Would you die for your country, if it was under attack?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Vilot_Hero
Member since 2008 • 4522 Posts

If your country was under attack, would you die fighting??? Or would you move out of the country and seek refuge in another country? I would die fighting for my country no matter what.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts
Australia? Poor economy, poor natural resources, in the middle of a 1 in a 1000 year drought... Why exactly would people be invading? What exactly would I be defending?
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
Australia? Poor economy, poor natural resources, in the middle of a 1 in a 1000 year drought... Why exactly would people be invading? What exactly would I be defending?DigitalExile
Cool accents.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
No,not really.
Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vilot_Hero
You would let your country be taken over??? Whatever suits you.
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
hell no. id just leave
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lto_thaG
You would let your country be taken over??? Whatever suits you.Vilot_Hero
Yea,my participation in the war could definitely turn the tide :roll:
ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ownage_denied
Member since 2008 • 871 Posts
I'd fight and win without dying :D.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#10 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
If I felt like I was dying for something yes I'd fight for Canada though I wouldn't intend of dying.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
I'd personally try to be emotional and spiritual support for other soldiers (think chaplain). I'd fight alongside them regardless of whether or not I was in that position.
Siofen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Siofen
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts
My kingdom is not of this world so no, I would not die fighting for this country.
en-z-io

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 en-z-io
Member since 2004 • 3390 Posts
I'd help the war effort, but I wouldn't actually die for my country. I'd probably end up moving to Europe.
Severed_Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Severed_Hand
Member since 2007 • 3402 Posts
As the very last option, yes i would.
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MoonMarvel
Member since 2008 • 8249 Posts
NO! I will never defend my country ever. I don't even like this country anymore and want to leave ASAP!
Singularity22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Singularity22
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts
If my country was under attack, no I wouldnt die for my country. I would make the other poor, dumb bastard die for his.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mindstorm
My kingdom is not of this world so no, I would not die fighting for this country. Siofen
My kingdom is also not of this world but that does not mean I'm not living in this one. o.0
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts
Australia? Poor economy, poor natural resources, in the middle of a 1 in a 1000 year drought... Why exactly would people be invading? What exactly would I be defending?DigitalExile
aw come on! its not that bad. *looks outside in the blistering heat* ok your right. i would Die for my country though Violet!
TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts

If I deemed it a just cause, sure.

But I'd try and snag up a medic position, first.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
No, I love Canada, but I don't love it enough to die for it.
Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vilot_Hero

[QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"]You would let your country be taken over??? Whatever suits you.Lto_thaG

Every soldier in the battlefield helps.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
That would depend on the circumstances.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
NO! I will never defend my country ever. I don't even like this country anymore and want to leave ASAP!MoonMarvel
Is it because of Obama? That's a poor attitude to have. I'd still take a bullet for him or for the USA if I had to.
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FalcoLX
Member since 2007 • 4452 Posts
Depends on why we were fighting. If we did something stupid, I'd leave.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"]You would let your country be taken over??? Whatever suits you.Vilot_Hero

Not really. A soldier could die at any moment out on the field before they get a chance to do anything significant.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#26 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
If it meant saving innocent lives, that's a risk I'd have to take soldier.
Singularity22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Singularity22
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts

[QUOTE="MoonMarvel"]NO! I will never defend my country ever. I don't even like this country anymore and want to leave ASAP!fidosim
Is it because of Obama? That's a poor attitude to have. I'd still take a bullet for him or for the USA if I had to.

Id fight for my country, but I would never take a bullet for him. He isnt the United States, he SERVES America.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lto_thaG
[QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"]

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"] Yea,my participation in the war could definitely turn the tide :roll:Shad0ki11

Not really. A soldier could die at any moment out on the field before they get a chance to do anything significant.

Indeed.
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MoonMarvel
[QUOTE="MoonMarvel"]NO! I will never defend my country ever. I don't even like this country anymore and want to leave ASAP!fidosim

Why waste your life? What reason to you even think that america even deserves it? What has it done to ever have earned the honor to expect its people to die for it? And don't give me that! Liberals would cry the same if McCain won so save it.
Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
No...I live in the USA. I would let it be taken over and move somewhere else.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mindstorm

[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="MoonMarvel"]NO! I will never defend my country ever. I don't even like this country anymore and want to leave ASAP!Singularity22

Id fight for my country, but I would never take a bullet for him. He isnt the United States, he SERVES America.

I can't stand the guy and do not like his views... but I'd still fight for him regardless.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
Um. Maybe. I'd be more likely to take a bullet and die for a loved one than for the country. I'd be much more useful alive to my country.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fidosim
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"][QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"]

Yea,my participation in the war could definitely turn the tide :roll:Lto_thaG

But whatever killed him didn't kill someone else, who can go on to do something significant.
Siofen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Siofen
[QUOTE="Siofen"]My kingdom is not of this world so no, I would not die fighting for this country. mindstorm
My kingdom is also not of this world but that does not mean I'm not living in this one. o.0

Hehe, well I could understand if you had family that could not opt up and leave. But given the circumstances, if you could take all your friends and family for new shores, somewhere not effected by the carnage, would you not prefer that then to stand and fight thereby risk loosing half of them?
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MoonMarvel
No...I live in the USA. I would let it be taken over and move somewhere else.Bloodbath_87
Me too buddy! There is nothing the USA has to offer I couldn't get somewhere else. In fact some nations offer more than the USA....Health Care anyone?
Siofen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Siofen
[QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"]

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"] Yea,my participation in the war could definitely turn the tide :roll:Shad0ki11

If it's not one soldier that's going to take the snipers bullet, it will be another, Every bit helps in war.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="Siofen"]My kingdom is not of this world so no, I would not die fighting for this country. Siofen

Hehe, well I could understand if you had family that could not opt up and leave. But given the circumstances, if you could take all your friends and family for new shores, somewhere not effected by the carnage, would you not prefer that then to stand and fight thereby risk loosing half of them?

It would be their choice. If they wanted to leave I'd help them whatever if could. If they wanted to fight I'd be more than willing to do that too. Btw, I'm sure the males would fight.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 fidosim
[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="MoonMarvel"]NO! I will never defend my country ever. I don't even like this country anymore and want to leave ASAP!MoonMarvel

Why waste your life? What reason to you even think that america even deserves it? What has it done to ever have earned the honor to expect its people to die for it? And don't give me that! Liberals would cry the same if McCain won so save it.

It's given me life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It's given me education, opportunity and prosperity. If people receive from their country without being willing to make sacrifices for it, there's no way it can survive. That's why I don't get how people can try to flee the country or claim some disqualifying condition when there's a draft. Sometimes you have to be there for the country that's there for you. I wouldn't be thrilled about the idea of being conscripted into war, in fact i'd probably be scared out of my mind, but i'd do it anyway because I owe a debt to this country. I would also give my life for the president simply because his death would have a much larger negative impact on the country than mine would,as much as I disagree with him.
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MoonMarvel
[QUOTE="MoonMarvel"][QUOTE="fidosim"] Is it because of Obama? That's a poor attitude to have. I'd still take a bullet for him or for the USA if I had to.fidosim

claim It's given me life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It's given me education, opportunity and prosperity. If people receive from their country without being willing to make sacrifices for it, there's no way it can survive. That's why I don't get how people can try to flee the country or claim some disqualifying condition when there's a draft. Sometimes you have to be there for the country that's there for you. I wouldn't be thrilled about the idea of being conscripted into war, in fact i'd probably be scared out of my mind, but i'd do it anyway because I owe a debt to this country. I would also give my life for the president simply because his death would have a much larger negative impact on the country than mine would,as much as I disagree with him.

Life and Liberty? HA! You can get that anywhere and some countries such as Canada give more Liberty than the USA and better education and health care. In fact you have mor economic freedom in Hong Knong than America. So no, there is nothing I can get here that I couldn't get more of elsewhere. Now, I could go on and on about the liberty this nation has stolen from others and denied its own people....How long did Blacks have to fight to get just one right? How many people are still being denied their rights because of some stupid thing? How many gays gets beaten just for being gay And I don't owe america anything, in fact its denied me more than its given me. Larger negative impact? This country would survive, it did after JFK. I don't want Obama dead, I don't hate him that much but the country would survive if he did. And he has a SS, so he doesn't need us.
uberbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 uberbra
Member since 2004 • 1827 Posts

would i die for my country?

no

would i be the guy to impregenate all the widowed wives/girlfriends to create the next generation of cannon fodder?

hell yes

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 fidosim
[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="MoonMarvel"] Why waste your life? What reason to you even think that america even deserves it? What has it done to ever have earned the honor to expect its people to die for it? And don't give me that! Liberals would cry the same if McCain won so save it.MoonMarvel
claim It's given me life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It's given me education, opportunity and prosperity. If people receive from their country without being willing to make sacrifices for it, there's no way it can survive. That's why I don't get how people can try to flee the country or claim some disqualifying condition when there's a draft. Sometimes you have to be there for the country that's there for you. I wouldn't be thrilled about the idea of being conscripted into war, in fact i'd probably be scared out of my mind, but i'd do it anyway because I owe a debt to this country. I would also give my life for the president simply because his death would have a much larger negative impact on the country than mine would,as much as I disagree with him.

Life and Liberty? HA! You can get that anywhere and some countries such as Canada give more Liberty than the USA and better education and health care. In fact you have mor economic freedom in Hong Knong than America. So no, there is nothing I can get here that I couldn't get more of elsewhere. Now, I could go on and on about the liberty this nation has stolen from others and denied its own people....How long did Blacks have to fight to get just one right? How many people are still being denied their rights because of some stupid thing? How many gays gets beaten just for being gay And I don't owe america anything, in fact its denied me more than its given me. Larger negative impact? This country would survive, it did after JFK. I don't want Obama dead, I don't hate him that much but the country would survive if he did. And he has a SS, so he doesn't need us.

Any country can look great and without any issues when you don't live there. America has worked through a lot of problems, like all countries have, and even though we haven't gotten it right all the time, we've still worked toward the ideals that our country was founded on. I like those ideals and i'm willing to fight to get closer to truly achieving them. I like the American system, I like the American culture of independence, self-sufficiency and ambition. If you want to move to another country, that's fine, but why receive and not give? This country is among the most prosperous and has one of the highest quality of life ratings in the world, and the other countries that are high on those lists have largely based their governmental and economic structures on the US/British model.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Hmm... No.
Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts
Yes defiantly, Rule Britannia!!
Dave_Bonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dave_Bonds
Member since 2009 • 300 Posts

I am against all forms of war. I refuse to participate in anything of the like, regardless of justification, because to me, there is none. Simply on the notion that there is always another solution that is being disgustingly overlooked and neglected.

Something to think about-

Dying for anything is a lost cause. Think of it like suicide. No matter what insinuation your brain is put through to justify it, it is entirely possible for you to lead a different life, happily, if you don't like your current circumstances. And if the only thing keeping you from doing just that is in your head, what kind of logic could possibly make sense of wanting to go through with it?

This is all aside from the obvious factors (not being around to witness any results of your actions, to name one), among other things.

I wouldn't willingly kill myself for anything, because weather or not we think our actions make any sense, we're all just a series of molecules, forged in the sun, existing as is. Anything above and beyond that is just conceptual. This means that any man-conceived problems are a complete virtue. It's all BS. We could live like primates tomorrow and in the grand scheme of things, it wouldn't make any difference. And even if it did, it would likely be beneficial for other life forms.

I wouldn't die to save a life, but I guess I have a different grasp on what should and shouldn't matter. In my opinion, there are no such things as right and wrong, socially. It's just a matter of what is acceptable and unacceptable to others. In fact, killing is a perfect example of that. Kill or be killed and it seems perfectly justified, even though the entire situation is a disgrace.

optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts
I would defend, I am very stubborn and would not stand for anyone invading my New Zealand.
optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts

I am against all forms of war. I refuse to participate in anything of the like, regardless of justification, because to me, there is none. Simply on the notion that there is always another solution that is being disgustingly overlooked and neglected.

Something to think about-

Dying for anything is a lost cause. Think of it like suicide. No matter what insinuation your brain is put through to justify it, it is entirely possible for you to lead a different life, happily, if you don't like your current circumstances. And if the only thing keeping you from doing just that is in your head, what kind of logic could possibly make sense of wanting to go through with it?

This is all aside from the obvious factors (not being around to witness any results of your actions, to name one), among other things.

I wouldn't willingly kill myself for anything, because weather or not we think our actions make any sense, we're all just a series of molecules, forged in the sun, existing as is. Anything above and beyond that is just conceptual. This means that any man-conceived problems are a complete virtue. It's all BS. We could live like primates tomorrow and in the grand scheme of things, it wouldn't make any difference. And even if it did, it would likely be beneficial for other life forms.

I wouldn't die to save a life, but I guess I have a different grasp on what should and shouldn't matter. In my opinion, there are no such things as right and wrong, socially. It's just a matter of what is acceptable and unacceptable to others. In fact, killing is a perfect example of that. Kill or be killed and it seems perfectly justified, even though the entire situation is a disgrace.

Dave_Bonds
Hmm...I respectfully dissagree. Kill or be killed is perfectly justified, in some situations it IS either kill or be killed.
noswear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 noswear
Member since 2008 • 3263 Posts

If your country was under attack, would you die fighting??? Or would you move out of the country and seek refuge in another country? I would die fighting for my country no matter what.

Vilot_Hero
Don't worry, no-one cares about Canada enough to attack it.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
my country has done nothing for me. so i would move to Iran with my relatives.. if Iran is attacking.. id see who is winning and stay in that country .. to quote Dave Mustaine " Dont ask what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you"