Alienware owners.............

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 42316
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts

Hey i was looking into buying an alienware, because i've been reading on how the

machine are absolute beasts on a lot of sites, but there are some sites which

sa otherwise. so i've decided to put my faith in the hands of you guys. Anyone whos

got an alienware, pls post and tell me if it is worth the rather hefty price tag or

if im better off waiting for AMD, ATI, Nvidia, and Intel to bring out stuff to choose from....

Thanks in advance.......... 

Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts

I dunno how long it will take to wait for Intel, AMD, ATI, and Nvidia to start making prebuilts, but I don't think it's gonna be in our generation

And I'll say what every other competent person on this board says, "If you got the cash to burn to go for it(alienware)" 

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
I do not own an alienware but they are still vastly overpriced.  You've probably already heard this but, building it yourself is the best and cheapest way to get a great gaming computer.  You may be able to find a friend that can build it for you or you can go to a local pc shop.  There are also other sites that offer good pc's but arent that much cheaper or really better than alienware.
yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
no doubt alienware machines are real beats, there best laptop has DUAL 7950GT's in it. the only thing with them is that they are quite expensive.
luamhtrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 luamhtrad
Member since 2003 • 1997 Posts

no doubt alienware machines are real beats, there best laptop has DUAL 7950GT's in it. the only thing with them is that they are quite expensive.yoyo462001

umm... It's DUAL 7950GTX's. Don't cheapen it.

supergamer1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 supergamer1289
Member since 2005 • 2825 Posts
I would get an ailen ware, but i all ready set fire to a big pile of money just this morning.
adam0926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 adam0926
Member since 2006 • 5064 Posts
If I were going to get a pre built PC i would get a Voodoo
Xraydon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Xraydon
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts
I have had mine for two years+ and still love it ( after doing some upgrades last year). The remarks about vastly overpriced and burning piles of money are laughable. However their recent ratings on resellersratings.com has taken a dive as of late. 
ZBoater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZBoater
Member since 2003 • 1855 Posts

Alienware makes awesome machines.  Terms like "vastly" or "waaaay" overpriced are mostly exagerations, but it depends on your budget.  You can expect to pay about 15% more if you really hunted down parts once you compare APPLES to APPLES and consider shipping costs, etc., and you won't get the benefit of a system-wide warranty going custom-built.  Building your own is a lot of fun for those who enjoy that sort of thing.  For others, they rather play with their PCs and call someone else to fix them when they break.  Its up to you.  If you decide going pre-built, Alienware makes awesome PCs.

testingnorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 testingnorman
Member since 2005 • 282 Posts

I've got an ALX computer that costs me around 7.2K USD.

Here's some pros and cons:

pros

Everything's built and ready to go, you literally take it out of the box and plug in and start working.

Everything's optimized for you right out of the box.

Both inside and outside of the machine look very clean. The wiring and the cooling system were both professionally done.

It runs great.

cons

like everyone here will tell ya, it is overpriced, no doubt about it. With the similar parts, my 7.2k computer would've cost around 5k if you buy the parts on newegg.com.

My machine took about a month to build.

Bottom line is, if you have the money to throw away and the patients (or a backup computer) to wait for about a month, and you want everything to be done right, go with Alienware.

Avatar image for deactivated-62d5c59659078
deactivated-62d5c59659078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 deactivated-62d5c59659078
Member since 2007 • 2104 Posts

no doubt alienware machines are real beats, there best laptop has DUAL 7950GT's in it. the only thing with them is that they are quite expensive.yoyo462001

Get the Dell XPS M1710 laptop. It's better then any Allienware laptop, even if you're camparing specs.

And don't say - it's from Dell....... because allienware is owned by dell.

SOTE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SOTE
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts

[QUOTE="yoyo462001"]no doubt alienware machines are real beats, there best laptop has DUAL 7950GT's in it. the only thing with them is that they are quite expensive.OmegaNemesis28

Get the Dell XPS M1710 laptop. It's better then any Allienware laptop, even if you're camparing specs.

And don't say - it's from Dell....... because allienware is owned by dell.

yeah but he wants a desktop laptop gaming isn't really suggested

ackr1TE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ackr1TE
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts

Alien Ware is just a brand and has nothing to do with the performance of it's components.

Basicly they just take parts from other companys put there logo and sell it for like 25-30% more.

For example the rig in my signature i tryed to build same spec on there site cost a whopping 800$ more.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

Alien Ware is just a brand and has nothing to do with the performance of it's components.

Basicly they just take parts from other companys put there logo and sell it for like 25-30% more.

For example the rig in my signature i tryed to build same spec on there site cost a whopping 800$ more.

ackr1TE
wait im confused did you mean $8000
wammasbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wammasbrain
Member since 2004 • 348 Posts

I've got an ALX computer that costs me around 7.2K USD.

Here's some pros and cons:

pros

Everything's built and ready to go, you literally take it out of the box and plug in and start working.

Everything's optimized for you right out of the box.

Both inside and outside of the machine look very clean. The wiring and the cooling system were both professionally done.

It runs great.

cons

like everyone here will tell ya, it is overpriced, no doubt about it. With the similar parts, my 7.2k computer would've cost around 5k if you buy the parts on newegg.com.

My machine took about a month to build.

Bottom line is, if you have the money to throw away and the patients (or a backup computer) to wait for about a month, and you want everything to be done right, go with Alienware.

testingnorman

I bought an ALX for about the same price and the onlt gripe I've got is that the sales team are nearly useless. My system was delayed but when I eventually got it runs like lightning. I'm in the UK by the way. The other thing is I priced the same rig up on various other websites and found it was about 500 quid cheaper(about 1000 dollars) So if you think paying that extra for the name is worth it then get one. By the way the machine weighs an absolute ton so don't put your back out trying to get it upstairs.

harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts
Well I got mine for a graduation gift 3 years ago, it was mid-range and I put a good GPU in it. IT IS LOUD. I like it a lot and am now giving it to my brother, cus im building a new. (alienware is just too expensive, my 1600 dollar build would cost 2500 there). If you got the money, then they are good I suppose. Hey case is cool looking.