Would you date someone who had kids (and you had none)?

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nicksonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 nicksonman
Member since 2009 • 1221 Posts

Personally, I wouldn't, but that's just me.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Yeah, I have. I wouldn't have even minded the kids so much, but then you've got the ex-husband always coming around and screwing with her emotions and as soon as he sees she's got a new boyfriend of course he does everything possible to screw that up, since he's got the right to stop by every weekend and get the kids and talk to her.

I dated another girl who had a kid too, but her kid was totally out of control due to no discipline whatsoever. That's pretty much the reason I broke up with her. She wasn't a bad girl otherwise.

nicksonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nicksonman

Yeah, I have. I wouldn't have even minded the kids so much, but then you've got the ex-husband always coming around and screwing with her emotions and as soon as he sees she's got a new boyfriend of course he does everything possible to screw that up, since he's got the right to stop by every weekend and get the kids and talk to her.

Jackc8
Happens too often I'm afraid.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
I have no experience with kids at all.
LiamAtDevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LiamAtDevour
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Nah. I'm done with gf's for now. Next thing I get into will be serious mode. And when that time comes I'd like to be raising my OWN family.. Not someone elses.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Date?, Sure. Get into a relationship with, I'd lean on a "maybe" and possibly a "No"
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
No way in hell would I date a woman that had kids.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Sleep with/have fun with?...yes Date (as in relationship)?...no Though this is b/c I have no interest in having kids or dealing with them...ever
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
I have no interest in having kids or dealing with them...everrawsavon
Ditto
mr_blobby213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mr_blobby213
Member since 2010 • 727 Posts
Nope.
nicksonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nicksonman
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]Sleep with/have fun with?...yes Date (as in relationship)?...no Though this is b/c I have no interest in having kids or dealing with them...ever

How old are you?
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rawsavon
[QUOTE="Nicksonman"][QUOTE="rawsavon"]Sleep with/have fun with?...yes Date (as in relationship)?...no Though this is b/c I have no interest in having kids or dealing with them...ever

How old are you?

Old. 30+ age bracket. ...went far enough to ensure I never have children (vasectomy...snip and burn for good measure). People are naive that think you can have a legit 'relationship' with a woman (who has children) and be a part of that kids' life. They are a package deal. It would be unfair and foolish to expect otherwise. It is 'not right' for someone like me to involve myself in a situation like that. I am selfish...but realistic and considerate
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Nope. The biggest problem is gonna be the other parent. Who wants to have to deal with someones ex.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 junglist101

[QUOTE="Nicksonman"][QUOTE="rawsavon"]Sleep with/have fun with?...yes Date (as in relationship)?...no Though this is b/c I have no interest in having kids or dealing with them...everrawsavon
How old are you?

Old. 30+ age bracket. ...went far enough to ensure I never have children (vasectomy...snip and burn for good measure). People are naive that think you can have a legit 'relationship' with a woman (who has children) and be a part of that kids' life. They are a package deal. It would be unfair and foolish to expect otherwise. It is 'not right' for someone like me to involve myself in a situation like that. I am selfish...but realistic and considerate

Did you really get a vasectomy and you don't have any kids yet?

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rawsavon

Did you really get a vasectomy and you don't have any kids yet?

junglist101

Yes. Got it in my early to mid 20's.
Nope, no kids. I am one of the most selfish, anal, ocd type people you will ever meet. Kids are not for me. I am selfish but responsible (too many people that should not have kids have them)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178850 Posts
Already have a child.....
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127508 Posts
I don't think I would.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 junglist101

[QUOTE="junglist101"]Did you really get a vasectomy and you don't have any kids yet?

rawsavon

Nope, no kids. I am one of the most selfish, anal, ocd type people you will ever meet. Kids are not for me. I am selfish but responsible (too many people that should not have kids have them)

I mean, the only reason I'm asking is because I never saw myself wanting kids or ever feeling like the time was right then quite randomly I decided that I did. I never thought I would want kids. I'm also in my 30's.

You must have had to really talk that doctor into doing it. Most of them won't in a case like yours.

Kagai13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kagai13
Member since 2010 • 571 Posts
Well I'm still a kid so I can't really imagine being adult and dealing with such problems. I'm not sure if I could manage to live with not my children

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="junglist101"]Did you really get a vasectomy and you don't have any kids yet?

junglist101

I mean, the only reason I'm asking is because I never saw myself wanting kids or ever feeling like the time was right then quite randomly I decided that I did. I never thought I would want kids. I'm also in my 30's.

You must have had to really talk that doctor into doing it. Most of them won't in a case like yours.

*small thing of popcorn*
VintageVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 VintageVader
Member since 2012 • 75 Posts
I would and I am dating someone with just one kid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
OH JUNGLIST tell me about your kids was it worth it? or has that not happened the wife is getting closer to trying and talk me into it I CAN TELL
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

hell no, a woman with a child is an immediate gtfo for me.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rawsavon

junglist101

...I am a very convincing a$$hole. My jackassery is fairly evident.
Doc was ready to cut me right then and there on thefirst consultation.
>_>

He was actually a really funny guy (necessary for the job imagine).
I asked him (while in the stirrups) how many of these he had done (keep in mind he was an old man).
He replied:
'This is my first one, but I have the instruction manual right here. The bad news is that it is in Spanish...but the good news is that there are pictures'

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 junglist101

OH JUNGLIST tell me about your kids was it worth it? or has that not happened the wife is getting closer to trying and talk me into it I CAN TELLJandurin
:lol: No kids yet. I can't tell you if it will be worth it. Knowing my luck my kids will turn out to be ungreatful little bastards that back talk me when I tell them to do something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

I asked him (while in the stirrups) how many of these he had done (keep in mind he was an old man).
He replied:
'This is my first one, but I have the instruction manual right here. The bad news is that it is in Spanish...but the good news is that there are pictures'

rawsavon
hahahahaha

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]OH JUNGLIST tell me about your kids was it worth it? or has that not happened the wife is getting closer to trying and talk me into it I CAN TELLjunglist101

Knowing my luck my kids will turn out to be ungreatful little bastards that back talk me when I tell them to do something.

That's pretty much a definite, not based on luck.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 junglist101

[QUOTE="junglist101"]You must have had to really talk that doctor into doing it. Most of them won't in a case like yours.

rawsavon

...I am a very convincing a$$hole. My jackassery is fairly evident.
Doc was ready to cut me right then and there on thefirst consultation.
>_>

He was actually a really funny guy (necessary for the job imagine).
He replied:

That's funny. I was working with a doctor who happens to also be a friend of mine who was asked by a patient during a liver biopsy if he had performed the procedure before. He replied with a straight face "I watched a tutorial about how to do this just today on youtube". I couldn't hold back the laughter.

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts
Seriously how old are you guys? Alot of your answers sound really immature. I don't have any kids of my own. But saying stuff like you would tell someone gtfo if they had a kid sounds immature. There are much more intelligent ways of expressing that you wouldn't have a relationship with someone who had a kind. There are a lot of hot moms and dads out there so dont be so quick in rejecting them.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 junglist101

Seriously how old are you guys? Alot of your answers sound really immature. I don't have any kids of my own. But saying stuff like you would tell someone gtfo if they had a kid sounds immature. There are much more intelligent ways of expressing that you wouldn't have a relationship with someone who had a kind. There are a lot of hot moms and dads out there so dont be so quick in rejecting them.helwa1988
Not only do I tell them GTFO. I have a stack of flyers with this picture on it I give to them to accentuate what I've just said.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

I have a stack of flyers with this picture on it I give to them to accentuate what I've just said.

junglist101
Your picture lacks the "T!TS OR" i mean, she doesn't have to leave immediately if she's going to show her boobs y'know
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 junglist101

[QUOTE="junglist101"]

I have a stack of flyers with this picture on it I give to them to accentuate what I've just said.

Jandurin

Your picture lacks the "T!TS OR" i mean, she doesn't have to leave immediately if she's going to show her boobs y'know

Eh, I should have been more clear. I'll bang her and then tell her to gtfo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
mhm mhm :)
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Seriously how old are you guys? Alot of your answers sound really immature. I don't have any kids of my own. But saying stuff like you would tell someone gtfo if they had a kid sounds immature. There are much more intelligent ways of expressing that you wouldn't have a relationship with someone who had a kind. There are a lot of hot moms and dads out there so dont be so quick in rejecting them.helwa1988

fair enough, i wouldn't tell them gtfo literally im direct but not rude, just wouldn't be interested

and i couldn't care less about hot moms, im not gonna take care of someone else kid. id rather have a hot not mom.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

It's definitely a drawback but not a dealbreaker.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rawsavon
[QUOTE="helwa1988"] There are a lot of hot moms and dads out there so dont be so quick in rejecting them.

...and why not? If that (kids) is a non-negotiable for me (as far as relationships), why would I date someone who has a child?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178850 Posts
[QUOTE="helwa1988"]Seriously how old are you guys? Alot of your answers sound really immature. I don't have any kids of my own. But saying stuff like you would tell someone gtfo if they had a kid sounds immature. There are much more intelligent ways of expressing that you wouldn't have a relationship with someone who had a kind. There are a lot of hot moms and dads out there so dont be so quick in rejecting them.

I don't think age has anything to do with it......maturity does not always depend on age. FYI.
TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Yes, I dated a girl for three months who had a kid. It wasn't that bad, but I get along with kids and stuff. Sure there's a lot of extra stuff you gotta do like make em breakfast and hang out with them and try not to rage when the ex-husband calls and buys stuff for the kid. Blah blah blah.

Avatar image for BlindBluMonstah
BlindBluMonstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BlindBluMonstah
Member since 2009 • 13858 Posts
I have no experience with kids at all.Jandurin
All the more reason to do it and get experience :3
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

im really not a fan of raising someone elses kids but if i liked the person enough i would at least make an effort to try but i would really have to be madly in live with this person. I would still want my own kids in the end though

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gen007

rawsavon

:o really now. In a way what did isn't selfish at all though. It would be selfish to just not give a **** and have a bunch of kids running around. Me personally though i wouldn't have got the vasectomy though. If in a relationship i would demand birth control and one night stands get a plan b gift basket on the way out the front door. Now that's selfish:cool:

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
i could date her, but idk about long term and raising children not in my kin. I'm selfish like that.
kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

No. I don't ever want kids so dating someone who has one wouldn't work for me.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

Gen007

:o really now. In a way what did isn't selfish at all though. It would be selfish to just not give a **** and have a bunch of kids running around. Me personally though i wouldn't have got the vasectomy though. If in a relationship i would demand birth control and one night stands get a plan b gift basket on the way out the front door. Now that's selfish:cool:

...I am also not very trusting. I want to make damn sure.
Though a very small part of me (rofl at that innuendo) wanted to have a girl say she was preggers with my baby.
-would play along for a while
-then drop the hammer at an appropriate time

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
Yeah. You know they put out. Nothing long term though.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
I'd prefer not to, unless the child was conceived by rape (since it wasn't her fault), but even then, I would think it would be best for her to have given the child up for adoption. I wouldn't say I'd completely rule it out, however.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gen007

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"] Yes. Got it in my early to mid 20's.

rawsavon

...I am also not very trusting. I want to make damn sure.
Though a very small part of me (rofl at that innuendo) wanted to have a girl say she was preggers with my baby.
-would play along for a while

Yeah there is a good amount of uncertainty my way but life would be quite good until the curtain falls. I could totally imagine your scenario though. I would probably be concerned though as to how many men she has slept with without a condom.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

rawsavon
is the hammer your penis