Windows 8 Pro upgrade for 15$ + tax

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MonsieurX (29145 posts) -

This is how you will get windows 8 upgrade version for 15$+Tax.

It's easy and simple

Go at http://windowsupgradeoffer.com

Yes I know, you think it's for new PC only.

But your wrong, It's not, believe me.

Now that you are on http://windowsupgradeoffer.com

Fill everything with what you want,

Now choose your PC : For this and for all my 3 pc I did this but i'm sure something else will work

For the date, write that you buy the computer last week, or yesterday, (maybe something else will work)

Go to walmart.ca chose a laptop brand. Write walmart at Name of retailer *

chose at PC Brand * Ex:HP now copy paste the model of the pc and write it at PC Model * ex: 2000-2a09ca

Now finish the subscription.

You have now received a mail from microsoft

Follow the instruction.

I payed with paypal

You don't have to install on the same computer that you are running this Wizard. Once the download is complete, it will give you the option to burn it to DVD or USB drive. So, you can do a clean install.

#2 Posted by MethodManFTW (25473 posts) -
woah, awesome
#3 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Pretty funny that you call it an upgrade!:lol:

Thanks but no thanks though...

#4 Posted by Bangerman15 (1976 posts) -
really? lol im gonna do this
#5 Posted by Bangerman15 (1976 posts) -
ok it worked for me, thanks man
#6 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5591 posts) -

I might do this aswell

#7 Posted by Bangerman15 (1976 posts) -
15 bucks for a quicker boot time and better gaming performance is definitely worth it
#8 Posted by Amster_G (4289 posts) -

As tempting as this is, there is nothing wrong with my Windows 7. I'm so accustomed to it. I'm not liking the new look of Windows 8 so I don't think I'll like the change. It's also just so new. I'd rather wait, but thanks for the instructions.

Also, can this be done on a clean, empty PC? As is, boot from the burned DVD and install 8?

#9 Posted by FelipeInside (25154 posts) -
Don't you have to put the WINDOWS 7 KEY to be able to receive the upgrade? I had to on mine.
#10 Posted by MethodManFTW (25473 posts) -
well that sucks.. got an error in billing but it still charged me. -.-
#11 Posted by AlexTracy (76 posts) -
I wonder if they can even stop people from doing this.
#12 Posted by Bangerman15 (1976 posts) -
its saying its not available for download in my region XD im in U.S.
#13 Posted by AlexTracy (76 posts) -
could you burn it to a portable hard drive non-usb flash drive?
#14 Posted by CassiusGaius (865 posts) -

I saw this on another forum and it is working for me. Win 8 is paid for and I am currently downloading. Will update when I'm actually posting from Win 8.

Edit: After two attempts I keep getting an error at the end of the install and it reverts back to Win 7. Getting a "failed to install windows 8" message. I'm guessing I'm getting some sort of profile / program / driver conflicts from the upgrade, will just try a clean install instead of upgrading tomorrow.

#15 Posted by Kinthalis (5270 posts) -

Can I performm a cleaninstall with this version of the upgrade?

#16 Posted by MonsieurX (29145 posts) -

Can I performm a cleaninstall with this version of the upgrade?

Kinthalis
Yep.
#17 Posted by Kinthalis (5270 posts) -

Awesome! I got two copies, one fo rmy HTPC,a nd on for my mian PC rig. Thanks for the heads up!

#18 Posted by id_mew (450 posts) -

Is it recommended that we put our reall information like name and birthday?

#19 Posted by gameofthering (10077 posts) -

Would you put in for "PC Model" ?

#20 Posted by Defilade (1 posts) -
Got everything up and running. It took 8 attempts to install the damn thing. IF you are getting a hanging black screen during the last portion of the installation, use a vga or hdmi output. There seems to be issues with DVI during installation, but everything seems to be working fine now.
#21 Posted by Bangerman15 (1976 posts) -
ok I got it to work, if u are using windows 8 preview I guess you have to set the compatibility for windows xp sp3, just a tip!
#22 Posted by Kinthalis (5270 posts) -

Worked for me! Payed the $30 (for two copies) and did a clean instlal on both machines. Worked flawlessly.

#23 Posted by id_mew (450 posts) -

for those of you who did a clean intall, did you prepare your system in any way?

or do you just put the DVD or USB restart and install from there?

currently I'm running Win 7 on n 80gig SSD and using a 1TB hardrive for storage.

Thanks.

#24 Posted by Kinthalis (5270 posts) -

Well, if you're doign a clena install, just be sure you have everything backed up and the serial number for windows 8 printed out or available on a tablet/other PC. But other than that, no. Just drop into the BIO, make sure you have the PC check for a bootable partition from the DVD drive first, then the hard drive and away you go.

#25 Posted by id_mew (450 posts) -

Well, if you're doign a clena install, just be sure you have everything backed up and the serial number for windows 8 printed out or available on a tablet/other PC. But other than that, no. Just drop into the BIO, make sure you have the PC check for a bootable partition from the DVD drive first, then the hard drive and away you go.

Kinthalis

Thanks alot, I'll give it it a go once I upgrade my 80gig SSD, looking in getting a 250GB one.

#26 Posted by Amster_G (4289 posts) -

I think I want to build another tower just to try this out haha.

#27 Posted by Store24 (1146 posts) -

I got the full retail version (non-upgrade/OEM) of Win8 Pro 32/64 at Staples for $69. Great deal.

#28 Posted by Amster_G (4289 posts) -

I got the full retail version (non-upgrade/OEM) of Win8 Pro 32/64 at Staples for $69. Great deal.

Store24

Awesome, but... $15 + tax.

#29 Posted by msfan1289 (1069 posts) -

if anyone wondering what to put on the PC make and model just go to newegg pick a PC and copy and paste the model number and say you bought it at best buy xD

#30 Posted by MonsieurX (29145 posts) -

Store24
Staples is selling the upgrade version at 69$,read the description ;)
#31 Posted by Franko_3 (5728 posts) -
Thanks you so much op! two win8 copy for me :)
#32 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (6028 posts) -

pretty useless, only worth it for touch screen devices

#33 Posted by Amster_G (4289 posts) -

blaznwiipspman1

Or to those who want to experience a whole new look and feel, not necessarily for the touch functionality.

Anyway, I successfully downloaded and burned my copy to a DVD but I haven't tried it out yet, simply because my current setup is perfectly stable and wouldn't want to redo everything. I also don't have another tower (yet) to try it on.

My question is: Does anyone think Microsoft may one day realize their mistake and disable these easy-access copies? Or will they just leave it be exactly because it was their mistake to make it so easily available?

#34 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -
Is windows 8 actually worth it for the PC gamer that would only use the original desktop interface? I turn my computer on and off every night/morning so I'd like to have it so I never see the "metro" interface and just boot straight to the classic windows 7 style desktop.
#35 Posted by Store24 (1146 posts) -
[QUOTE="Store24"]

MonsieurX
Staples is selling the upgrade version at 69$,read the description ;)

No its the full version. I already got it and installed it. i did not have Win 7, i did a clean install. Its the full version for $69 NOT just the upgrade version.
#36 Posted by Franko_3 (5728 posts) -
Not working anymore apparently. I can't get pass the payment option
#37 Posted by GamingVengeance (1838 posts) -
is that the 64 bit version
#38 Posted by FelipeInside (25154 posts) -

blaznwiipspman1
So the faster boot times, better memory management, better multi tasking performance and clean restore feature are just useless too...?
#39 Posted by paullywog (14149 posts) -
is that the 64 bit versionGamingVengeance
i think it upgrades to whichever version of windows you already have
#40 Posted by GamingVengeance (1838 posts) -
[QUOTE="GamingVengeance"]is that the 64 bit versionpaullywog

Can anyone confirm this, I'd hate to do this and end up getting the 32 bit version
#41 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -
$15? Whatever, worth the try. lol
#42 Posted by AlexTracy (76 posts) -

I only have the windows 8 free preview. Can I use this with the free preview key code?

#43 Posted by paullywog (14149 posts) -
[QUOTE="paullywog"][QUOTE="GamingVengeance"]is that the 64 bit versionGamingVengeance

Can anyone confirm this, I'd hate to do this and end up getting the 32 bit version

i ran the installer from windows 7 64 bit and i now have windows 8 64 bit installed. never saw an option to choose the version. as said before, DVI display didn't work for the installer. had to use my HDMI tv to install. also, do not update and install. install it first, THEN update. i got a weird error otherwise.
#44 Posted by GamingVengeance (1838 posts) -
k thx
#45 Posted by meforyou (1 posts) -
Thanks for the info.. I tried now but it asks for me for a Windows 7 product key.. What should I give there?
#46 Posted by AlexTracy (76 posts) -
Is it the OEM version? Can I uninstall it from the computer I'm going to put it on now and put it on my new one later?
#47 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -
Wow, one try and no problem with mine. I don't like it.... yet. I lol'd when I saw the only program it wasn't compatible with was MSE.
#48 Posted by HavocEbonlore (483 posts) -

Gonna just stick with 7...

#49 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -
What are the legal implications of this? What if they find out all of us didn't actually comps bought after june 2012....
#50 Posted by msfan1289 (1069 posts) -

What are the legal implications of this? What if they find out all of us didn't actually comps bought after june 2012....YoshiYogurt

didnt read the terms... BUT if they find out im sure they deactivate your win-8 key like when windows does when someone downloads a pirate copy of windows.

but then again how will they find out? all i can see is they deactivate the key or make you go back to win-7 . either case i have my copy of win-7 ready to go.