You can bring one TV series back

• 185 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

The risk is it that, like so many series that have come back from the dead, it may beat your inner child to death. It could, of course, be one of those rare gems that picks right back up like it was never put down.

So which series would you resurrect?

Star Trek: TNG would be my choice if the actors weren't so ripe, so I'm going to have to go instead with Animaniacs. Pinky and the Brain, the Goodfeathers, I mean come on.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
Terriers.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
FireFly will probably be among the top answers. Im also going to add Reaper because it had a terrible cliff hanger and was a really fun show.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#4 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

Manimal.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Heroes (with SAME CAST)
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Invader zim

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

brimstone-show.jpg

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
Firefly simply because the cast isn't that much older than they were when the movie came out. My first choice would be Sliders but the show has been gone for almost 15 years. Married With Children would be a close second if not for the same reason as Sliders.
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

Invader Zim. That show was cancelled far too soon. 

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside

d

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kurushio
Firefly simply because the cast isn't that much older than they were when the movie came out. My first choice would be Sliders but the show has been gone for almost 15 years. Married With Children would be a close second if not for the same reason as Sliders.ad1x2
Firefly was over 10yrs ago and the movie nearly that much. Plus the movie killed off major characters which, although they could go on with that, it would certainly not be the same show without them. Stargate Universe would be nice since that never got any kind of ending and even Atlantis could use a movie to finish off the story. Of course SyFy is now more into wrestling and ghost shows than any decent scripted programing anymore.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="ad1x2"]Firefly simply because the cast isn't that much older than they were when the movie came out. My first choice would be Sliders but the show has been gone for almost 15 years. Married With Children would be a close second if not for the same reason as Sliders.Kurushio
Firefly was over 10yrs ago and the movie nearly that much. Plus the movie killed off major characters which, although they could go on with that, it would certainly not be the same show without them. Stargate Universe would be nice since that never got any kind of ending and even Atlantis could use a movie to finish off the story. Of course SyFy is now more into wrestling and ghost shows than any decent scripted programing anymore.

Check out DEFIANCE, awesome pilot.

The game is good fun too.

Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
Heroes (with SAME CAST)campzor
This. At season 1 level of quality
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Firefly or Stargate Atlantis, either of those would be great.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

I'm going to have to go instead with Animaniacs. Pinky and the Brain, the Goodfeathers, I mean come on.

br0kenrabbit

I'd rather have a new series with the same creative team behind those shows.

DharmaMember77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DharmaMember77
Member since 2010 • 2377 Posts

Community with Dan Harmon

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kurushio

[QUOTE="Kurushio"][QUOTE="ad1x2"]Firefly simply because the cast isn't that much older than they were when the movie came out. My first choice would be Sliders but the show has been gone for almost 15 years. Married With Children would be a close second if not for the same reason as Sliders.FelipeInside

And wait for them to cancel it without any resolution at best after 2 seasons. Im kinda at the point now that i usually will wait for a series to be put on Netflix streaming before watching it. I'm just now watching Fringe and it was only when they put Supernatural on there did i watch it and become a fan.
The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

Firefly or Stargate Atlantis, either of those would be great. ferrari2001

This, x 1000^13.5

Though I myself would give Atlantis slightly higher priority, seeing as how it ended on what amounted to a cliffhanger (and I hate being left hanging). At least Firefly had things wrapped up, more or less.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Kurushio"] Firefly was over 10yrs ago and the movie nearly that much. Plus the movie killed off major characters which, although they could go on with that, it would certainly not be the same show without them. Stargate Universe would be nice since that never got any kind of ending and even Atlantis could use a movie to finish off the story. Of course SyFy is now more into wrestling and ghost shows than any decent scripted programing anymore.Kurushio

And wait for them to cancel it without any resolution at best after 2 seasons. Im kinda at the point now that i usually will wait for a series to be put on Netflix streaming before watching it. I'm just now watching Fringe and it was only when they put Supernatural on there did i watch it and become a fan.

They have the whole first season filmed and approved. They also have the second season approved I believe. And anyway, why do people put so much importance in the future. Even if a show lasts only 1-2 seasons, if you enjoy it then it's time well spent. A show doesn't have to go for 10 seasons to be good. I just like the idea of a game interweaving with a TV Show personally.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Ed Edd N Eddy

I also would enjoy some more Fringe.

LordShockTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LordShockTitan
Member since 2013 • 218 Posts

FireFlyKurushio

I agree with this. Very good show.

Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts
I'd bring back yr mom for like eight seasons
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
And anyway, why do people put so much importance in the future. Even if a show lasts only 1-2 seasons, if you enjoy it then it's time well spent. FelipeInside
The main issue a lot of us have isn't so much as the series being short but it being left with an unresolved cliffhanger. The Terminator TV series, the V remake, FlashForward, Sliders, and more are examples of TV shows being canceled with a major cliffhanger in its final episode. At least with Firefly they got the chance to tie up some loose ends with the Serenity movie. If the final episode has some type of resolution in it i could care less if it is only one or two seasons.
Chemistian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Chemistian
Member since 2003 • 635 Posts
Carnivale (HBO). From what I read, it was supposed to be six seasons. I would like to have seen that one all the way through.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

The risk is it that, like so many series that have come back from the dead, it may beat your inner child to death. It could, of course, be one of those rare gems that picks right back up like it was never put down.

So which series would you resurrect?

Star Trek: TNG would be my choice if the actors weren't so ripe, so I'm going to have to go instead with Animaniacs. Pinky and the Brain, the Goodfeathers, I mean come on.

br0kenrabbit

Would not resurrect TNG even if the actors were in their prime.  It had a great run, it went out without wearing out its welcome, and it spawned some pretty decent movies as far as Trek flics go.  It's one of the few shows that I can look back on nostaligically without thinking about how it nosedived at the end.  If I had to resurrect a Trek show it would be either Voyager or Enterprise.  Voyager because I actually liked it and think it had potential to go even longer, not to mention I think they completely botched the ending and would like to see a decently written ending, and Enterprise because I think it had potential but was horribly, horribly bungled.

If I only get one, though, it'd be Firefly.  Plenty of candidates high up on this list-TSCC, Community, Stargate Atlantis, hell, even a few most people would disagrre with-but Firefly is by far the best out of all of those.

Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts
yr dad can stay cancelled IMHO
VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

FurTv. :)

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

Would of liked Fringe to go on another couple of seasons

Would've liked Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles to come back or Terra Nova. but my first choice would easly be Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 theone86

d

FelipeInside

Does the fact that they've been making movies almost nonstop since the show was cancelled figure into this decision?  Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but IMO they should really just wrap up a lot of the big mysteries in one of these movies and finish the show, or at least start to wrap them up.  It had a good run, but I think there's only so long you can play one story out.

GeForce2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GeForce2187
Member since 2006 • 2963 Posts
How about The Magic School Bus or Bill Nye The Science Guy? I feel like there's no quality kid's educational programming these days, but I don't exactly keep up.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 theone86

Though I myself would give Atlantis slightly higher priority, seeing as how it ended on what amounted to a cliffhanger (and I hate being left hanging). At least Firefly had things wrapped up, more or less.

The__Kraken

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but...

[spoiler] didn't the last season end with Atlantis being piloted into San Francisco and the biggest threat to Atlantis/Earth basically getting destroyed?  That doesn't seem like the biggest cliffhanger to me.  Sure, there's more material, but it's not like they're sitting in a ship on the other side of the galaxy and they just picked up a reading that could uncover the origin of the universe. [/spoiler]

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

d

theone86

Does the fact that they've been making movies almost nonstop since the show was cancelled figure into this decision?  Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but IMO they should really just wrap up a lot of the big mysteries in one of these movies and finish the show, or at least start to wrap them up.  It had a good run, but I think there's only so long you can play one story out.

Making movies non-stop??? They made 2 movies....with something like 8 years in-between?
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 theone86

Firefly was over 10yrs ago and the movie nearly that much. Plus the movie killed off major characters which, although they could go on with that, it would certainly not be the same show without them. Stargate Universe would be nice since that never got any kind of ending and even Atlantis could use a movie to finish off the story. Of course SyFy is now more into wrestling and ghost shows than any decent scripted programing anymore.Kurushio

I actually enjoyed SGU a lot, would definitely like to see that get picked up again, just not as much as Firefly.  Sure, Wash was one of the best characters and he's gone, plus they pretty much wrapped up the whole reaver (reaper?) storyline, but I think it still has potential.  Mal is really the heart of that show, and Jayne's still alive to boot.

And wait for them to cancel it without any resolution at best after 2 seasons. Im kinda at the point now that i usually will wait for a series to be put on Netflix streaming before watching it. I'm just now watching Fringe and it was only when they put Supernatural on there did i watch it and become a fan.Kurushio

I'd reccomend Arrow, not only because it's a good show (way better than Smallville IMO) but also because you can stream it free on CW.com and Hulu I believe.  Granted, CW's player sucks and it's the only place you can see the episodes the day after they air, but still.

Would of liked Fringe to go on another couple of seasons

Would've liked Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles to come back or Terra Nova. but my first choice would easly be Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

-Vulpix-

I also enjoyed Terra Nova.  It didn't have the depth of writing that something like TNG had, but it was still fun sci-fi.  It was like Jurassic Park meets Terminator with some post-apocalyptic stuff thrown in.  That's what I hate about modern sci-fi, if it doesn't get 100 million viewers each week it gets cancelled so nothing that's just alright but still enjoyable ever sticks.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

Three's Company.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

d

FelipeInside

Making movies non-stop??? They made 2 movies....with something like 8 years in-between?

Eh, I guess I'm just having trouble seeing a series that ran for nine seasons and spawned two movies as being cut short.  I liked it while it lasted, but by the end I was thinking that there were only so many urban myth wells that they could tap before it started to go downhill.  That, and like I said the big questions never seemed to get answered.  They were really just there for the first and last episodes of each season and never got any closure, although apparently they're making a third movie that will actually give some closure.

The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but...

[spoiler] didn't the last season end with Atlantis being piloted into San Francisco and the biggest threat to Atlantis/Earth basically getting destroyed? That doesn't seem like the biggest cliffhanger to me. Sure, there's more material, but it's not like they're sitting in a ship on the other side of the galaxy and they just picked up a reading that could uncover the origin of the universe. [/spoiler]

theone86

It is not a huge cliffhanger, sure. But, still a cliffhanger (regardless of "size") is a terrible way to end a show.

The end left with a big "Aaaaannnnnndddd......" like if you were wrapping up telling a story: "We did all this cool stuff, saved the galaxy and...." The last thing you said was "and," which was said in a way that sounded like you had something significant to say, something integral to the story... but you never said it.

It leaves you with a big "AND WHAT!?" "You did all that cool stuff, saved the galaxy Aaannnndddd..... WHAT!?" Atlantis never got to expand upon the "AND." Which is bad, especially when you become invested in the story and characters.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

Eh, I guess I'm just having trouble seeing a series that ran for nine seasons and spawned two movies as being cut short.  I liked it while it lasted, but by the end I was thinking that there were only so many urban myth wells that they could tap before it started to go downhill.  That, and like I said the big questions never seemed to get answered.  They were really just there for the first and last episodes of each season and never got any closure, although apparently they're making a third movie that will actually give some closure.

I never said it was cut short.... just would like it to be on TV again.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

How about The Magic School Bus or Bill Nye The Science Guy? I feel like there's no quality kid's educational programming these days, but I don't exactly keep up.GeForce2187

My nephews are found of Qubo channel. The Mysteries of Alfred Hedgehog is one series on the channel they love that was cut off after the first season, but hell they show the reruns 4 times a day.

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#39 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts
DBZ
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Like everyone else said, Firefly. 

Shadow4020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Shadow4020
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts

Twin Peaks

I really want a continuation, the "ending" sucked

Kats_RK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kats_RK
Member since 2010 • 2080 Posts

DBZ.

Kemonojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kemonojin
Member since 2013 • 48 Posts
I would choose "Alf", because it's so funny, and heartwarming sometimes.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#44 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Manimal.

THE_DRUGGIE

love that series

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#46 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Home Movies I guess.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
None. If there is a series I liked....and there has been a few....bringing it back would probably tarnish it for me.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#48 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Ed Edd N Eddy

I also would enjoy some more Fringe.

konvikt_17