Can any one tell me what will be the PC requirement for GTA V????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dreamerdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 dreamerdonkey
Member since 2012 • 82 Posts

First of all, I am a hard core GTA series fan and I play each and every game of this series and thoroughly enjoy each of the game. But from my last time experience, when I start to play GTA IV, the game was awesome but the problem was it was really spec demanding game and for that reason it ruined my gameplay(my spec is not that descent). So when I hear the news about the release of new installment of this series I am start thinking to buy a new graphics card. Some of my friend recommend me to get the ati HD 7750 because my powersupply is not that descent. So should I get it or not. Please let me know your opinion about that. Any other recommendation will be highlyappreciable. By the way here is my rest of specification:

Processor : AMD phenomII X 4 (3.2Ghz)
RAM : 8GB
PSU : 350w
Samsung 17'' monitor with defaultresolution1024x768

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

We don't know because they haven't confirmed or released any info about a PC port.

I'm guessing that if you can play Max Payne 3 that you'll be able to play GTA5 though.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
Judging by how well GTA IV was optimized, you'll need to wait until the GTX 700 series and a processor that's not even invented yet just to run the game on medium.
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Judging by how well GTA IV was optimized, you'll need to wait until the GTX 700 series and a processor that's not even invented yet just to run the game on medium.UCF_Knight

lol

but on a serious note, it's hard to say for something that hasn't even come out yet. I would get a graphics card 7770 maybe, and a 550W PSU though.. I mean the PC release is gonna be a ways down the road anyway

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
That all depends on whether Rockstar f*cks us over or not.
dreamerdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dreamerdonkey

By the way I forget to mention one thing. My current graphics card is ati hd 5450 and I know it's a piece of S***. But even though I able to play Maxpayne 3 with out any lag at a descent setting. But I don't know why GTA IV which was almost 2 year older than MaxPayne 3 and my rig struggle to run that game. My piece of S*** graphics card may be the reason behind this but it was released on 2008 and I can say this piece of S*** graphics card can handle many game which was released that time.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChubbyGuy40

But I don't know why GTA IV which was almost 2 year older than MaxPayne 3 and my rig struggle to run that game.

dreamerdonkey

Max Payne 3 was a fantastic PC port. GTA4 was absolutely horrible and runs like sh*t for everyone.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

The a$$holes are still "considering" whether or not to make a PC version so let's just take things one slow step at a time. I have no doubt they will release it for the PC but judging by GTA 4 i have little faith it'll be a good port or optimized.

I don't know what Rockstar have against us PC gamers but whatever it is they better get off their high horse.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 couly
Member since 2004 • 6277 Posts
Although MP3 was a great port, I doubt they'll have the same level of graphics for an open world game like GTA
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Any quad core from intel of the 3rd generation or newer (there will probably be a new line of CPUs when or till the game launches), 4 gigs of RAM is standard on any PC these days and probably any mainstream card from 460GTX and upper will have no problem with it at maximum settings, if you give it 2 gigs of VRAM combined with Intel's 3rd gen quads the engine can't complain.

"The a$$holes are still "considering" whether or not to make a PC version so let's just take things one slow step at a time."

Nobody is considering anything, they'll release it, only question you can ask is "When?".

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

If you're using a 5450 you need a new GPU whether it's made well or not.

7750 or 7770 would do you well.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
PC port required. :P
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Max Payne 3 ran really smooth.
GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts

Any quad core from intel of the 3rd generation or newer (there will probably be a new line of CPUs when or till the game launches), 4 gigs of RAM is standard on any PC these days and probably any mainstream card from 460GTX and upper will have no problem with it at maximum settings, if you give it 2 gigs of VRAM combined with Intel's 3rd gen quads the engine can't complain.

"The a$$holes are still "considering" whether or not to make a PC version so let's just take things one slow step at a time."

Nobody is considering anything, they'll release it, only question you can ask is "When?".

DanielDust
My guess is 3 months after the console release.
Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

No requirements are released yet, but I think it's safe to say that you will need a very strong CPU to max it. A city that huge and detailed, with so many NPCs and traffic are bound to be CPU heavy.

Don't take Max Payne 3 as an indication. Open world sandbox games are much harder to run.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

We shall find out whether or not they decide to port the game to the PC. :P

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

You'll need this to run it on MEDIUM (Minimum Requirements)

ddd

dreamerdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dreamerdonkey

I watch a trailer today. That is officially released by rockstar and and the end its show that it will release on Spring 2013

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside

I watch a trailer today. That is officially released by rockstar and and the end its show that it will release on Spring 2013

dreamerdonkey
Thank you for that "nothing to do with the topic" information.
dreamerdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dreamerdonkey

By the way one more thing to ask, If I purchase HD 7750 then should I need to purchase a new PSU. My current PSU is not that good and its only 350watt.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

By the way one more thing to ask, If I purchase HD 7750 then should I need to purchase a new PSU. My current PSU is not that good and its only 350watt.

dreamerdonkey
Yes, you will need a new PSU and make sure it has the correct plugs for the video card.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

DanielDust

I agree but i'm just going by what the company have said, and this is a direct quote from Rockstar in an article PC Gamer went over:

GTA 5: PC version merely up for consideration says Rockstars Dan Houser

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/19/gta-5-pc-version-merely-up-for-consideration-says-rockstars-dan-houser/

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts
[QUOTE="dreamerdonkey"]

FelipeInside
Yes, you will need a new PSU and make sure it has the correct plugs for the video card.

Maybe not, 7750 uses very little power
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="dreamerdonkey"]

kraken2109

Maybe not, 7750 uses very little power

True. But 350W is stretching your luck. :P
dreamerdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dreamerdonkey

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

BattleSpectre

I agree but i'm just going by what the company have said, and this is a direct quote from Rockstar in an article PC Gamer went over:

GTA 5: PC version merely up for consideration says Rockstars Dan Houser

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/19/gta-5-pc-version-merely-up-for-consideration-says-rockstars-dan-houser/

No PC version ! I am going to loose my consciousness.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ChubbyGuy40

No PC version ! I am going to loose my consciousness.dreamerdonkey

It will come. PS3 and 360 are their main moneymakers, so of course it's going to be focused on making it to those platforms first. PC will come later.

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts

Based on the optimisation; anywhere from a Core2Quad, to a skylake series CPU that will come after 2 years. Similar case for GPU, though I am guessing the game still won't be optimised, just like GTA IV.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
Judging by how well GTA IV was optimizedUCF_Knight
your kidding right? that game was horribly optimized and the most unoptimized game from Rockstar to date, there are still people having problems getting the game to run on their PC's even till this day.
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]Judging by how well GTA IV was optimizedProjectPat187
your kidding right? that game was horribly optimized and the most unoptimized game from Rockstar to date, there are still people having problems getting the game to run on their PC's even till this day.

Were you not able to read the rest of the post, or were you just not able to comprehend it?
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
The did a brilliant job with the MP3 port. I know its difficult to compare a linear game with an open world game but it gives me faith. It is being released on 8 year old hardware at the end of the day. As long as its optimized Im sure it'll run at least as good as on the consoles.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts
The did a brilliant job with the MP3 port. I know its difficult to compare a linear game with an open world game but it gives me faith. It is being released on 8 year old hardware at the end of the day. As long as its optimized Im sure it'll run at least as good as on the consoles.bonafidetk
Yeah true, I was very impressed with MP3... But then I think back to GTA 4 and what a disaster that was on PC.
TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts

How much exactly is GTA5 a leap compared to GTA4? I only saw a couple screenshots as well as an early teaser trailer that was shown a while ago. From what I can tell, it doesn't look too much better.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

How much exactly is GTA5 a leap compared to GTA4? I only saw a couple screenshots as well as an early teaser trailer that was shown a while ago. From what I can tell, it doesn't look too much better.

TheFatPerson
It's the exact same engine with some minor improvements, the most visible change is reflections.