Why does everyone hate on republicans so much??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I think that they wish to be though as that gives them victim status which usually is accompanied by sympathy.

Serraph105

There's a whole boatload of motherf***ers who want to believe they're opressed.

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

[QUOTE="xLFTMx"]

Because the loud far right conservatives make the republican party look ridiculous. Especially to the mass teens on the internet that only watch the daily show and colbert report and watch bill O'reilly and Glenn Beck make asses of themselves constantly.

joshrocks2245

It's actually funny how people hate on Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck so much because I watch them everyday and they don't seem to be the Obama hating, crazy nutjobs that they are portrayed to be on shows like the daily show or the colbert report. Once in a while Bill might say something that some people may disagree with, then that gets posted on youtube and everyone just hates on him and thinks hes the worst person in the world even though hes only said like 1 thing people disagree with.

Took the wind out of my sails. I was gonna asked if you seen the Bill O riley show. That guy is a joke. Dont even get me started on Glenn Beck(so horrible fox taking his show off the air)
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

despite popular belief Conservatives are not under constant attack. I think that they wish to be though as that gives them victim status which usually is accompanied by sympathy.

Serraph105
I'm personally a big fan of those Christians who say they're oppressed despite being the largest religion in the world and also the most powerful.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I guess you're not familiar with the infamous internal memo's at Fox News.

Here's how a former producer at Fox News, Charlie Reina, put it, "The roots of Fox News Channel's day-to-day on-air bias are actual and direct. They come in the form of an executive memo distributed electronically each morning, addressing what stories will be covered and, often, suggesting how they should be covered. To the newsroom personnel responsible for the channel's daytime programming, The Memo is the bible. If, on any given day, you notice that the Fox anchors seem to be trying to drive a particular point home, you can bet The Memo is behind it."

-Sun_Tzu-

Oh well, doesn't change anything. They're pushing a view-point that was never even given a chance before Fox News came around.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 StopThePresses
Member since 2010 • 2767 Posts

[QUOTE="Serraph105"]

despite popular belief Conservatives are not under constant attack. I think that they wish to be though as that gives them victim status which usually is accompanied by sympathy.

Ace6301

I'm personally a big fan of those Christians who say they're oppressed despite being the largest religion in the world and also the most powerful.

This is the new thing these days: If anyone doesn't specifically pander to the majority group just because they're the majority group then that means that they are being oppressed.

The old man at Walmart didn't tell me Merry Christmas. Oh lawdy, I'm being oppressed.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 StopThePresses

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

Here's how a former producer at Fox News, Charlie Reina, put it, "The roots of Fox News Channel's day-to-day on-air bias are actual and direct. They come in the form of an executive memo distributed electronically each morning, addressing what stories will be covered and, often, suggesting how they should be covered. To the newsroom personnel responsible for the channel's daytime programming, The Memo is the bible. If, on any given day, you notice that the Fox anchors seem to be trying to drive a particular point home, you can bet The Memo is behind it."

airshocker

Oh well, doesn't change anything. They're pushing a view-point that was never even given a chance before Fox News came around.

So what you're saying is that even Nixon was a liberal by Fox News standards.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

So what you're saying is that even Nixon was a liberal by Fox News standards.StopThePresses

When was Nixon part of the media?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#158 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Serraph105"]

StopThePresses

This is the new thing these days: If anyone doesn't specifically pander to the majority group just because they're the majority group then that means that they are being oppressed.

The old man at Walmart didn't tell me Merry Christmas. Oh lawdy, I'm being oppressed.

How sweet. A guy completely oblivous to religious persecution across Africa, the Middle East, and most of Asia.:) Oh and let's not forget about Best Korea.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 StopThePresses

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"]So what you're saying is that even Nixon was a liberal by Fox News standards.airshocker

When was Nixon part of the media?

I really don't know why I even bothered.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I really don't know why I even bothered.StopThePresses

Two can play the game of asking ridiculous questions.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 StopThePresses

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"] I'm personally a big fan of those Christians who say they're oppressed despite being the largest religion in the world and also the most powerful.Storm_Marine

How sweet. A guy completely oblivous to religious persecution across Africa, the Middle East, and most of Asia. :)

Yep, all those Walmarts in Africa.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

airshocker

You're acting as if there was some great big conservative diaspora before Fox News came along.

[spoiler] There wasn't. [/spoiler]

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 StopThePresses

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"]I really don't know why I even bothered.airshocker

Two can play the game of asking ridiculous questions.

Yes, it's well established that you can do that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

You're acting as if there was some great big conservative diaspora before Fox News came along.

There wasn't.

-Sun_Tzu-

Sure does seem like it, sometimes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Yes, it's well established that you can do that.StopThePresses

Don't sell yourself short, that dubious award also belongs to you. -Pats-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"] This is the new thing these days: If anyone doesn't specifically pander to the majority group just because they're the majority group then that means that they are being oppressed.

StopThePresses

How sweet. A guy completely oblivous to religious persecution across Africa, the Middle East, and most of Asia. :)

Now it seems you're completely oblivious to the point I was trying to make as well.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 StopThePresses

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"][QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

Now it seems you're completely oblivious to the point I was trying to make as well.

That you think that someone being oppressed in some other place somehow makes someone else a victim just because they associate with some group that said oppressed people also consider themselves to be a part of? Even though those people do not have to deal with said oppression? That point? Unless by "a guy" you meant the Walmart worker and not me.
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 StopThePresses

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"]Yes, it's well established that you can do that.airshocker

Don't sell yourself short, that dubious award also belongs to you. -Pats-

Yeah, people always elect politicians that hold viewpoints that don't have an outlet. Oh, but they didn't have a CABLE "NEWS" NETWORK specifically dedicated to it. Ergo, their viewpoint had no chance.

Your logic is impeccable as always.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"] Yep, all those Walmarts in Africa.StopThePresses

That you think that someone being oppressed in some other place somehow makes someone else a victim just because they associate with some group that said oppressed people also consider themselves to be a part of? Even though those people do not have to deal with said oppression? That point? Unless by "a guy" you meant the Walmart worker and not me.

I was under the impression we were discussing the religion as a whole in the context of Ace's post.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
I honestly do not know how anyone could possibly swallow the bs that republicans put out. They constantly talk about how we should keep government out of people's business, and yet, they are the ONLY ones that want to restrict personal rights with their anti-abortion, and anti-gay, laws. The hypocrisy stinks. Also, how could you follow a group that would rather only cut spending when the only responsible solution is spending cuts along with tax increases. Many of then want to lower taxes for the top earners ever further! /rant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Yeah, people always elect politicians that hold viewpoints that don't have an outlet. Oh, but they didn't have a CABLE "NEWS" NETWORK specifically dedicated to it. Ergo, their viewpoint had no chance.

StopThePresses

Oh now you decide to make a point? Jeez, talk about over-complicating things. :)

It all comes down to what you think is fair. MSNBC is heavily biased to the left, and CNN is definitely leaning a bit that way. It's only fair that there should be a cable station for the right. Sorry if that crimps your style.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

There wasn't.

airshocker

Sure does seem like it, sometimes.

As far as conservative media before Fox News came along there was (among many other publications and organizations) the National Review, The American Spectator, The Heritage Foundation, The American Enterprise Institute, The Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, the Hoover Institute, and the birth of the modern conservative movement (a movement that Fox News owes its existence to). There really wasn't a lack of conservative media and influence before Fox News.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"]

airshocker

Oh now you decide to make a point? Jeez, talk about over-complicating things. :)

It all comes down to what you think is fair. MSNBC is heavily biased to the left, and CNN is definitely leaning a bit that way. It's only fair that there should be a cable station for the right. Sorry if that crimps your style.

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with manipulating information and lying to your audience. Totally fair.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

As far as conservative media before Fox News came along there was (among many other publications and organizations) the National Review, The American Spectator, The Heritage Foundation, The American Enterprise Institute, The Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, the Hoover Institute, and the birth of the modern conservative movement (a movement that Fox News owes its existence to). There really wasn't a lack of conservative media and influence before Fox News. -Sun_Tzu-

But no cable channel. Last time I checked MSNBC came before Fox News.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with manipulating information and lying to your audience. Totally fair.wolverine4262

What information do they manipulate? I also just showed proof that both MSNBC and Fox News have lied or been mistaken.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 deactivated-598fc45371265

I honestly do not know how anyone could possibly swallow the bs that republicans put out. They constantly talk about how we should keep government out of people's business, and yet, they are the ONLY ones that want to restrict personal rights with their anti-abortion,and anti-gay, laws. The hypocrisy stinks. Also, how could you follow a group that would rather only cut spending when the only responsible solution is spending cuts along with tax increases. Many of then want to lower taxes for the top earners ever further! /rantwolverine4262

ARGHHHH. I'm sick of hearing this.

First of all. I'm a Libertarian, I'm fine with legalizing drugs, gay marriage, prostitution, you name it.

Yet...I am Pro-life.

Why is this?

Because.

To me and all other Pro-lifers, the 'fetus' that is aborted, Is a Human Being!

Ergo, to us, abortion is murder.

And to the Libertarian, the right and proper role of the government is to protect Life and Liberty.

And if the fetus is in fact a human being with those rights….

…Wouldn't it make since for the Government to get involved in this and protect that fetus?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Storm_Marine

Get used to it, brother. It doesn't get any better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

airshocker

Get used to it, brother. It doesn't get any better.

People just don't have damn clue what the Pro-life position is really about.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]Yeah, there is nothing wrong with manipulating information and lying to your audience. Totally fair.airshocker

What information do they manipulate? I also just showed proof that both MSNBC and Fox News have lied or been mistaken.

I honestly didnt go through this entire thread. Manipulating information? How about every single time they edit a video or misquote someone? No, I am not going tto provide links b/c I feel this has been well documented by now. Also, how could you possibly compare Fox and MSNBC? MSNBC is simply trying to cater to an audience, while Fox is misleading its viewers... starting with its fair and balanced slogan...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I honestly didnt go through this entire thread. Manipulating information? How about every single time they edit a video or misquote someone? No, I am not going tto provide links b/c I feel this has been well documented by now. Also, how could you possibly compare Fox and MSNBC? MSNBC is simply trying to cater to an audience, while Fox is misleading its viewers... starting with its fair and balanced slogan...

wolverine4262

I'll be waiting on those links. And that's horse-s***. MSNBC is just as biased as Fox.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 wolverine4262

First of all. I'm a Libertarian, I'm fine with legalizing drugs, gay marriage, prostitution, you name it.

Yet...I am Pro-life.

Why is this?

Because.

And to the Libertarian, the right and proper role of the government is to protect Life and Liberty.

…Wouldn't it make since for the Government to get involved in this and protect that fetus?

Storm_Marine

I know exactly why you follow that, BUT there are plenty of people who would disagree with your opinion, and your opinion doesnt outweigh theirs. For a government to intrude on the personal decision of a single person should be wrong for the republican view. Regardless, my initial post stands....

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Yet...I am Pro-life.

Why is this?

Because.

Storm_Marine

The constitution only recognizes the post-natal as people.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]As far as conservative media before Fox News came along there was (among many other publications and organizations) the National Review, The American Spectator, The Heritage Foundation, The American Enterprise Institute, The Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, the Hoover Institute, and the birth of the modern conservative movement (a movement that Fox News owes its existence to). There really wasn't a lack of conservative media and influence before Fox News. airshocker

But no cable channel. Last time I checked MSNBC came before Fox News.

MSNBC, in its current form, did not exist prior to Fox News. As I've already said, in an attempt to increase ratings, MSNBC has tried to replicate the Fox News' model and recreate itself as a sort of quasi-Fox News for liberals. Before this recreation, MSNBC was really just a boring 24-hour offshoot of NBC News (it should also be noted that when MSNBC launched, that the one opinion show that was on MSNBC during the early years was hosted by Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham). But if it hadn't been for Fox News, MSNBC would not exist as it does today.
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 StopThePresses

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Yet...I am Pro-life.

Why is this?

Because.

DroidPhysX

What part of the Constitution is that exactly?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

MSNBC, in its current form, did not exist prior to Fox News. As I've already said, in an attempt to increase ratings, MSNBC has tried to replicate the Fox News' model and recreate itself as a sort of quasi-Fox News for liberals. Before this recreation, MSNBC was really just a boring 24-hour offshoot of NBC News (it should also be noted that when MSNBC launched, that the one opinion show that was on MSNBC during the early years was hosted by Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham). But if it hadn't been for Fox News, MSNBC would not exist as it does today. -Sun_Tzu-

Interesting. That I didn't know.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 StopThePresses

MSNBC, in its current form, did not exist prior to Fox News. As I've already said, in an attempt to increase ratings, MSNBC has tried to replicate the Fox News' model and recreate itself as a sort of quasi-Fox News for liberals. Before this recreation, MSNBC was really just a boring 24-hour offshoot of NBC News (it should also be noted that when MSNBC launched, that the one opinion show that was on MSNBC during the early years was hosted by Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham). But if it hadn't been for Fox News, MSNBC would not exist as it does today. -Sun_Tzu-
More to the point, probably hardly anyone here watches MSNBC. I know I sure as hell don't anyway. That's the difference, at least as far as these forums go: Just about EVERYONE here knows that MSNBC is a joke.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]

airshocker

I'll be waiting on those links. And that's horse-s***. MSNBC is just as biased as Fox.

Here is all the work for Im doing for you. Honestly, if you actually cared, you would do it yourself. More recently, I can remember how they took that rapper that visited the White House blatantly and completely out of context. All you have to do is watch The Daily Show for any amount of time.. Also, he points out the same crap on MSNBCs side...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Yet...I am Pro-life.

Why is this?

Because.

wolverine4262

I know exactly why you follow that, BUT there are plenty of people who would disagree with your opinion, and your opinion doesnt outweigh theirs.

I'm sure there are people in America that belive rape and murder are a-ok. But US goverment doesn't tolerate either. The whole legitamacy of 'law' rests on the idea that there is something greater and more objective than just random opinions.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#189 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Quite simple really the Republican party seems to be against progress in multiple areas.. If we look at Republican primary debates.. Chances are that every single one of the candidates don't accept Evolution.. That they don't accept Global warmings, or numerous other things.. Where you have people like Romney getting crap for saying he would allow Muslim to serve in his cabinet, the rest of the candidates were just "shocked" he would do such a thing.. Then we have the cluster **** of the Paul Ryan plan.. Which has been doing the same thing the Republicans been trying to do for a logn time.. Cut programs that benefit the middle and lower class, and cut taxes for the richer.. Even though we have evidence to show that the trickle down effect doesn't work. Furthermore this entire thread is ridiculous.. Just a few years ago it was the other way around.. Where liberals were the dirty group.. These things constantly flip back and fourth all the time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Yet...I am Pro-life.

Why is this?

Because.

DroidPhysX

Back in the day Blacks weren't recognized as people and neither were Native Americans. Or do I not remember US history correctly?

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Yet...I am Pro-life.

Why is this?

Because.

StopThePresses

What part of the Constitution is that exactly?

The Constitution does not define "person" in so many words. Section 1 of the Fourteenth Amendment contains three references to "person." The first, in defining "citizens," speaks of "persons born or naturalized in the United States." The word also appears both in the Due Process Clause and in the Equal Protection Clause. "Person" is used in other places in the Constitution: in the listing of qualifications for Representatives and Senators, Art. I, § 2, cl. 2, and § 3, cl. 3; in the Apportionment Clause, Art. I, § 2, cl. 3;[53]in the Migration and Importation provision, Art. I, § 9, cl. 1; in the Emolument Clause, Art. I, § 9, cl. 8; in the Electors provisions, Art. II, § 1, cl. 2, and the superseded cl. 3; in the provision outlining qualifications for the office of President, Art. II, § 1, cl. 5; in the Extradition provisions, Art. IV, § 2, cl. 2, and the superseded Fugitive Slave Clause 3; and in the Fifth, Twelfth, and Twenty-second Amendments, as well as in §§ 2 and 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment. But in nearly all these instances, the use of the word is such that it has application only post-natally. None indicates, with any assurance, that it has any possible pre-natal application.

The Majority Opinion of Roe v. Wade.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Yet...I am Pro-life.

Why is this?

Because.

Storm_Marine

What on earth are you talking about?

Rights (in the U.S.) are only given to citizens of the United States. Fetuses aren't recognized as people let alone citizens of the U.S.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

DroidPhysX

Rights (in the U.S.) are only given to citizens of the United States. Fetuses aren't recognized as people let alone citizens of the U.S.

You're missing the point of my discussion completely.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts
It's not that. It's that many people will go along with "their" party's opinion almost regardless of what the issue in question is. And I'm not just talking about who they vote for. I mean their stated opinion on any given issue.StopThePresses
Yeah, that's a huge problem and extends across the constituents of both parties. It stifles thought and creates, effectively, a large group of yes-men.

I was talking to someone earlier today about Apple fans (because one of his friends was trying to convince him to by an iPhone by saying that there was no reason whatsoever to consider any other smartphone), and I mentioned that if you can't name one negative thing about a product you're probably either misinformed or not thinking about it objectively.

I think one's political opinions follow a similar guideline: If you don't disagree with the party you most affiliate with on any topic (or at the very least can't see the rationale behind the opposing party's viewpoint on at least one issue) then you're probably misinformed or not thinking about it objectively.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

What exactly is the point?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Rights (in the U.S.) are only given to citizens of the United States. Fetuses aren't recognized as people let alone citizens of the U.S.DroidPhysX

Just go read my posts.

And when is Wolverine going to hurry up and get back to me?

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 wolverine4262

I'm sure there are people in Americathat belive rape and murder are a-ok.But US govermentdoesn't tolerate either. The whole legitamacy of 'law' rests on the idea that there is something greater and more objective than just random opinions.

Storm_Marine

No, it is your opinion that life begins at conception (im guessing). Others do not hold that claim. THats all I have to say on this. I didnt do this to get into a debate on abortion, merely to display the hypocrisy of the republicans.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

I'm sure there are people in Americathat belive rape and murder are a-ok.But US govermentdoesn't tolerate either. The whole legitamacy of 'law' rests on the idea that there is something greater and more objective than just random opinions.

wolverine4262

No, it is your opinion that life begins at conception (im guessing). Others do not hold that claim. THats all I have to say on this. I didnt do this to get into a debate on abortion, merely to display the hypocrisy of the republicans.

Why is it hypocritcal?

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

Just go read my posts.

And when is Wolverine going to hurry up and get back to me?

Okay? And then I just proved why a fetus isn't entitled to those 'rights'.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

Why is it hypocritcal?

Because they are against the government telling the citizens what to do. Apparently that ends at government regulation of business and gun laws... Also, there are comparisons to be made between sharia law ( the very same thing republicans are so irrationally terrified of), and the anti-gay/abortion laws, which stem almost universally from the religious right...