Would you be friends with a Racist who doesn't hate your Race?

  • 60 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 11 months, 14 days ago

Poll: Would you be friends with a Racist who doesn't hate your Race? (28 votes)

Yes, as long as it's not me then we have no problem 7%
Maybe..depending how they act to the people they're racist to 46%
No i would never associate myself with an open or closet racist 46%

let's see if anyone would actually befriend a racist

#1 Posted by thegerg (15731 posts) -

It depends.

#2 Posted by deeliman (2537 posts) -

No, I wouldn't.

#3 Posted by Aljosa23 (25630 posts) -

lol dumb question. No

#4 Posted by Praisedasun (444 posts) -

It depends on how he treats the people of the race he hates.

If he is violent and stupid, then no, I wouldn't befriend him.

Otherwise, I would give the matter a second thought.

#5 Posted by Master_Live (15289 posts) -

@thegerg said:

It depends.

On what?

#6 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151873 posts) -

I don't have friends fill out questionnaires first......

#7 Posted by alim298 (1815 posts) -

Ok I just figured something: Topics on racism, gays, politics and sex are overdone.

#8 Edited by thegerg (15731 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

@thegerg said:

It depends.

On what?

On whether or not I know, on whether or not we have similar interests, on how he treats people, on how he treats me, on whether or not he and I get along, etc.. There are tons of factors.

#9 Posted by elkoldo (1256 posts) -

Well if he hates the race I hate, we might actually make best friends.

...OK,Ok ,don't flame me , just kidding around.

#10 Posted by deeliman (2537 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't have friends fill out questionnaires first......

Really? How else would you know if you want to befriend them?

#11 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (971 posts) -

No.

Racism/homophobia/sexism is like a voluntary form autism. Those who choose to disregard their unconscious social intuition in order to consciously be a dick is no friend of mine. He/she can get his/her much desired attention elsewhere.

#12 Posted by GazaAli (23515 posts) -

If he's a harmful racist I wouldn't pay much attention to it.

#13 Posted by playmynutz (6215 posts) -

Winnie the Pooh says no lol

#14 Posted by GreySeal9 (24910 posts) -

I consider being racist against any race an ugly character trait, so no.

#15 Edited by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

No. If you dislike an entire race, chances are you're an idiot. Disliking people makes sense, disliking an entire race does not.

#16 Edited by GreySeal9 (24910 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

No. If you dislike an entire race, chances are you're an idiot. Disliking people makes sense, disliking an entire race does not.

Well said.

#17 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13295 posts) -

My neighbors are proud racist rednecks. I talk to them and have helped them out from time to time but I wouldn't call them friends. I have non-white friends over often and they've never given us any flap, but I do argue with them when they make racist comments around me.

They usually just laugh, but I've pissed them off a few times when they were drunk. Jim Jr. got up once and took a swing at me, I didn't even have to move my feet to dodge it and he put himself in the dirt when he missed.

Good times.

#18 Posted by ad1x2 (5766 posts) -

I would prefer not to but growing up it was inevitable. From ten to 17 I grew up in parts of Atlanta that were predominantly black and were for the most part the ghetto. Most of my friends were racist against white people but a lot of them felt that way because that is how their parents, who grew up around the tail end of segregation times, rose them to be (think Samuel L. Jackson's character Zeus Carver in Die Hard with a Vengeance, but worse).

I lost contact with most of them but the few who I still know don't mention feeling that way anymore. One of them, who was raised by his mother to believe that comment from the movie Boyz in the Hood which said "A Black man ain't got no place in the Army," is graduating from basic training next week at 31 years old.

#19 Posted by Makhaidos (1614 posts) -

I'm friends with racists, sexists, homophobes, and xenophobes.

#20 Posted by indzman (19148 posts) -

please stop spamming create topic button

#21 Posted by ad1x2 (5766 posts) -

@indzman said:

please stop spamming create topic button

If it wasn't for guys like the TC OT would be dead. Look how many posters we lost in the past five years...

#22 Posted by indzman (19148 posts) -

@ad1x2 said:

@indzman said:

please stop spamming create topic button

If it wasn't for guys like the TC OT would be dead. Look how many posters we lost in the past five years...

I wish TC 'd atleast respond in his own threads, never saw TC responding lol.Seems like a spambot asking questions after questions HeHe.

#23 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

No, I hate racist and is the main reason I won't have a damn thing to do with my girl's brother.

#24 Edited by elkoldo (1256 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa: Just out of curiosity, what's his race?

And what race does he despise?

#25 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14072 posts) -

They have an opinion I cannot change. If they were a real loyal friend, then why not?

#26 Posted by Shmiity (5215 posts) -

Finding an actual racist among young people in my state is overwhelmingly rare. Yeah, I make fun of different races, sure. Everyone does. But someone who is actually a bigot? In 2014? Who's about 20 years old and lives in MA? I don't think I know any.

#27 Edited by hippiesanta (9946 posts) -

Yes ..... I got a racist friend ..... and already use to befriend the House of Montague and the House of Capulet ... lol.... .... I don't like what my friend did but he's still my friend. I got variety type of friends and I got different stories from many angles.

#28 Posted by 10854 (109 posts) -

No. Choose to not associate myself with such low character types.

#29 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't have friends fill out questionnaires first......

No friends to give the questionnaires too?

#30 Posted by Korvus (5501 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

No. If you dislike an entire race, chances are you're an idiot. Disliking people makes sense, disliking an entire race does not.

I think you summed it up pretty well =)

That being said, if I find someone who's a racist I try to figure out why he/she is such and try to made them see a different point of view. If they're a "racist and proud" kind of person though...well, good luck with that.

The reason I care is because I was raised in a racist/homophobe environment. My parents are both extremely racist/homophobe while thinking they're very accepting. They will never say anything to a black or gay guy but they'd me and my sister not to befriend/be alone with/turn your back to a black dude because he'll beat you up and rob you at the first chance he gets and that gay people are sick and dirty and you shouldn't be around them (maybe I'd catch gay!).

As stupid as all of this is, and though even as a kid your brain tells you that it doesn't make sense, at a point you get a bit indoctrinated by it. Thankfully I've met lots of nice black people, lots of nice gay people, lots of nice black gay people and it managed to override the indoctrination, but there's lots of people who never got the chance to experience it themselves and just stick to what they were taught, so they need a nudge in the right direction.

#31 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@elkoldo said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: Just out of curiosity, what's his race?

And what race does he despise?

He is white and he hates blacks. He is a closet racist.

#32 Posted by sukraj (23441 posts) -

No

#33 Posted by hippiesanta (9946 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@elkoldo said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: Just out of curiosity, what's his race?

And what race does he despise?

He is white and he hates blacks. He is a closet racist.

doesn't mean all blacks are not racist

#34 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@hippiesanta said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@elkoldo said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: Just out of curiosity, what's his race?

And what race does he despise?

He is white and he hates blacks. He is a closet racist.

doesn't mean all blacks are not racist

What? Did you quote the wrong person or something? Your reply to my comment makes no sense at all.

#35 Edited by pie-junior (2866 posts) -

I have many times. I've even befriended people who were prejudiced against 'my race' (as in, antisemites of the 'jews are manipulating global events in order to ensure jewish supremacy; but you're totally cool' variety).

None of them were assholes who got in people's faces about it, though.

#36 Posted by pie-junior (2866 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

No. If you dislike an entire race, chances are you're an idiot. Disliking people makes sense, disliking an entire race does not.

and you don't have idiot friends?

#37 Edited by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

@thegerg said:

It depends.

This. How racist are we talking about here and how long was I friends with them before I found out? It's sad I even have to ask this but, in today's age, "racist" doesn't really mean anything.

#38 Edited by TheFlush (5591 posts) -

absolutely not.

#39 Posted by Praisedasun (444 posts) -

I am leaving this in here.

http://wikifaqs.net/index.php?title=Mrduckbear3

#40 Posted by slimdogmilionar (643 posts) -

I'm a black guy from Florida so my options are limited, pretty much everyone is a closet racist. It still pisses me off sometimes but I'm pretty much numb to it now.

#41 Posted by GreySeal9 (24910 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@hippiesanta said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@elkoldo said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: Just out of curiosity, what's his race?

And what race does he despise?

He is white and he hates blacks. He is a closet racist.

doesn't mean all blacks are not racist

What? Did you quote the wrong person or something? Your reply to my comment makes no sense at all.

I don't think hippesanta has ever said anything that makes the remotest bit of sense.

#42 Edited by elkoldo (1256 posts) -

@GreySeal9 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@hippiesanta said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@elkoldo said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: Just out of curiosity, what's his race?

And what race does he despise?

He is white and he hates blacks. He is a closet racist.

doesn't mean all blacks are not racist

What? Did you quote the wrong person or something? Your reply to my comment makes no sense at all.

I don't think hippesanta has ever said anything that makes the remotest bit of sense.

I guess what he's saying is , although racism mainly means the white despising the black ,among the black,you can still find people that hate some other race.For example ,a black dude might hate a gay guy, so that makes the black dude racist.

In this sense I'd say hippesanta is so goddamn correct.

#43 Edited by tocool340 (20609 posts) -

No....

#44 Posted by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

@pie-junior: Nope. I'm in a neighbourhood where racism is very frowned upon. I pick my friends carefully, if you're going to spend a lot of time with someone and trust them, you gotta make sure they're a good person first.

#45 Posted by Kevlar101 (6562 posts) -

I could make an acquaintance with a racist.

Nothing more.

#46 Posted by dave123321 (34264 posts) -

@ad1x2: OT should fucking die already though

#47 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@elkoldo said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@hippiesanta said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@elkoldo said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: Just out of curiosity, what's his race?

And what race does he despise?

He is white and he hates blacks. He is a closet racist.

doesn't mean all blacks are not racist

What? Did you quote the wrong person or something? Your reply to my comment makes no sense at all.

I don't think hippesanta has ever said anything that makes the remotest bit of sense.

I guess what he's saying is , although racism mainly means the white despising the black ,among the black,you can still find people that hate some other race.For example ,a black dude might hate a gay guy, so that makes the black dude racist.

In this sense I'd say hippesanta is so goddamn correct.

The black guy hating a gay does not make him racist. Learn your words and their meaning before using them please. It would make him prejudice. For all we know, the gay could be black as well.

#48 Posted by hippiesanta (9946 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@elkoldo said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@hippiesanta said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@elkoldo said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: Just out of curiosity, what's his race?

And what race does he despise?

He is white and he hates blacks. He is a closet racist.

doesn't mean all blacks are not racist

What? Did you quote the wrong person or something? Your reply to my comment makes no sense at all.

I don't think hippesanta has ever said anything that makes the remotest bit of sense.

I guess what he's saying is , although racism mainly means the white despising the black ,among the black,you can still find people that hate some other race.For example ,a black dude might hate a gay guy, so that makes the black dude racist.

In this sense I'd say hippesanta is so goddamn correct.

The black guy hating a gay does not make him racist. Learn your words and their meaning before using them please. It would make him prejudice. For all we know, the gay could be black as well.

Amazontreeboa, please stop making things complicated, defensive, calculative and offended on every forumers opinion ..... which country are you from ...?? please be open-minded .... and smile always..

#49 Posted by lamprey263 (24667 posts) -

I had a friend who I wouldn't consider racist but he would say racist things publicly because he simply liked being contentious as to maybe challenge people to call him out on it but people wouldn't and that would somehow embolden him to be more outrageous. I'm not friends with him anymore for a number of reasons.

#50 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6839 posts) -

Racists are in the top 5 most despicable people on the plane, so no. I highly despise them. It is a great mark of ignorance and stupidity to hate people just because of the colour of their skin. I could never associate with anyone like that.