Why the world will end in 2012(proof,no joke)

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xXxShamsixXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xXxShamsixXx
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts

Most of you here know about the mayan prediction,they believed the world will end in 2012,but none of you here mixed religion with this saying.

here are some of what has been said in the quran about the last day.

The quran states that in the end,the sun will rise from the west(instead of the east) ..(im not sure if this is also in the bible havent read it)

How can this logically happen?

if you read more about 2012 you will know that the planets will align in a straight line to the sun..and the earth's poles have a chance to(north and south)shift, so north will be south and south will be north that also means west will be east and east will be west,so the sun will rise from the west,when the poles shift the planet will become unstable and there will be major earthquakes and tsunamis that will result to our extinction.

The quran also states that the last day will be a friday

yes december 21 2012 is friday and coincidentally the exact time this will all happen is during the muslim's prayer of friday at mecca's timing.

This is not a thread to convert you or anything, because i am also confused,the quran said no one will know when will the last day be except god.

So

A,you either spread these words so we can build shelters or we evacuate to the moon

B,I might be a complete idiot posting this in gamespot

C,all what i said is not true and you find a contradiction in the (quran or bible)

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
No.
brainscientist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 brainscientist
Member since 2006 • 987 Posts

Oh god!

Not this crap again!

RAFDOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 RAFDOG
Member since 2004 • 5696 Posts
becuase Gerstman was fired today..therefore the GS has 4 years and 1 month to re hire him or the world will end
_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 _rock_
Member since 2007 • 7071 Posts
only God knows when the world will end. Not you:|

brainscientist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brainscientist
Member since 2006 • 987 Posts

becuase Gerstman was fired today..therefore the GS has 4 years and 1 month to re hire him or the world will endRAFDOG

Its only been like 12 hours and I am already sick of reading this guys name.

Who the hell cares?

RAFDOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RAFDOG

[QUOTE="RAFDOG"]becuase Gerstman was fired today..therefore the GS has 4 years and 1 month to re hire him or the world will endbrainscientist

Its only been like 12 hours and I am already sick of reading this guys name.

Who the hell cares?

your new...u wouldnt understand

SaviourJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaviourJustice
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts
No predictions could justify the end of the world. Only God can decide when and how to end it. In any case, nice research XD
rowzzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#9 rowzzr
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts
i pick the letter B in your choices.
elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
It's Al Queda's fault! That and global warming.
Cowmanik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cowmanik
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts
elektrixxx
I blame Pluto! Pluto's has an ax to grind.
Piesics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Piesics
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
I can't wait for it to come just so people would shut up about it.
thisishowtowin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thisishowtowin
Member since 2007 • 239 Posts
The bible/quran/any other religious document is evidence of absolutely nothing - science, after all, does treat it as fiction.
quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts

If I recall correctly, there are many different cultures/religions/prophets, from different eras and global regions, that in one way or another indicate that date.

Its spooky but I'm not worrying about it now.

RAFDOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RAFDOG

elektrixxx

GLOBAL QUEDA!?!?!

AL WARMING?!?!!

THE LA-LE-LU-LE-LO?!?!

Jenova_Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jenova_Flare
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

Most of you here know about the mayan prediction,they believed the world will end in 2012,but none of you here mixed religion with this saying.

The quran states that in the end,the sun will rise from the west(instead of the east) ..(im not sure if this is also in the bible havent read it)

if you read more about 2012 you will know that the planets will align in a straight line to the sun..and the earth's poles have a chance to(north and south)shift, so north will be south and south will be north that also means west will be east and east will be west,so the sun will rise from the west,when the poles shift the planet will become unstable and there will be major earthquakes and tsunamis that will result to our extinction.

yes december 21 2012 is friday and coincidentally the exact time this will all happen is during the muslim's prayer of friday at mecca's timing.

This is not a thread to convert you or anything, because i am also confused,the quran said no one will know when will the last day be except god.

So

A,you either spread these words so we can build shelters or we evacuate to the moon

C,all what i said is not true and you find a contradiction in the (quran or bible)

xXxShamsixXx

Hahahaha!

compaq345682

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 compaq345682
Member since 2004 • 6326 Posts
I dont believe in that but just in case I may buy a gun and get someone to shoot me to avoid the crazy crap that could occur like total darkness or Earth burning up or seas rising or whatever the hells gonna happen.
Piesics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Piesics
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
The biggest load of crap about all this is that people have the impression that somewhow humans knew more about everything 1000's of years ago than they do know: that they had secret techniques for knowing the future that we are unable to comprehend. So much sensationalist BS stems from that idea.
serbsta69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 serbsta69
Member since 2006 • 19209 Posts

becuase Gerstman was fired today..therefore the GS has 4 years and 1 month to re hire him or the world will endRAFDOG

Quoted for truth.

KHfanboy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KHfanboy2
Member since 2007 • 42258 Posts
Meh... I don't care...
XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

I lol'd at evacuating to the moon mostly because its impossible UNLESS nasa can build a huge ship about as big as a normal sized continent and load everybody in it but even then its still impossible when we don't have the technology.

What about food and water to lol?

When the world is about to go into chaos the only hope we got is another species from some other planet who will come down and load us in there ships. Who knows? Could happen.

Even if nasa built 100 ships that's still not enough for all of us. + The moon has no oxygen.

Thoughi suppose a very small number of us could go up in a space ship for a couple of months and come back down when the earth settles down to repopulate the species.

Actually this 2012 thing just sounds stupid anyways. The earth is not going to flip upside down that's just stupid.

jasonbesto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 jasonbesto
Member since 2007 • 754 Posts
you know I think gs should not allow users to post threads mainly about religions and how it can affect our lives , and that creats problems like this
NikoBellic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NikoBellic
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts

So

xXxShamsixXx

i won't call you a idiot at all. but i think your brainwashed for beliving the worlds going to end. You want the truth? Jesus said he would be with us till the end of AGES not the end of the world. it was a mistranslation.

2150 is when we move into the age of the Aquarius. we are currently in the age of the pisces

NikoBellic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NikoBellic
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts

you know I think gs should not allow users to post threads mainly about religions and how it can affect our lives , and that creats problems like thisjasonbesto

well, i was pointing out my own opinion on all the research i have done. i really think people should be open minded and accept the fact that the bible is a incomplete book. when you try to prove jesus existed, you really can't.

D3RV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 D3RV
Member since 2003 • 807 Posts

So

xXxShamsixXx

I take offense to you, I'm a muslim and there's many many more signs than just the sun rising from one side.
So you as an idiot, take one thing, ignore a plethora of others. You use this one piece of information that is stated in a holy scripture and take it out of context, just like suicide bombers and anyone else who uses religion as a weapon. Your part of the problem and are a moron.
This is coming from someone who went to Friday prayer today, and have completed my 5 daily prayers, and given to charity today. And just so everyone can relate someone who now dearly hates Edios, CNET and xXxShamsixXx.

Ps. It's Qur'an not quran.

Sorry guys, just so sick of ignorant people.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts
So the earth is suppose to start spinning in the opposite direction when this happens?.....my sleeping patterns are so going to get screwed up...
zalanth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 zalanth
Member since 2003 • 855 Posts

Exactly.

Save Jeff Gerstmann ('s career), save the world.

tcarruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tcarruth
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts

the quran = proof?

tcarruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tcarruth

does the bible also amount to proof? Was the world really made in 7 days by a guy with white beard? surely this has been proven!

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Duke Nukem Forever is also scheduled to be released on that very day.

firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts
[QUOTE="xXxShamsixXx"]

So

D3RV

I take offense to you, I'm a muslim and there's many many more signs than just the sun rising from one side.
So you as an idiot, take one thing, ignore a plethora of others. You use this one piece of information that is stated in a holy scripture and take it out of context, just like suicide bombers and anyone else who uses religion as a weapon. Your part of the problem and are a moron.
This is coming from someone who went to Friday prayer today, and have completed my 5 daily prayers, and given to charity today. And just so everyone can relate someone who now dearly hates Edios, CNET and xXxShamsixXx.

Ps. It's Qur'an not quran.

Sorry guys, just so sick of ignorant people.

Actually, everyone is ignorant. no one knows everything buddy :P

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#32 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts

Must...Evacuate...TO THE MOON!

This has been a sort of long standing theory, but I don't think it holds any water. If that day comes and goes with nothing the "facts" will just be placed in another setting that makes sense.

amapi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 amapi
Member since 2005 • 2404 Posts
I've heard the year 2012 mentioned before a few times. Like 2012 will be the year we finally are contacted by life outside our world.
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#34 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
Nope you're wrong. the world will not end in 2012. sorry better luck next time you try and predict the end of the world
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

Okay, whatever. I don't care if the world ends 2012 seconds from now.

ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
Is the challenge of this thread to interpret holy books so that they contain only one interpretation? That takes skillful self-manipulation, and I'm just not that talented! P.S.: Has GS confirmed that Jeff is gone yet? Because if he is, so am I.
6644kk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 6644kk
Member since 2007 • 461 Posts
To TC you forgot to mention that those things ONLY will happen after Jesus ascends and dies and Jesus will live for 40 years. So 2012end of the world? 100% false.
big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts
Its says in the bible, that only the Father( god) knows the exact day, it could be tomorrow, in 2 min, or 40 years. You have to be good all your life!
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#39 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
and I mark this the 5th thread I've posted in that regards my birthday in 5 years...
tcarruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tcarruth
Wanna put your money where you mouth is?
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
Religious books are not proof.
Voodoogmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Voodoogmr
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts

Try Googling the "Jupiter Effect". Disasters related to planetary alignments have been speculated on for many years. There was even a book released in 1974 about it, that claimed it would cause major disasters on March 10, 1982. Didn't happen.

Same stuff. Different date.

jus2nyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 jus2nyce
Member since 2005 • 1574 Posts
So wait a minute...so if I go to the library would I find the Bible in fiction or non-fiction?
pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts
you have proof that you know what will happen in 2012? hmmm what the heck are you some sort of time machine?! more like a door nob id say! bloody dork
Shillster89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shillster89
Member since 2007 • 1508 Posts
there is 52 fridays in a year....wth does december 21 have anything to do with anything?
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

you know with all the athiests on OT im not really sure why this prediction is given so much credibility

also if it happens so be i my guess is there will be nothing humans can do about it:?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#47 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
when 2012 comes and goes, i bet they will come out with some new reason for the world ending a little later. you know, if they would say each day is the apocalypse, they would eventually be right.
metallikop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 metallikop
Member since 2003 • 114 Posts

I agree that something will happen near that date on 2012, however, I don't think it'll be the end of the world. Honestly, do a bit of research before making a post with that assumption. If you're basing your ideals off a show you watched on A&E or the History Channel titled 2012 do a bit more reading. Here are some good resources for you.

http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html
http://www.13moon.com/prophecy%20page.htm
http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

Also, the Mayan's never said that the world will end in 2012, just that it will be a great era of change. The great cycle actually ends several hundred years later.

Here are the 13 Mayan baktuns-Cycles:
13.0.0.0.0 - August 11, 3114 BCE
1.0.0.0.0 - November 13, 2719 BCE
2.0.0.0.0 - February 16, 2324 BCE
3.0.0.0.0 - May 21, 1930 BCE
4.0.0.0.0 - August 23, 1536 BCE
5.0.0.0.0 - November 26, 1142 BCE
6.0.0.0.0 - February 28, 747 BCE
7.0.0.0.0 - June 3, 353 BCE
8.0.0.0.0 - September 5, 41 CE
9.0.0.0.0 - December 9, 435 CE
10.0.0.0.0 - March 13, 830 CE
11.0.0.0.0 - June 15, 1224 CE
12.0.0.0.0 - September 18, 1618 CE
13.0.0.0.0 - December 21, 2012 CE

This current cycle (12th baktun) is supposed to be a time of forgetting, material science, artificial things, people will forget about all the spiritual knowledge of the past. This is pretty accurate, as 1618 CE is around the same time that modern physics and science actually began.

The actual end of this entire Great Cycle is on March 25th, 2407 (13.19.19.17.19)...

Seriously, this is probably the 10,000th time that there's been a prediction of the end of the world. I'll take this one like I've taken all the others, with a side of fries and a grain of salt.

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
Mayans did not predict it the world will end in 2012 so I stopped reading after first line.