Why Sony rebooted Spider-Man? Sony is stupid?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 budget was 255 million + 180 million market cost = 435 million dollar.

So, 435 million was TASM 2 budget alone. Now we know that The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is not coming out before 2018 because of critic hate TASM 2 and low box office.

Even unpopular movies like Captain 2 and X-Men made more money than Spider-Man. Spider-Man is one of the most famous superheroes of all time but movie flop.

Why Sony rebooted Spider-Man?

Well, Sam Raimi told Sony that he want´s to make Spider-Man 4 to be best superhero movie of all time and he can´t release movie in 2011 but want´s 2012. Sony told Raimi to make movie 2011. Raimi said that he can´t do that because Spider-Man 4 script is not ready and it´s totally rushed and bad. Raimi said that he does not want to make bad movie but Sony did not care. So, Raimi left and Sony was happy. After that, Sony rebooted Spider-Man and released movie in 2012. Now i don´t get it. Why fire Raimi when reboot is also in 2012?

Sam Raimi wanted Spider-Man 4 to be biggest movie, bigger than Avatar and better than ever... Raimi wanted some freedom(like when he created Spider-Man 1 and 2). Sony(Avi Arad) forced add Venom in Spider-Man 3, rush with movie and they limited Raimi freedom. Everyone hated Spider-Man 3. Raimi told Sony to learn from their mistakes and give freedom to Raimi to make good movie. Sony did not want give any freedom and Avi Arad fired him.

Now Sony hired Marc Webb director who is happily direct Spider-Man under Avi Arad control(without freedom). TASM 1 came out, reviews were mixed, movie made okay money. Avi Arad came into idea to make Sinister Six movie. Avi Arad told Marc Webb to add 3 villains in TASM 2 and Marc Webb did. Movie failed, reviews bad, box office flop. Now Avi Arad want´s to release Sinister Six movie in 2016 where Spider-Man fights against 6 different villain but also Venom is coming. So, we will have 5 new villains(4 sinister, 1 venom) and 2 old villain(Harry Goblin and Rhino). When people asked how or what they do with Sinister Six movie then movie writer said: "We don´t know yet. I think people want see villains so we will give villains".

In short:

Sam Raimi had freedom with Spider-Man 1 and 2. Avi Arad hated this and took Sam Raimi freedom. Avi Arad made Spider-Man 3 and people hated this. People wanted Sam Raimi freedom but Avi Arad did not like this and fired him. Avi Arad hired new director who works for him. Avi Arad created TASM 1 and TASM 2. People hated it, now Avi Arad blames everyone else for this. Now Avi Arad wants totally his own Sinister Six movie.

Avi Arad gains power and nobody is firing him. Also Avi Arad said that he hopes that people don´t have high hopes on Uncharted movie because it´s not going to be good movie and it´s all about money. Sony won´t fire Avi Arad because Avi Arad told Sony that everyone else ruined movie than him.

Was this right idea to reboot Spider-Man or not? Spider-Man 4 could earned easily 1.5 billion but Avi Arad wanted his own vision movies. Sinister Six comes out 2016 where Spider-Man is going to fight against 6-7 different villain in 1 movie. Also TASM 4 will have new cast also because they don´t want Andrew Garfield old actor. It´s cheaper to fire him and get new and cheaper actor.

I love both movies

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#2 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Well, I for one am enjoying the reboot a lot more than I did the Toby-Man trilogy. Also, Captain 2 was an unpopular movie?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Spiderman reboot exists just to cash in on the spiderman name, that's it.

It's ridiculous we have two spiderman 2 films in 10 years.

The amazing spiderman films are terrible too, it's a rehash of pretty much what's already been done before but better..

Andy garcia is a good actor but not a good Peter Parker, he's far too good looking.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@thehig1 said:

The amazing spiderman films are terrible too, it's a rehash of pretty much what's already been done before but better..

Andy garcia is a good actor but not a good Peter Parker, he's far too good looking.

Andy Garcia ???

EDIT : agree completely to your post :)

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

The 2002 movie is the only good one.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

The wall of text and grammar hurt my head:-\

But if from what i read, Sony definitely fvcked up with Spiderman.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

I like the new movies. Nonetheless the reason Sony rebooted was because they had to make a movie or they would lose the rights to the property. PERIOD.

Why not look up facts before rambling. Anyway after emo Spider-man 3 I'm glad Raimi is gone.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FreedomFreeLife

I loved Sam Raimi cheesy jokes and faces. Webb is doing a lot better Peter and Gwen love, he makes Peter more teenager feel... but story is bad. It has no soul at all.

In raimi version Peter finds out that Aunt May has no money... you really feel bad because they poor. In Webb version Peter and May are rich but May tells in phone to his friend not to tell Peter that she works late to earn some extra cash. No feeling here.

Spider-Man 4 could earned 1.5 billion in 2012 but Sony wanted 2011. They fired Sam Raimi, reboot Spider-Man and that came out 2012 and earned less money. TASM 2 was flop.

Well Cap 2 and X-Men earns more money than Spider-Man proves that something is totally wrong. It´s like Wolverine is more popular hero than Superman or Batman.

Well we have next Spider-Man reboot after TASM 3 with totally new cast.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FreedomFreeLife

@LJS9502_basic said:

I like the new movies. Nonetheless the reason Sony rebooted was because they had to make a movie or they would lose the rights to the property. PERIOD.

Why not look up facts before rambling. Anyway after emo Spider-man 3 I'm glad Raimi is gone.

lol? they would not lose rights when they had to make Spider-Man 4. It took 10 years before FOX lost their Daredevil rights.

Spider-Man 4 or TASM date 2012 is same. So they would not lose rights. Well in fact Sam Raimi had no control over Spider-Man 3 at all because Avi Arad took his place. Now Sony losing money and movie flop. flop movie is bad

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

lol? they would not lose rights when they had to make Spider-Man 4. It took 10 years before FOX lost their Daredevil rights.

Spider-Man 4 or TASM date 2012 is same. So they would not lose rights. Well in fact Sam Raimi had no control over Spider-Man 3 at all because Avi Arad took his place. Now Sony losing money and movie flop. flop movie is bad

Sony had to make a movie when they made first Amazing Spider-Man. That's not a secret. They had nothing to make 4 with. Raimi was gone. If you don't like the series don't watch it.

I prefer Andrew Garfield over Tobey Maguire actually.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#11 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I'm a big Spiderman fan so i'm not complaining about the reboot, though i do prefer the first two spiderman movies.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

I do agree that the first two Spiderman flicks had more soul and were more enjoyable. Getting somewhere with the story is much better than constantly rebooting.

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#13 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: The reboot was very good until the second movie this year. Writing and story progression was rather weak. I was very disappointed with it.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#14 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Spiderman is a whining baby. I hope Batman breaks his nose.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

They did it just to keep the rights from going back to marvel.They don't care about the character,they just want a quick cash in.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

Even though I'm a DC guy, I grew up with Spider-man and I find the Amazing Spider-Man to be okay, not great nor worst, just okay. The only reason why Sony is doing these reboot is just an excuse to keep the Spider-Man rights and they don't want to lose it back to Marvel. Fox as you already know is doing Fantastic 4 reboot just to keep the rights from Marvel and Marvel is trying to get those rights back but they can't while there still making these films. Also remember that Sony is going to make 2 more Spider-Man films one for just the Sinister 6 and the other Venom so they can get them in all for Spider-Man 3, the final film. Sony is making a mistake spending these 2 films and why not just have Sinister 6 and Vemon into one single film? Make Venom the Hero since he has always been the Anti-hero and having just the Sinister 6 movie without a hero is doom to fell.

Spider-Man 3 is still the highest Spider-Man film to date and Amazing Spider-Man 2 could to it off. Sony needs to do better.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Money.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@korvus said:

Well, I for one am enjoying the reboot a lot more than I did the Toby-Man trilogy. Also, Captain 2 was an unpopular movie?

Agreed, and Kirsten Dunst as MJ? No way!

Captaion America: Winter Soldier was very popular.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FreedomFreeLife

If this was money then why not make Spider-Man 4 and earn 1.5 billion but instead reboot and earn 700 million? Keeping rights has nothing to do. It takes 10 years before you losing rights. Webb did not handle 3 villains in TASM 2 and now Sony wants that 7 DIFFERENT SUPER VILLAINS IN TASM 3!!!

Also in deleted scenes we find out that Peter father is alive but it was cut out. This means TASM 3 big focus is also on his father.

When Raimi Spider-Man movies were about Parker/Spider-Man life, problems and villains, then Webb Spider-Man is about Peter love girlfriend and trying to find truth about his father.. but movie totally forget everything else. Having 7 different villains in 1.5hr movie means that each villain will have only 1 fight scene. I always prefer 1 villain with good developement and 3 fight scenes.

@AFBrat77 said:

@korvus said:

Agreed, and Kirsten Dunst as MJ? No way!

Captaion America: Winter Soldier was very popular.

I mean that Captain America is not popular hero at all but earned more money than Spider-Man. This is like when Green Lantern movie earns more money than Dark Knight. I agree that Dunst was horrible MJ but gladly she was not main focus

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PSP107

@EasyComeEasyGo said:
Also remember that Sony is going to make 2 more Spider-Man films one for just the Sinister 6 and the other Venom so they can get them in all for Spider-Man 3, the final film.

Is Carnage making an appearance?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thehig1

@indzman said:

@thehig1 said:

Andy Garcia ???

EDIT : agree completely to your post :)

hahaha Andy Garfield.

Although Andy Garcia is pretty Handsome too

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts

No matter, aint my money

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

So I see FreedomFreeLife makes a fool of himself outside of SW as well

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thehig1
@lostrib said:

how is he, hes made a good point this thread.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts
@thehig1 said:
@lostrib said:

It would help if he actually provided evidence and sources for a lot of the shit he claims, otherwise it just sounds like he's rambling and ranting

Also, really? X-men and Captain America 2 were "unpopular" movies?

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

I read different, they said Spiderman was delayed until 2018 due to The Avengers movies coming out in 2016, then there is the Sinister Six which is a spin off of the villains from Spiderman 2 reboot. If you remember Hobgoblin was implying this at the end of TASM2. Also you have Deadpool coming out and I think there is one more that I'm forgetting, long story short the movie industry is about to be flooded with Marvel movies and releasing Spiderman 3 during this flood would not be a wise choice. Sucks because I love the reboots way better than the originals with Toby Maguire. Also it's not a reboot there are different Spiderman's from different dimensions "The Amazing Spiderman" is not the same as "Spiderman".

On a side note I really wanna see Carnage in one of these Spiderman movies you can't bring back Venom and just forget about Carnage.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Spiderman and The Amazing Spiderman are two different storylines based on comics. The Amazing Spiderman is the main canon. As long as Sony holds rights to Spiderman films, they likely were interested in doing something with the original story even if it is not completely accurate.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Spider-Man 1 & 2 + Amazing Spider-Man are the best Spidey movies out there and have nothing to be ashamed about. Spider-Man 3 IMO was a horrible cinema experience. I cut school for that movie and regretted my decision for doing it. I have not seen Amazing Spider-Man 2 yet so, I can't place judgement on it yet.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Sony has no clue what they are doing.

They should just sell the license. That way we can have Spidey in our Avengers.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

@foxhound_fox said:

Eh some people do like the movies. The Avengers were so crowded they didn't flesh out some of the characters. Don't need more.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 foxhound_fox

@LJS9502_basic said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Eh some people do like the movies. The Avengers were so crowded they didn't flesh out some of the characters. Don't need more.

Spider-Man is one of the main team ups with the Avengers. They could easily cut out Hawkeye and Black Widow and fit him in.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@slimdogmilionar: Actually, the reason they're delaying ASM 3 is due to the fact that the latest film made less than the previous one--in fact, its the lowest grossing in the series. (The next Avengers movie comes out next May; there's no release date for the third one yet.) Sony was heading their bets on making a whole cinematic universe with this series. Now with it performing less than what they hoped, they're getting nervous, and are focusing on making films with secondary characters for the next couple of years, (Sinister Six, and an announced movie with a female hero in the lead).

This is just going to end badly for both Sony and the fans.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

The last one is an absolute piece of shit. It's almost revolting. I saw it for free and was still angry for wasting my time seeing it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#34 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58957 Posts

At least we got a goof "you where my friend" gif out of it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic

@foxhound_fox said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Spider-Man is one of the main team ups with the Avengers. They could easily cut out Hawkeye and Black Widow and fit him in.

Sometimes he is...sometimes he isn't.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 foxhound_fox

@LJS9502_basic said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Yes, that's what team up means. He isn't a regular member of the team. But his character is far more popular than Hawkeye and Black Widow combined, and would draw even more viewers.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic

@foxhound_fox said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Yes, that's what team up means. He isn't a regular member of the team. But his character is far more popular than Hawkeye and Black Widow combined, and would draw even more viewers.

No love for Jeremy Renner then?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By foxhound_fox

@LJS9502_basic said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I enjoy Renner as an actor, couldn't care less about Hawkeye.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic

@foxhound_fox said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I enjoy Renner as an actor, couldn't care less about Hawkeye.

That's because they didn't really do much with his character. Or Black Widow's really. Bruce Banner didn't have much either. I guess the only characters that had much depth to them were the ones with their own movies. Actually I like Loki the best in the movie. And I rarely pick the villain....but he's so well done. Though I do like RDJ as Iron-man.

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 slimdogmilionar

@hallenbeck77: Yea the avengers three is supposed to come out in 2016 that's the one I was referencing. I think the reason that Spiderman is not doing to well now is the fact that they have more story than action, the first movie was all about how Peter became Spiderman so I expected this one to have more action, but instead it seemed to be more of a love story between Gwen and Peter and yet another back story this time based around the Hobgoblin. Maybe 3 will be better or it could be the beginning of the Peter and Mary Jane saga and be another back story showing how they develop their relationship, they need to get back in line with the comics and give us some more action or at least balance it out. I like Andrew Garfield better as Spiderman but the older ones had a little bit more action, I just couldn't relate to Maguire as Spiderman.

Also they need to unify the Marvel characters under one roof instead them being split up like some victimized divorce kids, I loose track of what company has which heroes between Disney, Fox, Sony, and whoever else has rights to Marvel characters.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@slimdogmilionar: I sincerely doubt that Avengers 3 will be out in 2016, especially when the second one will be released in May 2015. There's no way that Marvel Studios is going to rush a film THAT quickly.

As far as the various film franchises going back to Marvel, they don't need ANY of them back anytime soon. They have a huge stable of characters and possible franchises to choose from, as opposed to Sony, who has only the Spider-Man universe, and Fox, with only the X-Men and Fantastic Four series to their name.

Besides, even if they DID get the film rights back to any of them--say, Spider-Man for example--they're not going to drop what movies they have already on their schedule just for the sake of putting one out with the Marvel Studios logo on it. They will more than likely give the characters a much needed rest. Five Spider-Man movies in the span of 12 years is a bit much for any franchise.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FreedomFreeLife

Sinister Six - 2016

Venom - 2017

Spider-women - 2017 (yep, read the news, it´s coming)

TASM 3 - 2018

So, in TASM 3 we will have 7 different villains + 1 anti villain. All they want kill spider-man because... Harry Osborn says so...

Why Sony is rushing? Why we can´t have Spider-Man movie with 1 villain, 3 fight scenes and good story? Now we will have Spider-Man movie that is all about killing Sinister Six and because there are so many villain in this movie, this means every villain will get only 1 fight scene and that´s all.

Spin-off will ruin also TASM movie. Now having Sinister Six and Venom before TASM 3, then what was point of having Rhino at end when now TASM 3 takes place AFTER those other 2-3 movies and Rhino is beaten. I did not like that Gwen died and then 1 min later we find out that Spider-Man was gone 5 month and now he came back. It´s like way too fast.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thehig1

@lostrib said:
@thehig1 said:
@lostrib said:

It would help if he actually provided evidence and sources for a lot of the shit he claims, otherwise it just sounds like he's rambling and ranting

Also, really? X-men and Captain America 2 were "unpopular" movies?

Yeah I guess your right he his rambling somewhat, I'm a little bias because I agree with his rant.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@EasyComeEasyGo said:
Also remember that Sony is going to make 2 more Spider-Man films one for just the Sinister 6 and the other Venom so they can get them in all for Spider-Man 3, the final film.

Hard to tell at this point since details are scarce. Considering Sony is going for a Venom standalone movie, I wouldn't be surprise if Carnage is in it and he is overdue for an appearance on the big screen.

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 slimdogmilionar

@hallenbeck77: You bring up some good points, but I just watched TASM 2 the other day and when I Googled part 3 that's when I read the stuff about Avengers 3 coming out in 2016. How true that is I don't know, we'll just have to see.

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

Hard to tell at this point since details are scarce. Considering Sony is going for a Venom standalone movie, I wouldn't be surprise if Carnage is in it and he is overdue for an appearance on the big screen.

Thank you, I was beginning to think I was the only person who thought Carnage should have been in one of these movies by now.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PSP107

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

@PSP107 said:

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

Eric Foreman would of been a better Carnage than Venom.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@slimdogmilionar said:

@hallenbeck77: You bring up some good points, but I just watched TASM 2 the other day and when I Googled part 3 that's when I read the stuff about Avengers 3 coming out in 2016. How true that is I don't know, we'll just have to see.

I promise you, Avengers 3 WILL NOT be coming out in 2016. If anything, it'll be sometime in 2018 at the earliest, as the final film in Phase Three. Hell, the second Avengers film is still currently in production now. The Avengers is a VERY profitable franchise, and they are not going to ruin it by rushing a to get a third film in theaters less than a year after the second one comes out, especially when they already have a full schedule as it is. This is their current film schedule as of right now:

Avengers: Age of Ultron - July 17, 2015

Captain America 3 - May 6, 2016

Doctor Strange - July 8, 2016

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - July 28, 2017.

They have two more unannounced films scheduled to release in 2018--the first on July 5, the second November 7. They also have another movie coming out May 3, 2019.

Source: Variety.

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 slimdogmilionar

@hallenbeck77: Lol You did'nt have to post a source I believe you, thanks anyways. I don't remember where I read it but I also thought that Avengers 3 coming in 2016 would be kind of rushed when I had barely heard anything about Avengers 2. I didn't know about the Dr. Strange movie that could be good, also waiting to see how the death of Wolverine plays out, hopefully it does not carry over into the movies but you never know.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Well, it made just over $700 million worldwide, $200 million domestically and $500 million on foreign market, LINK, and it still has DVD retail and rental and digital services to profit off of, and it's already made a $273 million profit, so it appears they still know how to make money, which is their primary goal.

I actually liked the first Amazing Spider Man movie more than I liked the first three Spider Man movies with Toby Maguire films. I still haven't seen the second film, but I'm aware people weren't as satisfied with it. I'm going to wait to watch it myself before I weigh in on that. But, even if I don't like it I know I won't be that upset by it, I'm not emotionally invested in the franchise.