Mouse help/suggestions...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Hi guys,

I'm having abit of a problem lately with a sore palm/wrist on my mouse hand. I've tried numerous things to help my wrist but none have worked (I've tried stretches and wrist supports etc). But someone suggested to me today to try a different mouse... Maybe a bigger one because my wrist rests on my desk which isn't good I think. I currently use a Razer mouse which I've been happy with but is abit small.

So have you guys got any suggestions for a good comfortable mouse? I've been recommended a logitech one.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

A bigger mouse than a cheapo $5 would help, so your hands aren't always clawing on a small object but rather resting on a bigger one.

Learn to use your left hand or right (if you are a leftie).

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
I have the corsair M60 which is a nice, reasonably large size. Ignore the BS sniper button.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
Which Razer do you have? I know traditionally they are more suited to a palm grip than the claw grip style, you might try changing how you hold it so that the back of the mouse is touching your palm when you hold it, I know my Deathadder is especially suited to this grip style, and it'll be the same for the Mamba, haven't really tried any other Razer mice.

Ofcourse a gel wrist support would also help a bit, but you already said you tried this but it might be worth looking into other gel pads.

Turning the sensitivity up can help too so you don't have to move and reset the mouse as much. And my last suggestion would be to try to learn to keep your wrist steady and maybe try learning to move the mouse with just your fingers and maybe also your elbow for larger movements, this would take your wrist completely out of the equation, though this only works well with pretty high sensitivity.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

You could get a smoother/more comfortable mouse mat.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts
Which Razer do you have? I know traditionally they are more suited to a palm grip than the claw grip style, you might try changing how you hold it so that the back of the mouse is touching your palm when you hold it, I know my Deathadder is especially suited to this grip style, and it'll be the same for the Mamba, haven't really tried any other Razer mice.

Ofcourse a gel wrist support would also help a bit, but you already said you tried this but it might be worth looking into other gel pads.

Turning the sensitivity up can help too so you don't have to move and reset the mouse as much. And my last suggestion would be to try to learn to keep your wrist steady and maybe try learning to move the mouse with just your fingers and maybe also your elbow for larger movements, this would take your wrist completely out of the equation, though this only works well with pretty high sensitivity.General_X
Yeah I have a Deathadder as well, and up until now I've been really happy with it. I use a palm grip usually, maybe I'll try the claw one. Thanks for the tips guys.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts
[QUOTE="General_X"]Which Razer do you have? I know traditionally they are more suited to a palm grip than the claw grip style, you might try changing how you hold it so that the back of the mouse is touching your palm when you hold it, I know my Deathadder is especially suited to this grip style, and it'll be the same for the Mamba, haven't really tried any other Razer mice.

Turning the sensitivity up can help too so you don't have to move and reset the mouse as much. And my last suggestion would be to try to learn to keep your wrist steady and maybe try learning to move the mouse with just your fingers and maybe also your elbow for larger movements, this would take your wrist completely out of the equation, though this only works well with pretty high sensitivity.hrt_rulz01
Deathadder is designed for palm grip Yeah I have a Deathadder as well, and up until now I've been really happy with it. I use a palm grip usually, maybe I'll try the claw one. Thanks for the tips guys.