why do you think god has the right to judge you?

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

lookin more for your view, and less for your "answer".

you can even not believe in god, all input is welcome.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
How can someone's view not be their answer? Also, what?
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

If there is a perfect being out there, I would think it is the only thing with the proper credentials for "judging".

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 i-rock-socks
[QUOTE="spazzx625"]How can someone's view not be their answer? Also, what?

its pretty straight forward if you dont have an answer dont post also by answer i mean, "im right, and you wrong" what you think, not what you "know" and yes, there IS a difference
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

If I paint a picture or make a sandwich I have every right to say "Wow, this sucks" and then verbally abuse my creation for not being what I wanted to to be.

Now, in Gods/our case he gave us free will and told us to be a certain way and then in the event we disobey him he has even more right to abuse us.

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts

Judge not lest ye be judged.........so yea god im watching you too :x

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

The Almighty will have a lot to answer for on Judgement Day.

And I won't go easy on Him. :evil:

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 spazzx625
[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"][QUOTE="spazzx625"]How can someone's view not be their answer? Also, what?

its pretty straight forward if you dont have an answer dont post also by answer i mean, "im right, and you wrong" what you think, not what you "know" and yes, there IS a difference

Thinking and knowing in relation to an omnipotent god-being are not different, though...
DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

Because he has the ultimate banhammer! :evil:

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

If (hypotheticaly) god created us, then he has evrey right to judge us.

Hell if a random guy who went trough law school and has no connection with us can judge us then i think the being that created us certainly has :D

Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mu5uk0
Member since 2005 • 19144 Posts
I believe Santa Claus has more of a right to judge.
Avatar image for deactivated-612079a2c3358
deactivated-612079a2c3358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-612079a2c3358
Member since 2004 • 1957 Posts

If I paint a picture or make a sandwich I have every right to say "Wow, this sucks" and then verbally abuse my creation for not being what I wanted to to be.

Now, in Gods/our case he gave us free will and told us to be a certain way and then in the event we disobey him he has even more right to abuse us.

DigitalExile
But what if your sandwich developed a consciousness and emotions along with it.. Surely, you don't want to make your sandwich cry? ...Do you?
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

Errr...Because he created us. Do you think your PArents have the right to Judge your actions?

You're also forgiven for your sins through Penance and Confession so...:P

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Snipes_2

DigitalExile

Yeah, I agree with this.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 i-rock-socks
[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="i-rock-socks"][QUOTE="spazzx625"]How can someone's view not be their answer? Also, what?

Thinking and knowing in relation to an omnipotent god-being are not different, though...

no thinking is thinking and knowing is knowing regardless of why if you cant be sure then you dont know, therefore you "think" thus, they are "different"
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 spazzx625
[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"] no thinking is thinking and knowing is knowing regardless of why if you cant be sure then you dont know, therefore you "think" thus, they are "different"

No one can be sure if god exists...That's my point. You can only believe in god, you cannot know anything like that exists. If we did, science as we know it would be drastically altered.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

No all-loving, benevolent being would "judge" his creation. Every action that creation performs would be in reverence of that being, whether good, bad or neutral.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 i-rock-socks

DigitalExile
does that mean i could abuse my children :P and why does god abuse even people that follow his/her/its certain way? do you mean, in (after) death abuse? if so... lame lol
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 i-rock-socks
[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="i-rock-socks"] no thinking is thinking and knowing is knowing regardless of why if you cant be sure then you dont know, therefore you "think" thus, they are "different"

No one can be sure if god exists...That's my point. You can only believe in god, you cannot know anything like that exists. If we did, science as we know it would be drastically altered.

how is that ur point? thats my point, you say knowing and thinking about god are the same. which is not true, since you dont "know" anything about god you think thats MY point and how would science be altered even if god is real, or was proven to be real its not like all the scientists would throw out their notes going "**** it, god did it" maybe god did make everything (i do not believe this tho), but that doesnt mean we cant study how his creations work.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Well he is the one that made everything so I suppose he is allowed to judge his own creations.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 spazzx625
[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"] how is that ur point? thats my point, you say knowing and thinking about god are the same. which is not true, since you dont "know" anything about god you think thats MY point and how would science be altered even if god is real, or was proven to be real its not like all the scientists would throw out their notes going "**** it, god did it" maybe god did make everything (i do not believe this tho), but that doesnt mean we cant study how his creations work.

Perhaps your bullet-pointed posts are simply confusing what you're trying to say...But you said that thinking and knowing are NOT the same originally, I'm saying they are because no one can KNOW anything about god, they can only think it.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 i-rock-socks

No all-loving, benevolent being would "judge" his creation. Every action that creation performs would be in reverence of that being, whether good, bad or neutral.

foxhound_fox
interesting view finally an actual, serious response i personally dont believe god to be as perfect or all-loving as people claim em to be i respect others views (urs included) fully tho unless they start conflicting with how i want to live my live of course
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 i-rock-socks
[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="i-rock-socks"] how is that ur point? thats my point, you say knowing and thinking about god are the same. which is not true, since you dont "know" anything about god you think thats MY point and how would science be altered even if god is real, or was proven to be real its not like all the scientists would throw out their notes going "**** it, god did it" maybe god did make everything (i do not believe this tho), but that doesnt mean we cant study how his creations work.

Perhaps your bullet-pointed posts are simply confusing what you're trying to say...But you said that thinking and knowing are NOT the same originally, I'm saying they are because no one can KNOW anything about god, they can only think it.

perhaps ur just easily confused and just because you got confused gives you no right to insult me, regardless of how veiled it is like i said many times thinking and knowing are not the same and never will be if you dont know, or CANT know, then you think how is THAT confusing?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

interesting view finally an actual, serious response i personally dont believe god to be as perfect or all-loving as people claim em to be i respect others views (urs included) fully tho unless they start conflicting with how i want to live my live of coursei-rock-socks

That is a problem. As soon as God becomes anything but "perfect," he ceases to be "God."

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 spazzx625
[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"] perhaps ur just easily confused and just because you got confused gives you no right to insult me, regardless of how veiled it is like i said many times thinking and knowing are not the same and never will be if you dont know, or CANT know, then you think how is THAT confusing?

I don't think I'm the one confused here...Also, I'm not insulting anything, you are posting in bullet points. How is what I'm asking confusing? How can someone KNOW there is a god?
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

[QUOTE="DigitalExile"]

i-rock-socks

does that mean i could abuse my children :P and why does god abuse even people that follow his/her/its certain way? do you mean, in (after) death abuse? if so... lame lol

Alternatively, God is the boss of the universe and he can do anything like a boss.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 i-rock-socks
[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="i-rock-socks"] perhaps ur just easily confused and just because you got confused gives you no right to insult me, regardless of how veiled it is like i said many times thinking and knowing are not the same and never will be if you dont know, or CANT know, then you think how is THAT confusing?

I don't think I'm the one confused here...Also, I'm not insulting anything, you are posting in bullet points. How is what I'm asking confusing? How can someone KNOW there is a god?

see you are confused thats my point you cant know therefore you think noone can know therefore everyone thinks i dont see where you keep getting that im implying someone knows about god
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"][QUOTE="DigitalExile"]

DigitalExile

Alternatively, God is the boss of the universe and he can do anything like a boss.

YEah, and I don't think God "Abuses" His children. You have the ability to do whatever you like on Earth whether it be right or wrong.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
Does the potter not have a right over the clay? If the creation falls from perfection should not the Creator make it right? This creation has fallen into sin and God will judge this world, bringing about perfection once again. For God to lovingly make this world perfect, should he not also destroy what is sinful? In order to make something good, you must purge that which is evil, not simply let it be.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 i-rock-socks

[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"][QUOTE="DigitalExile"]

DigitalExile

lol like slim thug rollin around in space in his Escalade :P
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 spazzx625
[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"] i dont see where you keep getting that im implying someone knows about god

[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"] what you think, not what you "know"

All I was originally asking for was clarification on what your opening post meant. Your answer was inadequate in that it doesn't provide any indication of what the difference is you are talking about. My point is that no one can know if there's a god, they can only think it, which makes all of this nonsense about knowing and thinking moot because it's only thinking. I tend to ask for clarification on things before posting to avoid unnecessary arguments, but instead you've taken it upon yourself to get bent out of shape over nothing.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blackregiment
Member since 2007 • 11937 Posts

But you said that thinking and knowing are NOT the same originally, I'm saying they are because no one can KNOW anything about god, they can only think it.spazzx625

I disagree with that. We can know a great deal about God. While you many disagree and i respect your right to do so, God has revealed Himself in His creation, in the person of Jesus Christ, In His revealed Word, in fulfilled prophecy, and in the power of the Holy Spirit to change the lives of those that place their faith and trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 spazzx625

[QUOTE="spazzx625"]But you said that thinking and knowing are NOT the same originally, I'm saying they are because no one can KNOW anything about god, they can only think it.blackregiment

I disagree with that. We can know a great deal about God. While you many disagree and i respect your right to do so, God has revealed Himself in His creation, in the person of Jesus Christ, In His revealed Word, in fulfilled prophecy, and in the power of the Holy Spirit to change the lives of those that place their faith and trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

No, that's still a belief.
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
I think that nobody should judge anybody even if your a perfect being but I believe there is no God sooo
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 i-rock-socks

[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"] i dont see where you keep getting that im implying someone knows about godspazzx625
what you think, not what you "know" i-rock-socks
All I was originally asking for was clarification on what your opening post meant. Your answer was inadequate in that it doesn't provide any indication of what the difference is you are talking about. My point is that no one can know if there's a god, they can only think it, which makes all of this nonsense about knowing and thinking moot because it's only thinking. I tend to ask for clarification on things before posting to avoid unnecessary arguments, but instead you've taken it upon yourself to get bent out of shape over nothing.

it was perfectly adequate

you just didnt understand

and if that was the point that you were trying to get across, that you wanted clarification and werent arguing it was inadequate

even if my original post was inadequate, i clarified it many times

like i said, you just couldnt understand

if anyones getting bent out of shape its not me

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blackregiment

Does the potter not have a right over the clay? If the creation falls from perfection should not the Creator make it right? This creation has fallen into sin and God will judge this world, bringing about perfection once again. For God to lovingly make this world perfect, should he not also destroy what is sinful? In order to make something good, you must purge that which is evil, not simply let it be.mindstorm

Well said. God's plan is an eternal one. As humans, we tend to focus on this temporal world and forget that this life is but a wisp of smoke compared to eternity. Our human tendency to think in temporal terms, often results in many having difficulty accepting the sovereignty of God over His creation.

EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
IF you assume there is a god.. and this god is our creator.. then why wouldn't he have the right to judge me? I think this thread takes the assumption of individualism a little excessively as seen in majority of industrialized society.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 i-rock-socks

[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"]interesting view finally an actual, serious response i personally dont believe god to be as perfect or all-loving as people claim em to be i respect others views (urs included) fully tho unless they start conflicting with how i want to live my live of coursefoxhound_fox

That is a problem. As soon as God becomes anything but "perfect," he ceases to be "God."

so if the being that created all life on earth and earth itself wasnt perfect

you wouldnt think of him as ur god?

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="spazzx625"]But you said that thinking and knowing are NOT the same originally, I'm saying they are because no one can KNOW anything about god, they can only think it.spazzx625

No, that's still a belief.

No, actually your suggestion that it is a belief is actually a belief. God's revelation in the areas I mentioned is a historical reality and continues to this very day.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 spazzx625

No, actually your suggestion that it is a belief is actually a belief. God's revelation in the areas I mentioned is a historical reality and continues to this very day.

blackregiment
What? That is contradictory. Also, if this was a matter of knowing the truth, it would make all other religions obsolete. There is also no quantifiable proof of this so it fails the basic scientific method of being factual.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 i-rock-socks
[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]IF you assume there is a god.. and this god is our creator.. then why wouldn't he have the right to judge me? I think this thread takes the assumption of individualism a little excessively as seen in majority of industrialized society.

so everything i create i can judge and do with which whatever i like? i dont see how simply creating something gives one power over it, atleast when this creation has free will also, your assumptions are baseless
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 i-rock-socks
[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

spazzx625
What? That is contradictory. Also, if this was a matter of knowing the truth, it would make all other religions obsolete. There is also no quantifiable proof of this so it fails the basic scientific method of being factual.

despite our previous argument, lets be pals :D and as prospective pals i recommend just walking away from these kinds of disscussions (i mean between you and him/her) you will never shake their faith trust ive tried just a bunch of wasted time and energy and for the other guy/girl too i dont think urll convert spazzx i just wanted a lil disscussion but religion always turns to debate :(
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

spazzx625

Not at all. Science cannot confirm metaphysical truth. Sometimes they attempt to but by definition, science only deals with the natural world, not the supernatural. Many confuse practical science with the pseudo science of origins.

In addition, with many scientific discoveries in fields such as cellular biology, astronomy, and astrophysics, the truth of God's Word is being confirmed.

Here's just one example of following the evidence, the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

"Dr. Greenleaf, the Royal Professor of Law at Harvard University, was one of the greatest legal minds that ever lived. He wrote the famous legal volume entitled, A Treatise on the Law of Evidence, considered by many the greatest legal volume ever written. Dr. Simon Greenleaf believed the Resurrection of Jesus Christ was a hoax. And he determined, once and for all, to expose the "myth" of the Resurrection. After thoroughly examining the evidence for the resurrection — Dr. Greenleaf came to the exact opposite conclusion! He wrote a book entitled, An Examination of the Testimony of the Four Evangelists by the Rules of Evidence Administered in the Courts of Justice. In which he emphatically stated:

"it was impossible that the apostles could have persisted in affirming the truths they had narrated, had not Jesus Christ actually risen from the dead. . . ."
(Simon Greenleaf, An Examination of the Testimony of the Four Evangelists by the Rules of Evidence Administered in the Courts of Justice, p.29).

Greenleaf concluded that according to the jurisdiction of legal evidence the resurrection of Jesus Christ was the best supported event in all of ancient history!

And not only that, Dr. Greenleaf was so convinced by the overwhelming evidence, he committed his life to Jesus Christ!" Source: Evidence That Demands a Verdict.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 spazzx625
blackregiment
How could it be proven that Jesus was resurrected? I would be interested in reading the source material, I assume the last line was meant to contain a link?
David_Skip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 David_Skip
Member since 2010 • 137 Posts

If there is a perfect being out there, I would think it is the only thing with the proper credentials for "judging".

wallymartin

I agree with that.

shaunk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shaunk89
Member since 2009 • 945 Posts

Because 2pac said so.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 i-rock-socks

[QUOTE="wallymartin"]

David_Skip

I agree with that.

what makes you think there is only one perfect being?
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 i-rock-socks

Because 2pac said so.

shaunk89
lmao yeah but tupac said alot of things
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]spazzx625
How could it be proven that Jesus was resurrected? I would be interested in reading the source material, I assume the last line was meant to contain a link?

There are many places where you can find that information. There are several good books on the subject as well as several good web sites. In addition, the sticky threads on the Bible Believers Union has a lot of information.

Here are a couple of web sites. I hope you find the information helpful.

http://www.garyhabermas.com/

http://www.windmillministries.org/frames/CH14A.htm

http://www.allaboutthejourney.org/

http://www.gotquestions.org/did-Jesus-exist.html

shaunk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shaunk89
Member since 2009 • 945 Posts