ZombieVirolina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ZombieVirolina
Member since 2013 • 861 Posts

I look up a lot of gameplay videos on YouTube and invariably I get Pewdiepie suggestions on my main feed. I click the option window showing I'm not interested every time. However, when I did it today, it says "not interested" and "unsubscribe". I never subscribed to Pewdiepie in the first place and the option is not under any of my other suggestions to watch. I wonder if he'd be the "most subscribed user" if he wasn't sponsored by the site.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@ZombieVirolina: probably not, I don't see what makes him better than others who do the same thing.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@ZombieVirolina said:

I look up a lot of gameplay videos on YouTube and invariably I get Pewdiepie suggestions on my main feed. I click the option window showing I'm not interested every time. However, when I did it today, it says "not interested" and "unsubscribe". I never subscribed to Pewdiepie in the first place and the option is not under any of my other suggestions to watch. I wonder if he'd be the "most subscribed user" if he wasn't sponsored by the site.

I'm not sure about that, but I notice lots of Youtube funkiness , faked views, faked subscribers, etc.

ZombieVirolina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZombieVirolina

@thehig1: His first year, he did have his moments with Amnesia, Nosferatu, and Ao Oni, but a lot of people out there do his schtick better than he does. And automatically subscribing me to his channel isn't going to make me change my mind all of a sudden.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

I watched a minute of Pewdiepie and I was like "Nope" and never watched him again.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@Storm_Marine said:

I watched a minute of Pewdiepie and I was like "Nope" and never watched him again.

the only thing i ever watched from him was his last playthrough of the ending of The Last of Us, only because i was watching a bunch of youtube people reactions to the game's ending.

I never understood why people like watching what appears to be a homosexual feeble guy making dumb girly comments while he plays.

On topic, I've noticed that before, Youtube shoving shit on my feed and constantly putting up things i've already said to never show again.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised. Google has gone batshit crazy in recent years and it seems to me that the acquisition of YouTube, the spread of Android and the coming into being of shitty Google+ were the conduit of it. I went from being a Google fanboy to not standing the sight of it. Gmail and Google remain great though I'll give the tech-monkeys at Google that much. Hopefully they won't screw either up. You'd have to be a real imbecile to screw up a successful search engine anyway.

Funny thing is, they resort to such sketchy conduct to increase the widespread of their products and generate traffic and attract users. Ever since YouTube started to require a Google+ account to use the vast majority of the functionalities available there, I stopped using it as much as I used to. Not because I actively set out to achieve that; its just that I don't have a Google+ and I don't want one. As a result, using YouTube started to become a hassle and a real pain in the ass and I can't make use of the features available there. Google should have swallowed its pride and abandoned Google+ when it proved itself to be a flop instead of sustaining it by shoving it down YouTube users' throats.

Back to topic, yes TC that happens to me too. I would often get suggestions of channels I supposedly follow even though I never hit that subscribe button. They never seem to end too.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

dunno...youtube is banned here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#9 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Haven't had that happen to me yet.

ZombieVirolina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ZombieVirolina

@Nengo_Flow: Youtube shoving shit on my feed and constantly putting up things i've already said to never show again.

And with that...his garbage has started to show up on my feed YET AGAIN.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Why the hell was this bumped? Youtube does not auto-subscribe. You are probably seeing the "What to Watch" tab on the home screen - recommendations based on other channels you watch. Try switching it to "My Subscriptions" and move. Da. ****. On.

ZombieVirolina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZombieVirolina

@SaintLeonidas:

Bumped because I didn't want to start an identical topic? Yeah...andgrowup

Are you a Google employee? Because I never subscribed to him, but when I right clicked on the boxes to say "not interested", I got an extra option saying "unsubscribe".

I'm sure next you're going to tell me that Google doesn't try to make you use your real name online.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@top_lel said:

dunno...youtube is banned here.

Did you try using a VPN? That's how I watched YouTube in Afghanistan right after that Innocence of Muslims video came out.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

never happened to me but youtube has been acting funny the last 2 days for me.