fun, but it would be nice to see the genre evolve a little more.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I hear people already praising it and it's not even released yet. I feel that I'm the only person who doesn't want this game. Are there any others out there?

Phoenix534
why would you ever make a thread like that? anyway i loved cod 4, it reminded me that some people really wanna make games that will make us fall down from the chair, and in a world full of dissapointing sequels infinity ward has done it again...look at the trailer..... now if you dont like episodic action movie style you can go play far bored cry 2.... or bored stalker in a clear sky....
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

dakan45

why would you ever make a thread like that? anyway i loved cod 4, it reminded me that some people really wanna make games that will make us fall down from the chair, and in a world full of dissapointing sequels infinity ward has done it again...look at the trailer..... now if you dont like episodic action movie style you can go play far bored cry 2.... or bored stalker in a clear sky....

I watched the trailer. Then I watched a few more times, wondering what the hell this was. The trailer is cheesy. And you have your opinions on Far Cry 2 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, but it seems that you are the kind of gamer who can't go five seconds without shooting a guy.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 biggest_loser
He can't go five minutes without shooting a guy? You're the one who gave RE5 9.5 Charlie.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Phoenix534

He can't go five minutes without shooting a guy? You're the one who gave RE5 9.5 Charlie. biggest_loser

1) Wow. You actually now what scores I gave?
&
2)I love Resident Evil. If that's a crime, lock me up and throw away the key.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 biggest_loser

Phoenix534

Well my friend, I think its time to tell you, but yes it is. You better come with us buddy!

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

biggest_loser

Well my friend, I think its time to tell you, but yes it is. You better come with us buddy!

Ok. Well, I think I'll just use this little thing.

Jail Free Card

demonchao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 demonchao
Member since 2009 • 68 Posts

[QUOTE="turaaggeli"]

Phoenix534

Yeah. We've got Bioshock 2, Assassin's Creed II, Dragon Age: Origins, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Wolfenstien, Section 8, DiRT 2, Alpha Protocol, Splinter Cell Conviction, Left 4 Dead 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, and Max Payne 3. All coming this year. And next year is already looking fantastic as well.

I CANNOT SERIOUSLY BELIEVE THAT YOU FORGOT HALO 3 ODST!!!!!

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="turaaggeli"]

demonchao

You can't be serious.

turaaggeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 turaaggeli
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="turaaggeli"]

demonchao

And I can't believe you're foaming at the mouth about ODST in the PC gaming forum.....
demonchao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 demonchao
Member since 2009 • 68 Posts

[QUOTE="demonchao"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Phoenix534

You can't be serious.

oh, cmon, we all know that its going to rule, stop being a jerk

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="demonchao"]I CANNOT SERIOUSLY BELIEVE THAT YOU FORGOT HALO 3 ODST!!!!!

demonchao

You can't be serious.

oh, cmon, we all know that its going to rule, stop being a jerk

I'm not being a jerk and a couple of things.

1)This is a PC forum. ODST doesn't belong here nor do we want it here.

2)Personally, if it says Halo on it, I think it's going be ****. No Halo has ever been good and no Halo ever will be good.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
Uh oh, here we go again...
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

You're not the only one. I'm not really exited about MW2.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phoenix534

You're not the only one. I'm not really exited about MW2.

thusaha

Good to know I'm not the only one.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
game looks cool but i'm not so exited
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

Wellc onsidering I've never played CoD 4 except on a Ps3 (ick), I can't say I'm gonna explode in anticipation.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Phoenix534

Wellc onsidering I've never played CoD 4 except on a Ps3 (ick), I can't say I'm gonna explode in anticipation.

pvtdonut54

Why'd you say ick?

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
It's $60 on PC, so I'm not really that excited. I don't get why Activision thinks their game is worth more than other PC games. They don't balance the multiplayer and the singleplayer is so scripted that it couldn't be a difficult game to make, at least compared to some of the other marvels on PC.
penorburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 penorburger
Member since 2009 • 153 Posts

Hell no, you are not alone, COD games have always represented to me everything that is wrong with gaming today, huge hype, marketing, for what is the same game every year for 60 bucks, very linear (Nothing wrong with linearity, but these games take it to the extreme), dumb enemies with obvious trigger points and endless spawn after spawn physics, etc,.. COD is quickly becomign the SIMS of shooters. MW2 will be identical to MW1 the same way every other COD game has played identical with no improvement made nor any attempt to do something different. There is a fine line between scripted events and not being able to do anything else and over script every thing in a game.

WAY better games around that are much more original, UNFORTUNATELY, we live in an era of big hype and most games are casual in nature to sell more copies. Games today are a walk in the park with the exception of a few PC games and oldies. I could care less if i ever play another COD game, nothing we have not seen many times before. Now, I will prob get flamed like i slept with someones mom, that's OK, just proves the truth hurts.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Phoenix534

Hell no, you are not alone, COD games have always represented to me everything that is wrong with gaming today, huge hype, marketing, for what is the same game every year for 60 bucks, very linear (Nothing wrong with linearity, but these games take it to the extreme), dumb enemies with obvious trigger points and endless spawn after spawn physics, etc,.. COD is quickly becomign the SIMS of shooters. MW2 will be identical to MW1 the same way every other COD game has played identical with no improvement made nor any attempt to do something different. There is a fine line between scripted events and not being able to do anything else and over script every thing in a game.

WAY better games around that are much more original, UNFORTUNATELY, we live in an era of big hype and most games are casual in nature to sell more copies. Games today are a walk in the park with the exception of a few PC games and oldies. I could care less if i ever play another COD game, nothing we have not seen many times before. Now, I will prob get flamed like i slept with someones mom, that's OK, just proves the truth hurts.

penorburger

Um, wow. Strong feelings. But yeah, it is sad that Call of Duty is the new Simulation Shooter. Let's see what people have to say about CoD when they play Armed Assault 2.

soliderPp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 soliderPp
Member since 2004 • 1991 Posts

Phoenix534

I'm in the same boat as you. My problem with the Call Of Duty series is that I can't ever be sure what I'm going to get.

Back in 2002 Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault was being called one of the best shooters ever, little over a year latter the first Call Of Duty was released. In every way Call Of Duty triumphem over MOHAA. The graphics were amazing, the action was out of this world, the level design complemeted the action perfectly. It's probably my favorite FPS ever! THe next CoD to follow was the expansion, which to me delivered more of the same in the single player camaign but it took the multiplayer to a new level by adding movable MG's and vehicles that actually worked well with the game.

Infinity Ward's CoD: 2 had the same game mechanics from CoD it just had new graphics. That pissed me off because I paid $50 for a game that more or less was an expansion, which generally half the price of the normal game.

Call of Duty 2 was followed up by Spark Unlimited's Call of Duty: Finest Hour. The nicest thing I can say about Finest Hour is that it's a pile of sh*t that didn't deserve the Call of Duty name.

Trayarch's Call of Duty: Big Red One gets the same comment as Finest Hour.

Call of Duty 3 is a direct descendant of the first Call of Duty, unlike the random knock offs like Finest Hour and Big Red One, because of this Call of Duty 3 in my opinion turned out to be the biggest disappointment and the worst game in the franchise. I really don't understand how it got an 8.8 from GameSpot (GS). It almost seems like the developer paid GS to give their game a good score... but that could never happen... Right Jeff Gerstman? .....Jeff...Are you there?

Just when all hope was lost Call of Duty 4 came out. Needless to say most people would agree CoD4 turned out to be an amazing game. It's probably going to end up being my favorite shooter game for this "gen".

I'm not sure what's causing the buzz for CoD: MW2. The graphics look almost exactly the same, the game mechanics are exactly the same, and lastly wtf is this? This should be in a Bond game not in Call of Duty...

penorburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 penorburger

[QUOTE="penorburger"]

Phoenix534

Um, wow. Strong feelings. But yeah, it is sad that Call of Duty is the new Simulation Shooter. Let's see what people have to say about CoD when they play Armed Assault 2.

LOL, yeah, it's comical how people will say how realitic COD games are, nothing but pure arcade shooter.

ARMA II makes COD games look like a game designed for kids. Well, it is really, lol.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="penorburger"]

penorburger

LOL, yeah, it's comical how people will say how realitic COD games are, nothing but pure arcade shooter.

ARMA II makes COD games look like a game designed for kids. Well, it is really, lol.

I really wish I could run ARMA II.

penorburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 penorburger
[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="penorburger"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

it's awesome if you want realism, some may be turned off by the complexity and realism, but IMO, it makes it so much more rewarding, and at times looks like the best graphics I have ever seen froma realism standpoint.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="penorburger"] LOL, yeah, it's comical how people will say how realitic COD games are, nothing but pure arcade shooter.

penorburger

it's awesome if you want realism, some may be turned off by the complexity and realism, but IMO, it makes it so much more rewarding, and at times looks like the best graphics I have ever seen froma realism standpoint.

Stop it! You're making me want the game even more!:cry:

penorburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 penorburger
[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="penorburger"][QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

LOL sorry dude.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="penorburger"] it's awesome if you want realism, some may be turned off by the complexity and realism, but IMO, it makes it so much more rewarding, and at times looks like the best graphics I have ever seen froma realism standpoint. penorburger

LOL sorry dude.

It's ok. It gives me a goal to set. Upgrade my crap rig to ARMA II quality.

NauthiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NauthiX
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts
Yeah there's so many huge games coming in the near future. Personally I'm more exited about diablo iii, starcraft ii. and mortal online.
penorburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 penorburger
[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="penorburger"][QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

LOL sorry dude.

It's ok. It gives me a goal to set. Upgrade my crap rig to ARMA II quality.

Thats real Pc gamer talk, lol. With Diablo III, Starcraft, Call of pripyat (Loves me some stalker), Dragion Age, COD MW2 is barely even on my radar.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Phoenix534

Yeah there's so many huge games coming in the near future. Personally I'm more exited about diablo iii, starcraft ii. and mortal online.NauthiX

I haven't heard much about Mortal Online. None of those you mentioned really interest me, since I hate MMORPGs in general, but I get your point.

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pvtdonut54

[QUOTE="pvtdonut54"]

Phoenix534

Why'd you say ick?

because Ps3 is icky, and playing it on one made me wanna ake a shower. :P

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="pvtdonut54"]

pvtdonut54

Why'd you say ick?

I'm getting one...

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

soliderPp

I'm in the same boat as you. My problem with the Call Of Duty series is that I can't ever be sure what I'm going to get.

Back in 2002 Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault was being called one of the best shooters ever, little over a year latter the first Call Of Duty was released. In every way Call Of Duty triumphem over MOHAA. The graphics were amazing, the action was out of this world, the level design complemeted the action perfectly. It's probably my favorite FPS ever! THe next CoD to follow was the expansion, which to me delivered more of the same in the single player camaign but it took the multiplayer to a new level by adding movable MG's and vehicles that actually worked well with the game.

Infinity Ward's CoD: 2 had the same game mechanics from CoD it just had new graphics. That pissed me off because I paid $50 for a game that more or less was an expansion, which generally half the price of the normal game.

Call of Duty 2 was followed up by Spark Unlimited's Call of Duty: Finest Hour. The nicest thing I can say about Finest Hour is that it's a pile of sh*t that didn't deserve the Call of Duty name.

Trayarch's Call of Duty: Big Red One gets the same comment as Finest Hour.

Call of Duty 3 is a direct descendant of the first Call of Duty, unlike the random knock offs like Finest Hour and Big Red One, because of this Call of Duty 3 in my opinion turned out to be the biggest disappointment and the worst game in the franchise. I really don't understand how it got an 8.8 from GameSpot (GS). It almost seems like the developer paid GS to give their game a good score... but that could never happen... Right Jeff Gerstman? .....Jeff...Are you there?

Just when all hope was lost Call of Duty 4 came out. Needless to say most people would agree CoD4 turned out to be an amazing game. It's probably going to end up being my favorite shooter game for this "gen".

I'm not sure what's causing the buzz for CoD: MW2. The graphics look almost exactly the same, the game mechanics are exactly the same, and lastly wtf is this? This should be in a Bond game not in Call of Duty...

I agree completely with this gentleman. I always found that Call of Duty 1 and UO's true sucessor was Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and with Modern Warfare 2 upon us...the change is barely visible, if at all...why people get hyped so easily for virtually the same game is beyond me.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Phoenix534

I watched the trailer. Then I watched a few more times, wondering what the hell this was. The trailer is cheesy. And you have your opinions on Far Cry 2 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, but it seems that you are the kind of gamer who can't go five seconds without shooting a guy.

now i can and i gave 9 to far cry 2 but this whole "open ended shooter " thing is getting old seriously i wanna see some story and diffirent levels like half life 2 games
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dakan45

[QUOTE="penorburger"]

Phoenix534

that you die every 10 mintues, no thanks i play mw 2 isntead because its fun and not simulator borring.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dakan45

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="penorburger"]

penorburger

yeah but its more reallistic than crysis, stalker and far cry 2, at least in cod 4 you dont have to shoot someone 10000 times, plus the 40 mm grenades work right.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="penorburger"]

dakan45

that you die every 10 mintues, no thanks i play mw 2 isntead because its fun and not simulator borring.

Are you kinding? Simulators are the best you'll ever get.

penorburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 penorburger

[QUOTE="penorburger"]

LOl here is the intelligent poster with nothing to add. Die every ten minutes, obviously have zero clue about the game? I find lack of any challenge utterly pointless, to each his own, whats boring for you is not for me, look up opinion in the dictionary. COD = vastlt overrated by 12 yr old console gamers.
penorburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 penorburger

[QUOTE="penorburger"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

dakan45

yeah but its more reallistic than crysis, stalker and far cry 2, at least in cod 4 you dont have to shoot someone 10000 times, plus the 40 mm grenades work right.

BWHAHAHA BWHAHA, lol, it is vastly more arcade then any of thos egame just based on the bad shooting mechanics, lack of physics, bad AI and lack of anything other then heavily scripted linear gameplay. it is the most Arcade shooter around, thus its popularity. None of those you listed do you have to shoot someone that many times either, but, exagerating and making stuff up is a feeble attempt to try and prove an invalid point.

Stalker? Stalker is more realistic then anything outside ARMA with regards to its shooting machanics,can only take a few bullets, and dynamic gameplay. try stand in the open in stalker and not move, even on lower difficulties you get raped. COD4 you can take 20 bullets, hide ina corner and magically heal, lol.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Phoenix534

penorburger

LOl here is the intelligent poster with nothing to add. Die every ten minutes, obviously have zero clue about the game? I find lack of any challenge utterly pointless, to each his own, whats boring for you is not for me, look up opinion in the dictionary. COD = vastlt overrated by 12 yr old console gamers.

Probably just mad because he probably has no idea what the words battle tactics and strategic combat mean.

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 pvtdonut54

[QUOTE="pvtdonut54"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Why'd you say ick?

Phoenix534

I'm getting one...

don't waste your money on consoles

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="pvtdonut54"]

pvtdonut54

I'm getting one...

I like consoles...

penorburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 penorburger
[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="pvtdonut54"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

I'm getting one...

I like consoles...

Consoles are fine for what they are, vastly overrated gaming systems yes, no one promotes PC like MS and Sony promote consoles, but they are Ok for casual peeps and casual gaming, not everyone wants to fool around with their PC and game on it. PC is better, yes, but consoles are not all bad.
metaltoiletry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 metaltoiletry
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts

I enjoyed the first CoD game, but then I started playing Day of Defeat. And Counter-Strike was infinitely more entertaining than CoD multiplayer.

I didn't buy CoD4 and I don't plan to buy CoD4-2

I really really want to play Arma 2, but I'm waiting for the price to come down.

What smells like gizz? Oh, that's me thinking about OF: Dragon Rising.