3850x3 = 24909 3dmark06

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

Wow, all of you are just fanboys, ALL of you. Yeah Ati is closer working with AMD, but nvidia is more associated with intel, which is the leading CPU company, by FAR.Menfear

HOWWW... all mobos with intel chipset have no SLI configuration... yeah nice partnership...

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

[QUOTE="Menfear"]Wow, all of you are just fanboys, ALL of you. Yeah Ati is closer working with AMD, but nvidia is more associated with intel, which is the leading CPU company, by FAR.Bebi_vegeta

HOWWW... all mobos with intel chipset have no SLI configuration... yeah nice partnership...

As long as the nvidia chipsets (best ones btw the 750i kicks A) are compatible with intel processors then who cares "who likes who". Its like a bloomin' playground...

farkinell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 farkinell
Member since 2006 • 267 Posts
Intel and nVidia are not in a 'partnership' with each other, on the contrary they will soon be direct competitors as intel is planning to enter the GPU market with its own Larrabee GPU. nVidia has nothing to do with intel, which is demonstrated by nVidias reluctance to license their SLI tech for intel chipsets, as well as their own GPU roadmap.
dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts
[QUOTE="Alejo17"][QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"][QUOTE="teddyrob"]

[QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"]I dont care.SSGWright

Official 3DMark '06 PCHW Scores thread has 87 pages that disagree with you.

lol musa cracks me up, fanboy ftw...

Well ignorance can be pretty widespread.

loooool, i saw that coming too specially from musa, wow its amazing how retarded he is

ROFL musa your such a fanboy, it astounds me... i can't even put it into words (well without getting banned anyway)

how old is Musa ??? 12 perhaps ??

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts
[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="TrooperManaic"]I belive intel is the reason why nvidia is doing so well.. When nvidia splits from intel then we would be not useing nvidia anymore, actually we wont be useing ATI for that matter because I believe intel will beat all of those companies. Though time will only tell. so it would be like old times... AMD ATI NVDIA as allies.dudy80

WHAT?

Yea, what are you talking about?Amd owns ati. There the same company. And why the hell would intel have anything to do with it? Intels processors used to suck for gaming and nvidia was still good.

I don't think you got what I was talking about, since I don't quite care to clarify your just gunna have to read it until you get what I am talking about.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts
[QUOTE="Lilgunney612"][QUOTE="darkplayer"][QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

LOL I'm an nVidia fan and even I can point out that. :D

I've been a fan since the Geforce 2 then I got Geforce 5500 then Geforce 7600 and now a 8800GS but I'm going to buy a HD4XXX!

darkplayer

Its not even out yet, how do you know it will be worth getting...

based on the rumors and whatnot, apparently it will be the thing that puts AMD back on the top... again just rumors and i dont like basing products off of rumors.

Yeah thats what was being said about the 2900XT, and we know how that turned out...

The HD3XXX series beat the Geforce 8 series and now the HD4XXX series will top the HD3XXX series and possibly the 9 series if the rumors are correct. So thats why I'm not rushing in buying a 9800GTX anytime soon.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Bebi_vegeta
[QUOTE="dudy80"][QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="TrooperManaic"]I belive intel is the reason why nvidia is doing so well.. When nvidia splits from intel then we would be not useing nvidia anymore, actually we wont be useing ATI for that matter because I believe intel will beat all of those companies. Though time will only tell. so it would be like old times... AMD ATI NVDIA as allies.TrooperManaic

WHAT?

Yea, what are you talking about?Amd owns ati. There the same company. And why the hell would intel have anything to do with it? Intels processors used to suck for gaming and nvidia was still good.

I don't think you got what I was talking about, since I don't quite care to clarify your just gunna have to read it until you get what I am talking about.

Get me a mobo that can run SLI configuration on intel chipset.

chandlerr_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: -2

#58 chandlerr_360
Member since 2006 • 5078 Posts
I am getting 9000 with a single 3850. That is some pretty good price/performance right there.
Menfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 Menfear
Member since 2004 • 1068 Posts

Intel and nVidia are not in a 'partnership' with each other, on the contrary they will soon be direct competitors as intel is planning to enter the GPU market with its own Larrabee GPU. nVidia has nothing to do with intel, which is demonstrated by nVidias reluctance to license their SLI tech for intel chipsets, as well as their own GPU roadmap.farkinell

Oh I did not know that, sorry my mistake. I alway thought that it was nvidia with intel and amd with ati, seems like that I was wrong.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#60 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
I don't understand why everyone has such a raging boner over 3DMark scores... ATi included. Especially that those who have the registered/paid version of the software can easily fool around with its settings in order to significantly inflate the score. And it's not as if either company is a stranger to the concept of doing screwy things at runtime in order to minimize the load on your GPU and/or system in order to further increase that score, too. 3DMark lost its credibility to me after the geForceFX "crouching woman, hidden dragon" bit with 3DMark01 and later when ATi released the X800 series and people found out that their driver made it impossible to even do trilinear filtering properly (this was before the drivers started having the CCC bundled in). 3DMark also isn't the only game in town for benchmarking, either. And I'd rather also see benchmark results that take into account both Direct3D and OpenGL, because some of us like to play OpenGL games too. Or better yet, how about benchmarks in running ACTUAL games ?
swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#61 swehunt
Member since 2008 • 3637 Posts

3DMark also isn't the only game in town for benchmarking, either. And I'd rather also see benchmark results that take into account both Direct3D and OpenGL, because some of us like to play OpenGL games too. Or better yet, how about benchmarks in running ACTUAL games ?

codezer0

As premature drivers for test-cards not are compatible fully with games advanced codes is why they put up 3Dmark in those early test.

But 3Dmark is a good hint of the capability of a gpu or gpu´s, maybe not the actual game performance as drivers and code of the game play a bigger variable there.

Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Lilgunney612
Member since 2005 • 1878 Posts
[QUOTE="Lilgunney612"][QUOTE="darkplayer"][QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

I've been a fan since the Geforce 2 then I got Geforce 5500 then Geforce 7600 and now a 8800GS but I'm going to buy a HD4XXX!

Bebi_vegeta

based on the rumors and whatnot, apparently it will be the thing that puts AMD back on the top... again just rumors and i dont like basing products off of rumors.

The 2900XTX was also a rumor puting ATI king... but that never happened did it?

again, they are just rumors. i never said they will come back on top.

Musacircuit_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Musacircuit_2
Member since 2008 • 570 Posts
[QUOTE="SSGWright"][QUOTE="Alejo17"][QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"][QUOTE="teddyrob"]

[QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"]I dont care.dantesergei

loooool, i saw that coming too specially from musa, wow its amazing how retarded he is

ROFL musa your such a fanboy, it astounds me... i can't even put it into words (well without getting banned anyway)

No i am only 2 years old.:(
McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 McJugga
Member since 2007 • 9453 Posts
[QUOTE="dantesergei"][QUOTE="SSGWright"][QUOTE="Alejo17"][QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"][QUOTE="teddyrob"]

[QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"]I dont care.Musacircuit_2

You must be since you can't read one sentance, he said 12 not 2.

Musacircuit_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Musacircuit_2
Member since 2008 • 570 Posts
[QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"][QUOTE="dantesergei"][QUOTE="SSGWright"][QUOTE="Alejo17"][QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"][QUOTE="teddyrob"]

[QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"]I dont care.McJugga

WTF.He said i am 12 years old and i just corrected him cuz i am 2 years old and not 12.I was just correcting him.:|
McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 McJugga
Member since 2007 • 9453 Posts
[QUOTE="McJugga"][QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"][QUOTE="dantesergei"][QUOTE="SSGWright"][QUOTE="Alejo17"][QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"][QUOTE="teddyrob"]

[QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"]I dont care.Musacircuit_2

WTF.He said i am 12 years old and i just corrected him cuz i am 2 years old and not 12.I was just correcting him.:|

I see...

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Bebi_vegeta
[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"][QUOTE="Lilgunney612"][QUOTE="darkplayer"][QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

Lilgunney612

The 2900XTX was also a rumor puting ATI king... but that never happened did it?

again, they are just rumors. i never said they will come back on top.

Then we might as well say nothing...

Rhamsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Rhamsus
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts
[QUOTE="swehunt"]My guess is that ATI cant raise the large amount for sponsoring as nvidia can pay/give.

The money and hardware are in use for game developers to get a actual game working.

"nvidia, play as it´s ment to be played."

I explained in my erlier post.LordEC911

So you think Nvidia has more money than AMD?
AMD/ATi has relationships with most of the developers, it is just that Nvidia spends a ridiculous amount of money/time.

spending habits aside as they are not relevant in this case, the real question isnt who has more money but who has posted a larger profit year over year.

LordEC911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LordEC911
Member since 2004 • 9972 Posts

spending habits aside as they are not relevant in this case, the real question isnt who has more money but who has posted a larger profit year over year.Rhamsus

Really?
So there is nothing else to look at in SEC filings other than the net profit?
Awesome, you should easily get a job as an ACC professor.

swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 swehunt

[QUOTE="Rhamsus"]spending habits aside as they are not relevant in this case, the real question isnt who has more money but who has posted a larger profit year over year.LordEC911

Really?

LordEC911 also wrote:"Nvidia has more money than AMD? That is laughable."

Money that are well invested comes back over time, profit and capita is not the same, the profit make the advance and the capita make the budjet.

As for AMD and ATI im quite sure you know their money are separate, they don´t share the same budjet.

Wesker776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Wesker776
Member since 2005 • 7004 Posts
[QUOTE="LordEC911"]

[QUOTE="Rhamsus"]spending habits aside as they are not relevant in this case, the real question isnt who has more money but who has posted a larger profit year over year.swehunt

Really?

Money that are well invested comes back over time, profit and capita is not the same, the profit make the advance and the capita make the budjet.

As for AMD and ATI im quite sure you know their money are separate, they don´t share the same budjet.

Capital makes the budget? Can you explain a bit further?

Money is a very subjective thing when it comes to accounting. ATI could very well have more cash than NVIDIA--I don't know, I haven't seen either company's cash flow, P+L statement or balance sheet.

swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 swehunt
[QUOTE="swehunt"][QUOTE="LordEC911"]

[QUOTE="Rhamsus"]spending habits aside as they are not relevant in this case, the real question isnt who has more money but who has posted a larger profit year over year.Wesker776

Really?

Capital makes the budget? Can you explain a bit further?

Money is a very subjective thing when it comes to accounting. ATI could very well have more cash than NVIDIA--I don't know, I haven't seen either company's cash flow, P+L statement or balance sheet.

This is relly the basic company acc.

If you have a budjet and a income you dont want your money to go and inflate and undermine your company by spending them to fast, you´d want them to build your company strong. -rigth?

If you just got a lot of money like ATI did, you could invest them into the profit area and gain more of em? rigth?

Than why would you go invest them into things you don´t have a short-therm profit when you expand like ATI does? -rigth?

(Reffering to the first statement from lordEC911 where we talked about nvidia could set more money into game development than ATI, -And this is realy why nvidia in it´s company could set of more money to game´s than ATI does today, and specialy those last years-)

/Swehunt

Wesker776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Wesker776
Member since 2005 • 7004 Posts

Not to sound rude, but you could have worded both of your previous statements a lot better. Of course, if you're not from an English speaking country then it's not your fault.

If you have a budjet and a income you dont want your money to go and inflate and undermine your company by spending them to fast, you´d want them to build your company strong. -rigth?

That's why the budget is established in the first place.

You're not going to burn cash and or assets on useless projects if you have a budget in the first place. Certainly you could end up losing assets, a fall in profits or even experience a loss because a budget isn't a crystal ball.

Further, this may be drifting off topic, but unlike an economy, a business won't face serious repocussions if they grow too fast (assuming outputs continue to grow as high or higher than inputs). If anything, a business should try to maximise its growth as fast as possible (again, assuming they can achieve increasing returns from inputs).

If you just got a lot of money like ATI did, you could invest them into the profit area and gain more of em? rigth?

Than why would you go invest them into things you don´t have a short-therm profit when you expand like ATI does? -rigth?

None of us here work at ATI, but I'm sure it's safe to say that ATI does reinvest its profit into R&D to improve their products. It's quite foolish to say otherwise.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts
[QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"][QUOTE="McJugga"][QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"][QUOTE="dantesergei"][QUOTE="SSGWright"][QUOTE="Alejo17"][QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"][QUOTE="teddyrob"]

[QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"]I dont care.McJugga

I see...

hmmmm it somehow makes sense to me now....
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

The HD3XXX series beat the Geforce 8 series and now the HD4XXX series will top the HD3XXX series and possibly the 9 series if the rumors are correct. So thats why I'm not rushing in buying a 9800GTX anytime soon.

nVidiaGaMer
Care to prove that? Last I checked, the 8800GTS and GTX had no problems overtaking the HD3870, and the 3870x2 was answered by the 9800GX2. ATI's last shot was a miss, which is why nVidia took it easy with the 9's. ATI's next chance to overtake nVidia will be with the R700 chipset.
swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 swehunt

Not to sound rude, but you could have worded both of your previous statements a lot better. Of course, if you're not from an English speaking country then it's not your fault.

Wesker776

Sorry didn´t ment to sound rude, just as you say my native language is not English.

Further, this may be drifting off topic, but unlike an economy, a business won't face serious repocussions if they grow too fast (assuming outputs continue to grow as high or higher than inputs). If anything, a business should try to maximise its growth as fast as possible (again, assuming they can achieve increasing returns from inputs).

Wesker776

This is where my oppinion is the other way, A slow but steady growth is much more wanted, beqous if the growth is too fast a company will undermine, company wanting to grow big dont throw assets out invested at first hold-on of cash. They make good judement and wait to get their money good worth.

I study this things at university, and I will make a little comparison; you know about the "IT-bubble"?

Very many fast growing IT company´s had a lot of cash and they did invest at first hold-on all their assets for a even faster growth when they expand to much they could not deliver their products to the customer, result = undermined. and that made the whole market unstable and most of those companys did fall flat ending up broke.

None of us here work at ATI, but I'm sure it's safe to say that ATI does reinvest its profit into R&D to improve their products. It's quite foolish to say otherwise.

Wesker776

True, but to get back on the track the whole point is that ATi could not invest all those money when ATI was on their own, at that point AMD was not the owner of ATI., and we can talk about this things and money/wealth/ATI´s market ideology all nigth, but the still first statement I did reply to was:

LordEC911 wrote: "Nvidia has more money than AMD? That is laughable."

-No, but ATI was not AMD when games today was developed and nvidia pumped a lot money into game-development, ATi did not have the money in their budjet to do that at that point.

matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 matte3560
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts
[QUOTE="Alejo17"][QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"][QUOTE="teddyrob"]

[QUOTE="Musacircuit_2"]I dont care.SSGWright

*looks at ur avatar*

you ATi fanboy bastard.......

Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Lilgunney612
Member since 2005 • 1878 Posts
[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

HuusAsking

Care to prove that? Last I checked, the 8800GTS and GTX had no problems overtaking the HD3870, and the 3870x2 was answered by the 9800GX2. ATI's last shot was a miss, which is why nVidia took it easy with the 9's. ATI's next chance to overtake nVidia will be with the R700 chipset.

... your acting as if its a war, just because nvidia is "on top" right now doesnt mean all of AMD's cards are obsolete, and just because the 3870x2 was outdone by two overpriced peices of PCB glued together doesnt mean that it was ATI's "last chance". the GPU market will keep going back and forth like it has for a while now. Both companies will continue to release their GPU's and consumers will continue to buy from each of them.

Alejo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Alejo17
Member since 2005 • 690 Posts
thats cool
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts
[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

Lilgunney612

... your acting as if its a war, just because nvidia is "on top" right now doesnt mean all of AMD's cards are obsolete, and just because the 3870x2 was outdone by two overpriced peices of PCB glued together doesnt mean that it was ATI's "last chance". the GPU market will keep going back and forth like it has for a while now. Both companies will continue to release their GPU's and consumers will continue to buy from each of them.

By "last shot", I meant last shot to date. The 3870 was supposed to overtake the GeForce 8's but it came up short. Otherwise, we'd have probably seen the GT200's fast-tracked. Since nVidia wasn't seriously overtaken, that's why the 9's are more a tuneup than a serious upgrade from the last generation. I'm not saying ATI is out of luck, it's just that they'll have to use their next shot, the R700, to overtake nVidia's lead.

And it is a war. Call it "Keeping Up With the Joneses", "Can You Top This?", or whatever you want. It's a war of constant one-upmanship that, as long as it lasts, will keep these two companies working at a fever pitch. And we end up better for it.

LordEC911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LordEC911
Member since 2004 • 9972 Posts
[QUOTE="Wesker776"]

swehunt

True, but to get back on the track the whole point is that ATi could not invest all those money when ATI was on their own, at that point AMD was not the owner of ATI., and we can talk about this things and money/wealth/ATI´s market ideology all nigth, but the still first statement I did reply to was:

-No, but ATI was not AMD when games today was developed and nvidia pumped a lot money into game-development, ATi did not have the money in their budjet to do that at that point.

WTF are you talking about?
ATi had more money than Nvidia back in the day... like 2003.

ATi had roughly double the cash that Nvidia did.
428m vs 215m.

I'm trying to figure out where you are pulling your numbers from.

swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 swehunt
[QUOTE="swehunt"][QUOTE="Wesker776"]

LordEC911

WTF are you talking about?
ATi had more money than Nvidia back in the day... like 2003.

ATi had roughly double the cash that Nvidia did.
428m vs 215m.

I'm trying to figure out where you are pulling your numbers from.

Well I assume you didn´t read your links cos the whole total assets for ATI Feb/2004 was $1.263.633 and for nvidia it was $1.399,344.

And I can´t possible know how nvidia had those $135.711 more revised or placed, but clearly was ATI growing strong under 2004.

By looking at thoose figures dont show how much money they could spend before the budjet, just whats over wen the budjet is fixed. total amount of free cash just is reserve backup.

But theese nubers just show that nvidia is a bigger company specally 2003 and 2004 and the total amount of assets was bigger.