FRAUD - CORSAIR 750TX (750 watt PSU)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MxAa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MxAa
Member since 2005 • 906 Posts

Okay, so guys I have noticed something very odd on newegg. If you type in "Corsair 750tx" on the search box it comes up with two items. The one at the top is the 750 tx V2, and the one under it is the newer one (just 750 tx but apparently its the 3rd iteration so it should be called the V3). Anyways, I ordered the V2 because the V2 was manufactured by "SEASONIC" (make the best PSUs in the market). The PSU they sent me is the one with no V2 label (the one thats discounted 15 % off right now). This one is manufactured by "Chicony Power Technology" or aka "HiPro" and they make terrible PSUs. Anyways, I returned that one and the guy assured me on the phone I'd get the right product, and infact they sent me another of the same... I spoke to the supervisor and he claims corsair didn't tell them about this and there is nothing he can do but refund me in 2 weeks when my RMAs go back. Isn't this fraud? They are advertising a product that is a different MODEL NUMBER and selling you one that is way different. I've went the safe route now and ordered a straight up SeaSonic 750 watt gold. They won't even change the title to "750 tx" instead of "750 tx V2" and there are numerous comment complaints about this. My guess is that corsair discontinued the 750 tx V2 (made my sea sonic) and newegg is unaware?

overhead_drums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 overhead_drums
Member since 2010 • 338 Posts
I would worry more if it contained any horse meat... I think it is a bit weird, if it says the model number on the website the item you get should be the same.
MxAa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MxAa
Member since 2005 • 906 Posts

Nope it's not, in fact I called corsair and they said my psu is not the v2, and that they discontinued the item. So newegg is advertising a false product. They think the ones they sent me are "similar". The fact is that newegg doesn't know anything about whats in a PSU other than the brand labeled on the outside.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

i dont think a big company like new egg would try to trick people i guess its just an employee who mad a mistake some the model numbers. But you should try to see if you can get a refund or exchange for it.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

I see v2 and v2.3

msfan1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 msfan1289
Member since 2011 • 1044 Posts

its not fraud, humans can make mistakes you know.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Seasonic suck IMO

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts

Seasonic suck IMO

GTR12
What?? How so? From what I've read they're usually some of the absolute top rated PSUs...
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GTR12

[QUOTE="GTR12"]

Seasonic suck IMO

General_X

What?? How so? From what I've read they're usually some of the absolute top rated PSUs...

My friend said the exact same thing, he built his own PC and got a Seasonic 650 watt, didn't work at all (oh well, bad luck right?), exchanges it for another, works once (then hisss and shuts off, oh well 2 bad units, I'll try again), exchanges again, this time a 750 silver (DOA, I'm getting a little annoyed now...), a gold 850 this time (huzzah, it works, then 2 weeks in...hissss, pop). Thats 4 right now,

4 bad units, you can't get any unlickier right? another gold 850 (DOA, ok seriously, I like Seasonic, but wtf?), 6th unit is their platinum 1000 watt, its their highest rated unit and has got positive reviews everywhere (dies exactly 30 days in...really? again...)

7th unit, just got an Antec TP650, its fine ever since.

I will mention a positive about the Seasonic units though, they did not damage any other components, if it failed, it took out itself only.

hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts

[QUOTE="General_X"][QUOTE="GTR12"]

Seasonic suck IMO

GTR12

My friend said the exact same thing, he built his own PC and got a Seasonic 650 watt, didn't work at all (oh well, bad luck right?), exchanges it for another, works once (then hisss and shuts off, oh well 2 bad units, I'll try again), exchanges again, this time a 750 silver (DOA, I'm getting a little annoyed now...), a gold 850 this time (huzzah, it works, then 2 weeks in...hissss, pop). Thats 4 right now,

4 bad units, you can't get any unlickier right? another gold 850 (DOA, ok seriously, I like Seasonic, but wtf?), 6th unit is their platinum 1000 watt, its their highest rated unit and has got positive reviews everywhere (dies exactly 30 days in...really? again...)

I will mention a positive about the Seasonic units though, they did not damage any other components, if it failed, it took out itself only.

YEEP i have been running an Antec something (forget the model number) 650W for about 5 years now and the thing is absolutely rock SOLID. i dont know if they make their own power supplies or re brand them but i will probbly be using one in my next build.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

Just get a Seasonic branded PSU then. They're usually cheaper anyway.

Seasonic suck IMO

GTR12

lol this guy

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts

Seasonic suck IMO

GTR12

That almost sounds like a statistical improbability and/or user error. I don't even think the trash tier Sunbeam $20 PSU's could come with 6 faulty in a row.... And I don't think I've ever heard anything like that from any negative Newegg reviews for either Seasonic or Corsair (mostly rebranded Seasonic) units.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Seasonic suck IMO

GTR12

The plural of anecdote is not fact.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

Seasonic suck IMO

GTR12

you do realize the antec true power models are made by seasonic or chanell well
marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts

if it True Power New it a Seasonic : if it a Older True power model / model 2 it a Channel Well (CWT) And they where plaguged with RMA Issue however they changed since to Go to Seasonic & Delta And they have Great Lifespawn so far according statistic

while i heard Old Seasonic model ad issue most of new Seasonic unit since the past 5 Year have almost no issue there Legendary Reliablity according statistic but there still some bad batch that Pass Quality Test like all product

While Corsair TX V2 are Seasonic while Corsair TX Are CWT : it surprising but I heard some V2 TX have more issue then the CWT but Corsair as good RMA and will fix it and The V2 spec there superior made with higher grade material and higher energy Efficiency According Powersupply Review

And what more I heard From Hardware Secret XFX PRO 750 is the Exact Same Thing as TX 750 V2 It the Very Same unit an Seasonic Platform

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GTR12

[QUOTE="GTR12"]

General_X

That almost sounds like a statistical improbability and/or user error. I don't even think the trash tier Sunbeam $20 PSU's could come with 6 faulty in a row.... And I don't think I've ever heard anything like that from any negative Newegg reviews for either Seasonic or Corsair (mostly rebranded Seasonic) units.

From Australia, but I won't mind using another Seasonic cos it didn't take out any other components.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

5 yrz and still banging.

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#18 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts

Frankly Id be Surprised a Bronze Rated PSU of today even the cheap one ever Take out any of ur component iv ad cheap psu that die that where 78% energy Rating rated some POS 280W & 380W that died making a huge spark noise but not killing anything

+ all Seasonic HX Low Wattage are Seasonic which have a incredible Life spawn Warranty of 5 Year Yet It likely those psu last over Ten Year

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="GTR12"]

[QUOTE="General_X"]What?? How so? From what I've read they're usually some of the absolute top rated PSUs...General_X

I was going to say that having 6 busted PSU's normally points to either a user problem or the quality of power you are getting is not very good.