Why US is always at war ?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

WW 2 , Vietnam , Gulf , Somalia now present Afghanistan and Iraq. Most countries stopped fighting after WW II i guess , with few exceptional countries here and there ( Israel for example ). Why US is always at war if you see its history of war ? These countries threaten US ?

List of US wars

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

They have to be at war, or the 20 million or so army/navy/airforce would have nothing to do, its too boost their ego basically.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@indzman said:

WW 2 , Vietnam , Gulf , Somalia now present Afghanistan and Iraq. Most countries stopped fighting after WW II i guess , with few exceptional countries here and there ( Israel for example ). Why US is always at war if you see its history of war ? These countries threaten US ?

List of US wars

What country are you from indzman? We all know where this topic is going to lead to. So, have the courtesy to let others know where you're from.

To answer your question, your own links tells why each incident/war took place.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#6 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@indzman said:

List of US wars

The U.S. should worry about there own backyard and stop sticking their fvcking noses where it does not belong.So should Canada,France,etc....

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By indzman

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@indzman said:

List of US wars

What country are you from indzman? We all know where this topic is going to lead to. So, have the courtesy to let others know where you're from.

I'm from India , i think everyone on OT knows it already =P

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

Because the US has the greatest military on Earth. We have allies in many other countries that require our support.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Jealousy ......

and because of the Israel connection

some bigots in me country never even meet a jew .... and keep on telling others how bad jew was..... but they admire stephen speilberg, paula abdul and Gal Gadot like god.. lol

.... and KFC is beloved here ... lol

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

You might want to brush up on your history....the US is not. Also look at how many wars other countries have been involved in during their history.

At least be informed man if you're going to make threads.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Somekind of addiction... they had to for some reason, I dunno.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Also look at how many wars other countries have been involved in during their history.

Well yeah but none of them brought this much misery to this world

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@alim298 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Also look at how many wars other countries have been involved in during their history.

Well yeah but none of them brought this much misery to this world

Then you don't know history.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Israel had America on a leash, the 9/11 attack was world war 3 Israel global take over. America went to war in the middle east so Islam could control Israel.

Clinton and Obama selling you hollywood dreams.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Considering its relative age in comparison to other nations its record of going to war is pretty disgusting. It does however have a lot of global financial interests and war has largely been a means to protect that investment.

What really makes me feel sick is the idea of patriotism. This isnt a World war scenario, its not about defending your borders and national security. Its about the dollar bill.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Because clues are needed for videogames to be created !

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17  Edited By CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

@jasean79:

@jasean79 said:

Because the US has the greatest military on Earth. We have allies in many other countries that require our support.

No. What America is dong in other countries is simply called military occupation.

"We have allies in many other countries that require our support."

Allies? oh you mean those puppet that your government installs after an coup or manufactured election right? in which these same alleged allies have to join either

the EU and NATO yeah i am sure they require America's support through an military occupation. Fact is America is hated still. That wont change no matter whose in Charge.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Military is a huge industry and there's lots of money in military contracting that is very corrupting, one reason to have wars is just to have them.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By indzman

@lamprey263 said:

Military is a huge industry and there's lots of money in military contracting that is very corrupting, one reason to have wars is just to have them.

I thought about it too. If there were no wars , who'd buy weapons or tanks or jets ? These arms manufacturers spending billions'd go broke. Do you think politicians purposely create wars amongst nations so arms manufacturers and politicians profit ?

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Realistically most countries have been locked in a load of conflicts since the end of World War 2. OP, you said you're from India, you're locked in almost perpetual conflict with Pakistan since the day the British withdrew. You also conquered the Hyderabad State and the Portuguese territory of Goa, were at war with the Chinese and were involved in a shitload of other smaller conflicts.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By indzman

@chaplainDMK said:

Realistically most countries have been locked in a load of conflicts since the end of World War 2. OP, you said you're from India, you're locked in almost perpetual conflict with Pakistan since the day the British withdrew. You also conquered the Hyderabad State and the Portuguese territory of Goa, were at war with the Chinese and were involved in a shitload of other smaller conflicts.

About Pakistan true ( already 4 wars happened ) , anytime war can occur or not lol. Things always tense at indo pak border. Atm we are trying to build our military incase shit happens Heh. But yeah , we are fighting with our many inner conflicts currently ( rebels , insurgents, terrorism ).

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chaplainDMK

@indzman said:

@chaplainDMK said:

About Pakistan true ( already 4 wars happened ) , anytime war can occur or not lol. Things always tense at indo pak border. Atm we are trying to build our military incase shit happens Heh. But yeah , we are fighting with our many inner conflicts currently ( rebels , insurgents, terrorism ).

Well then, why doesn't your post acknowledge that? You claim that apparently only big bad 'Muricah and Israel are always at war. Every other country is inhabited exclusively by hippies.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Others would be at war too if they could.The US super power just keeps y'all in check.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

capitalists have taken over the government to promote their own greed. This makes the USA extreamly imperialist and will spend endless money on fake wars.

Hell a general in the US army admitted the golf of tonken incident never happen.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

*puts on Solid Snake mask and speaks in raspy voice*

The war economy.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

*puts on Solid Snake mask and speaks in raspy voice*

The war economy.

because he who controls the battlefield controls history.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chaplainDMK

@osirisx3 said:

capitalists have taken over the government to promote their own greed. This makes the USA extreamly imperialist and will spend endless money on fake wars.

Hell a general in the US army admitted the golf of tonken incident never happen.

Ye, because not like everyone else mostly kills each other for a hobby right?

A single general said that? China still doesn't acknowledge what happened at Tienanmen square; Turkey still deny's it orchestrated genocide against the Armenians, Russia only admitted Katyn forest as a war crime in 2010, Russia just freaking annexed an entire peninsula etc. etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#30 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

From people who care way too much about what other countries do to people who get really upset over insults to their country (baseless or otherwise) you guys stress way too much; relax and join us on the "we don't give a damn" side =D

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

What kind of American would spell ass as "arse"? Reaper, are you some kinda poser or something?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Because we have the capability to act on threats to our national security.

We shouldn't be afraid to use that power when all else fails.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

"THE" US.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Military-industrial complex, man.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

The US is always at war for the same reasons that Rome was always at war. And we know how that turned out for Rome in the long run ...

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Because the Military Industrial complex showed that WW2 was profittable for the US since that created work which stimulated the economy, also a sense of paranoia that everybody is against them including their closest allies.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

With great power comes great responsibility.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#38  Edited By Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

Explosions. Guns. Explosions. Pew Pew's going off left and right. People whining about something. That's why.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3864 Posts

@GTR12:

It is apparent you never served in the military and know nothing of the history and our beliefs. We have more military personnel buried in foreign lands than any other country. They fought and died there not for land, wealth, or personal gain but form freedom of others. If you were with in my reach I would slap you up along side your head for being such an ass.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I don't understand why America gets thrown in the negative light when other major countries are supporting the U.S. in these wars....

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By indzman

@reaper4278 said:

@indzman said:

List of US wars

Why do idiots keep making stupid threads? These are the questions for the ages.

Oh and the U.S. is not presently in Iraq, and we are not at war with Afghanistan nor were we at war with Somalia. Desert Storm was a result of aggression against a weaker country and we were joined by 90% of the freaking world in that one. Even Syria was in our coalition. World War 2? Seriously? You know why it was called WORLD right? Troll or idiot? You choose.

All the American hating assclowns on this board can bite my red, white, and blue arse. This includes the self-loathers.

Hey fvcking moron , read my post clearly. I asked the countries US waged war, did those countries threaten US ? It was merely a question , no a US hating thread. FYI i don't hate US, love US more than you so kiss my ass fool.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@JimB said:

@GTR12:

It is apparent you never served in the military and know nothing of the history and our beliefs. We have more military personnel buried in foreign lands than any other country. They fought and died there not for land, wealth, or personal gain but form freedom of others. If you were with in my reach I would slap you up along side your head for being such an ass.

Don't care, I'm not from the US, reach across the pacific if you can.

And you just answered my question, you have more military than any other country and since the military would get bored, you fight.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

What the government believes: political sphere of influence
What businesses believe: $$$
What the people believe: a wide range of answers
What soldiers believe: patriotism, altruism or/and blowing shit up.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

I don't understand why America gets thrown in the negative light when other major countries are supporting the U.S. in these wars....

Cuz haters gonna hate....simple as that.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

cuz the world isn't the United States yet

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts

Because the corporations that make the bombs, missiles, tanks, planes, APC's, drones, guns, bullets, powder, engines, tires, wheels, grenades, radios, satellites, GPS, uniforms, food rations, night vision goggles, gas masks, bodybags, coffins, dog tags, etc need the money to stay in business to pay their employees to feed their family and pay their bills to give their children a decent life and to send them to school to educate them to make bombs, missiles, tanks, planes, APC's, drones, guns, bullets, powder, engines, tires, wheels, grenades, radios, satellites, GPS, uniforms, food rations, night vision goggles, gas masks, bodybags, coffins, dog tags or educate them how to sell bombs, missiles, tanks, planes, APC's, drones, guns, bullets, powder, engines, tires, wheels, grenades, radios, satellites, GPS, uniforms, food rations, night vision goggles, gas masks, bodybags, coffins, dog tags so they can buy food for their family and pay their bills to... you get the picture. Millitary-Industrial Complex.

I'm just so glad we have a President who will put a stop to this by using these bombs the right way like when he tried to bomb Syria because... oh wait, he's just like all the others. nvr mind

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JimB

@GTR12:

We either defeated you or freed you.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JimB

@reaper4278:

One thing is for sure when these American haters get their ass in a bind they come to the USA to bail out their sorry asses.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@reaper4278 said:

All the American hating assclowns on this board can bite my red, white, and blue arse.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!

Are you one of those fat nerd gamers (no offense to fat nerd gamers, the offensive part comes now) who wear American flag shorts? Or like those nerds who in their imagination merge Warcraft with Star wars in your case British word "arse" with american English? (again no offense to the nerds)

The mother of LOL (and trolls) WILL be proud.

Seriously to all OTs americans if you think this guy is a good representative of your country then I'm gonna kiss Osama bin laden right on the lips.